Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season II Company Translations Discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2519 replies to this topic

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
Thank you, thank you , thank you ! for the new translation , Quaity is worth waiting for :D :D .

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
NEW CHAPTER! *HAPPYNESS OVERLOAD*

Company i worship you, tell me where to build temple.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Yay! Me happy, too! :D Pouncy on translation! :lol:

Question: who do you feel more sorry for? The idiot trying to capture and use this random, powerful "half"... or the ones going to help the "poor, injured magician"...? :huh:

She did it again: I was both laughing, wincing and wondering what the heck the political stew the group is walking into is actually like with this strip. :) Shark stew? What with said "magician" in the mix? <shudders>

Edited by Euodiachloris, 21 September 2012 - 04:15 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Asha is heartless as ever, lol.

Thank you Fembot for the clarification, however I wouldn't recommend you people of The Company to overwork yourself just to bring out 2 chapters per week. It's a joy for us fans, but that would mean more work for you guys in addition with real life stuff. Take it easy! :)
Posted Image

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Thanks to The Company for another wonderful translation!

Yay! The introductory chapters are almost done: we can see a glimpse of Teo's personality (and she's really a bit too meddlesome for her own good ;_; ) and Elwin is such a cute pink bunny.
I think Agni read Brilith's real thoughts with insight (since Brilith doesn't know he can read her mind by simply making eye contact) and decided once and for all to reveal himself. Does this mean that Visnu forbade Gods to reveal themselves in the human realm? He didn't ban summoning magic, that was made almost impossible to accomplish without the summoner dying before completing the ritual.
So, probably Visnu wanted the Gods to stop meddling with the human realm and put some rules in place to prevent this.

Edited by Macha, 25 September 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
New chapter out! Whoo, Bum Kim! HAHAHAH!!!! x'D King of all Bums indeed. Hahah, poor Brilith. x'D
And yeah, it seems the reason he didn't reveal himself was because of Visnu's rules. But I wonder what that exact rule is? D: He was thinking of revealing himself to Leez, for example, so is it really just about hiding?

Gandharva is thinking that Teo is meddlesome. How dare he think that of such a kind and generous person? ;a; Hah, he said he forgot his name? Well they should think up one in the meantime no? Something starting with Gan. Like:
- Gandhi
- Gundam
- Gangnam style

Hahah, I love the moment when Kasak asks Ruche the way to the meeting. x'D He looked so innocent too. "Huh? Why's she not answering?"

Edited by Mizura, 25 September 2012 - 09:32 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Signia

Signia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts
I guess Ruche really doesn't think much of halfs. It's not the main reason she dislikes Kasak but still. : / The sisters are such unpleasant people. Then again, I guess that was obvious since being able to eat the eyeballs of a living, breathing, talking and thinking being knowing they must have been murdered to get them must have that as a requirement.

I wonder how did Airi get amnesia and if it'll be a plot point later on.

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts
Oh, new chapter. <3
As everyone pointed out already, that Ruche and Kasak scene is priceless. I can't seem to find anything likeable on her or her sister. :S

Say, did anyone notice that in Airi's diary the one drawn with the scarf and earrings might be Taksaka? It would explain why Kasak doesn't have his earrings and also why the little Airi thinks that guy is "very nice". I wonder how those three met though, and why Airi as well as Agwen have no memories of it. As Signia pointed it before, it might be a plot point.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Didn't notice that diary piture ö,ö(i invented new smiley ! With eyebrows ... xD)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I think it's a plot point too! I think both Agwen and Airi had their minds purposely wiped out, and the reason may be linked to Tak's presence.

The most benign possibility may be that Tak (either by himself or with the help of someone else like Visnu) made humans forget about his visit for the sake of protecting his descendants, so others won't target them to get back at him. This image problem was also mentioned in the finite: Tak was afraid to reveal that he was with Ian because the Gods may use her as a hostage to kill him, like they used Shakuntala to try to kill Gandharva. But Visnu said that it wasn't a problem in his case, because he didn't give off the impression that he'd throw away his life to rescue Ian. xD So, keeping this image may be important for the sake of his descendants, so they don't get targeted.

However, if the above isn't the true explanation, then the reason could be something bigger. Kasak said that knowledge born of insight could only be transmitted by writing or orally, it could not be gleaned from another insight. This implies that Kasak knows something crucial, something probably tied with the current events. When Airi and Agwen came into contact with Tak, they may have come across similar knowledge. It could be something as simple as knowing that Kalavinka was there, or it could be more. It may not have been crucial information to Them, even, but the wrong person could have deduced something that they shouldn't find out. Unlike Kasak, they wouldn't be able to hide this information. So their memory was wiped out. (as a simple example: there isn't much risk of Kasak revealing information about Kalavinka: you can beat him to a pulp and he'd still stay quiet. However, Agwen may not be in the same situation. I'm using Kalavinka as an example, but it could be something else)

Edited by Mizura, 25 September 2012 - 12:51 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Yasma

Yasma

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Hmm, interesting theory. To be honest, I thought that "nice" guy with earrings is Kasak too (as opposite to evil him without earrings).

