Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God Q&A

tog lahel rachel star

• Please log in to reply
2563 replies to this topic

Hoet

Hoet

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 323 posts

I wanna know what happened in that brief moment in the middle of chapter 22 where the guy's bullet stops in mid air, the girls wand halts, and the guy with the red bat freezes... why did that happen, what was going on... baam didn't look like he was doing anything, so who did that and what exactly happened... and no one seem to notice anything wrong they just kept fighting after it without giving a thought to what happened in that moment... so please, anyone who knows what happened please tell me!!!

Seems like the black march protected him.

i thought the shinsoo from the wand intercepted the bullet by mistake

hmmerp_zps488b0742.png

Necrokey

Necrokey

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts
I first thought that too (that the shinsoo from the wand intercepted the bullet) and it could have done that; but that doesn't explain why the guy holding the red bat froze in place... on the next panel we see the handle of the black march, but it doesn't really indicate that she did anything...

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia
If you look carefully something appears in front of the bullet and it appears to be the Black March, the shape is fairly similar.
Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.

The Corinthian

The Corinthian

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 814 posts
No, that shape is just a protrusion of the wall. Really there were 3 effects. One) the bullet disintegrated, two) basebollbatboy was paralyzed and three) the wand stopped working. The only probable explanation is that Baam did it unconsciously with shinso imho.

Edited by The Corinthian, 02 March 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Kazuha

Kazuha

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

I wanna know what happened in that brief moment in the middle of chapter 22 where the guy's bullet stops in mid air, the girls wand halts, and the guy with the red bat freezes... why did that happen, what was going on... baam didn't look like he was doing anything, so who did that and what exactly happened... and no one seem to notice anything wrong they just kept fighting after it without giving a thought to what happened in that moment... so please, anyone who knows what happened please tell me!!!

It was Laure :). He was upset about his pillow. Look at it again and you will understand.
But as I looked at it again I'm not so sure anymore :/.

Edited by Kazuha, 02 March 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Sigfodr

Sigfodr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
The bullet is stopt by shinsoo
The wand do not collekt any shensoo (go poof! ?)
And basebollbatboy is.. frozen? (by same method as baam learn later?)

Only explanation that I can come up with is Baam is doing it all without realising it..
Regards

Sigfodr

There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history. - Roger the Shrubber

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
The only thing capable of protecting Baam at that time was the black march. If Baam had used shinsoo Laro-ro would have noticed since Baam did not have a contract with the guardian. And Baam using shinsoo at the end of the crown game would not have been special. And there's pretty much no way that the enemies negated their own attacks since they're not that stupid.

Edited by fistsofrage, 02 March 2012 - 06:03 PM.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Well, yes... I think it's the Black March which protected Baam too. Let's be obvious: if anyone else had the capabilities to stop the attack, why didn't they use it during battle to protect themselves? Everyone also had their hands full fighting it out and the rest could only watch from their rooms.

Crud, does anyone know how I can find my latest posts? I don't think the profile shows our latest comments. Am looking for some post where I was talking about Repellista Jahad and commented she was a hikikomori.

Edited by Yu Han Sang, 03 March 2012 - 12:26 PM.

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

meetmycomputer

meetmycomputer

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
I'd like to know how the math works out. 2 in 10 million regulars become rankers, so 1 in 5 million. There are around 100,000 rankers; assuming that rankers are rarely killed or die after reaching the top, that number represents the total number who have climbed the tower. So around 500 billion people have been regulars. The system has been in place for maybe 5000 years. So we can expect Headon to somehow choose about 100 million regulars each year. They all go through the floor of test. But a group that originally numbered at most a few hundred spends over a month on that floor. Wouldn't only a few thousand regulars be tested then over the course of a year? Were they living in just a tiny section of the floor, and are there tens of thousands of directors and instructors? But that would mean half of all rankers become a 2nd floor administrator. What am I missing?

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I'd like to know how the math works out. 2 in 10 million regulars become rankers, so 1 in 5 million. There are around 100,000 rankers; assuming that rankers are rarely killed or die after reaching the top, that number represents the total number who have climbed the tower. So around 500 billion people have been regulars. The system has been in place for maybe 5000 years. So we can expect Headon to somehow choose about 100 million regulars each year. They all go through the floor of test. But a group that originally numbered at most a few hundred spends over a month on that floor. Wouldn't only a few thousand regulars be tested then over the course of a year? Were they living in just a tiny section of the floor, and are there tens of thousands of directors and instructors? But that would mean half of all rankers become a 2nd floor administrator. What am I missing?

There were people in the Tower long before Zahard came along, 2 in 10 million may have simply been an exaggeration.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

There were people in the Tower long before Zahard came along, 2 in 10 million may have simply been an exaggeration.

@meetmycomputer said 2 out of 10 million "regulars" not in habitance of the tower.

And i think 5000 year is to little considering that the current
captain of Zahards Royal Guard (owner of Golden November) Adori Jahad is +5000 years old.

Edited by Lucifer, 04 March 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

ScratchyAl

ScratchyAl

Potato

• Members
  • 163 posts
I think only someone who visits the author blog might be able to answer.
So, are Exis actually just a theory or are they somehow confirmed canon for T.U.S? Might be worthy of an entry in the wiki ( even without much info), especially if Phantaminum is one.
Posted Image

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts

So, are Exis actually just a theory or are they somehow confirmed canon for T.U.S? Might be worthy of an entry in the wiki ( even without much info), especially if Phantaminum is one.

The concept of Exis is from one of Author's previous works within Talse Uzer Story (The universe in which TOG is set).
Many info. about the Exis in fan blogs may or may not be canon (considering the author deleted the works prior to TOG). However, it is highly likely that they are canon, because of the way SIU structured the TUS (and the fact that he references Phantaminum as an Exis).
It is stated within SIU's blog that "Phantaminum is one of the Top 5 Exis within T.U.S.", so it is atleast canon that Phantaminum is an Exis (and a godly strong one at that).

At this point, OFFICIALLY, we do not know anything about the Exis (other than that they possess a godly power).

UNOFFICIALLY (Information gleaned from previous T.U.S. works), we know that:
-In "Talse Uzer Story", the Exis are the "Talse Uzer", i.e. - the entire T.U.S. story will ultimate revolve around the Exis.
-Exis is not born; Exis is made.
-The Exis' power revolves around creating a 'field' around oneself, in which the Exis is basically a God. Because of this power, a non-Exis cannot even fight an Exis.
-Exis are ones 'who make history'

In TOG:
-Phantaminum used his powers as an Exis to infiltrate Jahad's palace (hence the "power that the rankers could not recognize")
-The Exis are like gods within T.U.S. Universe. The author once stated that "Phantaminum could instantly destroy the T.O.G. story if he wanted to."

My personal note: So contrary to what we've seen in Phantaminum's profile (which is written from the point of view of the Tower's historians), it seems that Phantaminum is an existence beyond existence.

ScratchyAl

ScratchyAl

Potato

• Members
  • 163 posts
Wow. Thank you very, very much. You are a great help. I'm curious to know how far 'godly' stretches ;P

E: I think that really deserves a wiki entry. If someone is willing to make one?

Edited by ScratchyAl, 04 March 2012 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts

Wow. Thank you very, very much. You are a great help. I'm curious to know how far 'godly' stretches ;P

E: I think that really deserves a wiki entry. If someone is willing to make one?

I personally think we should hold off on doing that because:
1). Most of this info is still very vague.
2). Phantaminum is but one character in TOG, one who has yet to even appear.
3). We should try to focus on the current characters that we've seen so far in TOG because we have no idea how TOG fits into TUS (and we probably won't for a veeeeeery long time)

Chi

Chi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

The concept of Exis is from one of Author's previous works within Talse Uzer Story (The universe in which TOG is set).
Many info. about the Exis in fan blogs may or may not be canon (considering the author deleted the works prior to TOG). However, it is highly likely that they are canon, because of the way SIU structured the TUS (and the fact that he references Phantaminum as an Exis).
It is stated within SIU's blog that "Phantaminum is one of the Top 5 Exis within T.U.S.", so it is atleast canon that Phantaminum is an Exis (and a godly strong one at that).

