Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Crystal Tale

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
Time for a new part! Ugh, my buffer is running out...gotta keep the writing up...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I bit my lip any harder, I’d end up with a large chunk of soft flesh in between my bloody teeth...

I looked around nervously as I paced up and down the ladies’ dressing aisle. I can’t believe I’m doing this, I thought. Sure, sure. I’ll buy her a pair of pants and a sweater. A hat maybe; the weather’s cold but the sun is still fierce.

But I don’t know her size.

And this...

I picked up a pair of panties from one of the underwear boxes. A thin, semi-transparent little piece of fabric. Good lord, where did the innocent old days go...what the hell will the store clerk think with me waltzing out with this insubstantial little thing? Are there no normal panties anywhere, like, with some actual material to them!? And why in the world am I blushing...oh, god, I’ve become the pervert I’ve always warned myself for...

Lost in my own thoughts, I took a step backwards, to bump into a figure standing right behind me. She yelped, almost falling over, but regained balance quickly.

- “Ah!” I exclaimed, turning around. “I’m sorry! I was careless, I didn’t...”

- “No, it’s all right...I’m okay...it’s all right. You surprised me there, that’s all...”

- “Uh, yeah, I...”

She looked up at me, and no more words emerged from my mouth. My throat felt like it had frozen solid. She was about the same length as me, somewhat shorter, with black long hair tied in a ponytail down her back; only a few strands had loosened due to my push. But that was hardly what had caught my attention at first.

Those fountains of pure blue, as if they held answers to secrets yet unknown to man; two deep wells of sparkling gemstone color, monochromizing all the other color around...

Those were Crystal’s eyes.

She looked at me, and a shade of disorientation fluttered by her face. She then turned around.

- “Wait!” I said. “Wait, are you...do you know...?”

- “I’m sorry, I’m in a hurry”, she said, pacing away from me. I stood befuddled for a few seconds, before I followed her. On an impulse, I grabbed her arm, turning her around to face me again, while getting another look at her eyes. There was no doubt. They had to be related somehow.

- “Why the reaction? Do you know who I am?”

- “I don’t...I’m not…” She was stuttering. Bingo. She knew something, and I was going to find out what she...

- “Excuse me.”

There was a sudden, sharp pain in my left arm. I grunted in pain as I released my grip on her, my knees bending slightly, and turned around halfway to see a large burly security guard glaring down at me, who had spotted our little tussle and likely assumed the worst; his large hand had firmly grasped around my shoulder.

In my sudden flash of thoughts, I also noticed I was still tightly grasping the flimsy lingerie I had been looking at when I bumped into the woman.

This only freaking happens in comic books, I thought, holding back a growing sense of panic.

- “Is this man bothering you, ma’am?” he said in a deep bass voice. I flinched, fully expecting her to point me out as a molester or whatever just to get rid of me.

She only shook her head lightly. “It’s okay,” she said, notably a tad bewildered but still remarkably composed. “He merely mistook me for someone else. I’m fine.”

- “If you say so.”

He released his grip around my shoulder, his eyes lingering over me for a couple seconds, giving me an unmistakable “I’ve got my eye on you” look before he turned away and paced down the clothes aisle. I looked back at him until I’d made completely sure that he was out of sight. My mind was still racing, convinced that I had somehow avoided a situation of certain death. I then remembered what I had been doing.

- “Hey...I’m sorry about just now,” I said, turning around, “but I really have to ask you...”

She was gone.

I dashed around the corner of the clothes aisle, looking in either direction to spot her. I paced quickly through the clothing store, even throwing a glance outside towards the parking lot. She was nowhere to be found. It was as if she’d disintegrated into thin air.

UIqflpq.jpg

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
Ooooh, the plot thickens a bit.
Hee hee hee.
Moar!

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
The plot thickens...and gets crusty. ;o

UIqflpq.jpg

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
>.<

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
"Write drunk, edit sober." -- Ernest Hemingway

Sounds like good advice. I might just try it out, hey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My head was chock full of questions as my motorbike slowly putt-puttered on the road home. No, as if it hadn’t been enough with what had hit me lately already...all of a sudden, Crystal’s sister has to jump out of thin air to confuse my life even more. Because surely it must’ve been her sister? Or her mother, possibly? Or a very close relative...agh, that’s not the main problem right now!

Why did she run away from me?

Judging by that reaction, she must’ve known about Crystal. That I found her, that I currently care for her. Why else would she suddenly blush like that in front of a complete stranger? But then, wouldn’t she want to meet Crystal again, or something? Or was it all a big test?

I was so completely lost in my own thoughts as I missed the turn to my house and had gotten a good distance along the way before I realized what I’d done, and turned the motorbike around. Geez, nothing in my life makes sense anymore, I thought, jadedly, as I turned in towards my house.

