Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Signing up to the Korean Kubera Fancafe

KuCa fancafe sign-up

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

knird

knird

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNY
hehe Its so nice to see all the fanart and mingle with the korean fans, even though I have no idea what they're saying. (I feel so smrt!)
I also find it incredibly entertaining to see in how many different websites I cross paths with the same Kubera fans! lol Is Sapne from naver, here? How about trasua (who mentioned needing help at the fancafe)?

I know some of us, myself included, use more than one alias so it's not easy to identify who's who. lol

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
You feel smart? I feel dumb there. xD
I have no idea who's who actually. Because of the fancafe's "Don't get too friendly rule (to avoid making n00bs feel left out -even if you're a n00b yourself), I tend to avoid seeking out who's who. Also, Koreans who've helped us out have uh... Korean usernames. I'm bad enough with names as is, so forget about Korean hieroglyphs. xD Which is handy to comply with the rules. >.>;;

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

knird

knird

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNY
aww crap, I might be borderline getting too friendly... I already mentioned the batoto forums and dA twice there. I hope I dont get kicked... But i honestly dont understand this rule. How friendly is too friendly? >< I feel like I have to cut off conversations in the middle just to prevent it from going further, which seems rude. ugh.... dilemmas...

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Sapne is deviantart's AshenJay and trasua... never heard of that. o__o But it seems like she gave up on trying to get in. :(

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ah, about that, you're not supposed to have conversations in the KuCa. Responding once or twice is okay, but I got warned once for going on much longer than that. Nobody will think you're rude for not responding. In fact I've noticed that most fanartists for example don't respond to most comments.

Basically keep a low profile over at the KuCa. I keep all my conversations here. D: Don't mention anyone by name, pretend you don't know anyone personally there. This may be more than needed, but I don't want them to start thinking of the foreigners there as rulebreakers.

Edited by Mizura, 18 July 2012 - 06:04 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussia, Kolpino City
Okay, I'm at a loss of what to do, so might as well ask a question about it x)
I did everything up until II.4 and have no idea where to click to make an Introduction Post. Can someone help me with this? I tried to do everything, as guide for foreigners says, but I see no form for seven introduction questions.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Posted Image

And if you already made comments on five other introductory posts, it should take you to this:

Posted Image

Questions translated by LyuMir here: http://cafe.naver.com/currykubera/56184

By the way, to post your seven questions, you click the green checkmark button on the bottom of the page (doesn't show on the screenshot).

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Thank you for the help, fiveseconds, but am I supposed to wait some time before trying to use "create a topic" button? Because, when I try to click on it, there's a new window in browser with this text in it:

쓰기조건
이 카페에는 글쓰기 조건 이 있습니다.

게시글을 작성하시려면,

카페 1회 방문, 덧글 5회 작성을 하셔야합니다

And I can't move forward, because, even with google translations, I can't understand the meaning of the message or, should I say, how am I supposed to make this message disappear.
I absolutely sure I made 5 comments in Joiner Board.

Edited by BM_Wolf, 21 July 2012 - 10:31 AM.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Weird, it's saying that you have to visit the cafe once + make 5 comments. Yet you already made 5 comments.
Are you sure your comments weren't too short? Try to make them at least a few words...

3492bk6.jpg

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Well, I'm sure they were at least around 40 symbols. Or is it too short? It just that it's too awkward to make a long message to a person, who might not understand a thing you're saying. Especially since there are rules against "being too friendly"...

And as for 1 visit of cafe - is it done automatically or am I supposed to click somewhere specific? Maybe that's the case...

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I think that is just how many times you log in. Surely you've logged on more than once to check things? Actually, were you logged in when you tried to make the post? I have to re-log in each time I close my browser. :\

If that's not the problem, this is strange. Click on your own username (from one of your posts). You'll get a line like this:

마법학원생|총 방문 1014회|총 게시물 7개 (일반 7 + 답변 0) Posted Image|총 덧글 280개|

총 방문 = Number of visits. (must be at least 1)
총 게시물 = Total posts.
총 덧글 = Total comments. (must be at least 5)

What does it say for you?

