Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Things you probably didn't notice!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
846 replies to this topic

Fearless

Fearless

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEngland

Well, yes: not to mention her power-incontinence. Even if it is usually played as comedy, it has a wonderful chance to blow up in everybody's faces at the worst possible time, too. :P

Yes I can just imagine her having a very important role and she fails.
On that note for those who are more accomplished with the art of story telling, could make a short fiction out of that.

"I wonder if the full stop key on your keyboard is broken." ~ A friend of mine
“Who am I? Well I’m just a passing traveller.” ~ Passing traveller

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts

Supposedly no one is supposed to know one another from before during testing on 2F. There are 2 exceptions: Rachel and Baam. And Androssi and Ankryung.

I read a post by God of Lol saying that this was a mistranslation. Androssi did not know Akryung from before. Maybe some korean speaker could clarify this to us?

Androssi could have won the Crown Game for her team by taking the Crown at the end. We think we know why Rachel didn't and Ankryung was working for her because of Headon, but why didn't Androssi? Also, people forget that it was Rachel talking to her while the three of them were waiting to enter the Crown Game, asking her "Entertained?" Unlike any other Regular, the three of them all wear similar brown cloaks.

Well, I guess that Anak was the reason for this. Even though won't admit it to her...

Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 546 posts
androssi admitted in one chapter that the reason she didnt took the crown was because she wanted to climb together with a certain someone (anak obviously)

“Excellent. I know your heart now. You are mine.”

http://www.phyrexia.com/continuity/Yawgmoth.shtml

league of legend friend referral:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c0fc60dcbae2

tog on naver in english:

http://m.comic.naver.com/en/list.html?titleId=183559

Remon

Remon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

I read a post by God of Lol saying that this was a mistranslation. Androssi did not know Akryung from before. Maybe some korean speaker could clarify this to us?

Well, I guess that Anak was the reason for this. Even though won't admit it to her...

Well I do not speak korean... But you are right. I believe the correct translation was that Akryung and Rachel seemed to have known each other before quant's special test began.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
The calculations from the latest translation of The Company intrigued me and I decided to do some of my own, but just now did I find enough time to do so. Basically, I never doubted the numbers SIU introduced to the story, but when I saw them presented all nice and tidy by The Company, something picked my interest. If we take the minimum number of Regulars, which is approximately 5x10^11(500x10^9-10^5(Rankers)) and try to figure how much time would it take to become regulars (i.e. passing 2F), we see something ridiculous. If we divide the number of regulars by the number of people passing successfully 2F, approximately 15, we get that the 2F must have been completed 33 billion times (3.3*10^10). If it takes around 7 days at least to do that, then the Regular-Irregular system must be in place for 4.7 billion weeks. If we assume there are 13 months in a year and 4 weeks in each month, then that time interval converts to 90 million years. Damn, Jahad is old.

Now if we assume that SIU meant all the people given access to the Inner Tower (even those that do not pass the deathmatch at 2F), then we simply have to increase the number of people at 2F from 15 to 800 - two testing areas of 400 people each. In this case we reach the following time period since the Regular-Irregular system was established: 1.7 million years. Definitely not that old.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Now if we assume that SIU meant all the people given access to the Inner Tower (even those that do not pass the deathmatch at 2F), then we simply have to increase the number of people at 2F from 15 to 800 - two testing areas of 400 people each. In this case we reach the following time period since the Regular-Irregular system was established: 1.7 million years. Definitely not that old.

That seems more like it. :) And.. uh.... "not that old"?!? :huh: Who are you kidding, mate! :o That's, like, a Time Abyss of major proportions! :lol:

Wait a tick... as Grimm mentioned here... that's not a lot of outsiders coming in over that time period. Something's off. Way off. <_< There really should be a lot more Irregulars wandering the Tower than we have got. :mellow: Where are they? Headon can't kill 99% of them all the time, surely? :huh:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 15 October 2012 - 05:58 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Dresos

Dresos

Potato

• Members
  • 150 posts

The calculations from the latest translation of The Company intrigued me and I decided to do some of my own, but just now did I find enough time to do so. Basically, I never doubted the numbers SIU introduced to the story, but when I saw them presented all nice and tidy by The Company, something picked my interest. If we take the minimum number of Regulars, which is approximately 5x10^11(500x10^9-10^5(Rankers)) and try to figure how much time would it take to become regulars (i.e. passing 2F), we see something ridiculous. If we divide the number of regulars by the number of people passing successfully 2F, approximately 15, we get that the 2F must have been completed 33 billion times (3.3*10^10). If it takes around 7 days at least to do that, then the Regular-Irregular system must be in place for 4.7 billion weeks. If we assume there are 13 months in a year and 4 weeks in each month, then that time interval converts to 90 million years. Damn, Jahad is old.

Didn't they say that there were several districts of the second floor (2F)?

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Well, each floor is about the size of a continent, and there are 134 (known) so thats a lot of people to account for.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

lactea

lactea

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNovosibirsk, Russia

If we divide the number of regulars by the number of people passing successfully 2F, approximately 15, we get that the 2F must have been completed 33 billion times (3.3*10^10). If it takes around 7 days at least to do that, then the Regular-Irregular system must be in place for 4.7 billion weeks. If we assume there are 13 months in a year and 4 weeks in each month, then that time interval converts to 90 million years. Damn, Jahad is old.