At least I got her some tidy underwear. One of today’s missions accomplished.

As soon as my steps were heard over the garden, the gravel path crunching underneath my shoes, Tinny bolted out through the semi-open door and jumped up at me, barking happily. I crouched down to play with her, rubbing her belly as she rolled around on the gravel in front of me.

I then looked up towards my front door, with a sudden, creeping sense of dread sneaking in on me.

I didn’t leave the front door open...did I?

Full of worry, I sneaking up towards the front door and stealthily peeking inside.

- “Crystal? Are you here?”

No answer. The hallway was slightly chilly from the door being open. Motioning Tinny inside, I shut it closed and grabbed the shoe horn from the rack, praying silently that nobody was hiding in a corner of the house somewhere. I could feel my legs shaking slightly, and grit my teeth together as I tensed my muscles to make them stop.

- “Crystal?”

- “Mmmm...?”

- “Crystal, are you in here? Are you all right?”

- “Mmmm...”

I recognized her voice, but I wasn’t sure how to interpret those hums. Worse and worse scenarios played through my mind as I continued through the dark hall, shoe horn raised high.

- “Are you in the bedroom, Crystal?”

- “Mmmm...”

Was she tied up? Was she gagged, or sedated? That why she couldn’t speak? I nudged closer to the bedroom door. Scared witless of something possibly jumping me, I kept throwing glances around me as I came upon the door.

Slowly, I pushed it open, and peeped inside. Nothing. I opened the door entirely. Nothing, except for the familiar little shape lying in my bedsheets.

- “Oh...Crystal, were you sleeping...?”

- “Mmmm...”

She stretched lightly, rubbing her eyes in the dim light. My heart started to calm down, and I quickly hid the shoe horn behind my back before Crystal started to wonder what the hell I was doing. I was almost wondering myself. Seriously, what had gotten to me? I knew she was lying here sleeping.

- “Were you sleeping all this time?”

- “Mmmm.”

- “So you haven’t been outside or so? Or, um...did anybody come in? The door was open when I came home.”

- “I dunno.”

- “Ah...right. Well, I’m glad you’re okay.”

She smiled up at me. “Wouldn’t I be?”

I smiled back at her. The tight knot in my chest dissolved, freeing up my breathing.

- “Still. I’m just...relieved. Say, by the way”, I continued, placing the bag with her new clothes by her bed, “I met your sister at the mall today.”

- “I have no sisters.”

The reply came almost instantly. My mouth opened, and closed again. I stared weirdly at her for a few seconds.

- “Huh? But I saw...was it your mother?”

- “My mother’s far away...it can’t have been her.”

- “But then who...a relative?”

- “Have none.”

- “...hold up a second here...‘Have none’?”

- “It’s my mummy and daddy. That’s it.”

Once again, she’d turned my mind upside down. Stop asking, I thought to myself. Stop asking, because you’ll only receive more questions and you know it. Don’t let curiosity take the upper hand.

- “Yeah. Of course it is. Well, she looked an awful lot like you at least, but maybe I’m imagining things.” I’m gonna find out sooner or later, I thought to myself. If Crystal won’t tell me, I’ll get the answer, somehow or other. “Did you take a shower?”

- “...no.”

- “Ah. You should do that, though...it might help your cold.”

She didn’t answer. As I looked down at her, I saw her pull the cover up to her chest, looking down at her hands with a difficult expression. I crouched down by the bed.

- “Something wrong?”

- “I...can’t take a shower.”

- “Sure you can; I’m not using the bathroom for a while.”

- “No, I...can’t.”

- “Why? Um, you‘re not...allergic to water or something...?” I was half joking, however this sounded a lot more sane than I wanted it to, considering everything. But she shook her head.

- “I can’t...I can’t walk.”

- “You...don’t know how to?”

- “No, but my legs...are too weak.” She looked up at me with her soft gaze again. “The doctors called it ‘atrophy’...”

- “Oh, dear...” I laid a hand on her head, petting her slightly. “I’m sorry, Crystal, I had no idea...if you had told me sooner, I could’ve helped you around if you wanted to-“

A strange realization struck me in the gut.

- “So...you haven’t been to the bathroom since you came here...at all?”

- “Huh?”

I stood still for a couple seconds, and then looked down at the bed. Nothing. As dry and clean as it was when I put her in it. Good lord, I thought, is she some kind of robot!?

- “...uuuueah. Nothing...I guess. Um, I can...I can help you to the shower now. If you want.”

She smiled meekly at me. “Yeah...maybe that would be nice.”

UIqflpq.jpg

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
Hmmmm, so who was the other girl....
>Oo<
Hmmmmm

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022

WOOT HORN

WRITE ON

PLEASE

SUSPENSE

CLIFFHANGERS

NUUU

Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud