Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Signing up to the Korean Kubera Fancafe

KuCa fancafe sign-up

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
I found this guide on Webtoonlive's page, hope it helps.

http://www.webtoonlive.com/webtoon/The+Guide/ch-first/

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Um, okay. I think I just discovered another rule.

No AU (alternate-universe) fancomics. As in, fancomics in modified settings. I had drawn a comic where the main characters are Sura instead (Leez as an Ananta, Asha as a Garuda, etc.), thinking it'd be fun to see them all as Sura, and that got deleted. Whoops?

The English version of the rules only said that this was not allowed for fanfics, but apparently this applies to fancomics as well (though parodies of other series seem to be allowed, I see them all the time).

These "culture-clash" rules are starting to give me headaches, I think I'll stop posting in the KuCa for a while. @_@;;

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Wait, did someone tell you or did you post and find out? :o

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
It went like this:
1. I posted it.
2. One of the people replying (not an admin) said "Sorry, but stuff like this is against KuCa rules. :(" I went "uh-oh" and asked if I had to delete it.
3. That person then deleted the original comment and added: "Whoops, sorry, my mistake, but it seems that rule only applies to fanfics." I went "Oh!"
4. Another person posted with the same-ish comment as the person above, that was right before the person above retracted.
5. I replied that I was confused now, since that person retracted, and the English rules don't seem to say anything, but now I have my doubts so I asked if there was a way to contact a moderator (I have no idea how to find a moderator who happens to both speak English and be online at the time). I edited my post to ask if it was against the rules, saying I'll delete it immediately if that's the case.
6. The second person replied by now that he was also confused. So yeah, general confusion all around.

After that I spent like five hours refreshing hoping to get a clarification by a moderator. Finally they simply removed it without saying anything. I wish they'd at least give me a more detailed version of the rule by then so I know for sure what's okay and what's not (for example, is it actually also not okay to do it for fanart? I've never seen fanart of the characters as Sura either D: ).

I apologized to the person who helped me translate after that, but fortunately he didn't seem to be annoyed by the fact that I made him do all that work for nothing. xP

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Oh okay. I did something similar a while back. ._. But they were all like "whoa! Nice! So unique!" so I didn't think there was anything wrong. Good thing it's clarified though, because I was planing to finish it. Now I deleted all the roughs and the original post so it's off the site for good. :P

Haha, yeah KuCa is confusing. @_@ I'll probably just post the rest of my fanarts and my fic and then quietly drift out of existence. :3

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
You did? How come I don't remember seeing it? ?_? It's not on your DA either?

As I said though, I'm still confused. Maybe it really is okay for fanart, but not for fancomics. But then, if you make a detailed fanart for example, and in the same post follow-up with a very short (1-panel for example) comic depicting a resulting funny scenario, is that okay or not?

Fic-wise, they also say that fics mustn't focus on your own original characters. That's common sense, but surely when you're writing a fic about say, the Garuda clan (like you are), then it's necessary to add a few OCs besides the grand total of 2 Garuda Nastika we know to exist, right? Still, is that okay or not in the KuCa? How much presence qualifies as "focus"? I don't know either! T_T

Edited by Mizura, 30 August 2012 - 02:16 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
The created characters need to have less focus compared to the characters from kubera. Its all relative. xp

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Is that it? Then fiveseconds' fic should be fine, since it centers on Garuda and Vinata. xD

3492bk6.jpg

zeromin0

zeromin0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationindonesia
............ SOB ...........
this to hard to me ! ------ (but i will try)
why the fancafe don't have english version
the Kubera like u play wayang with your story (like dalang)
i like it
(indonesian)

Edited by zeromin0, 08 September 2012 - 02:40 PM.

ART is ALL everythings

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationWhere perverts reside and crazies roam~

okay i put my information right(?) and click on the button to go to the next step right? so when i have to confirm i am human and right the text, some error thing pop up and send me back to the step where im putting my username. i try to type my information different and all but it keeps sending me back several times ;_; i dont know what im doing wrong *cries* im trying to sign in naver but it seams impossible at this point D:
ps. the design on signing up in naver is a bit different but the model is still relevantly the same :)

giphy.gif

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Screenshot please?

3492bk6.jpg

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
Mizura, I...um.I don't know how to screanshot ;_; im sorry. I like an idiot with laptops even though i should know D':

giphy.gif

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Either google how to or type the Korean words out. :\ We can't help you with something as vague as "an error message."

3492bk6.jpg

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
Play oh wait i think the error said something about the email being wrong (one of the Link has the same character symbol and said the emil is wrong and it'll take you back) but the email thing, I thought I put it right. Oh and I found this extremely weird, it said:
Username: *something*@naver.com <---- this part im so confuse, It suppose to be your username right? So why is it an emil ln the end ?_?

Just forget it. I'll do this tomarrow when i have energy @_@ mizura thank you so much for helping me and showing this very useful thread. :D ill just Learn how to screanshot tomorrow and upload the page.

giphy.gif

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

When you sign up, you create an email account. Did you try a name that's already taken?

3492bk6.jpg

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
Ohhhhhh I see and no I check it, I could use it. Oh And.is the nickname soppose to be the same as the beginning of the newly created email?

giphy.gif

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

The two can be different, so basically you have to check if both the username and the email address are not taken.

3492bk6.jpg

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
Oh play thanks ill check :)

giphy.gif

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Wait you also create an e-mail? wow I didn't expect that. (decided to make a naver account for the fun)

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have created a naver account!!! :batoto_010:  :batoto_009:  :batoto_016:  :batoto_030:  :batoto_029:  :batoto_017: <------yes, i am this happy!! :D okay now its time to read the whole comment plus rules mizura post and  what to do now *_* hey is naver and kuca the same site?? omg i hope
lol wow dreamingflower xD how i wonder you sign in  :D

giphy.gif