Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Things you probably didn't notice!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
846 replies to this topic

SeYc

SeYc

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationPost Apocalyptic Wasteland
xDDD
Maybe her flames burned them in a outburst of lust (horny Yihwha)

VrCYCW8.png

mxyzplk

mxyzplk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

baam used the freeze before he learned about shinsoo
for that see chapter 22 (crown game)
when they decide to attack baam the bullet stops and also the guy with the compression weapon
it was discussed, that the different attackers got in their way
but in the picture (baam middle bottom, koon on the right and the compression weapon guy on the left) u can still see the bullet like hitting a wall
also this effect maybe originated from black march

I didnt payed attention to the "Black March frame" until now too, but it seems that in the frame before, some energy is flowing through the tip of Blach March. But it still can be Baam's Power channelized.

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts
1. Baam doesn't need a pocket to communicate with Headon.
I can think of three possibilities: a) Headon (or all Guardians) has a built-in translation function, i.e., he can translate the same way pockets do b) Headon knew which language Baam speaks (and thus knew about Baam before he entered the Tower), or c) SIU didn't think too much about it.
I'm leaning towards a)

2. Baam covers the Black March's hilt with his scarf offscreen, most likely on Koon's advice.
Spoiler

3. There is this panel in the Crown Game where you can see Levin using Laure's pillow to rest his arms/gun and there is a sketch in the corner of Laure crying.
Spoiler

4. After Koon questions Androssi about why she let Baam go and meet Rachel, she wishes she had ordered steel eel. Back when she was injured and Baam went to befriend her, he brought steel eel.
Spoiler

Risay117

Risay117

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

There's been a thread about this, but some of you may have missed it. In every (I think) instance of Yihwa and Viole being alone together, Yihwha has started out with tights, and then they disappear as Viole leaves. We thought this was author error, but it happens too much...
Here's some pics:

Spoiler

Viole, you dog!

I do not know, but is the person who colors the pics separate from SIU.

I feel like this may actually really be a joke by SIU.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

3. There is this panel in the Crown Game where you can see Levin using Laure's pillow to rest his arms/gun and there is a sketch in the corner of Laure crying.

Spoiler

Ah! I never noticed that!

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.
Someone noticed the red weird shaped symbol in the white overcoat of Augusgus in the chapter 22 of season 2? I guess he is from 10 Great Families. I don't know. Or that is just one way to show the pocket of his cloth or that is the symbol of one Great Family. But we know he likes red color... Who really know?

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus
While I can't say that he isn't, I think that's just the outline to an outside coat pocket. Here are the 10 Great Family symbols:

Posted Image

The closet thing to that would be the red one above, but I doubt it greatly.

Edited by Xagnam, 12 October 2012 - 10:12 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

While I can't say that he isn't, I think that's just the outline to an outside coat pocket. Here are the 10 Great Family symbols:

The closet thing to that would be the red one above, but I doubt it greatly.

Yeah, that is what I mean. I'm not sure if SIU just wanted to simplify things or that is just outline to an coat pocket. I'm just wary with this. You never know with SIU.
Probably Augusgus is low level if he got only that drawing... And more complex the symbol is, more important the person is in that Great Family. Who really know.

Alsab

Alsab

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
In CH 10 Koon's bandana still has a symbol on it. It disappears in ch 11-12 then reappears suddenly at the end of the test in ch 13. This probably happens again sometime

There is a pikachu sihlouhette in the top left corner here
Posted Image

Edited by Alsab, 13 October 2012 - 02:31 PM.

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCashin a keg of Natty Ice with Fratmaster Urek "The Man"zino
My favorite minor thing is SIU's nod to the Chinese historical work "Romance of the Three Kingdoms." I forget what chapter, but where Baam vows to climb the tower with Rachel and enlists Rak's and Koon's help, the background turns to a peach garden and their glasses turn into bowls of wine.

Then in the next panel Koon mutters something about "the background turned weird for a second," something like that. I enjoyed that little gag because I'd read the novel not too long before starting ToG, so it was fun to see a reference pop up.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia article about the Peach Garden Oath.

"Koichi really steals! No dignity!" - Jusuke Josder

Dresos

Dresos

Potato

• Members
  • 150 posts

My favorite minor thing is SIU's nod to the Chinese historical work "Romance of the Three Kingdoms." I forget what chapter, but where Baam vows to climb the tower with Rachel and enlists Rak's and Koon's help, the background turns to a peach garden and their glasses turn into bowls of wine.

Then in the next panel Koon mutters something about "the background turned weird for a second," something like that. I enjoyed that little gag because I'd read the novel not too long before starting ToG, so it was fun to see a reference pop up.

So... do you think this mean that they are doomed to die, without ever fullfilling their goals?

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts

So... do you think this mean that they are doomed to die, without ever fullfilling their goals?

You know what, I never even took the reference that far. I stopped after thinking "What a cool way to emphasize the brotherhood of these three." You're right though, if one takes it as a prediction, they'll eventually die separately from one another in depressing ways, and go on to inspire a duo of John Woo films and roughly 25 Dynasty Warriors games.

Heretical_Tarp

Heretical_Tarp

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationReverse Ocean

You know what, I never even took the reference that far. I stopped after thinking "What a cool way to emphasize the brotherhood of these three." You're right though, if one takes it as a prediction, they'll eventually die separately from one another in depressing ways, and go on to inspire a duo of John Woo films and roughly 25 Dynasty Warriors games.

I would actually really, really love that.
Posted Image

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

This is one reason why I've been very cool when people have looked forward to everybody reuniting. :) I took it as a bit of a warning, as well. They might meet up a little like ships passing in the night without realising it, but, no good may come of it. -_-

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts

This is one reason why I've been very cool when people have looked forward to everybody reuniting. :) I took it as a bit of a warning, as well. They might meet up a little like ships passing in the night without realising it, but, no good may come of it. -_-

At the very least, I doubt Androssi and Anak would recognize Wangnan's claim to the throne. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if some party goes all-out to prevent these groups from meeting, whether it's FUG, Zahard, whoever, and the ships passing become Titanic re-enactments.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

At the very least, I doubt Androssi and Anak would recognize Wangnan's claim to the throne. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if some party goes all-out to prevent these groups from meeting, whether it's FUG, Zahard, whoever, and the ships passing become Titanic re-enactments.

Heck, each of the groups brings their own icebergs with them: Anak... anybody who's in RED. Rachel... being just... Rachel. Wangnan and... whatever is haunting him (call me crazy, but... he's hiding something bigger than the obvious). Agero and his darling, ever-beloved Family. Miseng and Goseng have a tale behind them: it might have some bite, I don't know. <shrugs> Both Teddy and Akraptor have... very definite dangers with them. And last but not least... whatever Baam actually is might be a major fly in any ointment... including FUG's. :P

We're packing potential glaciers, here. <_< And, heck... this is very Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Self-inflicted problems (and/or mishandling of native issues so they become such) are a major theme.

Edited by Euodiachloris, 14 October 2012 - 07:31 PM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Fearless

Fearless

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEngland

Heck, each of the groups brings their own icebergs with them: Anak... anybody who's in RED. Rachel... being just... Rachel. Wangnan and... whatever is haunting him (call me crazy, but... he's hiding something bigger than the obvious). Agero and his darling, ever-beloved Family. Miseng and Goseng have a tale behind them: it might have some bite, I don't know. <shrugs> Both Teddy and Akraptor have... very definite dangers with them. And last but not least... whatever Baam actually is might be a major fly in any ointment... including FUG's. :P

We're packing potential glaciers, here. <_< And, heck... this is very Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Self-inflicted problems (and/or mishandling of native issues so they become such) are a major theme.

I'm sure Yihwa will bring problems such as her family who don't like her fraternizing with a Fug slayer.

"I wonder if the full stop key on your keyboard is broken." ~ A friend of mine
“Who am I? Well I’m just a passing traveller.” ~ Passing traveller

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts

Yes, you know you have a dangerous group of individuals when Rak is probably the most normal one among you. I always figured that Akraptor and Teddy had something in their past, or perhaps pursuing them, when they were casually talking in the bath, and simply accepted that becoming an enemy of Zahard by teaming up with Viole "doesn't sound so bad," which could mean "doesn't sound so bad in comparison to what we are already facing/running from." Not to mention that Romance of the Three Kingdoms is, on the surface at least, the story of a doomed rebellion. I sincerely hope that SIU isn't setting up for an end that gloomy. Hell, at this point I have grown so attached to some of the characters that I wouldn't even want to see Romance-style heroic sacrifices, or worse yet, an "erryone dies" ending like Water Margin, another classic text. But with the volatility of many of the characters, as you point out, well, there are bound to be at least some disasters.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I'm sure Yihwa will bring problems such as her family who don't like her fraternizing with a Fug slayer.

Well, yes: not to mention her power-incontinence. Even if it is usually played as comedy, it has a wonderful chance to blow up in everybody's faces at the worst possible time, too. :P

Hell, at this point I have grown so attached to some of the characters that I wouldn't even want to see Romance-style heroic sacrifices, or worse yet, an "erryone dies" ending like Water Margin, another classic text. But with the volatility of many of the characters, as you point out, well, there are bound to be at least some disasters.

Well, if we're really lucky, all we'll get is A Tale of Genji, rather: troubles and tragedies happen, but... in the end, the prince keeps shining (even if a little battered around the edges). Heck, quite a few people in this forum would kind of like that, what with all the shipping. :lol:

Wangnan would certainly like to be Genji. :D

Edited by Euodiachloris, 14 October 2012 - 08:27 PM.

PlotCap.png

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts

Well, if we're really lucky, all we'll get is A Tale of Genji, rather: troubles and tragedies happen, but... in the end, the prince keeps shining (even if a little battered around the edges). Heck, quite a few people in this forum would kind of like that, what with all the shipping. :lol:

Wangnan would certainly like to be Genji. :D

Wangnan would make a great Genji, not even debt collectors and the threat of organ removal can stop his shine. Now all he needs is a harem...perhaps the title "prince of the red light district" is not an explanation of his orgins, but in fact, a hint about his future!