Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Change 1 Letter.

• Please log in to reply
11812 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Tack

I mean, yes, there is that problem. But I think there's going to be that problem with anything that is fun that you can do with only a little brain ~w~; So if not being tempted to stay up too late is also a requirement, you have a real conundrum now.

Exercising right before bed isn't actually recommended (can make you too awake depending, apparently) so that's probably out,

Anything productive tends to require either brain or body to not be tired, so it's not a space to do useful things in instead of fun ones,

Sleeping earlier and waking up earlier might be an option depending on how your body works (assuming some additional sleep is gained, might also get an additional smidge of fully-awake time early in the morning to do stuff with; probably best if fun stuff so as to not hate mornings on principle but maybe it's only me who feels like that), but more likely that won't work.

Otherwise it feels like it's time doomed to be used doing only sorta-fun stuff at best, by process of elimination, which... Sucks. I've been in the same situation before and had similar conundrums, and I couldn't find a broadly applicable solution either.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Stack

I regret staying up late last night watching Aijin ( the anime series by netflix) :*( 

I missed my dad's ultrasound appointment and will have to reschedule tomorrow

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I can't find anything called "Aijin" that is "by netflix"? The second season of Ajin (which I know almost nothing about, mind) looks like it might have been exclusively licensed by them, so I assume that's what we're talking about :'p

(This is extra funny because I believe "aijin" means something like "mistress", FYI.)

I almost missed my dentist appointment today—I would have missed it, in fact, I think, had my sister not asked, "what day is today?" and started the wheels in my head turning. I am sorry that you were not similarly spared by happenstance. :/

Sack

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

slack

it was the first season - pretty interesting premise. It's like the X-men 

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Suck

So i was free for a few days in between, right? This season had animes of many manga I liked, and though it was, as expected, 'difficult' to enjoy watching episodes for hours on end (as my anime loving friends are capable of), I found openings and endings I liked. That was nice.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Duck

Opening and ending are mostly what you remember most

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Buck

Only if they're good, right? I just skip the ones I get tired of. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Huck

Thinking about this, most of the openings and endings to anime I've been watching recently with my sister are lackluster (though some are cute); while action series lend themselves to spectacular openings, the more placid, shoujo-y series (by which I mean series focusing primarily on interpersonal relationships, not necessarily shoujo genre per se) have a much more difficult challenge.

Suck

So i was free for a few days in between, right? This season had animes of many manga I liked, and though it was, as expected, 'difficult' to enjoy watching episodes for hours on end (as my anime loving friends are capable of), I found openings and endings I liked. That was nice.

I often find it terribly difficult to enjoy more than an episode or two of an anime made from a manga that I've already read. The only exceptions I can think of are mostly, if not all, palatable by dint of tour-de-force in animation or other aspects of production (for example, One Punch Man and it's enjoyably overwrought action sequences).

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

series focusing primarily on interpersonal relationships

lol I hate these so much 

Hack

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Heck

madoka x homura <3

GL purest form of love

Although the best form of love is incestuous feelings for ones sister like vampire knight

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Feck Scots English again.

Although the best form of love is incestuous feelings for ones sister like vampire knight

I take it you don't have a sister.

lol I hate these so much

...but you read lots of them? o_o; I think you're thinking I mean something different than what I think I mean.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Beck

...but you read lots of them?

technically, almost every series has relationships, i never read the serious emotional ones, only the ones which are based in fantasy and thus come under slice of life, with correspondingly happy op/eds which i am glad to remember, if they did end up getting animes

usually they dont get animes in the first place, which is why this season stood out. maybe the people have started to realise how hollow girls made for the audience (02, asuna, other trash dunno) are, or maybe people have decided there is enough stress and shown enough love for fluff on other media in the pre-season/last year

or maybe i stumble on the good series early in their scanlation, so it just takes that long till they are recognised everywhere/have enough story to even be considered for getting turned into anime

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
It does seem to usually take a decently long time for an anime of something to be made, unless the original is in Shounen Jump.

Anyway, nothing I was watching with my sister had serious drama either (unless I just haven't gotten to it yet):

Miira no Kaikata
Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue
Houzuki no Reitetsu
Tanaka wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Fukigen na Mononokean

...come to think of it only two of those aren't supernatural in premise. But, the intended audience for most of them seems to be girls or women to some extent—or rather, the expectation for most of them is you're here for cute and heartwarming stuff, and the OPs and EDs end up kind of boring (if cute).

Exceptions in that list being Tanaka wa Itsumo Kedaruge which really nailed it's placid opening to the point of being memorable, and Houzuki no Reitetsu which is the odd one out on that list for being pretty much a pure comedy.

But, in contrast, if I think of the shounen and other anime I've watched in the same time, most had openings where I was kinda like, "yeah, I want to watch that again next episode".

Edited by pokari, 06 June 2019 - 04:49 AM.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Call

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

A lot of letters changed eh

boo pokari we talked too much again

anyway so I started watching machikado mazoku (and stopped because work) but its a really nice one ~w~

Cell

I wish to finish at least that one seasonal anime after about 10 days

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Celt

We talked too much? D': what does that mean? Do I need to talk less? oxo;;

"Midnight Occult Civil Servants" would have to be added now to the list in my previous post.

I will be sure to try these street-corner demon-folk you speak of and see what I think ~w~

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Pelt

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Melt

anyway so I started watching machikado mazoku (and stopped because work) but its a really nice one ~w~

I will be sure to try these street-corner demon-folk you speak of and see what I think ~w~

I ended up reading the manga (what's available of it) instead, and I thought it was pretty cool. It does an interesting job of being a high-tension but reasonably comfy gag manga 85% of the time, while 5% of the time alluding that parts of the premise are deadly serious—just enough to add a little sweetness and sadness and worrysome-ness here and there to otherwise mild things going-about. (Bonus effect of making everything feel just the tiniest tinge dreamlike and surreal sometimes, in a good way.)

I assume it might or might not explode at some point but the manga scanlation hasn't gotten there yet if so.

Edited by pokari, 31 August 2019 - 02:47 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

pelt

happy labors day my fellow working class slaves

(I'm working as I type)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Peat

I forgot that was this weekend; I'm unemployed still. XD

I'm sorry you're on the trudge, though :/

Edited by pokari, 01 September 2019 - 02:17 AM.