Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 387votes)

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Alt Names: alt 小亂之魔法家族alt 乱と灰色の世界alt Ran and the Ashen Worldalt Ran and the Gray Worldalt Ran and the Grey Worldalt Ran ve Gri Dünyaalt Rans magiska värld
Author: Irie Aki
Artist: Irie Aki
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet the Urumas, a slightly dysfunctional family of four sorcerers. Mom, being the most powerful sorceress around, works away from home keeping the world safe. Dad picks up the slack and takes care of the family. Except when he's out, which is when the older brother Jin finds himself in the unenviable position of keeping tabs on his sister Ran. And Ran, the youngest, is a willful girl with too much power and too little wisdom. Let's take a look at Ran's everyday misadventures, shall we?
Go to Ran to Haiiro no Sekai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A defense of the creeper New Window granolabar
  • 3 Replies
Topic Outarou & Ran, Pedophilic ass and ignorant little girl New Window truepurple
  • 44 Replies
Topic Latest Ch. Discussion New Window kulekrizpy
  • 3 Replies
Topic Application of the term loli New Window truepurple
  • 13 Replies

425 Comments

OHMIGOSHOHMIGOSHOHMIGOSH

I can't handle this. This was too sweet. Gaaaaaah! I screamed like a fangirl despite being a young man in his twenties!

I'm crying so much.

so basicly what you are saying is that it wasn't dramatic enough for you? Well I didn't see a drama tag on the manga so, yea didn't expect there to be much drama... So... yea...

That's 'basically' not what I was trying to saying at all. :< I'm honestly not quite sure how you inferred that from my comment.

How to melt your heart in a lava so sweet.

Seriously, there's not enough gangsta rap in the world to stop me from feeling some type of way.

SCREAMS INTERNALLY FOR A DECADE

THREE TIMES. A WHOLE THREE TIMES. IT'S CHRISTMAS, NEW YEARS AND MY BIRTHDAY ALL IN ONE.

8nf4M8H.png

Oh, my goodness.  I'm going to have to go back and re-read this chapter a few times just to re-experience the sweet sorrow.

so basicly what you are saying is that it wasn't dramatic enough for you? Well I didn't see a drama tag on the manga so, yea didn't expect there to be much drama... So... yea...

Can I remind you of the seinen tag. It's a pretty broad genre, but drama could still be used in the story telling.

This sure as hell ain't no shonen!

Spoiler

Like I said though, I don't hate Hibi. I just like everyone else far more.

Aaaargh , my heart !!!!!!!

Is it just me, or does it feel like the story has been "ending next chapter" for quite some time? Everytime I come here I expect to see an "The End" but there's always a "to be contuned" :/

The author did mention a fee chapters ago tha this was the last arc.

This chapter reminded me of my first kiss... 

Is it just me, or does it feel like the story has been "ending next chapter" for quite some time? Everytime I come here I expect to see an "The End" but there's always a "to be contuned" :/

Spoiler

Like I said though, I don't hate Hibi. I just like everyone else far more.

He feels so cookie cutter to me.

Not only have I seen this kid a hundred times in stories, I've also had to deal with this kid a hundred time in real life.

I wont say I hate him though. It takes too much effort for me to hate things. I just like every other character in this manga far more.

I can't force you to like Hibi, but I think your severely underestimating Hibi's role in Ran's life. They both start out as brats: Hibi as a complete Tsun, bullying the girl he likes, and Ran as a immature kid trying really hard to act grown up. However, as time goes on and they start talking to each other, they started to grow up together and with all the Outarou madness going on and her family in a mess, Hibi becomes her anchor to keep her in reality, and stop her from being swept away by all the crazy magical powers she can't handle yet, hence why he followed her into battle. He's not a cookie cutter brat that you see anywhere anymore; he's a integral part of Ran's development who has now matured enough to be open about his feelings for Ran (which is adorable) and is going to be part of her future. He was meant to be normal and mundane compared to all the other characters in the story because Ran needs that mellow safehouse as she goes on her own crazy adventure and if that makes you like Hibi less, then that's too bad but he is definitely not just a bland character.

The sequel will be about how a sorcerer manages to be a good florist's assistant.

Regarding ships, I like how the author manages to make everyone happy: even as an Outarou shipper, I can't say I dislike this couple. In fact, I reconigze this ship makes more sense, they fit each other perflecly. So yeah, even with my beloved ship sunken, I'm satisfied. 

This is the only thing in my mind right now.

Spoiler

So no one is curious in what is the thing she wants  to do with the help of magic?

Make a peaceful   world, making everyone happy.

Make your bets ladies and gentlemens.

It's so...fluffy. Wow. Full points to Hibi for being a tsundere that has no problem saying cheesy lines like "as long as you're happy" to the girl he likes without even batting an eyelash, but turns beet red when he gets complimented by her or tries to tell her she's cute.

Spoiler

Hibi....so COOL X0D!

I never would have imagined that Hibi would have so many people involved with him and his parents' store to eat together like that. Has a very similar vibe to how things are when the Uruma's have gatherings; a very lively affair =03. It was pretty cute seeing her be the external element in a similar environment. Kinda makes me want to see the day-to-day affairs of Hibi, like how they did with Nio a few chapters back.

Well, I think it makes some sense that now the story strenghten the relationship between Ran and Hibi. But even if they both end being a couple, I always remember that Hibi is there just because Outaru died. So I'm not sure about this new and final development.

I disagree. This isn't like, say Natsuyuki Rendezvous(cookies to those who know why I used this as a ref), where the dead char was the sole person who built the female protagonist up into who she was, and the main male protagonist just shows up and tries to date her/love her/be supportive of her. Something like that, yeah, it'd feel like the male MC only got a chance because former boyfriend died. 

However, Hibi was there before Outarou came into the picture. He was there when Outarou was around, and he's here after Outarou is gone. Hibi formed his own bond with her that was completely separate from Outarou. Hibi's relationship is not a derivative of Outarou's death; its the consideration, love, and support he's shown her throughout this story. Even if Outarou were still around, I feel that his consistent determination to be an integral part of Ran's life would still create the same feelings they have between one another as they have now =03.

hnnng.jpg

HIBI, IF YOU DON'T GIVE HER A KISS OR MAKE A CHILDHOOD MARRIAGE PROMISE...

No, no, no.  He can't do that yet.  Partly because he's a tsundere.

But also, he's a florist, and this is the romance to contrast with the previous one.  Before, Ran was in a whirlwind romance which was all about her attempts to be grown up before her time.  This is the romance which shows, paradoxically, her maturity in being only as adult as she actually is.  Which is why he's a florist--an earthy, solid, patient profession, involved with beauty but in tune with time.  

To everything its season.  First there are bare branches, then tiny buds, which grow to have the promise of what they will become, and only then do they gently unfurl into bloom.  That's what the romance is this time, so you gotta be patient with Hibi as he carefully grows this one right so it will bloom healthy and bear great fruit.

UUURRRGHHHH I'M NOT READY FOR THIS TO END.

/sobs inconsolably

Warning: this chapter may cause diabetes.

ACUK3jY.gif

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics