Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is Lark really human?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Wrimbows

Wrimbows

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
facts: Lark do have human scent as well as vampire eyes, so he is outside of both worlds or he belong to both worlds.

By the Time standard in the world it is illogical that Lark be related to Karmilla in any way. Nergal , who is deep in love with karmilla , do not had the chance to met her after all, but Lark on the other hand met that special tree girl (who may be bathory, since he was dreaming or Karmila since she is the creator of this world , and possibly is alive).

My guess: Lark is mixed blood as many other vampires, but he is vamp-human, and more human than any other vampire. His predicted behavior is different from vampires who strive for power, he is usually judged by his wrongfully decisions and unespected reactions , and his personality may be a trait that proves that he is just a human with a small bit of vampire blood.

It is like the zombie vampire guy that have extremely tough zombie traits and few vampire traits, So he takes full advantage of his zombie side. Lark may take advatage of his full human side and eventually he might show a little hability as a vampire, but i would not expect much out of it , since his blood is almost all, human.

End of my guess :P, geez i love theories!

mikeyeli

mikeyeli

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHonduras
Ok... confirmation of Lark being related to Angela at the end of Ch.61! so hes half sucubbus....er...incubus..

Lastear

Lastear

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Ok, I dont remember where it is, but for all of you theorizing that Lark is a vampire, you're wrong. The author puts in a note that tells you flat out he's not a vampire. Now, on the other hand, he might be succubus, who knows Karmilla could have warped time abit when she traveled to the human world. It's possible that Angela is his real mother, but I'm leaning against it and would rather say that Karmilla is referring to her in that manner because she raised him.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Ok, I dont remember where it is, but for all of you theorizing that Lark is a vampire, you're wrong. The author puts in a note that tells you flat out he's not a vampire. Now, on the other hand, he might be succubus, who knows Karmilla could have warped time abit when she traveled to the human world. It's possible that Angela is his real mother, but I'm leaning against it and would rather say that Karmilla is referring to her in that manner because she raised him.

I'm not sure about the author note, but to me there's just too many people (first generation and others who know) who are confident that Lark is human. Angela, Bathory, Navarus, Nergal, that creep Neal.....even the dream Karmilla, point blank consider him human or know he's not of the world of Crepuscule (i.e. a human). I really doubt it's that simple though, i mean the red eyes are a clear mark he's different, but I'm now more inclined to think he's part of what Angela was talking about in the previous chapter, an "unnatural birth" and "the world is being twisted and mutants are being born" she said.

We're starting to get a lot more information and things are starting to make a lot more sense story-wise, but there's still a lot we don't know.....

Tn7HA0h.png

Raxnom

Raxnom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Heavy spoilers, read at your own choice.
Spoiler

So what will happen now?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Heavy spoilers, read at your own choice.

So what will happen now?

mmm, yeah, you're right. Thank goodness Easy Going Scans is doing so much work on this series, I'd hate not getting such regular releases on it.

I still look ahead at the Naver originals on this one but it's so hard to really tell what's going on for me (no Korean skills), there's just so much dialogue I'm just not sure what the heck things mean not being able to understand what they're talking about. And the story line is so complicated, for me it's not like looking at TOG or Orange Marmalade, those you can kind of tell what's going on more so than this one.

Tn7HA0h.png

Grace

Grace

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
Omg soo curious about that all this mystery cant figure out if hes human or not though i am hoping he isn't. Maybe some sorta descendant of Karmilla cause it was mentioned in past chapters that her lineage suffered loss of ability and reduced life spans due to her creating the world so maybe he just seems to be human because of that?

Edited by Grace, 25 July 2012 - 12:15 AM.

DukeGod

DukeGod

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
Lark is definately human guys. He had to learn magic using the human book

Everyone who can apparently identify somone as human did so on him.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Lark is definately human guys. He had to learn magic using the human book

Everyone who can apparently identify somone as human did so on him.

Mmmm, I'm of the same opinion but I also don't think it's a lock, either. There's a lot that doesn't meet the eye in this story, Lark being other than human could still be one of them.

Tn7HA0h.png

DukeGod

DukeGod

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
By the way, is that Eye comparison thing for real?
Cause Nirvana got the circled eyes like a zombie, but he doesn't look like one...

mikeyeli

mikeyeli

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHonduras

By the way, is that Eye comparison thing for real?
Cause Nirvana got the circled eyes like a zombie, but he doesn't look like one...

Thats one of the reason hes so hated, cause his eyes mean hes a product of his mothers adultery.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Thats one of the reason hes so hated, cause his eyes mean hes a product of his mothers adultery.

Yeah: poor lamb. No wonder he's a dark bomb walking: he was never given a chance to develop warm and fuzzy feelings towards anything. Heck: when it comes to raising and nurturing a psycopath, his family basically wrote the book from day one of his existence. :P The first step is always to blame the child for something not their doing... and then snowball from there. <sighs>

The irony is, Lark could quite easily have ended up very similarly messed up. Except for Setz. :) Something Neal would never want to look at, that. For several reasons. :P

The two mirroring each other this way does make we wonder exactly to what degree Lark is other than human. That he's not straight human I've been taking for a given for a while. However, it's by how much he isn't, I think, that is key.

Edited by Euodiachloris, 31 July 2012 - 01:47 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

XxJiGGyxX

XxJiGGyxX

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I personally dont Think he's a Vampire, but a purebred incubus.

I basically have a few ideas as to what Lark may be

*I think that lark is an entity that was created by Karmilla to watch over the world she created and she sealed his power away so nobody would ever know and they would assume he's human until she awakened him.

*He could also be Crawford (the rogue Incubus) reborn, and under Karmilla's watch/control. she could have taken his soul and somehow transplanted it into Lark sometime when he was conceived.

*Lark could also be a mutant (like Neal) and could have his powers sealed away by someone.

*A purebred Incubus or Vampire of great importance that was sealed/ or possibly sealed itself away for some crazy reason.

chapter 73 raw: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=297795&seq=77

chapter 72 english: http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/-span-class-style1-Crepuscule--span--72/289565/

Edited by XxJiGGyxX, 31 July 2012 - 10:56 PM.

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
Those aren't incubus eyes in that pic. . .

Ashul Edwaru

Ashul Edwaru

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
what chapter was eye comparison on?

XxJiGGyxX

XxJiGGyxX

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
They aren't Vamp eyes either.

the vamp eyes have extremely tiny pupils but they are visible...

larks eyes were simply red...no pupils at all

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
read mangapirates translation they are up to chapter 74

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

74 is actually the current Naver chapter, I believe it comes out on Sundays, the same as Tower of God...

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Me, I'm actually going to boycott them. Although I am interested in reading further, I find their lock-stock taking on of other scanlation teams' projects abhorrent and rude in the extreme. I can be a patient and good girl. It won't kill me to wait. :)

If they were simply taking up dropped projects, I wouldn't mind... but this is too much. <_<

Edited by Euodiachloris, 01 August 2012 - 10:22 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Me, I'm actually going to boycott them. Although I am interested in reading further, I find their lock-stock taking on of other scanlation teams' projects abhorrent and rude in the extreme. I can be a patient and good girl. It won't kill me to wait. :)

If they were simply taking up dropped projects, I wouldn't mind... but this is too much. <_<

Agreed. Also, the quality is very inferior, and I don't mean anything subjective either, what I mean is poor translations all the way to complete omissions. As a spoiler the same as a fan translation in a forum, sure. That I wouldn't read the real scanlator's updates the second I can? Out of the question.

Tn7HA0h.png