Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

ToG MMORPG

Tower of god Mmorpg Naver Siu Baam Shinzo Tog

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

spikeyyy

spikeyyy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I hate to be the one who brings back reality into discussion, cause if u really want to make a TOG game best chance you would have is a modding. Going over the legal problems even a modding would require a well-made team with really good skills (in the case in which u actualy want the game to be wortwhile, not some dota halfassed modding). I dont know if im in a position to give advice, tough i have experience, but considering that no-one is getting paid, its work in free time the most the most important aspect is to make the team and take into account the time each of you have, the implementation part comes after. Anyway its good idea and good luck if u get it going

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts

Let's see, just make it 150 floor right? I believe we should:
1. Concentrate on making at least ~13 different test for each floor, as for Evankheel one it's >30. You must switch the game around randomly to let players get different test. And need an active Admin for each floor. They are the one who decide the games and the result or the training.
2. I know that making too many test is a big mess but yeah, anybody who have ideas for that, group them into groups and divide groups into chosen floor. Each group must done at least 2 floor.
3. IF YOU PLAN TO MAKE THIS REAL: We need to make a BETA and gather test ideas from tester.
4. THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT: Try to make a script to let random chosen players (ratio: read the P.S part, it's long.) to be an Iregullar. They will get random enhancement (It's random, you can't choose it). We need a special group to put an eye on those guys to make sure no hacking nor massacre-ing other normal player.
5. For the Zahard houses, the first 100 player will get a vote to choose 10 players to be the original house's head. They will be make like a Guild (Yeah we all know it's the same) and those guys go recruiting, (we can make this like Ragnarok online: You can have marriage and adopte babies), and bring their sons and daughter to go. Those lucky players got recruit from the start will get planned enhancement.(also read P.S) As for Iregullar got invitation from houses, we have to do something about this(plz reply by quoting) We can either make those Iregullar develope like Baam or Urek, or make them always offline in the online user list. You can't sent invitation when you go offline right?
And you CAN'T go in a house if you went to floor 13+ so we can solve the Irregullar's offline mode. ( I personnally don't think this is a good idea to go offline, tell me if something is better.)

As for Ranker system, they are: 1. NPC for not-so-important-floors; 2. The top (P.S: all there) players will be a ranker. (We can't do the 150 things right when we start, unless a guys after 1 or 2 years climbed up there so yeah he will be an Official Ranker.)
Yeah! We need a team to think about the possible enhancement for Rankers, Houses, Irregular, Positions, etc.

Ok, P.S time: (1k=1000)
RATIO and Top __ player who become Ranker:
100->500 pll:
-Irregular: 1:50
-Top 20.

501->2k+ pll:
-Irregular: 1:100
-Top 50.

5k+:
-Ir: 1:222
-Top 75.

Enhancement Plan:
Floor 1->15: Strenght Boost x2
15->20: Strenght Boost x1.5 (this is for fair-playing), Position's specialty x 2
20->40: Strenght Boost x 2, PoSpe x 2.5, House's special enhance x 1.5
40->75: Strenght Boost x 2.5, Speed Boost x 2, PoSpe x3, HoSpeEn x 2.
75->135: the same like floor 75 and DEF x 1.5 (meet stronger opponents) THIS IS THE HARDEST TIME YOU HAVE TO ENDURE then YOU WILL GROW!
135-> higher: All x 5, HoSpeEn x 7 and House's contract Power.

This totally blew away my mind. You are definately good in scheming and logic, like you said. :P

This could turn out to be an awesome game, to be honest. But if you don't manage to get it done, I'll be sad. So you'll have to comfort me with cookies. T_T

I hate to be the one who brings back reality into discussion, cause if u really want to make a TOG game best chance you would have is a modding. Going over the legal problems even a modding would require a well-made team with really good skills (in the case in which u actualy want the game to be wortwhile, not some dota halfassed modding). I dont know if im in a position to give advice, tough i have experience, but considering that no-one is getting paid, its work in free time the most the most important aspect is to make the team and take into account the time each of you have, the implementation part comes after. Anyway its good idea and good luck if u get it going

Dude, what you say is reasonable, but never mind that, you posted your one, only and first comment here, today, on this thread! Congarutalions and welcome to Batoto, the Land of Potatoes! GL & HF :)

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

darkspark

darkspark

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Let's see, just make it 150 floor right? I believe we should:
1. Concentrate on making at least ~13 different test for each floor, as for Evankheel one it's >30. You must switch the game around randomly to let players get different test. And need an active Admin for each floor. They are the one who decide the games and the result or the training.
2. I know that making too many test is a big mess but yeah, anybody who have ideas for that, group them into groups and divide groups into chosen floor. Each group must done at least 2 floor.
3. IF YOU PLAN TO MAKE THIS REAL: We need to make a BETA and gather test ideas from tester.
4. THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT: Try to make a script to let random chosen players (ratio: read the P.S part, it's long.) to be an Iregullar. They will get random enhancement (It's random, you can't choose it). We need a special group to put an eye on those guys to make sure no hacking nor massacre-ing other normal player.
5. For the Zahard houses, the first 100 player will get a vote to choose 10 players to be the original house's head. They will be make like a Guild (Yeah we all know it's the same) and those guys go recruiting, (we can make this like Ragnarok online: You can have marriage and adopte babies), and bring their sons and daughter to go. Those lucky players got recruit from the start will get planned enhancement.(also read P.S) As for Iregullar got invitation from houses, we have to do something about this(plz reply by quoting) We can either make those Iregullar develope like Baam or Urek, or make them always offline in the online user list. You can't sent invitation when you go offline right?
And you CAN'T go in a house if you went to floor 13+ so we can solve the Irregullar's offline mode. ( I personnally don't think this is a good idea to go offline, tell me if something is better.)

As for Ranker system, they are: 1. NPC for not-so-important-floors; 2. The top (P.S: all there) players will be a ranker. (We can't do the 150 things right when we start, unless a guys after 1 or 2 years climbed up there so yeah he will be an Official Ranker.)
Yeah! We need a team to think about the possible enhancement for Rankers, Houses, Irregular, Positions, etc.

Ok, P.S time: (1k=1000)
RATIO and Top __ player who become Ranker:
100->500 pll:
-Irregular: 1:50
-Top 20.

501->2k+ pll:
-Irregular: 1:100
-Top 50.

5k+:
-Ir: 1:222
-Top 75.

Enhancement Plan:
Floor 1->15: Strenght Boost x2
15->20: Strenght Boost x1.5 (this is for fair-playing), Position's specialty x 2
20->40: Strenght Boost x 2, PoSpe x 2.5, House's special enhance x 1.5
40->75: Strenght Boost x 2.5, Speed Boost x 2, PoSpe x3, HoSpeEn x 2.
75->135: the same like floor 75 and DEF x 1.5 (meet stronger opponents) THIS IS THE HARDEST TIME YOU HAVE TO ENDURE then YOU WILL GROW!
135-> higher: All x 5, HoSpeEn x 7 and House's contract Power.

reponse to 3: honestly I think that the irregular idea needs to be scraped because no matter how many people are watching that system will be hack and abused.
reponse to 5: If you make a Zahard and ten families idea then you need a different system than the vote system because it to open to abuse by people with multiple accounts and you could end up with everyone just voting for themselves. you be best saying the first, or leader of the group (as it been shown that group are needed to reach the top) to reach the 134 floor or the strongest in the first 100 players. If you do use this system their has to be a way to rebel and take the throne.

1: I think there should be game like the shinso punching game in order to make sure the player when/if they make ranker that they are of a certain standard so there isn't a piggy back effect and you end up with weakling rankers. Also puzzles that test intelleince same reasoning,
2: an group aspect that allow you to make peace with your enemies or betray your allies.
3:If there is 13 test per floor I think that the testies should only be give 4 or 5 so the tests are harder to perdict and you can't get through because of before knowledge.
4: The bribing or maniulation of test officals should be possible as well. but you can't buy your way the whole way through a test only give yourself an advantage, and it should be costly.
5:Free gear, you know, real basic crap that gives you only a little advantage.
6: the floor of test should probably be like skyrim/obivion with the intro were your character is designed.

I don't know how to program or anything but i'm pretty good at coming up with idea for stuff. these are only suggestions though.

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Well, if it's going to be a topdown tiled game, anyone can use this base icon I've made for my old game (The real icon is bigger).

Posted Image

Edited by LaFa, 14 June 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Cascascap

Cascascap

Potato

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location20th Floor
Wait 7 years and im going to be system ingenier :D
I would love help to create a game, even if my job is boring as hell like create an entire floor structure ( i hope SIU dont mad for this xD)

Edited by Cascascap, 14 June 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

I don't know how to program or anything but i'm pretty good at coming up with idea for stuff. these are only suggestions though.

Brainstorming is awesome and encouraged, but when you get down to pruning and translating ideas to code often there are just things that without experience in programmer you couldn't think of/realize were the core issues.

I highly encourage taking up some courses at Coursera.org / Udacity.com (because computer science is *awesome* @_@) if you've got some spare time... and kinda abstract diagrams of systems help a lot without needing much knowledge of code, such as this (sans swim-lane diagram partitions):
http://i.imgur.com/77Gf5.jpg

I'm willing to at least do the A.I. if a group for this ever emerges.

Well, if it's going to be a topdown tiled game, anyone can use this base icon I've made for my old game (The real icon is bigger).

Posted Image

...for some reason I can't stop staring at this. Did you make your own sprite sheets? Any good tools for something like that?

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Brainstorming is awesome and encouraged, but when you get down to pruning and translating ideas to code often there are just things that without experience in programmer you couldn't think of/realize were the core issues.

I highly encourage taking up some courses at Coursera.org / Udacity.com (because computer science is *awesome* @_@) if you've got some spare time... and kinda abstract diagrams of systems help a lot without needing much knowledge of code, such as this (sans swim-lane diagram partitions):
http://i.imgur.com/77Gf5.jpg

I'm willing to at least do the A.I. if a group for this ever emerges.

...for some reason I can't stop staring at this. Did you make your own sprite sheets? Any good tools for something like that?

Yep. I made this from scratch.
I didn't use any particular tools though. If I had to name one, I just used BYOND's Dream Maker.
Spoiler

Edited by LaFa, 15 June 2012 - 02:12 AM.

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
The fun part of this is that i already thought of making this as an mmorpg.
Right now im still considering different possibilitys of gameplay.
Lets say if i finish the game with a 3d environment and launch a beta test , i would need to collect a pool of players who would be willing to do a mass beta test together on floor 2 of the tower. Then comes the part where you have to make different tests for the level because not everyone can take the same test.
The best way would be to ask SIU for permission to create a game and show him what you've already done so that he can make sure the game wont degrade tower of god if it's not well done.
Its unlikely that you'd simply clear floor after floor and continue on.
As for progression of floors it'd likely be someone like the Guild wars 2s personal story. ( Note that this is subject to change possibly ).
By completing a floor you gain access to the next . You can have a team of friends or party members to help you along .
Access to different floors means different areas to explore and a higher difficulty level . You're likely spend time going to train after that before straight away attempting the test because it requires points.
Letss say you can so called pick up a job which could actually literally be you working in an ingame shop for a period of time to earn money or points.
Or you could go out hunting for creatures like white steel eals to get their meat and sell them to different restraunts.
Movement in the gameplay Would likely be a wasd Setting with your mouse acting as where you aim.
How about instead of A so called button mashing your skills . Where you point your cursor and aim at actually makes a difference with your actions and attacking vital areas.
Wed have to make sure the game would be smooth enough to run with dodging evasion and different techniques and equipment still being in high quality.
Then as for proffesions in a game you could very well learn blacksmithing to create your own weapons or possibly work in the gong bang to create weapons?.
Of course in the beta test itd be likely that only one floor ( Floor 2 ) would be realeased for testing since the environment would be large and would need proper work to ensure no bugs.
The point of having evasion and dodging instead of tanking is extremely simple in the sense of logic where one would not simply wait for a giant hammer to slam into their face.
Wounds would occur if that were to happen but in a logical sense healing wounds would have to come into action. There would have to be consequences such as injury's that might take money to heal.
It would generate negative feedback but when you consider that the mmorpg is meant to be in a realistic sense its possible.
Of course we can consider the viewpoint of using shinsoo to heal though.

Edited by Arie Hon, 15 June 2012 - 03:21 AM.

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Yep. I made this from scratch.
I didn't use any particular tools though. If I had to name one, I just used BYOND's Dream Maker.

Spoiler

That's pretty cool!

I'm pretty bad at 2d stuff but I've been working at 3d modeling a bit with Maya (and Terragen for land/skyboxes when I was working on a game). Really looking forward to cheaper 3d printers~

@Arie Hon:
I think it would be interesting to frame everything as a tower pre-Zahard. Basically trying to design Guardians/natives/tests around the functions of the positions that eventually emerged... mainly light bearer/scout, since they don't have analogues in modern games (e.g., wave controller = mage, anima = druid/pet owner, etc.).

It would be interesting to pit the entire community against some sort of behemoth (perhaps admin controlled..?) for access to new and better realms. Restricting the ways you can travel from level to level, and the amount of resources that exist to see how quickly it would take for people to form exactly the kind of oppressive control structure of the ToG universe. Perhaps irregulars would be admin-played as well, to shake things up.

In regards to legality, as long as the game is not for-profit, and is not in a competing market with a market with a product by the producer (e.g., making a Mario game, or a very similar ToG webcomic in the same universe) precedent says the company won't care and treats it as free publicity.

Also, whether you have fair-use depends on whether the content is copyrighted or trademarked, in U.S.ian law, at least. No idea what Korean law is like.

Using the setting instead of the story is also probably a good idea, having the world of ToG without having... a Baam/Koon/etc.

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul

@Arie Hon:
I think it would be interesting to frame everything as a tower pre-Zahard. Basically trying to design Guardians/natives/tests around the functions of the positions that eventually emerged... mainly light bearer/scout, since they don't have analogues in modern games (e.g., wave controller = mage, anima = druid/pet owner, etc.).

It would be interesting to pit the entire community against some sort of behemoth (perhaps admin controlled..?) for access to new and better realms. Restricting the ways you can travel from level to level, and the amount of resources that exist to see how quickly it would take for people to form exactly the kind of oppressive control structure of the ToG universe. Perhaps irregulars would be admin-played as well, to shake things up.

In regards to legality, as long as the game is not for-profit, and is not in a competing market with a market with a product by the producer (e.g., making a Mario game, or a very similar ToG webcomic in the same universe) precedent says the company won't care and treats it as free publicity.

Also, whether you have fair-use depends on whether the content is copyrighted or trademarked, in U.S.ian law, at least. No idea what Korean law is like.

Using the setting instead of the story is also probably a good idea, having the world of ToG without having... a Baam/Koon/etc.

More or less im in the perspective of making the so called mmorpg succesfull.
I would want to ask SIU for permission's and rights because there would be no way i can simply support a massive game should it become that on my own.

Edited by Arie Hon, 15 June 2012 - 04:39 AM.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
I think you should direct your questions to NAVER instead as they should be the copyright owner.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul

I think you should direct your questions to NAVER instead as they should be the copyright owner.

Fairly logical. Im right now more concerned with character models and if i should create player npc's (Ai's) as extra competitors if there arent enough people.

Nicholas Awakuni

Nicholas Awakuni

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
Yes... just yes. The world needs this game.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

Yes... just yes. The world needs this game.

...you are Azuki Miho II? We are seriously speaking about this, not the needs of the world since it's too obviously. We need:
1. Ideas for the Game.
2. Copyright issue.
3. Technical and Financial Issue.
4. think, we need to think how to support and export and advertise (if financial and copyright issue is solved!)
anyway,
Should we make a Bonus game together with MMORPG main ver? the name's "ToG: The Outer part's Law."
You still sign in with your TOG RPG account, but this center more in Fighting and Death Matchs, we do PvP and PK here. Also getting money is from here too.

@Nicholas: sorry if I offended you since you are new, but try to make a better post s'il vous plai^t.

Nice, but I AM good at Brainstorming AND have some knowledge about computing. I'm a computer nerd, at least 5h a day on my laptop.
I can do a Group-Supervisor or divide and making teams, more like a manager... hehe.
Seriously, but we need either to form our own company for this or join an existed and GIANT game industry.

But anyway, WE NEED THE COPYRIGHT AND A WAY TO GET MONEY!!!

Spoiler

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.
I can't add any more ideas, as yours, people, are already amazing.
All I can do is give the following advises:
1. No premium items: It will make the gamers hate it, because people who pay for an, let's say, Colorless december replica would own the gamer who has only the SS class weapon that can be bought with test points (TOG's currency).
2. Free2Play FTW? Nope, sorry. It would be better to sell it in a logical prize (20 $ per piece) than give it out free. Free is sometimes more expensive than bought.
3. Try to add something original. Like terrace destruction. Like walls breaking, floor cracking, even digging a hole with an attack blast. (In other games, you can incinerate a level 100 demon, but you can't break a rock with the same spell to get a piece of gold?! WTF?!) It would add an air of originallity in the game, but don't over do it or the regulars would constantly fall into craters. (Also, it might make the game 10 GB bigger, but oh well!)
4. I think that keeping the heads of the 10 families as they are is a good idea. Just let the gamers create their own families, in case they don't want to be part of the NPC ones. Let them create their own contacts with the guardians too! (Something like the Ironman contact)
5. Make it with the same love you are showing right now :) ! It will be a success then.
(Sniff... Too bad I don't have the computer skills to help in this project... I am still a noob... WAAAH!)
(6. In case of a 3D release, try to add jumping and moving lips. It would add a nice tone to it.)

kfi6l.jpg

Tristus

Tristus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany
Well i dont want to destroy your dreams but:

it would be the worst game ever. The spirit of ToG is that you can never go straight forward, its always tricky and even best strategy dont help. I make an example of 2th Floor first test (it was most easy test):

-there is 400 people on the same map.
-they should fight until there is only 200 (everybody would fight blindly)
-then they should make teams
-there are people who play with friends, they will surely make teams but
-if you play with 3 other friends, the fourth should find a new team
-if one of your friends die, its over you need to find a new member
-and worse he needs to start from the beginning
-it should be so that you cannot make your character, you get random values, its awesome but, many people would get angry get they cannot play fisherman (like Rak :D )

Well i think they would have about 50 teams a la 3 member -> 150 alive
than we have the test of time, that you dont know anythink and go and try a door, something like that wouldnt work. The first team would send messages over chat.

I would like to make a Multiplayer RPG (not massive) and only develop engine so that could be work as P&P games, I hope you know how P&P games work

The Storyteller take over the role as Ranker/Ruler and make rules of test and the other make their moves according to their character sheets.

If someone has interest and knowlage, I study informatics (and writing mangas :D ) I would happily help. We can even send it to SUI. But it has to be something serios. I ve not much time and I cannot teach how to make simpliest thing.

