Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

what is your favorite game of all time?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Needlessly to say Tales of Symphonia

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Paranox

Paranox

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed :}

Well well well....that's hard since I don't have favourites....but Resident Evil 6 is the most enjoyable game for me so far  :batoto_017:

Posted Image

Lucky

Lucky

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationI'm off being oh so dark and pretentious
Eternal Ring. Admittedly, the game play is somewhat bad considering it was released as a first for the Playstation II. But it is really fun for me.

u1huRwC.png

Satoshi-

Satoshi-

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationUnited States Tracy CA

I played Starcraft for about 7 years so I would go with that :)

yato

yato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Locationトリスタ

Kiseki series I guess, really enjoyed playing them.

Edited by yato, 11 June 2014 - 10:55 AM.

WcvvwsP.gif

video games/イースⅧ

Spoiler

L3Z4

L3Z4

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHeavenly Host Elementary

Probably Dishonored (by Bethesda Softworks), Fallout saga (also form Bethesda) and Age of Empires (2 & 3).

lves

lves

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

I'd be stuck between Chrono Cross and Fallout 3...

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMystical Booger Forest

I'll list the games that mad me play it for more than 150 hours... Thanks to Steam that's easy to do now and remember.

1. Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War (the first one complete with all its expansions which ends with Soulstorm)

2. Empire and Shogun 2 from the Total War games

3. Counter Strike

4. Fallout (From the first to New Vegas including Fallout Tactics)

5. TES IV Oblivion and V Skyrim

6. Command and Conquer's Tiberium Saga and a little bit of Generals. I didn't get into Red Alert so much

7. Supreme Commander (The one that is like Total Annihilation, not the Geo Political game of a similar name)

8. Battlefield series (starting from 1942)

9. Sins of a Solar Empire

10. Baldur's Gate complete Saga

... theres so much more... I realize now that I really have spent a lot of my time on games. Ooooh the deadlines I almost did not make because of them.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Maya24

Maya24

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIn my house.

Final Fantasy 9 and Persona 2 duology. 

15301sm.jpg

demonspawn

demonspawn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Nice picks everyone!

My favorite game is Valkyria Chronicles

Close followers:

God of war 3
Pokemon red

Good tastes!

I must admit I enjoyed the interesting spin on rts and tbs from Valkyria Chronicles.

As to my favorite it would have to be extermination for the ps2, close second is the Company of Heroes series

aarya188

aarya188

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Dark Souls and Red Dead Redemption :D

Kubera, Kingdom, Golden Kamui, Shokugeki no Soma, Tower of God, Helck, Tokyo Ghoul:re, One Piece, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Yakusoku no Neverland, Uchuu Kyoudai, Grand Blue, Yotsubato, Non Non Biyori, Barakmon, Tamen de Sushi, Berserk, One Punch Man, Chang Ge Xing, Vinland Saga, Made in Abyss, Kino no Tabi, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, Dungeon Meshi, Shingeki no Kyojin

Youen

Youen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn your closet

Soul Calibur holds a special place in my heart. I remember as a kid playing Soul Calibur 2 I'd use Cassandra and destroy everyone but apparently my power was too much cause they killed her off in the later series. Also Mitsurugi is the most broken OP fighting character of all time..

When a cute scene comes on for my pairings. 

cute2_by_cheesybanana127-d8ip0yv.gif

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

tales of symphonia and kotor games even though its buggy as shit

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

I guess the majority of "favorites" tend to be RPGs. xD

Honorable mentions to Demon's Souls, Quake, League of Legends, and Hearthstone (I still play the latter two).

Not that I'm that much different, and in no particular order:

1. Planescape: Torment: I'd have to reiterate the popular opinion regarding this game - it was a title that was way ahead of its time. When it came to games based off the ADnD rules, or even related to those rules, I can safely say that I liked all those titles (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights), but Planescape really stood out because of just how memorable playing the game was. I feel as if my favorites might change every now and then, but I doubt this one would ever leave the list.

2. Nier: This game had a lot of issues. The rendering is really subpar, and when you consider the time the game was released, having to play in a relatively boring environment can be a bit of a turn-off for a lot of people. I say about this game what I say about Drakengard 3: there's absolutely no point trying to play this game if you aren't already invested into the Drakengard series, but Nier is basically a poor man's version of Planescape (the irony is that Planescape is probably much cheaper to buy today): the characters are very likable, and you can be drawn into the story, and it helps the music is fairly catchy - it adds into the game a lot, to be honest.

3. Shadow of the Colossus: This game is also fairly unique, in that it plays like an action game, but each encounter is essentially a puzzle. The game itself is very short, but the world and the atmosphere are done so stupidly well. You really get a feeling that you're alone in your journey to fight each colossus, and while the game definitely lacks in the replay value, the 6-8 hours spent trying to get through the story really makes this title stand, and the soundtrack is superb.

