Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Does the Next Gen Start with the Wii U?

Game Wii U

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Wii U the start of the Next Gen? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Does the Next Generation Start with the Wii U?

1. Yes (6 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. No (13 votes [68.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Like i said, Nintendo will market the hell out the Wii U, when the other consoles come out. People don't seem to get this. I'm it's genious. You have an install base AND then all of a sudden you are going to market? Plus Wii U will have it's "growing in" problems in the past, you know, toddler pains of a console, AND a lot of games allready.

Seeing how promising the games are as of now, it's looking good. If you look up "Nintendo Direct" 23.01.2013, you'll see how many games are coming out. HD ZELDA :D! Sure,  a remake, but still! And a new X game!! :D

But anyway, i hope you'll try the console in the future! You'll be suprised. Like i was.

That is actually a pretty smart move on Nintendo's part once you think about it. The further on in the marketing of their brand new console, any problems or glitches can be discovered and further improved for commercial base. Once they know that the console's running system is nearly impoverished, the more likely it will sell in the market. The further they wait it out to start marketing ideas for the Wii U, the larger the shadow they will cast on future consoles in the making.

If you couldn't tell, I am a bit too young to go out and even buy a Wii U, otherwise I would have already easily (I find buying Nintendo consoles worthwhile simply because they create games that I normally enjoy the most)

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Yes defending a console is being a fanboy. Why would you defend it ? And you even say "we are on the defensive". who is this we if you're not a fanboy ? To be clear, to me fanboy = fan. You say it has awesome games right now : name them because I'd like to know what games are exclusive to the Wii U and awesome right now.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

That is actually a pretty smart move on Nintendo's part once you think about it. The further on in the marketing of their brand new console, any problems or glitches can be discovered and further improved for commercial base. Once they know that the console's running system is nearly impoverished, the more likely it will sell in the market. The further they wait it out to start marketing ideas for the Wii U, the larger the shadow they will cast on future consoles in the making.

If you couldn't tell, I am a bit too young to go out and even buy a Wii U, otherwise I would have already easily (I find buying Nintendo consoles worthwhile simply because they create games that I normally enjoy the most)

Yeah i know. Thats partly, why i usually "attack" people, who say "i don't even know anyone, who has a Wii U" people. I mean i could say "I don't know anyone, who has a Vita", but i don't. Why should i? Ppls should think further. People don't understand that competition brings better games.

Would be fun, if when PS4 and 720 come out there would be tight competion and a difference of single digit millions. Meaning 1-9 million units between them and every "hardcore" exclusive that comes out would shift the balance. It would be like WW1 of consoles. AND better games for us poor people. AND crappy companies like EA couldnt dominate and say what they want in the gaming industry.

People should also give some credit for Nintendo. They took a stance against EA, because it didn't fit Nintendos vision(google Nintendo, EA, orgins debacle). Sony and Microsft should stop kissing asses too like that. 

Yes defending a console is being a fanboy. Why would you defend it ? And you even say "we are on the defensive". who is this we if you're not a fanboy ? To be clear, to me fanboy = fan. You say it has awesome games right now : name them because I'd like to know what games are exclusive to the Wii U and awesome right now.

Yeah? But you are a fanboy too, if you have such negative feelings towards the Wii U?

Fanboy is a person, who attacks anything that is related to stuff that is against his "preference". You know? Fans are just fans, but fanboy troll other people, by saying stuff like "Sony sucks", "Nintendo sucks" or "Microsoft sucks". Just to fuel their confidence. Have i ever said that Sony or Microsft sucks? No. Have i been critical of them? Yes. I mean i'm even tempted to buy PS3 now that Xillia is coming out...

Btw i hate Third party exclusivity, Rol. Why the hell third parties do exclusives. What's the point. Are they tired of money or something? First Party is one thing, but 3rd party...

And Exclusive Wii U game? Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. 'nuff said.

Posted Image

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Btw i hate Third party exclusivity, Rol. Why the hell third parties do exclusives. What's the point. Are they tired of money or something? First Party is one thing, but 3rd party...

I'm not sure I understand this sentence. Do you mean third parties as companies that aren't affiliated with Microsoft or Sony ? I asked myself the same question, and the company must give them a huge check to compensate the loss of all the other console players. Or maybe they sign something, a contract that says that they will finance (don't know if this is the right word) the company if they do that. But yes anyway I don't see the points of developing an exclusive game for a console if you're not the company that owns the console u_u'

Haha no, not 'nuff said ^^ I'll never buy a console just because it has one awesome game. Even if this awesome game is Monster Hunter.

Also I don't think competition will bring better games. What you say makes sense, but don't forget that  the game that sold the best in the history of video games was... Call of Duty :/ So competition will not bring better games, it will bring games that sell well, and that's not the same thing. Less competition might be better because it gives the developers more freedom in what they want to do, they're less tressed out.

And to me you're a bit ( I just said a bit, don't bite me ) of a fanboy because you don't seems to see the flaws of the Wii U.

Anyway, I never understood all this console war. I have an Xbox and I never felt like I should defend it. But now I play on PC and it really beats the Xbox and the PS3 :D That's where the Wii U is different, a PC can't replace a Wii U since the gameplay is different. Good Wii emulators exist though, but still it's a plus. Because, when you think about it, why buy a console when all it have can be had with a pc ? At least the Wii U has something that differentiate it from the PC.