I will think about it, maybe i can make a "Batoto Forum version of TOG"

wish you a nice day
Tristus
Spoiler

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back

I can't add any more ideas, as yours, people, are already amazing.
All I can do is give the following advises:
1. No premium items: It will make the gamers hate it, because people who pay for an, let's say, Colorless december replica would own the gamer who has only the SS class weapon that can be bought with test points (TOG's currency).
2. Free2Play FTW? Nope, sorry. It would be better to sell it in a logical prize (20 $ per piece) than give it out free. Free is sometimes more expensive than bought.
3. Try to add something original. Like terrace destruction. Like walls breaking, floor cracking, even digging a hole with an attack blast. (In other games, you can incinerate a level 100 demon, but you can't break a rock with the same spell to get a piece of gold?! WTF?!) It would add an air of originallity in the game, but don't over do it or the regulars would constantly fall into craters. (Also, it might make the game 10 GB bigger, but oh well!)
4. I think that keeping the heads of the 10 families as they are is a good idea. Just let the gamers create their own families, in case they don't want to be part of the NPC ones. Let them create their own contacts with the guardians too! (Something like the Ironman contact)
5. Make it with the same love you are showing right now :) ! It will be a success then.
(Sniff... Too bad I don't have the computer skills to help in this project... I am still a noob... WAAAH!)
(6. In case of a 3D release, try to add jumping and moving lips. It would add a nice tone to it.)

I'm not criticizing your points, just adding on to them per se.
So let's go down the list, shall we?

1. Of course, no premium items (would be too unbalanced). I would think that such "extra-curricular" items (like Pre-Ordered, or bought in game, etc.) should be balanced, and either found in game or be re-skins of other items. Look at how Team Fortress 2 does that, for example.

2. I believe the Free2Play idea was mine, and I was joking. The joke was that the game was free and featured near-permanent death, such that your first "life" was free and that any additional "lives" had to be bought with money. This is a horrendous idea, don't take it seriously.

3. Originality is necessary for this game to compete with all the other games out there. But we're not playing Red Faction here; fun game, wrong genre. I don't think destruction is all that necessary in every game.

4. So basically, "Families" take the place of Guilds and Clans; same purpose, different title.
Contracts would be a special sort of achievement, if you will. Like you could get the basic one by default, but better contracts require certain standards to be met, that are much more difficult to obtain but the rewards would balance the risks.

5. Considering the actual amount of time it would take to add all these gameplay elements to the mix, I'd say it'd take several years for a quality game. If anyone is actually serious about going through on this, I would suggest they find a good game engine (Unreal could work, look up "UDK"), and grab a couple books on programming (C++ and Java are the most commonly used) and get learning as early as possible.

6. Not really much to add to that. In fact, adding such things would be assumed in a quality 3D game, unless you pull it off in an interesting manner that does not detract from the experience.
Spoiler

darkspark

darkspark

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Well i dont want to destroy your dreams but:

it would be the worst game ever. The spirit of ToG is that you can never go straight forward, its always tricky and even best strategy dont help. I make an example of 2th Floor first test (it was most easy test):

-there is 400 people on the same map.
-they should fight until there is only 200 (everybody would fight blindly)
-then they should make teams
-there are people who play with friends, they will surely make teams but
-if you play with 3 other friends, the fourth should find a new team
-if one of your friends die, its over you need to find a new member
-and worse he needs to start from the beginning
-it should be so that you cannot make your character, you get random values, its awesome but, many people would get angry get they cannot play fisherman (like Rak :D )

Well i think they would have about 50 teams a la 3 member -> 150 alive
than we have the test of time, that you dont know anythink and go and try a door, something like that wouldnt work. The first team would send messages over chat.

I would like to make a Multiplayer RPG (not massive) and only develop engine so that could be work as P&P games, I hope you know how P&P games work

The Storyteller take over the role as Ranker/Ruler and make rules of test and the other make their moves according to their character sheets.

