Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

what is your favorite game of all time?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

My favorite game of all time probably is between Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock. Both have great gameplay and some of the best story-telling offered. Too bad their sequels aren't as great :/

MuffinGurl

MuffinGurl

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

nothing surpasses the feeling of playing fallout 3 and dragon age: origins for the first time.

“Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear; The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.”― Meg Cabot, The Princess Diaries 

Tiz

Tiz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

As a kid running around fighting the darkness with nothing more than a key was probably the best feeling in the world for me so of course KINGDOM HEARTS. (I liked 2 slightly more but oh well.)

I also can't get enough of PERSONA 3 love that game to bits. (FES was rubbish.) 

Spoiler

Mushiren

Mushiren

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationFloating about
This is probably gonna sound weird, but in terms of a game I feel I'll never get enough of, I'd probably say...Super Mario World on the SNES/GBA.

I know, I know. It's not exactly a groundbreaking story, but if I had to pick one game I could pick up and play and never get bored of, it's probably that.

Cx1SVSV.png

Shiroyabu

Shiroyabu

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Locationdrinking coffe with Paarthurnax

This is probably gonna sound weird, but in terms of a game I feel I'll never get enough of, I'd probably say...Super Mario World on the SNES/GBA.

I know, I know. It's not exactly a groundbreaking story, but if I had to pick one game I could pick up and play and never get bored of, it's probably that.

Indeed!

>Aaaand I dunno, a game I could play for hours also might be.... Mugen fighting game engine, I guess? Well this one keeps changing constantly and as a plus, it is fully customizable(? i dunno if i wrote it correctly) and I am not a great fan of fighting games, but this one I can play it for hours, ++ it is literally a everthing vs everyone! As an examples you can make battles like: Batman vs Ryu, Hulk vs Scorpion, Hamtaro vs Miku, Kirito vs Homer Simpspon......... aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddd ssssssssooooooooooooo oooonnn! Indeed Mugen! (-because, y'know it means infinite in japanese ._. )

"I swim through a sea of stars                         "That's no good. Was I asleep?                         "Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
without looking back to shore.                           No matter how much I sleep,                             -"I am Alduin. Most mighty of any in the world!"
Faster than light, bending time                          the exhaustion doesn't go away..."                              —Alduin, (Elder Scrolls V, The)
                                                                                   —Kenjirou (Kagerou Project)
Forever
Wherever"             —R-Type Final

Spoiler

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

I don't have a favorite game. =/ There're so many different genres out there that it feels silly to just pin everything down on a single one.

CthulhuMessiah

CthulhuMessiah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Spec Ops: The Line for a lot of reasons.

1. I play every single game as Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil as I can. Just being a dick to everyone for no reason. Spec Ops is still the only game to make me feel bad about it, and not only that but put the controller down. Not going to talk about it, but going into this game saying "Ha! Look at those dumb idiots" stopped hard at a certain point. It just gets harder from then on.

2. One of my favorite examples of a narrative in games. Even though it doesn't really have that many choices, it's a game that just by being a game gives it so much more impact. Having You, the player, be Martin Walker gives the actions you do in the game so much more impact than if it was a movie.

3. The small things. From the loading screens insulting you, to Martin’s dialogue and executions becoming more and more deranged as the game goes on, to the use of licensed music, to Nolan North’s surprisingly fantastic voice acting.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed

I started this thread 3 years ago!! I'm getting old

My favorite is Valkyria Chronicles

shelly

shelly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 302 posts

Master of Orion 2 !

It was the first strategy game I ever played (I think I was 12). I still play it now and then, and still totally enjoy it. The music is really nice too ~

And I still have no chance at Impossible difficulty, which is awesome.

The backstory by itself is a pretty interesting read too.

My brother started playing it at the same time, and we've had lots of discussions about how to win, which tech or weapons are better, calling each other cheap for always picking certain races ("Stop picking Psilons all the time, you Creative bastard!" "Stop choosing Elerian with that cheap mind control, then!")[... Its been more than a decade and he still almost always picks Psilons. That bastard (**I play Klackons a lot**) ]  and passing jokes, references and complaints back and forth about the game. ("I tried playing as the Aquatic guys. I spawned next to the Crystals AND the Lizards. Damn it." "Wow you're totally screwed. Good luck man.")

I had a couple of jokes about the crystal race, but I don't remember them right now.

Having someone to discuss it with made it much much more fun.

Edited by shelly, 04 October 2015 - 03:39 AM.

Nonomiya Nono

Nonomiya Nono

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

A lot of things in PS1 era I guess... Digimon World, Xenogears, Brave Fencer Musashi to name a few.

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

I wouldn't be able to pick any one game in particular though I do have a few favourite series of games like Metal Gear Solid, the Zelda and Final fantasy series and the Total War series of games. MGS3, Twilight Princess & Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, FFVII and Devil May Cry 1 are probably my stand out titles though

Forgettable

Forgettable

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationA home that I could die in
Conkers Bad Fur Day and Dark Souls

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

I have two top favorite games: Golden Sun, and Vacant Sky: Contention. 

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

Bioshock, Oblivion, Everquest & Civilization 5 come to mind for me when I think about the greatest games that i've played. Honorable mentions for me are the Pokemon Series, Digimon World series, D&D and Yu-Gi-Oh

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Eddie..

Eddie..

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDunno, can you tell me?

Atelier series, Persona , Street fighter, The last of us, Dark Souls and Crash Bandicoot (really miss it :/ )

S9hFBgq.gif

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

My favorite game of all time probably is between Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock. Both have great gameplay and some of the best story-telling offered. Too bad their sequels aren't as great :/

Yooo Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinite both had superior gameplay won't argue story-telling since it's more subjective 

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Final Fantasy IX. Hands down.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

It was Tanks for a while... I played the crap out of it... but then they changed the match-up rules and placed players with others two levels higher... it was a massacre. I stopped playing a month after that.

Overlord, Torchlight, Wing Commander, Dead Island, Doom, Warcraft, X-wing: Rouge Squadron, Dark Forces, Mechwarrior 3...

*\(シ)/*

Russet potatoes are the most delicious!

salonpasti

salonpasti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

KOF series (especially 98,02, and 13), Samurai Shodown, Garou MOW and many others fighting games.I also likes Musou games like DW series etc.... 

Crux

Crux

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationE-Arth

Tekken - More so from 6 (TTT2 during the waiting period) to the upcoming TK7

Killzone - Favourite FPS franchise. Never been a cod fella.

SSX/Fifa - These do me nicely for sport related games.

b0DTh4.gif