Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 437votes)

Hayate no Gotoku!

Alt Names: alt ハヤテのごとく!alt Hayate the Combat Butler
Author: Hata Kenjiro
Artist: Hata Kenjiro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ayasaki Hayate, 16, the world's unluckiest boy.
Working hard as a child for food and school fees, his unemployed and indebted parents sold him to the yakuza for his internal organs. After temporarily escaping the criminals and contemplating the benefits of a life of crime, he was saved by a wealthy young girl, who now employs him as a live-in butler.
Go to Hayate no Gotoku! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hayate manga download New Window ash111
  • 1 Replies
Topic missing chapter New Window firathmagi
  • 0 Replies
Topic Hayate no Gotoku [spoilers] New Window defry
  • 3 Replies
Topic Have you viewed the anime? New Window Baltringue29
  • 6 Replies
Topic I really can't understand Hayate's preference... New Window S&Mplayer
  • 11 Replies
Topic Why do you enjoy this series? New Window rockingoldensamurai
  • 8 Replies

3443 Comments

I trolled myself T.T thinking that it was a new chapter.
No, Hayate, they are doing it on purpose. That's why it's called "Hayate's Apartment of Harem."
wow this is still ongoing! i honestly don't know how the author manages to keep up with this story
Harem!!! Complete!!!!!
Spoiler
Challenge Accepted!! and failed miserably...... ;p
@b-werx

Because this is supposed to be a comedy-harem. The battle scenes are just extras. As of ch363, the author has focused less on extra characters (klaus, tama, etc) and more on the girls in the apartment. This would then put more emphasis on the comedy-harem theme.

Nagi is still the main character. This actually makes this comedy-harem manga more exciting because we all know that all of the girls have equal chance to capture Hayate's heart. Unlike in other harems where we already know who the guy will end up with, Hayate is exciting because up to now, the readers still wants to find out who he will end up with.

How about you? Who do you think Hayate will end up with?
I like the realism at some times but also the non realistic things that happens on the right moments.
It depends on each individual's point of view. But as for me the hodgepodge of characters is starting to crowd up the whole story. I always thought Nagi is one of the main characters, but now she's reduced to lesser roles. Athena has become one of my favorites as well, but due to the sheer number of characters her story plot seems to have stopped or becams stagnant. Will she ever get her memories back? Or will she ever return to her original form? And how long will it take for her plot to progress? What happened to Tama? Never see him anymore, Klaus has been dispatched too. There are now too many characters that I feel that the series has been deluted. One problem leads to another that complicates the situation amd another will add up making you forget the original.problem
@b-werks
I always found the combat in hayate pretty meh. It felt more like a comedic outlet for the series seeing as how there more joke than not even in the serious fights. I like the "slice of life" hayate a whole lot more to be honest.

What I like about the series quite a bit is that as things went on, it seemed to focus less on Hayate. Now it's a medley of characters with their own plots that interweave and those of others. Hayate features in most of this, but is not central. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I enjoy how a lot of the characters are developed and done in such a way that it feels like part of the plot at large in the series instead of being complete nonsense.
Hina and Ayumu dont need to worry about Ruka living there, once Athena gets her body back wee all know only Maria can give her a run for her money.
Harem Overwhelming!
started following this series because of the "combat butler" theme an it's not everyday you get to read battle ready butlers like Eri's butler Sebastian or the head butler on the "they are my noble master" series. I got hooked on it for abot more during the Athena arc. but now, I feel that somewhere in the middle the combat theme got lost somewhere
The most boring thing about this chapter is that there will be a 2 week break.
Hell yeah, all harem assembled :)
What's wrong with vibrating phones?
the iphone, too hilarious.
Photo
TsundereChan
May 26 2012 04:45 PM
Harem established.
When I opened the lastest chapter I expected the classic "other girl hugging main and other girl walks in" missunderstanding sitution but the way this ended was much better.
They should rename the apartments to "Hayate's Harem House"
Er, meant ch. 364. -_- I wish there was an edit option...
Ch. 362:
Spoiler
@kimchi

That's funny.
Looks like Hata fucked up the time-space continuum again. Iphone was released in 2007.
Hayate, that lucky bastard.
Time for more mishaps, misunderstandings, and battles.
Hoorah!!!
Spoiler
dat last page.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics