Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion Raws ,Till the end of the Rift 10(closed )

• Please log in to reply
4431 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
You're translating from a Phone? Uwah! Thank you for your hard work! xD

And yes, both Ran and Yuta got hotter. Leez got hotter too. So did Asha, art-wise. P: Heck the art was so nice, even Sagara looked hotter. D:

I don't think Shakun is already dead, that'd be too anticlimatic, but I do think that Gandharva may be giving up hope. :(

Good luck with the spamming contest, it's always the simplest-sounding contests that are the most horrific. ;_;

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Currygom said that Yuta x Leez and God Kubera x Leez will be neck to neck in season 2, but the real winner is Asha x Leez (not lesbian) *cough* because Asha is the one closest to Leez. xD

Really? Love triangle? I would be fine with either one, but I like Yuta x Leez a little better. BUT, how does one beat the human life expectancy thing? Can a god make a human immortal? Or at least extend their life?

A possible explanation of the sentence is that Leez realized that God Kubera had been manipulating her, and turned against him. In both Chapter 88 and Chapter 35, Leez seems to be threatening to kill God Kubera.

In any case, it will be Real interesting to see how it all unfolds, and how Leez learns of the truth.

Of course her future is going to continually change and she makes more decisions.

Yeah, I am with you! Can't wait to see how things play out. Especially:
  • How is Leez going to handle the fact that Yuta is a full sura, not a half.
  • How is Yuta going to react when he finds out that his brother destroyed Leez's village? And how is he going to deal with his love trying to kill his big bro.
  • Will former god Kubera be granted a new name?
  • Will Leez eventually become a god?
  • Will she have to die for former god Kubera to recapture his name?
  • Is he going to be punished by the primeval gods for what he did in the past?
  • What is going to ultimately happen to Asha?
  • And many more questions.
To tell you the truth, I don't like the second panel where Asha's name appears. It almost looks like someone is screaming her name. Maybe she is going to be badly injured or something?

Edited by MoonGoddess, 31 July 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Mh yes, the last panel's silhouettes to me resemble like adult Leez with long wavy hair and Asha with a new cape. Does that mean that the two of them remain together for some years? If not, who's the other person?
Posted Image

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Taraka http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Yuta

How is Leez going to handle the fact that Yuta is a full sura, not a half ? well MoonGoddess Yuta in not a full sura he is a Half Sura / Half Godling his mother was Kali

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Battradio, that was a spoiler... xD Well then again, if people are looking at the Season 2 raws, they probably looked at the rest of the raws too. :)

Actually, although Yuta's mother is Kali, it does seem that his nature is Sura. He is identified, even in his profile, as belonging to the Taraka clan. Did Kali assume a Nastika nature to give birth to him? Did she use some special method? We're not sure. I'm guessing Primeval Gods normally aren't supposed to be able to have kids with Sura, and we have no idea what Kali did. Another mystery! We may get a clue when we get a better translation of chapter 99, where it explains just what Kali did with the Taraka clan.

Macha, whatever happens, I think Asha will be the one to remain with Leez the longest. She's the one leading Leez around after all. The insights show that Leez will end up alone (save for God Kubera occasionally popping up as unwanted company). But whatever happens, I think Asha will be the last to leave. I hope she doesn't die. :(

MoonGoddess, I think the part with Asha was meant to be creepy. Remember the insight that Agni had on Asha waaaaay back? That sort of creepy.

Edited by Mizura, 01 August 2012 - 12:30 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
You know, it would be cool if Leez somehow gets all the powers that Kubera has and ends up being the only one able to open doors between realms. (My theory at the moment based on the last panel in the preview.) As for Kali, Yuta does share some of her powers, doesn't he? I guess being born from a Primeval god doesn't necessarily mean that he's half god since Primeval gods are supposed to be different from the Astika.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Actually, that's just it, Yuta seems to have a Taraka Sura's power, not a God's power, let alone a Primeval God's. Yuta can negate magic. His level seems to be stronger than Taraka's, since he was even able to negate Agwen's Hoti Brahma. However:
- He can't talk (Gods and Nastikas can talk, any Sura of Rakshasa class or below however can't talk)
- He can't use insight
- He can't change his age freely
- He can probably die
- He can't eat vegetables xD

Why Kali had Yuta is, in my opinion, one of the more fundamental mysteries of this story. She's a Primeval God, there's got to be more to it. Did she really just want a son? Or did she want to create a being stronger than all other creations, and assigned the Taraka clan as his caretakers? Or did she just have him to make a proper king for the Taraka clan for some reason? Questions, questions. I Think that in the later chapters she's saying that she can't see him again, but I'm not sure about that part.

Edited by Mizura, 01 August 2012 - 02:45 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts
Are you guys sure she is Kali? I thought she was "born" of Kali, not the goddess herself... Wasn't Chaos Kali's creation? I thought Yuta was half Chaos clan.

