Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Star Wars ep7...I kid you not

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
Pixar remakes this.
Posted Image
would you watch it?
Spoiler

Catbug

Catbug

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationBear Island, the seat of House Mormont.
No,LOL
"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
Posted ImagePosted Image

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

Disney bought Lucas Films and are planning to make Star Wars ep 7...GODDAMNIT!!!!!
http://sourcefednews.com/breaking-disney-buys-lucasfilm-star-wars-ep-7-in-2015/

I'm more concerned with the Indiana Jones series as...Lucas Films also owns that

Regarding Indi, LucasFilm may have the rights, but Paramount is involved in the deal somehow (can't remember how exactly right now...), so Disney wouldn't be the sole decideur.

As for Star Wars, we will need a LOT of luck. Disney has made some nice live-action movies (The Avengers or the first Pirate of the Caribbean). But it's Star Wars god d****t... So let's begin praying right now that in 2019 we won't watch the prequel with longing...

Hav0k

Hav0k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationNaboo
I know about this yet I haven't whined AT ALL. I am neutral as a matter of fact. Somehow, I'd like to see what Disney does.
Posted Image

Long Live CTI

SteveoTheBeveo

SteveoTheBeveo

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that you don't know...
Okay three things come to my mind when I heard about this.

1) George Lucas is no longer in control of ANY of the Star Wars franchise. Remember, he had complete control over Episode I-III which all ROYALLY sucked. (III was okayish, but unfortunately the first two did more than enough damage to the franchise.) More importanly, no one seems to remember THIS back in'78. I mean, COME ON .http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/15087-swchr

George Lucas had ruined Star Wars long time fanbase, and handing it over to Disney so they hav shot is better than just leaving it to rote in its mess. Having him only as a supervisor is fine, but let Star Wars be handled by others. PLEASE. The original trilogy hardly was directed by Lucas at all and they are the most easily remembered and well-known for a number of reasons.

2) I think that Kingdom Hearts III will have Star Wars characters in it. If they actually show Darth Vader in it, my day will be made. But if they introduce Marvel and Star Wars in a crossover, my mind will be blown to pieces.

3) Guys, Disney is not just kid friendly remember, they made the Avengers this year and that was easily one of the best movies this year. I think that you are overacting to this really.

HOWEVER, if Disney HAS THE BALLS to make a Saturday morning cartoon of young Jedi children going on a mythic adventures. I will personally BURN The Magic Castle TO THE F**KING GROUND!
Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Guys, Disney is not just kid friendly remember, they made the Avengers this year and that was easily one of the best movies this year. I think that you are overacting to this really.

HOWEVER, if Disney HAS THE BALLS to make a Saturday morning cartoon of young Jedi children going on a mythic adventures. I will personally BURN The Magic Castle TO THE F**KING GROUND!

So, you're telling me my dream of a Jedi Micky isn't going to happen? bummer. and i though the young Jedi children cartoon had already happened........:D

Posted Image

Edited by svines85, 09 November 2012 - 03:30 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts
Aaah this reminds me of south park, the episode where indiana Jones gets raped and everyone just stands by and does nothing.. Now it's Star Wars Turn T_T

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
I'm neutral on this topic but I'm pretty sure the movie will suck. It didnt really surprise me that Disney bought Lucasfilms after taking over marvel I feel like they are trying to secure companies that own movies that can make profits and sequels.

So if they spent billions of dollars on getting star wars they have to have some kind of plan to try to make the next installment of Star Wars the best.

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
I'll wait to see it before judging anything. :)

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

I'm neutral on this topic but I'm pretty sure the movie will suck. It didnt really surprise me that Disney bought Lucasfilms after taking over marvel I feel like they are trying to secure companies that own movies that can make profits and sequels.

So if they spent billions of dollars on getting star wars they have to have some kind of plan to try to make the next installment of Star Wars the best.

The best? no. The most bankable and most marketable? yes. It's very different imo... The best being more mature or dark movie, kind of like the Batman reboot by Nolan, the most bankable being family friendly, colourful with lots of characters like Jar-Jar the kids will want for Christmas...

chriftopher

chriftopher

Potato

• Members
  • 154 posts
I am enjoying the animated series it is entertaining. But the thing is with the story kind of finished it can be dismissed if it is a fail and accepted if it is awesome. I love starwars for it victories and fails, Disney don't screw it up.

Yer get pixar behind it.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57565991-235/disney-confirms-j.j-abrams-to-direct-next-star-wars/

So, the man in-charge of the current Star Trek films will now direct the Star Wars franchise. Interesting, think of a Borg Jar Jar or Federation starships fighting the Deathstar. Possibilities.... :D (Of course that's never gonna happen)

Edited by seyrine, 27 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Krazoa

Krazoa

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationTrophaeum Tower
I know J.J Abrams did the did a decent job with Star trek. I know that when marvel handed over a super hyped movie to a man who had mostly been a writer in the film world, it did pretty well but, and this is massive but, They're giving Episode 7 to a man that thought it would be okay to put Tyler fucking Perry in a star trek movie. If this were my planet, Abrams would be in jail, Disney you are more forgiving than me.

One to change it, One to write a poem about it, One to cry and whine about how they miss the old One

Samhill

Samhill

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

3) Guys, Disney is not just kid friendly remember, they made the Avengers this year and that was easily one of the best movies this year. I think that you are overacting to this really.

Joss Whedon had a bigger hand in making it awesome than Disney.

I know J.J Abrams did the did a decent job with Star trek. I know that when marvel handed over a super hyped movie to a man who had mostly been a writer in the film world, it did pretty well but, and this is massive but, They're giving Episode 7 to a man that thought it would be okay to put Tyler fucking Perry in a star trek movie. If this were my planet, Abrams would be in jail, Disney you are more forgiving than me.

I think he did a terrible job with Star Trek and will completely FUBAR Star Wars.

Edited by Samhill, 03 February 2013 - 01:37 AM.

"So round, so firm, so fully packed." - Daffy Duck, not talking about what you probably think he's talking about.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

Pixar remakes this.
Posted Imagewould you watch it?

I'll gladly watch any Pixar movie, they can do no wrong - period.

...if Disney HAS THE BALLS to make a Saturday morning cartoon of young Jedi children going on a mythic adventures. I will personally BURN The Magic Castle TO THE F**KING GROUND!

They already have a game that does just that, The Old Republic. A SMC would just be the logical choice. =D

It didnt really surprise me that Disney bought Lucasfilms after taking over marvel I feel like they are trying to secure companies that own movies that can make profits and sequels.

Actually, from what I heard, Marvel was bought so that Disney could start pulling in male viewers. They already have 'enough money' and would rather lose the 'girl only' image they have atm. The Lucas purchase could be an extension of that plan.

What's wrong with Tyler Perry being in a Star Trek movie?

I'm glad Disney did what they did. Star Wars needs a serious reboot and anyone who thinks otherwise can go back to watching Adam West as Batman.

I'm just curious about the direction of the new trilogy. Will the continue with Luke & Co.? Or maybe their children? Here's a crack thought; as old as the original actors are, they could be in the new trilogy as grandparents! =D

My guess is, they do 7-9 with the kids, RM 1-3 with new actors as the grandparents and finally 4-6 (again with new actors as Luke & Co.) That way there's no overlap and no real need to worry the ages and looks. The relevant characters will get nods and mentions but no CGI or masks will be wasted on trying to make young people look old. After that they can make another three trilogies about the Old Republic! >D

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo
Considering Diney's finances and J. J. Abrams who seems pretty decent to me , also considering him being a great star wars fan since childhood, they might be able to just pull it off.

Off-topic:
Link to see which saber style would fit u: http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/SothaSyl/which-lightsaber-form-would-you-use/
:)
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
Well, it can't be worse than the new trilogy... right?

5B4rd3Q.gif

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Well, it can't be worse than the new trilogy... right?

I wouldn't bet on that...

Posted Image
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

I wouldn't bet on that...

Posted Image

WHAT!? THAT MOVIE is LEGENDARY!

Star Wars episode 7:The erotic adventures of jar-jar binks, anyone?

Edited by Mr.Late, 16 March 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Posted Image

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Unfortunately I saw part of it, it would have been waay better as an erotic movie  <_< . Here is a taste of this movie delicatessen, you can feel its awesomeness invading every cell of your brain.

Spoiler