Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Would you rather?

• Please log in to reply
5799 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
As it’s a visit, forwards. Had it been a permanent stay I’d have said backwards.

Would you rather read ‘The Invisible Man’ or ‘Gulliver’s Travels’?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Gulliver's travels. It gets referenced and re-envisioned often enough that knowing what the original was like would prove an interesting comparison (same way I felt about reading Dracula, though that was assigned reading somehow in high school). Also I hear the original is snarky political satire, and antiquated satire is often fascinating.

Plus honestly the invisible man doesn't sound like my.cup of tea really anyway.

Hana or dango? (That is to say, would you rather have practicality or appearance in something?)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

assigned reading

This was the reason I asked the question in the first place. Reading the same thing gets boring after a while :/ and the invisible man is a tragedy apart from being boring. The MC even had a cool name.

Practicality is always first. I can cover up for appearances later.

Gakuran vs. Blazer?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Gakuran all the way. Because buttons!

Would you rather speak in memes or in riddles?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Memes because I already do it anyway...(well, that sure fit in with my character setting)

Would you rather laugh like a madman or grin stupidly?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

there's no practical difference.

wyr be a rockstar or an idol/whatever they call those in boybands.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

An idol. More money, more fame, more love. Oh yeah, and more respect. I guess the only downside is your *star time* is severely age limited.

Would you rather be restless or listless?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Restless, unless I get an Ohta-kun with my listlessness. Sorry if I'm making references that people may not get

Assuming habitats supporting human life could be constructed on either, would you rather live on (or possibly in the clouds of, given the pressure issues) Venus, or on Mars?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
On Mars, because I feel like Venus is too hot to handle (and also smelly because of large quantities of sulphur based material)

4489 or 1156?

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
Idk what these numbers mean or expect of me but I'm picking the first one.

WYR bathe and soak in your own pee for 30 minutes or be stuck in a bathroom stall with someone having explosive diarrhea for 15 minutes?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Aaah, right, there were people who asked these sorts of questions...

The latter. I can't imagine what sort of scenario you're envisioning for the former, but the latter situation is, at worst, somewhat embarrassing for both parties, and one can get through relatively unscathed by handling the matter with a certain amount of tact and dignity.

Would you rather walk, or run, in pure terms of effort expended vs. time consumed?

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Depends on the distance, my current state of (in)activity, and how fast I need to get where I need to. Some miscellaneous factors that could come into play include whether I'm carrying say my bag with me, how many onlookers there are, and what time of the day it is.. As rule of thumb, I find myself comfortable jogging up to 3km (5km will make me really tired); so I'd say brisk walking is a good compromise, and I think I can sustain it for a decent amount of time without attracting too much attention.

Would you rather live deep inside a forest or somewhere around a secluded mountain range (assuming that the wild animals at either of the places aren't a threat to your life)?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Deep in the forest. I like trees, and the things that live in them. <3

Would you rather design and build your own house or pick one out, assuming resources were not a problem?

Edited by pokari, 03 March 2018 - 05:15 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

I would pick one out and then modify it a bit according to my preferences. I guess I don't really want much in a house, just should be neat, clean and spacious. Maybe put up some Escher works. The 'resources' I would just hoard, partly in the bank and partly under my bed.

Idk what these numbers mean or expect of me but I'm picking the first one.

They're perfect squares, and I chose them just because I didn't have any better ideas. Thought it might be mildly amusing/annoying. 4489 = 672, for your pick.

Would you rather read the papers or watch the news? (Assuming you can only do one)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Read the papers. My brains feel like they're melting out my ears when I watch the news, because, for instance, whenever there's a sentence I want to stop and think about what it actually means (like when a statistic gets thrown out) the news doesn't pause and wait for me.

(...Except maybe there's more to it than that because I can listen to news on the radio just fine. Maybe TV news these days is just brain-melting by nature?)

If you had a friend with an alternate persona (in some way disguised), would your natural inclination be to address them as the same person or to play along?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

(This is a good one, I should take my time with my own wyrs)

I'd be inclined to address them as the same person. Probably because identity doesn't really change personality. I would, of course, play along if the person or the situation demanded it.

Would you spend time with someone who is 100% honest all the time, or with someone who tells white lies to avoid potential conflicts?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

(I sort of cheated on that last one because it was born from a thought that occurred to me as I was trying to decide how to address TenderRain/sjoe in LPW. And then was like "that would make a good WRY," and headed over here.)

I'm fine with both, so long as they're nice people. I would say I feel more comfortable around 100% honest (-appearing) people, as someone who has enough difficulties with human interaction as it is—that is, until they're honest about something that makes me uncomfortable. Which is the basic conundrum, right?

...I don't know, I'm sorry o.o;;

Would you rather be born an elf or a dwarf, assuming roughly the standard fantasy/Tolkien-esque envisioning of either?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I guess I’d want to be an elf, because Legolas is really cool? (I should read LOTR again soon, been a while)

If I told you to look at this post’s post number, would you be mildy entertained or mildly annoyed?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Bemused and/or curious, actually. Of the two, I suppose that's more like being entertained.

Would you rather live longer, but sleep for more of it, or stay awake for more hours of your life, but live shorter? (Something I always think about when hearing sleep-studies' conclusions on sleep/lifespan relations)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Live longer and sleep, but are these choices really all that different? Wouldn't you sleep more anyway if you lived longer?

Would you rather have your brain go into relaxation or overdrive?