WTF? 33 billion * 1week = 33 billion weeks.

If you want to divide by smth divide by number of test areas. There may be few.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Yeah I agree. I think they are several districts probably because otherwise the numbers are just too weird. Also the test took more than a week. It took like 1 and a half month. I think maybe there are several testing site. It can be that there are several tests going on around the same time at the 2nd floor. Either way the numbers are just too big.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts
Actually I was doing the measurement and they have something wrong. In the chapter it specifically said 2 out of 10 million people makes it in, not 1 to 2 people out of 10 million. So 2 out of 10 million seems to be the average or the norm. That means 1 out of 5 million people makes it as a ranker. That means about 5 trillion regular/irregular took the exams on the tower. Out of them most died on the 2nd floor. So the chance of becoming a ranker is 1 out of 5 million or 0.0000002 and the chance of becoming a high ranker is 1 out of 500 million or 0.000000002.

Now one thing that I am unsure is how many people enter the tower to take the exams each year. That part is unclear. Its because Lerolo said he has multiple test districts which makes it hard to decide how many test districts are out there. Because it seems there are 2 test districts and 800 people but its weird that the conversation Lerorlo had with Baam seem to imply he had several test districts now if that is the case there are more than 800 people and it would make sense more with the numbers.

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
In the Untrustworthy Room arc, only one of the 22 Regulars is never shown close enough to identify. He(?) can be seen behind the rightmost Da'an and Yiwha in the panel when the regulars yell "WHAT?" after Love tells Viole to choose his team.

After the crown game there is one frame with Catan moving around in the residential area, somewhat in the back ground. So he must have been released.

And Androssi stays because she is sort of interested in Anak, knowing that she is most likely the daughter of her deceased sister.

Crap, you're right about Catan. Thanks. As to Androssi staying for Anak, I know she says that later when she betrays her own team in order to get Anak to pass, but I'm not convinced this was true for the Crown Game. Rachel claims her team wouldn't take the crown from Baam and Androssi goes head to thead with Hwa Ryun. Why even she even enter the game since Anak was already sidelined and it was Androssi that pushed the button. Also, Androssi taking the crown would have seriouslly interfered with FUGs need of keeping Rachel on 2F.

Hmm, thanks Marduk. Any chance of a source? I tried doing a search here and just got someone repeating what you said. And the wiki doesn't mention it.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Hmm, thanks Marduk. Any chance of a source? I tried doing a search here and just got someone repeating what you said. And the wiki doesn't mention it.

I can confirm the doubts that Andorthy indeed says Rachel and "Big guy" knew each other from before, not that Andorthy knew Akryung from before. And the correct translation makes much more sense, and puts all the speculation at rest so hopefully we can get confirmation on this. I tried to, but wasn't welcomed very well. :D

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Remon

Remon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

In original Korean, Androssi doesn't actually say she knew Akryung from before. The meaning of her words is closer to:

"...we somehow just ended up as teammates. [The big guy was already with her.]"

not

"...we somehow just ended up as teammates. I did know the big guy from before though.."

[Edit] It's very, very ambiguous, and it could've easily be taken as "I was with him from before" without proper context. But knowing Headon's involvement with Lahel and Akryung, it's more probable that she meant [Akryung was with Lahel].

I found this in the http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/4782-theory-about-akryung/ thread. Hopefully this is what you were looking for mister_grimm

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I found this in the http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/4782-theory-about-akryung/ thread. Hopefully this is what you were looking for mister_grimm

Nice deep-net fishing, there, Remon. ^_^

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Yes but its just theory no matter what translation you go to it says the same thing Androssi knew Akryung from before and that he is little strong and she seem to imply that she is stronger than him.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
No, no, you misunderstand. The correct translation is "She did know the big guy from before, though..." instead of "I knew the big guy from before, though..."

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Thanks!! I guess this qualifies as something I didn't notice! Makes sense now that I see how the mistranslation could get to where it did. But it does make Akryung all that much more of a mystery. I'm hoping we'll find out whether or not he's still involved with the F2 team. It seemed like he'd follow Rachel all the way up. I know some thought that might have been his shadow behind Karakas when he first made his appearance but there was nothing to go on at all there.

Well, now thanks to Remon we have a source. Someone less lazy than me should put this in the wiki.

Edited by mister_grimm, 17 October 2012 - 05:25 PM.

SkyTroupe

SkyTroupe

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGrand Line

Yeah, that is what I mean. I'm not sure if SIU just wanted to simplify things or that is just outline to an coat pocket. I'm just wary with this. You never know with SIU.
Probably Augusgus is low level if he got only that drawing... And more complex the symbol is, more important the person is in that Great Family. Who really know.

SIU was pretty blatant in making it obvious that Augusgus is part of FUG, possibly a slayer, but definitely part of FUG.

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Not sure if you guys found this already :rolleyes:

Fire Breathing Rak & Rak shooting beam out of his mouth:
Spoiler

Rak using Spirit Bomb & Rak spinning:
Spoiler