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
YAY! New chapter out! :D Huh, I wonder what was so strange about the skill Yuta used to kill that Sura? So it's not even a normal transcendental?

The Company found an Awesome term for the cloak! Hide of Bondage! Three thumbs up! :D I was wondering if I'd see Leather Bondage or some other awkward term there! x'D

Gandharva is being really cheeky. But hahaha, I really like Teo. She called Gandharva funny too. xD Ooh, and she took him to the hospital! So, I guess Nastika in human form are so close physically to humans that even the doctor didn't notice that anything was off. D: Did I mention this before by the way? Somewhere along the way I realized that Gandharva plucked out his eye. Remember when I posted the card stats a while back? In disguised form, Gandharva had much lower defense than his other humanoid form. It occurred to me that it must be because he's repressing his regenerative abilities, to prevent his Sura eye from growing back. Considering his attribute, it must be a huge disadvantage to him.

Still, man. He's so weak now he can't handle a little city. He could probably destroy planets like Tak if he were in his full-powered Sura form.

Heh, Teo never lets go of her sword because she doesn't want it stolen. True, she could let go of it for a moment, and the next moment Riche's stealth devices would have stolen it already. It must suck to know that you might be tailed by stealth devices looking to steal from you. xD

.... HAHAHAH, "Uah! Priestess-nim! That's blasphemy!" x'D 'x'D x"D But hey, she's telling the truth! Babo-kim there is THE expert on using the staff of Agni! No jokes! X"D

... heheh, Yuta blushed when Leez grabbed her hand. =^.^=

Can't wait for the next chapter! Some very interesting stuff in that one! :D

Edited by Mizura, 29 September 2012 - 06:35 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Sooooooo... how many pigeons is that out-of-the-bag cat stalking, then? :lol: And, just how much is Brillith going to yell at him for that? :lol: :lol:

Sidenote: Teo might just be his type after all... At least she finds him funny. She might even be darkly amused to find out who this mystery magician is. Say, a week after she's recovered from the shock. :P

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
Indeed waiting...impatiently xD

Great chapter! thanks for the translation.

Now i'm rlly interested in the next chapter o,O.

Notes:1) just cuz i saw other ppls doing the notes so lets with the flow!!

hmm, wonder if Gandharva when not weakened is one of those peoples who taksaka "can't win easily agianst".

I just came to wonder, how much do we know about leader of the Asura clan? for some reason i got curious for a second.

which were the clans again?
Water thingies, gandharva clan,
Dragons, Vrirtra Clan,
Snakes, Ananta Clan.
Land creatures (ex: foxes, wolves etc, check the chapter where suras is about to attack Eloth or Kalibloom or w/e... where Sagara makes her first entrence in anything except flasbacks) Yaksha clan.
Bird(brains ->maruna) ,Garuda clan,
Clan of Chaos (formless suras),
Bugs, Asura clan,
Kinnara clan (This one im not so sure about, only one i've seen is the Shess, the horse looking Rakshasa)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Ahahahah Brilith's declaration and Agni embracing her was my favourite scene!
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
All we've seen of Asura are two silhouettes: one when Manasvin tried to convince Gandharva of his plan (he then noted that Asura decline), and second when we got the silhouettes of all the original Kings + the 5-zen Natural Gods.

As for the ones who might be stronger than Tak, the dragons are supposed to be stronger than most Nastika (powerful breath, but they have the disadvantage in numbers), so it should be relatively safe to assume that Tak is stronger than any other #2 from the other clans (he's stronger than Vasuki, for one).

We don't know if the Primeval Gods were included in the "4 or 5 people I can't easily defeat" list. But, I guess it's possible for a Nastika to somehow be stronger than a Primeval God in battle, if you take into account the fact that Kali was unhappy with the possibility that the creations would be stronger than her. Tak at one point in the finite was threatening to blast Visnu, though we don't know how well that'd actually turn out. The thing is, the Primeval Gods are immortal anyway, it doesn't really matter if they are weaker and get obliterated for a while, and some may not be focused on offense.

Primeval Gods aside, we're left with the Nastika Kings. Of those, 3 can be eliminated from the list of "stronger than Taksaka":
- Yaksha (already dead)
- Ananta (already dead)
- Vritra (Tak himself said he was weaker)
- also, we can probably leave the Chaos clan out of the list

That leaves 4 kings: Garuda, Gandharva, Asura and Kinnara. So yes, unweakened Gandharva is very likely to be among those few stronger than Taksaka.

3492bk6.jpg

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Gandharva plucked out his eye before planning to meet Agni, right at the very beginning. (I wonder if he kept it to put back in later? Creepy thought...)

I want Teo x Gandharva. ("There's no rule saying you have to use magic on the magic exam." LOLOLOL)

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
^Even better... his rather stunned response. :D

PlotCap.png

Yasma

Yasma

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Agni... He might become the first proper boyfriend in this series. Yuta just adores Leez... Kubera-god bullies her. Even Ran calls Rana a hag in the prologue. So I like Agni's affectionate declarations.

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
I knew that was gonna happen :|

Just knew he was gonna be like "Ok...so excuses ain't working, time to shock the fucking hell outta these people!"