(the "friendliness" rule is actually more of a "anti-familiarity" rule. You can still say a lot of friendly things like "Yay! I'm trying to sign up too! I'm foreign! I like your fanarts! Wow your drawing skills are amazing! etc." You can't say "Hey did you get the present I sent you? How was the vacation you were telling me about? It was really fun hanging out with you last time! etc.")

Edited by Mizura, 21 July 2012 - 03:15 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Well, since I post under my nickname, it means I'm logged in. Btw, check cookies in your browser. Most likely they're not saved or saved 'til you close your browser, thus you need to log in every time.
총 방문 0회 | 총 게시물 0개 (일반 0 + 답변 0) 내 거래내역 조회
Apparently, I was right. It's because I don't have enough cafe visits, since they're 0.
But I tried to logout, then login and enter cafe... and still 0 visits o_0

Edited by BM_Wolf, 21 July 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
My cookies work with everything else: Deviantart, Yahoo, Batoto, whatever. It's just Naver that forces me to log in again every time. D: I don't mind too much though...

Okay, the 0 visits stuff is super weird. D: Try looking around various links, and if it still doesn't go up, trying logging in again tomorrow. If that Still doesn't work, you may have to contact an admin. Err... I'm actually not sure how you do that, never had to contact an admin before. X_x;; Maybe the guy who made the English rules version 2 post?

Edited by Mizura, 21 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Hm, then do you check 로그인 상태 유지(Keep me logged in) option when you log in?
If that's not it, then I don't know what. It works fine for me on Google Chrome (you mentioned it before).
Btw, that's what did the trick for me. I switched from my main browser, Firefox, to Chrome. Suddenly +1 visit.
Okay, now on to the questions!
And thank you, Mizura, for trying to help me =]

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Browser issues then? WEIRD! X_x;; Whatever works, then. Good luck for the remaining steps! :D

Oh uh, I don't remember using any checkbox, so I should try the 로그인 상태 유지 next time. Thanks! xD

3492bk6.jpg

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Kay, finally made introduction post there. I hope the moderators of KuCa will change my rank, so I can finally browse gorgeous art +_+
'Cuz I kinda gone overboard and posted a wall of text about myself XD

P.S: Got an idea how visits calculated. At least, from what I've seen, it worked for me.
Every day you got +1 visit. So, if there would be another person with the same problem of 0 visits - might as well wait for a day.

Edited by BM_Wolf, 22 July 2012 - 09:03 AM.

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Hm, since there's already a tread about KuCa, I figured that I'll simply write it here.
Found a way around naver copy-and-paste protection. It's not an issue for those, who understand Korean and have a Korean keyboard to re-write stuff. But for foreigners, who rely on copy-and-paste to have at least basic understanding of Korean on this site, it's a major buzzkill.
So, here's what you can do about it:
1. I tried this fix on Firefox and it uses an addon for this browser. I can try to adapt this guide for other major browsers (and only those that can use user scripts), but only if people would be even interested in this stuff. So, for now, you'll have to use Firefox.
2. Download Greasemonkey. Reload browser to activate addon.
3. Download Anti-Disabler for Naver script.
4. Reload any naver page you're on.
5. ...
6. PROFIT!

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Actually, those of us using Google Chrome just click on an area of text really fast and then proceed to select the rest for copy/pasting.

Apparently the protection takes a few seconds to come up. As long as you have your mouse held down before it comes into effect, you can select and copy. It may take a few tries but it works.

3492bk6.jpg

BM_Wolf

BM_Wolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Yeah, I know. Just thought it would be good to have a way to copy text without this trial of speed every time you need to translate something :D

knird

knird

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNY
I manually type in the characters in google translate,and it takes forever since I don't know where all the characters are on the keyboard. D:

There is a glaringly obvious difference in efficiency...