Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season II Company Translations Discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2519 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
New chapter is out! Teo's parents somehow crossed over to the Sura realm. I kind of wonder how That happened. D: Did you notice that Gandharva seemed more affected by that particular revelation than by the assumption that Teo's whole family died? Either he's shocked that "humans" crossed over to the sura realm, or he sympathizes with the feelings of not knowing whether one's family is alive, and having to cling onto the hope.

Also, I'm pretty sure the different realms existed from the start, but I guess they were still relatively accessible, even by humans (halfs and quarters at least). The cataclysm made traveling between the human and sura realms impossible. I wonder if before that, there used to be more halfs and maybe quarters visiting the Sura realm (while being protected by a sura most likely)? Kasak was surprised that Shess brought a Half into the sura realm though, while Kasak was left in the human realm. So, either Kasak didn't know that it was possible for Halfs to live in the sura realm, period, or he didn't know that a Half could be brought to the sura realm right at the time of the cataclysm. Though, parts of the Sura realm are probably slightly more liveable now because of the efforts of various kings to purify their respective areas (at least Gandharva and the king of the Kinnara clan seem to have done so, so even Leny could survive).

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

New chapter is out! Teo's parents somehow crossed over to the Sura realm. I kind of wonder how That happened. D: Did you notice that Gandharva seemed more affected by that particular revelation than by the assumption that Teo's whole family died? Either he's shocked that "humans" crossed over to the sura realm, or he sympathizes with the feelings of not knowing whether one's family is alive, and having to cling onto the hope.

Probably a mix of both: when you're focussed on perceived wrongs done to you and yours, you don't always think about the bigger picture, even if, intellectually, you might be aware of the possibility of stuff like that happening to others you're rather like to label "enemies". :mellow: That, and hearing about a quarter stuck there would make him immediately think about just how quickly they would go downhill... not unlike somebody close to him, no? :( Finding somebody personally affected by what also happened to you is waaaaaay more impactful than just having stats to hand. <shrugs> Particularly if you were just about to use 'em to their detriment. :lol: Guy does have a conscience... even if it's calibrated rather differently from the human norm. ;)

I wonder: being so focused on the wrongs humans have done sura or what the gods have done to sura on their behalf, just how many sura lump quarters-and-a-bit-more and halves as "human" when they get the rough end of every deal, wherever they tend to end up?

And... Agni: the amazing plan-free zone! :D Or, at least, ostensibly plan-free zone. :P

Oh... and the moral of the story is... "Know about what you're hunting and its herd before you hunt it." :lol:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 06 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Lowlightt

Lowlightt

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
Has anyone else noticed that Leez has had only 1 shoe on from the start of season 2? She's wearing a slipper and only 1 of her normal shoes.

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
Taking bets on Leez showing that 17,630 reading.

Starting out $100 for yes
$200 on no's.

1:1000 rates, come one, come all. Take your bets and lets see who wins a massive pool!

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

Has anyone else noticed that Leez has had only 1 shoe on from the start of season 2? She's wearing a slipper and only 1 of her normal shoes.

Because she lost the other one in the mushroom field when running towards Yuta, who she thought had been captured/killed with the collapse of the Channel.
Posted Image

Chaos

Chaos

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts
I'm guessing the 17830 transcendental value came from Ran. Transcendental value can only come from gods, suras or those from sura descent. Asha is a pure-blood human. So is Leez/Kubera(with the exception that if she fully inherits Kubera's name she can use transcendentals since all gods use them). That only leaves Ran in the party to have any transcendental value excluding Yuta. The only factor I could think of which may contradict this is Ran having a high holy affinty(over 10k) and sura descents seem to use transcendentals over magic. Having both high holy affinity and transcendental value seems rather unbalanced. I don't recall seeing a single half in the entire series use magic. Ran, however is a quarter and has more diluted sura blood and more human blood. Like Ruche, Ran can use magic.

Also, 17860 would be too low an amount for the power of a fifth zen god.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
There are lots of things we don't know for sure though:
1. How Transcendental values scale compared to holy affinity. Are they somewhat equivalent, or not at all?
2. Leez may not have reached her full potential yet. She said she felt she was becoming stronger recently, so it could be that she's not fully "grown" yet.
3. Leez' powers could be suppressed as well. Not consciously, but she obviously can't make the full use of strength. That, and the bracelet might be doing something.

Transcendental values work differently than Holy Affinity. I posted something about it in the magic thread. For magiciains, holy affinity determines the power of the spell, but transcendental values define both the power And the variety of skills you can use. So, at ten times the transcendental value of a "fairly strong Half", the number of abilities available should be quite diverse.

Spoiler

Edit: Yaaaay! A new chapter! Hahah, Ruche is jealous because the God turned out to be a hottie, not because Brilith summoned a God in the first place. x'D Hahah, everybody is saying how How Agni is. Well, that's true but... O.o;; Whoa, I really want to know what Agni and Kasak have to talk about. Kasak seems very serious about the situation, so maybe he's about to reveal something important.

Brilith and Agni's interactions are so funny. xD "You can boss me around in public!" (how um... romantic?) "A priestess is beating up her God!" (lol!)

Edited by Mizura, 10 October 2012 - 04:24 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Great new chapter, thanks TC.