At this point, OFFICIALLY, we do not know anything about the Exis (other than that they possess a godly power).

-In "Talse Uzer Story", the Exis are the "Talse Uzer", i.e. - the entire T.U.S. story will ultimate revolve around the Exis.
-The Exis' power revolves around creating a 'field' around oneself, in which the Exis is basically a God. Because of this power, a non-Exis cannot even fight an Exis.

In TOG:
-Phantaminum used his powers as an Exis to infiltrate Jahad's palace (hence the "power that the rankers could not recognize")
-The Exis are like gods within T.U.S. Universe. The author once stated that "Phantaminum could instantly destroy the T.O.G. story if he wanted to."

My personal note: So contrary to what we've seen in Phantaminum's profile (which is written from the point of view of the Tower's historians), it seems that Phantaminum is an existence beyond existence.

"The funny thing is that Enryu and Phantaminum have never fought. They have never even met, and there are a lot of opinion on who would win if they actually fought other." - Tower of God Wiki

According to this statement taken off of ToG wiki (whether or not information taken off of the site if viable or not) if Phantaminum is an existence above all others, than does that mean that Enryu is perhaps just as good despite losing his 1st place rank to P?

(Sorry if I'm just repeating a question that has already been answered long ago ^^" or a question that is yet to be explained!)

:batoto_001:

Edited by Chi, 05 March 2012 - 01:21 AM.

Posted Image

"No matter how small a baby shark is, it can't swim with the sardines..."

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts
If Exis where indeed made to become gods then they would climb the Tower of God to reach the top and become one, and considering what
we have seen so far in the serie I'd say everything point to the fact that Irregular=Exis.
Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia

In TOG:

"The funny thing is that Enryu and Phantaminum have never fought. They have never even met, and there are a lot of opinion on who would win if they actually fought other." - Tower of God Wiki

According to this statement taken off of ToG wiki (whether or not information taken off of the site if viable or not) if Phantaminum is an existence above all others, than does that mean that Enryu is perhaps just as good despite losing his 1st place rank to P?

(Sorry if I'm just repeating a question that has already been answered long ago ^^" or a question that is yet to be explained!)

:batoto_001:

A lot of the information on the ToG wiki is accurate, we try to weed out the false stuff, but we have a fairly low percentage of the blog notes on there and other things that will have needed to be translated, as for the info on Phantaminum we don't know if it's still canon, but if it is it would appear he is significantly stronger than Enryu and all other denizens of the Tower. I think that answers your question, Enryu himself could have a significant power gap between himself and Zahard, but I don't know really. Either way Phantaminum compared to the rest is 'god'.

If Exis where indeed made to become gods then they would climb the Tower of God to reach the top and become one, and considering what
we have seen so far in the serie I'd say everything point to the fact that Irregular=Exis.

That would be nice and it's viable as all the Ranker Irregulars are at the top of the rankings, but Phantaminum stands out so much more than the rest.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 05 March 2012 - 01:44 AM.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

I think this would be a wrong oversimplification, I think that only some Irregulars would be the Exis.

And now for my question: Has it ever really been explained why/how the Guardians exist? I'm just asking if there's any extra info from the blog posts, not from the chapters themselves ^_^

Wave Catcher

Wave Catcher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEurope

And now for my question: Has it ever really been explained why/how the Guardians exist? I'm just asking if there's any extra info from the blog posts, not from the chapters themselves ^_^

Simply put - no, not really (other than the "why" question being the obvious "to test Irregulars and grant shinsoo contracts")

By the way, you can read a handful of the older blog translations here, if you're interested.

Edited by Wave Catcher, 05 March 2012 - 12:54 PM.