Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season II Company Translations Discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2519 replies to this topic

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
Thought i would start this so it was ready for the first translation :P B) :rolleyes:

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
Impatient, aren't we? :D
I guess The Company will be several chapters behind the original ones to better understand and translate the story. But I hope it's not 10-15 chapters behind or something like that...
And by the way, long time no post around here. Hello to both new and old members!

Spoiler

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
Definitly :D :P , glad to see you back posting , pop over to the wiki every now and then , and please sign in .http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Kubera_Wiki

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
Why don't you include a link to the Wiki in your signature? That way whenever you post, you are already advertising it! :P

Spoiler

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
Is this Beter

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Whoo-hoo! Trailer out! Wow, it's the first time I realize that the first "Do you think [blabla] death" comment may be Asha responding to Ran. Since this sentence and the one after Gandharva's panel were so similar, I thought both sentences referred to Gandharva. D:

So anyway, Leez in a pretty dress! :D :D :D

You know, the "Do not forget, one day, not all of us will be left at your side" is a bit ironic considering that Leez supposedly ends up outright all alone. So, "not all of us" -> "nobody", though I suppose God Kubera is still there. Though she seemed like she wanted him gone.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts
About the part when someone says:
It is my victory, Kubera.

Can that be Leez saying it to Kubera having regained his name? The text is green, which often referred to Leez in season 1.

Signia

Signia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts
Isn't it blue green? I was thinking it was Kali saying it. @_@ Which scared me a bit.

Chiral

Chiral

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK
In the raw, the word ASHA at the start is in English. I was wondering if perhaps Currygom was referring to the actual meaning of the word Asha rather than the character. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asha), Asha means 'truth' - maybe in season 2 a lot of the characters will start finding out the things that the other characters are hiding; the fact that Yuta is a Sura, the fact that Brillith summoned a God, whether or not Shakuntela is dead and how Asha plans to get revenge.

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts

In the raw, the word ASHA at the start is in English. I was wondering if perhaps Currygom was referring to the actual meaning of the word Asha rather than the character. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asha), Asha means 'truth' - maybe in season 2 a lot of the characters will start finding out the things that the other characters are hiding; the fact that Yuta is a Sura, the fact that Brillith summoned a God, whether or not Shakuntela is dead and how Asha plans to get revenge.

Well...
Spoiler
So yeah, I think we'll know other secrets and things will start to get clearer.
By the way, the light in the last pannel seemed to be a portal to another dimension, like the one Kubera created for Sagara. The two figures look like Asha and Leez with Kali's cape. So maybe Leez will get so strong that she'll be able to hop between realms.

Spoiler

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

About the part when someone says:
It is my victory, Kubera.

Can that be Leez saying it to Kubera having regained his name? The text is green, which often referred to Leez in season 1.

This is my thought as well. Though the 'victory' part is confused - what was won, exactly? I'd like to believe it's Leez who has defeated the fate Kubera's previous insights showed us - her as a lonely and bitter woman fighting for her life.
Posted Image

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Someone analyzed the color of that text, the victory thing, and its almost the exact same color as.....

Spoiler

(Raws spoiler)

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oooh! That'd be awesome!

Spoiler

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

alex92

alex92

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
I was thinking about this for some time but...is there some kind of problem with the translation? I'm worried, for real! Before we used to have 2 chapters per week and now we have 1ch for 2 weeks...

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yeah, it's been like this for a few weeks now. It may have to do with the scanlators going back to school. Although the scanlators somehow managed things last year, this year they could be much more busy with the new term. It's quite understandable.

I do wish they'd tell us something though, even just an obvious one-liner saying "We're busy with real life and it will probably stay this way." (I mean, it Seems obvious, but what do we know? Maybe one of the scanlators got sick). It's much easier to be patient when you're told what's going on, but since we have no idea what's going on, I guess some of us are feeling a bit lost.

Edited by Mizura, 20 September 2012 - 01:30 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
^agreed. I've been so anxious everyday checking is there a new Kubera? No.
Repeat process day after day after day D:

some news would be awsome, but sadly I doubt it. Haven't rlly seen any Company member in kubera forum since.... ...... ...yea...(except Kareia ofc :D you're a great support! any news?...please :unsure:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

narcissu

narcissu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
My, my, I see three uploads from one week ago, which seems impressive enough. Especially considering the afterward, which is probably much longer than a normal chapter; not to mention image-editing and all that.

I say patience is the key here, no?

... Although honestly, the real reason why I'm not complaining is because I just directly read the raws, but that's beside the point. ;;

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Ooh right completley forgot those *facebed* sorry.

sorry for ^ post.

And forgot there were several parts, only thought of the prolouge.

Keep up the god work!! (and patience isnt or has never been my strong side D;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Fembot

Fembot

Global Moderator

• The Company
  • 1,048 posts

I was thinking about this for some time but...is there some kind of problem with the translation? I'm worried, for real! Before we used to have 2 chapters per week and now we have 1ch for 2 weeks...

Since it's only fair to you all to address this, yes, the Kubera team has been busy as of late. School has started up again for most of us, and real life has been busy for others. We've had to scramble to find last minute temporary substitutes for a couple of our team members, which has also slowed us down a bit, unfortunately.

Good news for you guys, though--we've decided to return to our previous two-chapter-per-week release schedule starting next week, since it seems we're more focused and proactive when under time restraints. ;)

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I was actually surprised by how fast the afterword came out. I was expecting THAT to take twice the time needed than a normal chapter, instead the afterword came out fast and the prologue came out slow. xD

Hey, it's Fembot! Thank you so much for the clarification! :D We do understand if you were just busy, we were just worried if something more serious happened. :D Wow, hearing that the two-chapters-per week schedule will return is Great news! Since Season 2 is just starting, this means you'll catch up soon then we'll be back at 1 chapter per week. xD But that also means that it will be easier on you once you catch up, so I'm glad for you!

Speaking of things... YAY! A release! :D Ah-hah, Asha didn't even look at Ran after she sent him flying, what a dangerous person she is. Magical "accident" indeed. And uh, they got USED to it? O_o;; Eh, poor Leez. being neglected by the way. xD I wonder what ranking she could get if she became a magician? She'll have to pass a quest to graduate though, there's no way she'd graduate through written exams. Does "Killing a few superior Sura" and maybe "Saving the world" (or whatever her ultimate task will be) count as a suitable quest for magical exam graduation? :P "Killing a God" will probably be a no-no though, that'd get her labeled as a heretic. O_o;;

Whooooot, shirtless Gandharva. xD

Say, now that Ran completed the quest, that means he's graduated and will probably be assigned a magic ranking. I wonder how high his ranking will be?

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 21 September 2012 - 02:03 AM.

3492bk6.jpg