Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

ToG MMORPG

Tower of god Mmorpg Naver Siu Baam Shinzo Tog

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Fejknickarn

Fejknickarn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationKyoto, Japan
Does anybody else think that a Tower of God MMO could be one of the greatest games ever? I'm not naive enough to expect it to even be concidered until a far away future but I started thinking about it and it just sounds like an awesome game. You'd start as a regular, take tests with other players to climb the tower to become a ranker. If you fail tests after the floor of test you'll have to pay for retaking the tests and if you run out of money you'll have to do some work on the floor you're at for example. Once you become a ranker there are so many possibilites on how to continue the game, keep continue building your strength while competing for better jobs like in the tower, get money and work on upgrading your inventory with better items, prove yourself and try to get into different families/organisations for their contracts or perhaps create your own faction (the combat system would be one of the most complicated ever but if done right it could be really great).
Of course it would depend alot on how SIU develops the story from now on since we have limited info about everything but I would just hope that some gaming company considers the idea when the story is nearing it's end. It is unlikely that this will ever happen since I've never hear of manga/manhwa MMOs but ToG just have infinite possibilites and a great setting for it so I figured I'd put it out and see what others would think about it ;).
here

It's always fun to speculate and discuss, so let me hear your opinions and add some ideas that would make it a great game.

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
iv thought about this sooo much, the battle system will be like TERA online or Guild Wars 2.
i wish they will make one but i dont think that will be happening, and if they do make one i think i would be disapointed on how it came out.
i wish it to like TERA online and Guild Wars 2 combined = best mmorpg EVER :D

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

Does anybody else think that a Tower of God MMO could be one of the greatest games ever? I'm not naive enough to expect it to even be concidered until a far away future but I started thinking about it and it just sounds like an awesome game. You'd start as a regular, take tests with other players to climb the tower to become a ranker. If you fail tests after the floor of test you'll have to pay for retaking the tests and if you run out of money you'll have to do some work on the floor you're at for example. Once you become a ranker there are so many possibilites on how to continue the game, keep continue building your strength while competing for better jobs like in the tower, get money and work on upgrading your inventory with better items, prove yourself and try to get into different families/organisations for their contracts or perhaps create your own faction (the combat system would be one of the most complicated ever but if done right it could be really great).
Of course it would depend alot on how SIU develops the story from now on since we have limited info about everything but I would just hope that some gaming company considers the idea when the story is nearing it's end. It is unlikely that this will ever happen since I've never hear of manga/manhwa MMOs but ToG just have infinite possibilites and a great setting for it so I figured I'd put it out and see what others would think about it ;).
here

It's always fun to speculate and discuss, so let me hear your opinions and add some ideas that would make it a great game.

Japan? I came to Kyoto last year, don't know if we met?
Anyway can you make a game for this?

That's one but I can help the plotting...I'm good at scheming and logic.

Icurus

Icurus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
Best bet, is to mod the upcoming elder scrolls mmoRPG like people tried with bleach and morrowind (I believe). Make the whole game one floor in the tower n change out characters and skill graphics/names to match

If it got popular you could make different mods to act as different floors but to program the entire tower, with every floor as large as north America would kill too much hd space

Edited by Icurus, 14 June 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back
I could see this becoming an MMO, if and only if death in-game had serious consequences. Maybe the "respawn time" would be astronomically long (like a day or so). Reason I suggest this, is because the larger the consequences the better the psychological effects on the player base. Suddenly getting betrayed and/or betraying others will make a major impact on who gets to proceed into the upper echelons of the Tower. Also, as is the case in ToG, after a player reaches past a certain floor they gain the ability to retake tests.

To make this idea easier to understand:
Player dies --> Must wait full respawn time (~1 day)
Player fails test below Floor 20 --> Must wait full respawn time (or possibly slightly less)
Player fails at or above Floor 20 --> Can retake test at failed floor, but there's a delay before they can retake it.
*Note: Player can spend test points (it'd be some gameplay element that someone else could define properly)
These test points can be spent to shorten the Test Retake Delay. However, default delay time would be considerably shorter than full respawn time anyway.