*confused*

MoonGoddess, I think the part with Asha was meant to be creepy. Remember the insight that Agni had on Asha waaaaay back? That sort of creepy.

Yeah... You may be right. Just what is her story!?

You know, it would be cool if Leez somehow gets all the powers that Kubera has and ends up being the only one able to open doors between realms. (My theory at the moment based on the last panel in the preview.) As for Kali, Yuta does share some of her powers, doesn't he? I guess being born from a Primeval god doesn't necessarily mean that he's half god since Primeval gods are supposed to be different from the Astika.

This may indeed happen. But then what happens to former god Kubera? Does he perish!? NOOOOO!

Why are they trying to kill Leez? Can former Kubera not regain his name as long as she has it?

Edited by MoonGoddess, 01 August 2012 - 03:10 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Huh, I assumed you read the summaries, whoops! My bad. Or, you did, but my summaries weren't clear enough. Well basically:

Spoiler

Sad eh? ;_; By the way, just so you don't get confused: the true name of the Chaos clan is the Taraka clan. Like the other Sura clans, it's named after its strongest (?). Basically I'm wondering if Yuta wasn't -somehow- created using the same mechanism as the Taraka clan, but with some sort of twist, because otherwise how can a Primeval God have a child with a Sura?

(basically don't ask me how exactly he was born, we don't know, it's one of those mysteries xD )

Edited by Mizura, 01 August 2012 - 03:13 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Huh, I assumed you read the summaries, whoops! My bad. Or, you did, but my summaries weren't clear enough. Well basically:

Spoiler

Sad eh? ;_; By the way, just so you don't get confused: the true name of the Chaos clan is the Taraka clan. Like the other Sura clans, it's named after its strongest (?). Basically I'm wondering if Yuta wasn't -somehow- created using the same mechanism as the Taraka clan, but with some sort of twist, because otherwise how can a Primeval God have a child with a Sura?

(basically don't ask me how exactly he was born, we don't know, it's one of those mysteries xD )

Yes, that is sad especially since Yuta grows up to be so delicious cute eye candy... Wait what was I talking about?

THANKS! I read your summaries, but I guess I didn't read it carefully enough.

What makes you think that a god can't have a child with a Sura? (Sorry, if I missed this in your summaries.)

Edited by MoonGoddess, 01 August 2012 - 03:20 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ah, it's not that you read wrong, it's just one of the more confusing parts of the story. @_@;; And oh yes distracting eye candy

Primeval Gods are a bit different but... Gods of Nature and Generational Gods (or whatever they're supposed to be called) at least can't have kids between themselves just because they want to. The existence of Gods is tied to a jurisdiction. No new God can be born unless a new jurisdiction comes into existence as well. This is between Gods. Gods can apparently have children with humans, but the child would not be immortal. (could use some confirming)

Basically the current reproduction chart is:
- Between Suras of a same species: yes.
- Between Suras of different species: apparently no.
- Between Gods: only if a new jurisdiction arises. (even then, we currently have no idea how it happens exactly)
- Between Suras and humans (Halfs of the same species, Quarters or Purebloods): yes.
- Between Gods and humans (Halfs of the same species, Quarters or Purebloods): yes.
- Halfs can only have reproduce among Halfs of the same species.
- Quarters and purebloods can basically reproduce with just about anything. O.o;;

Given the constraints faced by Gods, I find it doubtful that they'd be able to reproduce with Suras (and not just because they're enemies). Suras can't even reproduce with Suras of Different species. I suspect there may be a clash in powers or characteristics, or some other form of incompatibility, while humans are basically like blank canvas so anything goes with them. D:

Now, it is true that Primeval Gods are in a whole different class. Still, they are classified as Gods. Now, Primeval Gods created the whole Universe, and the species within them. The key word is they -create-, not give birth to. The power of a God is tied to a jurisdiction, so even if they do give birth to a Godling, it'd likely have to follow the rules of jurisdiction. As far as we can tell though, Yuta has no jurisdiction.

That and, I can't help but think that things would get really messy if the ones who created the whole Universe could freely give birth to their own kids. Kali is the Goddess of Chaos, so she may have found some forbidden way. The fact that Yuta is classified and is associated with the Taraka clan (Kasak said so too) rather than as half-God also seems to suggest that Kali had to find some special way, instead of giving birth normally to the son of a Primeval God.

(oh yeah, another characteristic of the Taraka clan: its voracious appetite. Yuta instinctively wants to eat anything that moves because of his Chaos side. But this Can't have been inherited from Kali's divine nature, since Gods don't need to eat. Well, Nastikas can replenish energy on their own, too, but they do seem to have a digestive system at least)

Edited by Mizura, 01 August 2012 - 03:43 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts
WOW! Thanks for all the info. Cleared up many things for me. You're the best! ^^

Well I am off to bed now. I will see you all again soon. Good night!

cryberry

cryberry

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Locationout and about
I am so excited about all of this. Next Tuesday will be the first chapter of the second season, right?