Tn7HA0h.png

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
Oh i'm sorry, but god I can already see a massive destruction incoming from Yuta being angered with these idiots for trying to endanger asha, leez, and ran (or whatever name he uses, i forget it too often).

To the capture team: Say hello to agni for me~

Edited by OverLord-sama, 10 October 2012 - 04:57 AM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Question: considering that he seems to have handed his "lets keep you under wraps for now" sword to Leez... is it Yuta admitting she can actually use the thing, if not quite as healthily? :huh: I mean: handing it to her upped his transcendental signature through the roof, so it must act as a lid, right?

Oh... and... just how screwed are they going to be when they pick him up, eh? :lol: It's his mother's hand-made, gear: what's the betting it's got a few "flaws" her bouncing, baby boy can make use of in ways no normal sura could dream of...

Edited by Euodiachloris, 10 October 2012 - 04:24 PM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Question: considering that he seems to have handed his "lets keep you under wraps for now" sword to Leez... it Yuta admitting she can actually use the thing, if not quite as healthily? :huh: I mean: handing it to her upped his transcendental signature through the roof, so it must act as a lid, right?

Oh... and... just how screwed are they going to be when they pick him up, eh? :lol: It's his mother's hand-made, gear: what's the betting it's got a few "flaws" her bouncing, baby boy can make use of in ways no normal sura could dream of...

Yeah, i think the sword hiding his full power is a possibility too, similar to Visnu's earrings or Kubera's braclet, though I keep thinking of how Yuta looked over his shoulder "after" handing the sword over and that's when their monitoring equipment went off the scale......so i still wonder if it wasn't just him consciously hiding or holding back on his full power and handing the sword over was more a precaution knowing he was going to allow himself to be taken prisoner to protect the group.

Tn7HA0h.png

Tohan

Tohan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi
@ svines....exactly what I thought...
I think it's pretty clear that the sword Yuta was holding can suppress(in hiding sense) the bearer's actual transcendental power. And that's why the first time the 'hide of bondage' skipped Yuta and went for Leez instead, and Leez hence is the one with 17k+ transcendental reading. Yuta handed her the sword to save her and not for it's safekeeping...and: the 17k monitor showed error, and the bondage went back to capture Yuta.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

@ svines....exactly what I thought...
I think it's pretty clear that the sword Yuta was holding can suppress(in hiding sense) the bearer's actual transcendental power. And that's why the first time the 'hide of bondage' skipped Yuta and went for Leez instead, and Leez hence is the one with 17k+ transcendental reading. Yuta handed her the sword to save her and not for it's safekeeping...and: the 17k monitor showed error, and the bondage went back to capture Yuta.

ahh, yeah, could be right , i suppose we still don't know enough yet to know for sure but your version makes a lot of sense

Tn7HA0h.png

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
could also be that Yuta kept his transcendental value down (i think it was stated somewhere it was possible) and when he gave the weapon to Leez for safekeeping, he stopped to suppress his transcendetal value, which then surpassed 17300 ish i think it was.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
I'd go for the "transcendental value suppression property of the sword" hypothesis, since Yuta doesn't have any reason to give up such important weapon (it's speculated to be Garuda's, given the similarities between its unsealed state and Garuda's sword) other than protecting Leez.
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Well, it's an important item, right? So he wouldn't want Riche to get her hands on it, right?
I mean, sure, he probably knew he could escape and all, but if Riche took away his weapon first, he'd have to go looking for it before escaping.

Suppression is also a very viable theory though. Like, Garuda could have given it to him to help him suppress his Chaos side, or the likes.

3492bk6.jpg

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Well, I'd scrap the "Riche" theory because at that point, they still haven't met her, nor they know her weapon collection hobby.
At least, I don't recall Asha mentioning Riche and that she's crazy for rare weapons. Instead, it was Teo the one who talked about her to Gandharva.
Posted Image

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Hmmmm... something that does worry me slightly...

Yuta does have morals. Very strong ones, actually, especially when you consider the instincts they're up against... <_< Exactly how far would they hold when faced with people who would be willing to not just use him, but get those he cares about in trouble? Especially since now it seems like he's taken the gloves off, so to speak? :huh: He may be in shackles, but... I really don't trust that cape to hold him for very long...

I've a horrible thought that right now, he's got more watts than Gandharva actually can produce... <shudders>

PlotCap.png

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts

Hmmmm... something that does worry me slightly...

Yuta does have morals. Very strong ones, actually, especially when you consider the instincts they're up against... <_< Exactly how far would they hold when faced with people who would be willing to not just use him, but get those he cares about in trouble? Especially since now it seems like he's taken the gloves off, so to speak? :huh: He may be in shackles, but... I really don't trust that cape to hold him for very long...

I've a horrible thought that right now, he's got more watts than Gandharva actually can produce... <shudders>

I'm expecting to see an explosion in the coming chapters, just a feeling :3

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

If you talk about power, I think that right now Gandharva is so weakened that Yuta can easily overpower him, in case they meet and for some reason clash. But I think it's highly unlikely.
I'm more worried about the possibility the Hide of Bondage is sentient. Can you imagine a sentient cape? :huh: At least, it's the only explanation I've got for the shadowy figure that appeared when Riche ordered to employ it and disappeared when the cape captured Yuta. Unless it somehow is Kali's silhouette appearing to Yuta alone...
Posted Image