I don't know, these were just some ideas based on what we've learned thus far in ToG. I highly doubt an actual liscensed game would be made for it, but entertaining the idea is still... entertaining...

*Edit* And maybe even give players a negligibly tiny chance of being spawned as Irregulars. Statistically speaking it's like winning the lottery. Irregulars in this game though, would be the equivalent of having skills "outside of the game parameters" (Dot Hack, anyone?). Would be an interesting gameplay twist.

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 02:39 AM.

Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
Let's see, just make it 150 floor right? I believe we should:
1. Concentrate on making at least ~13 different test for each floor, as for Evankheel one it's >30. You must switch the game around randomly to let players get different test. And need an active Admin for each floor. They are the one who decide the games and the result or the training.
2. I know that making too many test is a big mess but yeah, anybody who have ideas for that, group them into groups and divide groups into chosen floor. Each group must done at least 2 floor.
3. IF YOU PLAN TO MAKE THIS REAL: We need to make a BETA and gather test ideas from tester.
4. THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT: Try to make a script to let random chosen players (ratio: read the P.S part, it's long.) to be an Iregullar. They will get random enhancement (It's random, you can't choose it). We need a special group to put an eye on those guys to make sure no hacking nor massacre-ing other normal player.
5. For the Zahard houses, the first 100 player will get a vote to choose 10 players to be the original house's head. They will be make like a Guild (Yeah we all know it's the same) and those guys go recruiting, (we can make this like Ragnarok online: You can have marriage and adopte babies), and bring their sons and daughter to go. Those lucky players got recruit from the start will get planned enhancement.(also read P.S) As for Iregullar got invitation from houses, we have to do something about this(plz reply by quoting) We can either make those Iregullar develope like Baam or Urek, or make them always offline in the online user list. You can't sent invitation when you go offline right?
And you CAN'T go in a house if you went to floor 13+ so we can solve the Irregullar's offline mode. ( I personnally don't think this is a good idea to go offline, tell me if something is better.)

As for Ranker system, they are: 1. NPC for not-so-important-floors; 2. The top (P.S: all there) players will be a ranker. (We can't do the 150 things right when we start, unless a guys after 1 or 2 years climbed up there so yeah he will be an Official Ranker.)
Yeah! We need a team to think about the possible enhancement for Rankers, Houses, Irregular, Positions, etc.

Ok, P.S time: (1k=1000)
RATIO and Top __ player who become Ranker:
100->500 pll:
-Irregular: 1:50
-Top 20.

501->2k+ pll:
-Irregular: 1:100
-Top 50.

5k+:
-Ir: 1:222
-Top 75.

Enhancement Plan:
Floor 1->15: Strenght Boost x2
15->20: Strenght Boost x1.5 (this is for fair-playing), Position's specialty x 2
20->40: Strenght Boost x 2, PoSpe x 2.5, House's special enhance x 1.5
40->75: Strenght Boost x 2.5, Speed Boost x 2, PoSpe x3, HoSpeEn x 2.
75->135: the same like floor 75 and DEF x 1.5 (meet stronger opponents) THIS IS THE HARDEST TIME YOU HAVE TO ENDURE then YOU WILL GROW!
135-> higher: All x 5, HoSpeEn x 7 and House's contract Power.

Pandora Bunny

Pandora Bunny

Potato

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationTeam Xia Xia
Lets do it guys, lets make the ToG game whether its an MMO or not well that depends :D we have a large enough community here at Batoto i'm sure if some of us don't already know how to program someone's friend could ;)

By the way the penalty system with respawn time sounds like a solid idea. The idea of grinding and working for money although it might add aspects would only apply to some floors it might have to be a different system that keeps players playing yet makes them want to stay some more value to the game other than just climbing the tower :D and each floor is a channel, and only guides know the way through the channels bwahaha man the ideas for a game for ToG would be endless and if it's well done might just be the most epic game ever!! Although I think that about some other mangas/shows that would be good games.