4. Diablo II: This and Starcraft are definitely my favorite titles from Blizzard. I'm probably part of the minority that really liked Diablo III, but I still consider Diablo II the superior game - it felt more complete. Even today, I feel like Diablo II tends to influence how I pick out what titles I'm actually interested in playing, and it continues to be a part of my life, in some shape or form.

5. The Last of Us: Naughty Dog always made the coolest games - Uncharted and Jak & Daxter were really neat games, but The Last of Us was definitely the strongest title coming out of that studio. I guess I have a thing for games that draw me in through its atmosphere/setting and rendering, and the Last of Us did just that: it placed me in a fiction that I could feel myself play through. Also, Troy Baker is always nice to have in any game.

6. Persona 4: I've played through pretty much all the Persona titles, and a fair bit of the SMT series - Persona 4 was definitely there in gameplay, and while the game itself felt very silly at times, it's hard for me to say that there was ever a time where I felt like I was bored playing this game, even if half of my gameplay hours was spent trying to get the optimal set of skills for each Persona I was going to fuse.

7. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Duology: The series where my current set comes from, both games are what I feel best exemplify SMT as a whole: just a super dark and obnoxiously complex setting, and I love it for that. DDS is far from the perfect game, but when I consider all the SMT games I've ever played (Persona is excluded because it honestly does not feel like a typical SMT game), Digital Devil Saga feels like the pinnacle of the franchise.

8. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Definitely my favorite in the LoZ series, this was my favorite title when I was a lot younger, and played a lot of the other titles on this list. I guess I really enjoyed darker content, even as a child, and Majora's Mask was my introduction to the inevitable feeling of failure in a video game; seeing the moon fall on top of Termina was my least favorite thing to see, and when I eventually reached the end, the rewarding feeling of having cleared my first action game isn't really something I can put to words, but it felt fucking awesome.

9. Devil May Cry 3: Really, like, the rest of the series is mindless fun, but this game was just badass. 'nuff said.

10. Final Fantasy IX: I like the series as a whole, but I just considered this one my favorite title: I felt like 7 and 8 had more interesting mechanics to the gameplay, and at times I think the characters in other FF titles are definitely a lot more interesting, but 9 was what I felt like a Final Fantasy game really should be. 

Edited by Serph Sheffield, 25 February 2015 - 02:43 AM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

DemonHide

DemonHide

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTearing through the countryside

The The Game of Life board game. You find out later on that it's all true.

Auditto.N

Auditto.N

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I've been a gamer ever since I was a little kid and there are two games which are the most memorable to me

Persona 3 and Persona 4

Those are the best JRPG games and even now I still replay P3P and P4G, also can't wait for P5 this year!

görman

görman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

can't choose just one favorite game, but in terms of playtime... dark souls... played that far too long...

Xuan

Xuan

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUK

XD I don't want to go into detail and yeah I pretty much put these in to one, on top of that im really in to beet em ups, rpgs, adventure, puzzle, horror and all that good stuff (most things) 

Favorite counsel would have to be the Dreamcast hands down :D

1 - Pokemon soul silver ( gen 2, 3 & 4 my favorites)

2 - Resident evil 3 (1 & 2 also)

3 - Tetris

4 - Pacman

5 - Polarium (for gba)

6 - Final fantasy 12 & 4 ( also enjoyed the others but defiantly enjoyed these the most)

7 - Legend of Zelda (link to the past a favorite out of them but I like the others)

8 - Survival kids

9 - clock tower games (love them)

10 - chuchu rocket ( Dreamcast one )

11 - harvest moon (love love love love love)

XD I could have made this longer but yuppy XD but oviously some of these are super popular but they are for good reason and then you 

get the lesser played and my hear crys haha joke about the crying :D 

xuan_signiture___junjou_romantica_by_tam

LeturLefr

LeturLefr

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Town Of Duwang

1.Resident Evil 1,2 and 3 (oldschool RE ftw!)
2.DotA (My highschool memories~)
3.Yu-Gi-Oh!

4.Counter Strike 1.6 (oldschool again)

5.Tekken series

6.Digimon World 1 (I dont like digimon world 3 for some reason)

7.Gran Turismo 1 (My childhood along with psx Megaman X and Crash Bandicoot 1,2 and 3)

8.the psx Metal Gear Solid

9.Castlevania: Symphoni of the night (and Dawn+Aria of sorrow)
10.Devil My Cry 3 (especially the original one on Dante Must Die difficult-A boss fight that last for more than half-an-hour ftw! and that hell chess stage)

Also, Kuon (PS2) as a Honorable Mention (I wanted to mention DreadOut, but it's not [Finished] yet, it has some neat moments tho).

Edited by DjiwaPetualang, 23 March 2015 - 04:11 PM.

murakami

murakami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Dino Crisis. Still play it from time to time on Vita.