Yuta looks so...Kyah!

I am so for Yuta x Leez! But Kubera x Leez is also cute. omg. omg.

Laeiel

Laeiel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
Finally is going to start the new season!! How exciting! =D (I love the picture of Maruna in the preview... is so sexy xD)

I don't understand a thing: God Kubera ordered Gandharva to kill the human with the God's name (Leez), but she makes her choice and decided to live, so he's is going to protect her now, but still Gandharva and Sagara are trying to kill her (because it's an order of God Kubera), right? Because they have a deal: when God Kubera accomplish his objectives he'll help Gandharva to find his daughter and Maruna to find his siblings, for that reason they're destroying villages and cities (they want to kill Leez)... that's contradictory -.-

I think God Kubera doesn't want to regain his name, if that was his objective he would have killed her long time ago. Maybe killing Ananta had another consequences and he wants to correct them, what do you think of that? what are his objectives?

In the end everything will be Visnu's plan for some crazy goal and everyone will realize that they were manipulated by him (I will never trust again in characters all smiling with goodwill - I learned the lesson with Pandora Hearts... Jack broke my heart in so many ways...) The Primeval Gods are seeing everything from their pedestals and moving each character like chess pieces, specially Visnu. I'm sure it was him who tell Rao Leez to call his child Kubera, and maybe he's related with Asha's past (I think her revenge is against him) Considering all he has done (the Ian's village thing, Ian and Tak, Kasak, leave Yuta in the human realm, leave "his friends" in that hostile realm... even the cataclysm. In the first place, why create beings who will hate and kill each other -.-) I think he's the one behind all the history. That don't necesary means that he's the bad one, indeed there is no villain in the history, it's just that everyone have their own goals to accomplish and, in his case, his actions affect everyone else... to have so much power is really dangerous.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Hola! Que tal? :D Season 2 is bringing out new members! *happy* :D

But you're completely right about the central mystery of the series. God Kubera seems to be manipulating everybody involved in order to counter some "opponent", but we don't know why! This is actually why I like Kubera so much: it's like a mystery novel. Who's the culprit? What are the motivations? We certainly have a lot of dead bodies and missing people in the mix.

Visnu certainly is suspicious, especially after what happened in the finite. When I found out I was like "dayaaaamn." But you know, I really think there's a lot more than meets the eyes. By Chapter 99 we learn that there's something very fundamental about the "Name." I'm also curious as to why the story is set specifically now, with Leez as main character. The world of Kubera seems to be very large and with a huge history with a lot of major past events. For the story to be held Now, that means that the events to come must be really huge. And the title of the story sets off all sorts of alarm bells.

So anyway, you seem to be very well informed of the story already. For anybody who's confused though, I have a character graph:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/205/a/8/kubera_relationships_chart_by_white_heron-d4mjf87.png

Edited by Mizura, 02 August 2012 - 12:29 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Serendipity

Serendipity

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSeattle
God Kubera I think had his name stripped from him or is in the process of getting his name stripped from him. And Leez is the candidate to replace him. I think this is all caused from the incident where God Kubera apparently tricked and killed Ananta the strongest nastika. In one of the chapters Agni asks how the attack went to God Kubera and Kubera said the primeval gods were not pleased.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Kubera has been stripped of his name. Actually we don't know specifically why the Suras are hunting Leez, but it's linked to the Power of the Name (specifically, seems that the name in question is Kubera's, in regards to the Garuda siblings too) and to the fact that Kubera is practically stalking her.
Posted Image

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Kubera has been stripped of his name. Actually we don't know specifically why the Suras are hunting Leez, but it's linked to the Power of the Name (specifically, seems that the name in question is Kubera's, in regards to the Garuda siblings too) and to the fact that Kubera is practically stalking her.

I wouldn't mind if a hot god like him was stalking me. I wouldn't mind it AT ALL! :batoto_022:

Ahahahaa!

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Whoa, with Chrome's automatic Google Translate, I saw a comment in the trailer's comment section that theorized that perhaps, Sagara kidnaps Brilith.

Thinking about it, that's a scenario that'd make a lot of sense. D: Sagara could kidnap Brilith to force Agni to search for the one with the God's name instead: from her POV, Agni has an advantage in the human world thanks to his insight. He can identify the target, unlike Sagara's group.

The fact that Agni Does seem to know about Leez could lead to all sorts of conflicts. The trailer doesn't give the impression that Agni will fight Leez (NOOOO!!!), but... who knows? Is that the first step towards what the title implies? D: If so... aaaah!

3492bk6.jpg

Yasma

Yasma

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Well, we are led to see God Kubera as a part of enemy team based on his interaction with Sagara and Gandharva. But it might be just our limited view and his role is different. For example he might be a sort of game master who provides incentives and clues for both sides to play the game. Or maybe both possible outcomes (Leez lives or Leez dies) are beneficial for him in different ways?