Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

ToG MMORPG

Tower of god Mmorpg Naver Siu Baam Shinzo Tog

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

Skyrim was pathetic. Killing a dragon in one arrow.

And i dont use udk.
Im pretty sure you have to give profits.

You don't even need the arrow. All you need is say Hi! to it.
"Fus Ro HI!"

kfi6l.jpg

NooB.Ish

NooB.Ish

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts

There should be a floor where you battle MapleStory character as in the special release by SUI. This would be interesting

That'll never happen. Sorry for being blunt but if you guys make the game it'll be a direct competitor to maplestory, why would they try to enhance your game in anyway?

darkspark

darkspark

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Skyrim was pathetic. Killing a dragon in one arrow.

you haven't played it on master difficulty.

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Which would come to the part where it has calculated responses based on how people who act in that scenario.
Then you'd have to plan out a sequence of how it would react and eliminate or deal with problems

Sorry, I still have no idea what you're trying to say.

you haven't played it on master difficulty.

Think I've heard there's a loop with alchemy boosting enchanting-->enchanting boosting alchemy that lets you make an infinitely powerful weapon... but that is just a person ruining a game for themselves. Lots of games have god modes/are broken easily with a debugger.

There are legitimate complaints about Skyrim, though, like the inventory system or magical mountain horses.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
...WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TOG MMORPG NOT DISCUSS ABOUT HOW TO PLAY SKYRIM!!!!

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
He started talking about the worst gameplay i had experienced from something that was horrible gameplay.
That gives an example of what you dont want.
But then if someone actually becomes a ranker wouldnt they be all powerfull?.

43rdFloorGuardian

43rdFloorGuardian

Russet Potato

• tC Trainee
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
*nods* there would need to be a system of rules that inhibit how rankers would be able to interact with regulars... of course, since such a thing actually exists in ToG, I dont see that as a major issue; though working out the different ways they could interact in a lore friendly manner could be a nightmare (particularly as more TUS lore is revealed)

Edited by 43rdFloorGuardian, 17 June 2012 - 04:39 AM.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
As for Ranker, they are too strong right? Didn't we forget they got their own rank? We need to think out a way to do something for that? Like the Rankers have their own group (take Yuri for example), and to judge their strength we have to think about it, like making a smaller version of ToG but they existed like a monster hunting tower? Like Sword Art Online (manga) or normal RPG game-go kill monster and lvl up. That's one. Or making group and team death match? and bonus their EXP rate by doing Floor Ranker, conduct tests?

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
Well said.
In a few years ill finally finish this .Lawl

darkspark

darkspark

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

As for Ranker, they are too strong right? Didn't we forget they got their own rank? We need to think out a way to do something for that? Like the Rankers have their own group (take Yuri for example), and to judge their strength we have to think about it, like making a smaller version of ToG but they existed like a monster hunting tower? Like Sword Art Online (manga) or normal RPG game-go kill monster and lvl up. That's one. Or making group and team death match? and bonus their EXP rate by doing Floor Ranker, conduct tests?

for how the rank them give them scores. you should get points for level in skill like 30 swordplay gives you 30 points. if you also have the 20 spear you have 50 points. higher the score the high the rank. I do agree with giving them bonus exp for conducting tests, also they would have to be payed a considerable amount as well. when you said have a monster hunting tower did you seperate (as if something the rankers do) or as the tests themselves.

you talking about exp made me think, do we include capped levels or not? if we do there a good chance people will hack pass them and give themselves an unfair advantage so should we bother with it.

and if we're seriously going to try this can we start getting organised rather than just talking about. we need someone who knows korean to send a request to naver for copyright permission and we need programers, people with creative ideas, artists (i think), and anyone else who's need to make a game. if we make a demo we need ginee pigs to test it. while not right now futher down the line money (unfortunely) might come into play. I'm not trying to be a kill joy but if we're going to do this we need to start moving in that general direction.

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
Im thinking its not really based on a level system but skill levels.

Popohad

Popohad

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
Sort of a FF2 thing where you have levels in each discipline. You could use those levels and exp to buy skills and upgrades for that area. I think that pretty much a major idea of TOG is that you can progress a lot, almost infinitely. (I know there are potentials on the score cards but it takes thousands and thousands of years to reach those so I don't know if they are really that important) I think a system without hard caps would be the best.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

and if we're seriously going to try this can we start getting organised rather than just talking about. we need someone who knows korean to send a request to naver for copyright permission and we need programers, people with creative ideas, artists (i think), and anyone else who's need to make a game. if we make a demo we need ginee pigs to test it. while not right now futher down the line money (unfortunely) might come into play. I'm not trying to be a kill joy but if we're going to do this we need to start moving in that general direction.

Nice, but we are all already discussed that.
Hey

Im thinking its not really based on a level system but skill levels.

You stay in Seoul right? Can you do the job?
>3< :batoto_024: :batoto_024: :batoto_024: :batoto_024: :batoto_024: :batoto_024: :batoto_024:

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
Depends. Problably . Contacting naver i suppose?.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
...I think it's the best to write a formal letter before call. then you can meet face to face.
I never try doing a Copyright stuff, I think we better check the procedure b4 doing it.
:batoto_030:

And we to ask some law people I suggest.
The end of the week I will try to get the answer. I know a lawyer btw.

Amethyst14

Amethyst14

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
(i dont know much about this stuff)

Even a good flash rpg takes years to make, like the free ones you can find out there (wish there were a TOG one.)

I like TOG of course but I don't think its worth putting that much of one's life into to make such a huge thing that takes so many years to make and time and focus for a fantasy thing.

I remember various mangas I've liked and looked for a game for, and some people will suposedly be making one (of whatever variety) and then after a while, years, the developement is just abandoned (I think Claymore comes to mind?). Or even go look for a Bleach browser game and try a few and its like whatever.

Probably not my thread to post in since I've tried some games and either not liked how they were functioning or found that such focus has to be put into playing it, it seems like slavery, and the atmosphere gets similar with how players interact (in crappy ways) and power players stomping the weak and real money to buy things, or games with a few things to do at a time, log on every hour (slave), or .... okay, guess its not my thing after trying some, I'll just keep listing more turnoffs.

I like rpgs where either its just me on the computer or its some people I know in a room like doing DND or a fantasy card game. I don't get the kind of internet games and the time put into them and the way people end up acting on them, plus TOG is like, so easy to fail rather than win maybe I have hard time envisioning how it would work and not just be yet another repaint of one kind of game or another already out there on the internet.

/end clueless post? ha.

edit: oh yeah, I like hacked rpg games, like, some more str now, some more hp, some more pts, some more money, = good. hahaha.

Wonder if it would be possible for each player, they are kinda the main character or they can have better and if other players are there, each one somehow has 2 versions, so the player plays better and interacts with lesser of others? not sure how.

Edited by Amethyst14, 19 June 2012 - 03:36 AM.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back

(i dont know much about this stuff)

Even a good flash rpg takes years to make, like the free ones you can find out there (wish there were a TOG one.)

I like TOG of course but I don't think its worth putting that much of one's life into to make such a huge thing that takes so many years to make and time and focus for a fantasy thing.

I remember various mangas I've liked and looked for a game for, and some people will suposedly be making one (of whatever variety) and then after a while, years, the developement is just abandoned (I think Claymore comes to mind?). Or even go look for a Bleach browser game and try a few and its like whatever.

Probably not my thread to post in since I've tried some games and either not liked how they were functioning or found that such focus has to be put into playing it, it seems like slavery, and the atmosphere gets similar with how players interact (in crappy ways) and power players stomping the weak and real money to buy things, or games with a few things to do at a time, log on every hour (slave), or .... okay, guess its not my thing after trying some, I'll just keep listing more turnoffs.

I like rpgs where either its just me on the computer or its some people I know in a room like doing DND or a fantasy card game. I don't get the kind of internet games and the time put into them and the way people end up acting on them, plus TOG is like, so easy to fail rather than win maybe I have hard time envisioning how it would work and not just be yet another repaint of one kind of game or another already out there on the internet.

/end clueless post? ha.

You have several good points in there. I don't think anyone in this thread has any "real world experience" in making video games (correct me if I'm wrong).

So before anyone contacts any sort of legal professional (lawyer) or Naver or SIU about this, please try creating your own material/software/models/art/content to build up experience in those fields before getting started on any large commercial project such as this one. Please.

It's nice to suggest ideas in a "wouldn't it be nice if..." scenario, but please don't tell me anyone is actually seriously going to try to make a game like this become reality without any sort of experience before hand.

Edited by Paper, 19 June 2012 - 03:43 AM.

Spoiler

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

You have several good points in there. I don't think anyone in this thread has any "real world experience" in making video games (correct me if I'm wrong).

So before anyone contacts any sort of legal professional (lawyer) or Naver or SIU about this, please try creating your own material/software/models/art/content to build up experience in those fields before getting started on any large commercial project such as this one. Please.

It's nice to suggest ideas in a "wouldn't it be nice if..." scenario, but please don't tell me anyone is actually seriously going to try to make a game like this become reality without any sort of experience before hand.

I've been programming for ~8 years, little of that was spent in games. Posted here hoping some other programmers would be lurking... but really, Paper is right-- there is no chance of doing something like this without lots of experience. From a few projects in my ~2 years of XNA/3d modeling experience, I can't stress how complicated things get before ever attempting to deal with security/networking/marketing/server architecture. If you can't create a vetted architecture before doing any code things are going to implode from complexity... sorry

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul

I've been programming for ~8 years, little of that was spent in games. Posted here hoping some other programmers would be lurking... but really, Paper is right-- there is no chance of doing something like this without lots of experience. From a few projects in my ~2 years of XNA/3d modeling experience, I can't stress how complicated things get before ever attempting to deal with security/networking/marketing/server architecture. If you can't create a vetted architecture before doing any code things are going to implode from complexity... sorry

I've been learning programming in my spare time as a side interest . I usually get stressed and confused which is why i do drawing to relax.
But it may be complicated but you shouldnt rush.

Oh and there's a naver office like half an hour away from where i live.
I saw it when i went out with my friends for lunch.

Edited by Arie Hon, 19 June 2012 - 07:58 AM.

Amethyst14

Amethyst14

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
It is a truly enormous task.

You have to make it your god idol you serve with true devotion for years and years and ... doesn't something seem wrong about that? for such a thing? it is real extremism, gotta be a huge sin waste. and even the time devoted into playing these games, some study showed kids are spending absurd amounts of time engrossed in these games, like they've been swallowed whole by them. I think the creation of such things goes way too far, serving such a thing to such an extreme extent. when I see these massive games and the companies and people so focused for so many years into making these things like it is some god they serve (tower of babel!) ? well that's how it seem to me.

edit:

also, if someone, a group of people!, have the intellect and will to make something this enormous, imagine if they put that into medicine, food, architecture, some science rather than a game?!

Edited by Amethyst14, 19 June 2012 - 02:46 PM.