If someone has interest and knowlage, I study informatics (and writing mangas :D ) I would happily help. We can even send it to SUI. But it has to be something serios. I ve not much time and I cannot teach how to make simpliest thing.

I will think about it, maybe i can make a "Batoto Forum version of TOG"

wish you a nice day
Tristus

I have to disagree with you, i think it would be class if it is made right. we don't have to use the test that SIU came up with we could use different tests more suited to a MMORPG. what's more you could choose you're class and that would give you benefit using that class, eg: fisherman would get a sword boost.

also more ideas:

1: allow people the ability to chat and trade (either for points or items), there should be no rules for this so people can barter within the game. also people to threatan each other, "give me that weapon or i take it from your corpse". that said this should only possible at certain times, like in tests. if you randomly decide to take someone's weapon/item/etc in a other place like a dorm or a shop, you can tell a ranker (a player) and if they care they'll help you or some other offical who will try take it back. note: this system favours the strong i know, that happens in TOG alot and it will make people think more about who they'll fuck with.

2:Rankers should get a well paid job (in comprassion to when they we're regulars) grantined and work their way up the ladder. They should also be allow to choose an area for their job, testing, fighting in an arena (let's face it we need an arena), teaching/training and any other jobs areas we come up with.

3:With all the time and effort that going to go into the making of this game, running costs, updates, hired programmer (we'll need them to keep it running) and other thing, making it free will be an impossible dream; even with ads. You can try soften up naver by offering them a cut of the profit; that will probably make it easier to get permission. this point isn't trying to convince you away from it; it trying to add realism to the idea and show you that this will not be easy.

back to game ideas:
4: a bit of a touch and go idea but living costs, to encourage people to level up faster and get to higher floors.

5:have races (gentic, not running races) with different specialties and costumantion (if that the right word), lets you change your apperance at the beginning. on higher floors only: cosmetic surgery to change race, gender (not so sure if that should be included), and other characteristics.

6: the ability to challenge people for position (maybe just for rankers) for jobs like ruler.

7: what about rooms (units for shinso)? raised with level or what?

8: finally high rankers. the top 1% of ranker that gain special advantages like floor ruler job, if vacant or you can challenge the current ruler of the floor you desire.

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
Right now im busy thinking of an AI with enough calculated responses to players in the test.
Most likely the second floor will consist of Ai competitors and some players.
Most likely you'd team up with the players and do your tests.
From the third floor onwards it would start to get easier but of course you'd still need to train.
As per ToG Info. Should you choose to have more rooms of shinsoo they would have less surface and mass. Vice versa for different things.
Contracts with guardians wont be so random. You would have to impress the guardian with something you did in your test like killing a white steel eal when you're on the third floor or something. Contracts get better as your level progresses. Equipment would still possibly be forged with techniques from the gong bang.
AT higher levels you could go there and request for them to forge a weapon for you if they deem you worthy.
You would then have to gather the materials.
During the forging process the weapon's stats would be randomized from a set scale. IF it were all extremely high grade items you could have a 35% chance for a B+ 55% for an A and 10% for a S-.
Lets not forget about Compression and ignition weapons though.
Forging them could be completely random or you might need special requirements and items.
In the starting of the game due to lack of rankers , the second floor's administrator's would likely be NPC's. Secondly they would tolerate no misbehaviour.
I'd count the second floor as a tutorial level.

Danurai

Danurai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 262 posts
I would like to see a bit more action in a ToG game rather than a flatout MMO, maybe throw in a little bit monster hunter in there, although It feels like it would need to be fast paced so because of that I say God Eater style, except as an MMO, with ToG characters within a ToG world. S4 League might be another good example of the gameplay I'd like to see in a ToG game.

"I am indifferent and If I have become evil, then it is what the tower has made me" -Twenty-Fifth Baam

baamtheking2.jpg