Something like guild wars where there are classes but that aren't necessarily set and team base system or solo for those Viole B@D@$$3S haha BEST GAME EVER!!! (LOL reminds me of how Gantz would have been the a perfect game).
Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

Something like guild wars where there are classes but that aren't necessarily set and team base system or solo for those Viole B@D@$$3S haha BEST GAME EVER!!! (LOL reminds me of how Gantz would have been the a perfect game).

We can try out the PvP or PK mode in the Outer Part of the Tower.
As for Guild wars... I believe it's not suite for the story. The fight is just between princesses in ToG. If you like team fight, there could actually be that type in tests or you can go team death match outside the Tower. ( I mean outside the floor.)

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
the game will take up alot of HD space, most mmorpg take up to 3 to 4 GB
if tog where made a mmorpg it will take like 30GB or more i think, and the download will take forever

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
Bonus: If we want to do this game OUT REAL, we must form a forum first that have a BIG chatroom and gather ToG fans from the worlds there.
We will form a special team with guys can online at least 16h/day and good at summarizing. They will summarize the ideas and sort them.
As for thinkers, we need to think about tests, enhancements.(At least 12 BIG BIG BIG group or 20 BIG BIG group OR 50 Group)
As for scripters, they do the scripting~
I'm sure that Fejnickarn is the boss... That's of course
For me, since I can't show my face, I can be a supervisor (hehe, need at least 3 of em) or a Roll-Giver... I'm pretty good at strategy when it comes to stuff like this.
Nice to meet everybody~
Anyway I can online at night (not always) at drrrchat.com. my nick normally is Kirarara!! Time you guy can meet me is about 4:30 PM to at least 10h PM, (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). We can chat there.

if tog where made a mmorpg it will take like 30GB or more i think, and the download will take forever

As for the GB, try to make it into many many parts. Your accounts have to done the first part b4 start the second and vice versa.
We need a strong white hat hacker at our side. :batoto_013:

and we need guys like Paper and me...LOL~

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

This is but one of the many things that come up in the early parts of the design process. In fact, I'm fairly certain that most of the content you are referring to (please correct me if I'm wrong) either has to do with the shear size of the ToG world and/or the amount of customization between player characters.

As for the levels themselves, I'd encourage you to take a look into some Development Kit(s) for games you may have played and take a look at some of the internal level design. Basically, if the player doesn't see it, it probably isn't there or being rendered.

Developers could make the world seem boundless while adequately balancing in performance and decreased HDD space. Take Borderlands for example, "bazillions of guns" was something they advertised and implemented well; now take aspects of that idea and implement the Tests in a similar fashion.
And what about EVE: Online? Implement the same sort of design (by this I mean how they created all those separate systems players visit) for dealing with the individual Floors.

In an RPG context you could suggest the class system as replicating Skyrim, in that players choose a race and develop class skills as they progress in level. In this sense, players begin classless and become proficient in one or more classes (by classes I mean Fisherman, Scout, Wave Controller, etc.) as they progress through the Tower no doubtedly gaining experience (literally).

---
The only actual problem I see with this idea are the legal repercussions. Good luck getting Naver to agree with your proposals.
Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

This is but one of the many things that come up in the early parts of the design process. In fact, I'm fairly certain that most of the content you are referring to (please correct me if I'm wrong) either has to do with the shear size of the ToG world and/or the amount of customization between player characters.

As for the levels themselves, I'd encourage you to take a look into some Development Kit(s) for games you may have played and take a look at some of the internal level design. Basically, if the player doesn't see it, it probably isn't there or being rendered.

Developers could make the world seem boundless while adequately balancing in performance and decreased HDD space. Take Borderlands for example, "bazillions of guns" was something they advertised and implemented well; now take aspects of that idea and implement the Tests in a similar fashion.
And what about EVE: Online? Implement the same sort of design (by this I mean how they created all those separate systems players visit) for dealing with the individual Floors.

In an RPG context you could suggest the class system as replicating Skyrim, in that players choose a race and develop class skills as they progress in level. In this sense, players begin classless and become proficient in one or more classes (by classes I mean Fisherman, Scout, Wave Controller, etc.) as they progress through the Tower no doubtedly gaining experience (literally).

---
The only actual problem I see with this idea are the legal repercussions. Good luck getting Naver to agree with your proposals.

As for the 30 GB, I don't really care, since we can do either like Paper's idea or mine. Or BOTH~
Yeah, the legal repercussions.....It's another problems...

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
If we're gunna be serious about making a game, you have a better chance of creating a card game (Irregulars are like Jokers, in rarity and usage) or some sort of board game. They'd be unofficial -- being fan-made of course -- so it could be do able without legal consequence, as long as it remains free and "open-source" (or whatever the actual legal term is, I know that open-source is not the correct term but it gets the idea across).

But these ideas are being put forth all in good fun, and I feel perfectly content with adding more suggestions and possibilities as they come to mind.
However, ignoring the legal side of things there's other things that would need to be taken care of considering the whole MMO idea. I believe there is an Extra Credits episode (found on the Penny Arcade main website under PATV) that deals with the main issues that most MMOs tend to suffer from.

Should I provide a link if anyone cares to investigate further?

*Edit* An additional idea (so as to stay on topic) for what could be done, would be to make a game similar to The Binding of Isaac. Take a look at that game; it looks like something that could be reworked/modded into something ToG-worthy.

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 04:16 AM.

Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
..Yes you should.
I'm really serious about making a game. However, we need a small "companies" to done this whole project, since this is a brain-breaker TROLL.
you should read towerofgod.wikia.com already right? So I guess you can get some ideas about cards and contracts. But I don't think card game is good one. People tend to like actions and fighting, not cards. (I can say shooting too~)

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

..Yes you should.

Well, here ya go. Your aren't going to like what you hear, probably.

I'm really serious about making a game. However, we need a small "companies" to do this whole project, since this is a brain-breaker TROLL.

Wrong. As you will undoubtedly learn from the video, and possibly from personal observation.
Not that it can't happen, just that it requires lots of money. Small companies simply cannot afford to take that kind of risk. It's just business sense (if I'm wrong, correct me).

But I don't think card game is good one. People tend to like actions and fighting, not cards. (I can say shooting too~)

It was just a suggestion, a less expensive and easier alternative. Sure it's not as fun, but equally not as risky.
---
Oh and by all means, please don't think I'm trying to be a dick and shoot down your enthusiasm. I'm not, I'm just trying to be realistic.

As I mentioned in my last post (as an edit), ToG could be made into a singleplayer game. In fact, if you really want to make it a game, you should first make it singleplayer as a proof-of-concept, and then expand it to multiplayer later if it works out.

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 04:35 AM.

Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

Well, here ya go. Your aren't going to like what you hear, probably.

Wrong. As you will undoubtedly learn from the video, and possibly from personal observation.
Not that it can't happen, just that it requires lots of money. Small companies simply cannot afford to take that kind of risk. It's just business sense (if I'm wrong, correct me).

It was just a suggestion, a less expensive and easier alternative. Sure it's not as fun, but equally not as risky.
---
Oh and by all means, please don't think I'm trying to be a dick and shoot down your enthusiasm. I'm not, I'm just trying to be realistic.

I know, but I mean that small "companies", I put companies in a " ", do you understand what I mean?
Furthermore, think about this: We can do funding like others website, but try to make VIP inside games, like private servers.
How do you think private servers stay for years?

also if you watch the vid', do you know Ragnarok online?
They got 40m of players and still stay the same and BETTER than Mapple Story. That's first, second THEY TEND TO MAKE PRIVATE SERVER TO EXPAND THE KNOWLEDGES~

As I mentioned in my last post (as an edit), ToG could be made into a singleplayer game. In fact, if you really want to make it a game, you should first make it singleplayer as a proof-of-concept, and then expand it to multiplayer later if it works out.

Good idea, but too...familiar, people who plays stuff like LIttle big planet and PS3 use that module a lot. We need to make something new.

New bubble: Let's make it like this:

ToG 1: 1->20
ToG 2: 20->60
so on...

try to mark the timeline of the webtoons AND the game the same. Like this...
BUT we need the webtoons to end...and that's a pain in the ass....

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

I know, but I mean that small "companies", I put companies in a " ", do you understand what I mean?
Furthermore, think about this: We can do funding like others website, but try to make VIP inside games, like private servers.
How do you think private servers stay for years?

also if you watch the vid', do you know Ragnarok online?
They got 40m of players and still stay the same and BETTER than Mapple Story. That's first, second THEY TEND TO MAKE PRIVATE SERVER TO EXPAND THE KNOWLEDGES~

I know text on a computer screen doesn't really do justice, but I get the feeling you're angry with me.
To be fair, I don't play nor have ever played Ragnarok Online or Maple Story. I don't know how they do handle their services.
And no, I do not understand why you put "companies" in quotes.

We can do funding like others website, but try to make VIP inside games

I am sorry but I do not understand what you are saying. Do you mean to suggest gaining funds via websites such as KickStarter, with server costs being reduced by ustilizing Dedicated Servers? Yes, Dedicated Servers and such do allow it to stay online longer, but I don't think that's quite the issue here.

Please explain.

---
*Edit* Sorry, Fejknickarn, if this wasn't quite the kind of discussion you had in mind.
---
Edit 2** Just out of curiousity, if a game were to be made with the specifics mentioned previously, how long do you think it would take?

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 05:03 AM.

Spoiler

Joker

Joker

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFreezed in a capsule waiting for the creation of VRMMORPGs

Ok, P.S time: (1k=1000)
RATIO and Top __ player who become Ranker:
100->500 pll:
-Irregular: 1:50
-Top 20.

501->2k+ pll:
-Irregular: 1:100
-Top 50.

5k+:
-Ir: 1:222
-Top 75.

gotta hav to disagree with this part because the ratios are waaaaaay to low meaning you're almost mass producing Irregulares taking into account you want to make this realistic the ratio needs to be waaaaaaay higher because think about it there are only 4 irregulares in the millions of regulares that hav set foot in the Tower(the only drawback is the unfairness of this system but as Lero-ro said luck is the most important thing in the Tower)

about the size of the game I think it's best to have the base game so to speak and have expansions(don't know how many depends on how hard you're going to make the tests) and just have people download them as they go up...

"You must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom -

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
hmmm, how should I say it, I'm not that good at writing the whole things down, and I'm not that good at explaining something that I am working on.
Sorry if I offended you but yeah, must say that i'm a noob these things first, and I'm only good at making ideas...
anyway the Ragnarok online, they tried to:
1. not all 3D, the maps, the world is 3D, but the Character is 2D, which lower the file size, you just need 1 to 1.5(customized server) GB for Ragnarok Online, while Maple Story (priv and Official) ALL IN 2D, but they need 2GH at LEAST.
2. RO have good development in Job system, just like ToG's. That's the only reason people like to play it, while the sequel RO2 is not a big hit (3D completely but normal job class)
3. They make small hit game with good d'argent (<this is french) first, then they publish both beta Then the games in 2001 then 2002. When they have the Official version, they still keep the BETA one, called Sakray server. They use it for testing patchs and new updates, skill balancing~

then they continue to work on both.
They also release patches as EPISODES.
now it's 14.3, and they changed a lot , still, people love it.

As for Patches and Episodes in RO, I will explain it later.
Anyway if you got free times try this game. You will see the power of Korean.

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Haha, I actually was working on a game in XNA that overlaps with the world of ToG last year. The plot involved the world flooding, and survivors struggling with other steadily more competent survivors for the steadily decreasing amount of spare time... some inspiration from Breath of Five V (Kokon Horay part) and Earthbound (for the western urban feel/humour).

I'm not really in that industry, but I've had some experience with 3d modeling/other game-related stuffs, so if you have questions I'd be more than happy to answer~

(also, since I'm currently doing autoscaling with cloud shtuff, I can say that publishing and hosting code to however large an audience is needed is getting really easy to do)

*and I'd love to see permanent death (or... like a n-lives system) implemented, possibly where you have roles created by other places that are randomly selected from upon creating a character... so, you might create a fisherman living on floor 33 which someone else would get, and be assigned another's creation

Edited by sobriquet, 14 June 2012 - 05:10 AM.