Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Spoilers (Light novels + Web Arcs) [Full]

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts
Well since this series is one of my all time favorites, I thought I'd share some spoilers to anyone would is interested and just can't wait 1 month for each chapter.

Spoiler

NOTE: Please Read
Spoiler

These spoilers are NOT done by me (credits are shown):
Spoilers of the Web Arcs: (not the light novel ones as they're almost exactly the same as the Web Arcs):
Spoiler

I'm reading Baka-Tsuki translations though. Full version's more interesting now that I've read it xD

Edited by FudgeNouget, 01 December 2012 - 03:12 AM.

Ariel

Ariel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWhere 2D rules.
Just to make things clear, there are few mistakes within those summaries, but in general, all are quite good taking in account that the guy who did this doesn't know Japanese.

Summaries and comments can be posted outside Jcafe, only DD links can't be posted in another web page.

Btw, the main reason to not get the first volume done was that they summarized it while Seitsuki was still working on it, so he drop this out. Now this is an official project there, but I doubt you will get more translations soon. But don't lost your hopes ;)

ー世界が平和でありますようにー

Joker

Joker

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFreezed in a capsule waiting for the creation of VRMMORPGs
@FudgeNouget I have just one question who the hell is Sayaka????

"You must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom -

privatejoker

privatejoker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Awesome, although I love that the summaries tell the story i would still rather read the direct translations.

Thunder

Thunder

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationI fart in your general direction
I already read these summaries a few months ago and I must say I really like them.. especially when they showed Tatsuya X Mayumi moment Posted Image

It's a shame tho.. because Ironically these summaries are also the one that kept us from reading the full translation *shrug*

Edited by Thunder, 29 July 2012 - 09:09 AM.

harryisme

harryisme

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Thank you for posting the summaries, was thinking of waiting for the manga to catch up but considering it's released in a Monthly manga, and it could talk about year to cover each book, and with two books covering each arc, we could be looking at 12 years before the story catches up to the web series...and i'm not planning on reading manga into my forties.

FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Thank you for posting the summaries, was thinking of waiting for the manga to catch up but considering it's released in a Monthly manga, and it could talk about year to cover each book, and with two books covering each arc, we could be looking at 12 years before the story catches up to the web series...and i'm not planning on reading manga into my forties.

Not planning on reading manga into your forties???!!! LE GASP!!!

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Tatsuya should change his name to "Haxuya".

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

Awesome, although I love that the summaries tell the story i would still rather read the direct translations.

I agree... I always feel akward when i read the summaries.

acolyte

acolyte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Question 1: I tried clicking the Show button in the first 2 spoiler blocks, but it doesn't show anything. Anyone know why?
Question 2: Why is it redundant? Is it because the summary is done really well, or because there's too much detail in the actual story and the summary is more useful?
I like to immerse myself in the novel world so I can't quite get why is it redundant~

EDIT: I took a peek of the summary and I see why.. I pretty much answered my own question.. But I still would like to immerse myself, if possible^-^

Edited by acolyte, 25 September 2012 - 03:49 PM.

MKNR

MKNR

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Question 1: I tried clicking the Show button in the first 2 spoiler blocks, but it doesn't show anything. Anyone know why?
Question 2: Why is it redundant? Is it because the summary is done really well, or because there's too much detail in the actual story and the summary is more useful?
I like to immerse myself in the novel world so I can't quite get why is it redundant~

EDIT: I took a peek of the summary and I see why.. I pretty much answered my own question.. But I still would like to immerse myself, if possible^-^

1) First 2 blocks Shows basic plot and History, along with various terms that are used in the series....but if you download "Characters and Terminology" link from 3rd spoiler block it;s the same....just a simple introduction to the series

2) No, the Novel is actually being translated here ---> http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei#The_Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei_series_by_Sato_Tsutomu

but only volume 1 - 3 (uptil Chapter 3) has been translated so far, but the whole thing will be translated in due time (upto volume 7 latest release)

Summaries are derived from web arcs, which the author was working on before he started the novel, basically "1 Web arc = 2 Volumes of Novel"

so if you have caught up with the manga (Chapter 11?) and want to continue with the story .....i will advice you to read from "Voume 1 Chapter 6" onwards and when you are caught up with all the novel translations please Proceed with the "Web arc summaries" provided in the first post of this thread

also visit these sites if you want to join in and discuss the light novels with us :)

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=28047.0
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109655

Edited by MKNR, 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
Web arc 1 link is broken...

But its covered by the LN Vol1 and Vol2 right?

MKNR

MKNR

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Web arc 1 link is broken...

But its covered by the LN Vol1 and Vol2 right?

Yes

1 Web arc = 2 volumes of Novel

3m2vinatohr04

3m2vinatohr04

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines
why are there 2 summaries for web arc 2?

"Only losers use drugs to make women horny. True men black mail, cheat, humiliate and all those good things to do the job."

MKNR

MKNR

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

why are there 2 summaries for web arc 2?

No they are separate it should be in this order 2 & 2.5

MKnR Web Arc (2) Summary

MKnR Web Arc (2.5) Student Council Election Summary

3m2vinatohr04

3m2vinatohr04

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines
oh i see, that explains it

anyway could someone re upload the web arc 1 summary?

"Only losers use drugs to make women horny. True men black mail, cheat, humiliate and all those good things to do the job."

Mark Lister Antequisa

Mark Lister Antequisa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Would anyone mind posting Web Arc 1 Summary? I really want to read this again. :batoto_008:

bietchie10

bietchie10

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBurnaby, B.C., Canada
web arc 1 = the 1st and 2nd volumne in Baka-tsuki. You can read there for more detail.....

"Using RPG as an analogy,what class would Tatsuya be?"[Mizuki]"He would be a mad scientist of course."[Erika] "That's not from an RPG."[Shizuku] "Then, maybe a sage dwelling in the remote lands far removed from civilization that imparts a secret technique."[Erika] "A martial sage then."[Leo] "An evil wizard scheming to conquer the world?"[Erika] "I think a Demon King would be more suitable."[Mikihiko] "No, no, no, after defeating the Demon King, turns out I'm the real man behind the man~. Doesn't he fit being the Final Boss who bars the main character's way?"[Leo] "How come everyone doesn't think he fits the hero?"[Honoka] "Forget it, Honoka. I do give off an evil vibe after all."[Tatsuya] "Onii-sama, strength alone is the true justice."[Miyuki] "Oh snap, as expected of the Demon King's sister!"[Erika]

-Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

--------

My favorite:

Spoiler

Osiccor

Osiccor

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 387 posts
Are these light novels fully translated? Any idea where I can find them. Also is there a sequel to the light novel. Looks like the author left the possibility of a sequel.

Who is the most popular season 2 ToG character? Cast your vote for your favourite character here.

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
i have a question: there's no more summaries? the webnovel ended with only six arcs? because many thing stay unresolved in the secret feud (sixth arc)

anyway, thanks for the summaries

nvm, im checking jcafe forum

Edited by Neobosco, 30 October 2012 - 08:17 PM.