I mean i'm even tempted to buy PS3 now that Xillia is coming out.

Hmm never played a Tales of, they seems really praised by people though. I liked the Tales of the Abyss anime, maybe I'd like the game. But I don't have any money right now :s

Just a question since I'm thinking about buying a 3DS in the next months : it does have a retro compatibility (not sure if this word is used in english but you'll understand) with the DS right ? The question might seem stupid but I would feel stupid to buy it and to see that I can't play DS games -_-'

Edited by Rol, 31 March 2013 - 08:59 PM.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Yeah? But you are a fanboy too, if you have such negative feelings towards the Wii U?

Fanboy is a person, who attacks anything that is related to stuff that is against his "preference". You know? Fans are just fans, but fanboy troll other people, by saying stuff like "Sony sucks", "Nintendo sucks" or "Microsoft sucks". Just to fuel their confidence. Have i ever said that Sony or Microsft sucks? No. Have i been critical of them? Yes. I mean i'm even tempted to buy PS3 now that Xillia is coming out...

I think both you and Rol are being a bit of fanboys... I only say that because although though both of your sides make a valid point - you are ignoring each others reasons and whatnot. You are not taking a look at both sides and imagining why the other side thinks this way and that... Making both of your arguments missing some key information and points. (Not that I'm completely impartial either but still)

Not everyone will buy a console just because of one certain game

When you logically think about this point it's true. Unless your pockets are overflowing with money, not everyone will go out and purchase a console for simply the enjoyment of one single game. Although, if that game is popular enough it may even bring a good amount of hype to the actual console, making consumers look at the console and other games to consider it's purchase

Edited by oceana, 31 March 2013 - 10:16 PM.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

And of what console am I a fanboy exactly ? ^^ And if you read what we said since the beginning, I never ignored anything he said to me and even agreed with him on some points.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

And of what console am I a fanboy exactly ? ^^ And if you read what we said since the beginning, I never ignored anything he said to me and even agreed with him on some points.

As a fanboy, you don't need to just like something (like a console in this case)... It can also be when someone is completely against something (or anything along the lines)

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

And am I completely against the Wii U ?

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

I think both you and Rol are being a bit of fanboys... I only say that because although though both of your sides make a valid point - you are ignoring each others reasons and whatnot. You are not taking a look at both sides and imagining why the other side thinks this way and that... Making both of your arguments missing some key information and points. (Not that I'm completely impartial either but still)

When you logically think about this point it's true. Unless your pockets are overflowing with money, not everyone will go out and purchase a console for simply the enjoyment of one single game. Although, if that game is popular enough it may even bring a good amount of hype to the actual console, making consumers look at the console and other games to consider it's purchase

Calling someone a "fanboy" for defending is by definition weird. I have never heard of someone being grazy fanboy for defending set thing. It's like saying you're the attacker, eventhough you are just defending.

And am I completely against the Wii U ?

Yes. If you are so negative against the gamepad, which is the main feature; you pretty much are against the console.

Posted Image

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Yes. If you are so negative against the gamepad, which is the main feature; you pretty much are against the console.

Then you didn't even read what I said since the beginning... I just said the gamepad seemed weird, and the idea of playing with friends and being the only one with a gamepad seemed weird. SEEMED. I didn't play it, how could I be against it ? What I also said is that I prefer the keyboard/mouse or controller gameplay than, for example, the Wii gameplay. I THINK I'll prefer it to the Wii U gameplay, but I didn't play it so I cannot be sure. And I didn't say it was bad I said I, and I'm only talking about MYSELF, am not sure I'd like to play with a big ass controller.

So, to be clear : I'm not, and can't be, against it since I did not play it, but if I bought it I'd have big apprehensions about the controller, and it's normal since it's new.

So, since you don't even listen/read to  what I say there's not really any point in posting here -__-

And you didn't even react to my big post I'm sad :'(

Edited by Rol, 01 April 2013 - 01:54 PM.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Calling someone a "fanboy" for defending is by definition weird. I have never heard of someone being grazy fanboy for defending set thing. It's like saying you're the attacker, eventhough you are just defending.

Hrm, I don't really know how to put it into words really.

I guess an example of that would be having two different groups for a character. One of the groups completely fantasizes over the character - which is how most people recognize of being a fan of (fanboy). While the other group is solely made to disliking that character - which means that they are are "fan" of that idea.

Being a fanboy, idealistically, doesn't mean that you are a fan of something that exists solely in real life (like a game or console in this case), it can also be that you are a fan of an idea whether or not it is positive or negative (in this event, not liking or favoring something)

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

So you say you could be a fanboy of hating Nintendo ? That seems weird... But I get the idea ^^ It's just that the term fanboy doesn't seem appropriate.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

So you say you could be a fanboy of hating Nintendo ? That seems weird... But I get the idea ^^ It's just that the term fanboy doesn't seem appropriate.

Yeah that's kinda what I meant. Fanboy definitively isn't the right term for it though (I can't seem to remember what it is called...)