Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is Lark really human?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
I've had an odd thought since seeing the new chaper 5. What if he's neither? Angela's reaction was absolutely bizarre to such an extent that it looks like something definitely isn't ordinary.

Did I miss something, or was the "contract since the beginning of time" truly not explained fully?

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
the thing thats popping into my head is ''BLADE'' but lark dosent have vampire powers (not that we have seen) and his not a badass.
well we all know that he is human but the author said that vampires and humans can have babies together so wtf.
then reading another vampire manga ''rosairo + vampire'' tsukune (main charachter) was injected with vampire blood a bunch of times and now his a half vampire and half human.
soooo i dont know to be sure exactly but......... meh..

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

mikeyeli

mikeyeli

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHonduras
<Tinfoil hat = on>
Here my crazy theory: Lark is the son of a first generation vampire( lady in her dreams ), mixed with a human, so he has all the quality abilities from a vampire, fast regen, red eyes, etc, but is immune to all the stuff that hurt vampires, sunlight, maybe doesnt need blood for long periods of time to live and whatnot. Since hes son of a first gen vamp, he gets that feeling of familiarity with first gens!

Edit: Btw, Angela gave him blood while he was unconscious, so he could heal, he just doesnt remember! the ingredient she was talking about was just BS.

Or the mysterious ingredient was actually Sekreuz's blood, so now hes a half vamp because of it!
</Tinfoil hat>

Edited by mikeyeli, 06 June 2012 - 05:31 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

<Tinfoil hat = on>
Here my crazy theory: Lark is the son of a first generation vampire( lady in her dreams ), mixed with a human, so he has all the quality abilities from a vampire, fast regen, red eyes, etc, but is immune to all the stuff that hurt vampires, sunlight, maybe doesnt need blood for long periods of time to live and whatnot. Since hes son of a first gen vamp, he gets that feeling of familiarity with first gens!
</Tinfoil hat>

I like your theory, I really think there's more to Lark than just a human too, I guess we'll just have to wait to see just what the total story is though. As far as his getting a feeling of familiarity from Sir Nergal there's a specific reason for that............
Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

naphack

naphack

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationIn the Black Forest, Germany
Ok. So how about wrapping it up already?
In the recent chapter, Bathory stated, Nergal was still searching for someone (or something) called Karmilla.
My money is on Karmilla being the woman from Larks dreams and Lark somehow being linked to Nergal.

US RANDOM LEECHERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

You don't scanlate, you don't complain, as simple as that.

shelly

shelly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 302 posts
random idea:
Lark was a first generation vampire that wanted to find a way to coexist with humans, or something, and like, succeeded, by figuring out how to make himself human, but the catch was he had to be 'reborn' and lose his memories and such. :|
This random theory is based completely on the comment "..do all first generations feel so familiar...?" in ch 55

Fables

Fables

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Maybe, the fact that a Vampire mixed with human create a too powerful vampire who is immune against Sun, makes Lark a threat to the vampire society, even though is power is sealed, and that power would have make the Taboo of Human+vampire can't mix. If by accident the power is released, he would become a sort of vampire with powerX10, and could destroy the world or the organisation of the world , so thats why the ode woman who appears in his dreams say he do not belong to this world. Am i right ?

Sorry for my bad english!

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
Well I was thinking about the same thing, a vampire alone has weaknesses, but what IF there was a vampire breed that had children with humans = Powerful vampire, because they won't have weaknesses, and maybe their power develops later, and they still have the same immortal etc etc

OR

Lark is neither human nor vampire, remember they are more races other then vampire, maybe he is some kind of a demon sealed
Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

naphack

naphack

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationIn the Black Forest, Germany
Nergals wording when speaking to Lark seems kinda odd.
His wording implies, Lark doesn't belong/fit in either world.
So then... What is Lark?

US RANDOM LEECHERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

You don't scanlate, you don't complain, as simple as that.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Maybe, anything's possibe, i guess I just took his "positioned in the midddle" comment to refer to the fact that Lark had first hand experience with both worlds, something very, very rare at this point in the vampire wolrd.

It really is becoming much more interesting though, if we take Karmilla to be the dream woman, one, she or at least her consiousness must still exist somehow, and two, she seems to be quite interested in Lark as well. Maybe they really are connected in some way more than just him being an intruder in Crepuscule.

Tn7HA0h.png

mikeyeli

mikeyeli

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Nergals wording when speaking to Lark seems kinda odd.
His wording implies, Lark doesn't belong/fit in either world.
So then... What is Lark?

Well he doesnt belong to the human world, with his red eyes he wouldve been hated for all of his life, but hes not a vampire(or so we think with our current information), so he technically stands in the middle, Nergal's question really isnt implying that lark is something else, hes just seriously asking what he thinks of crepuscule, him having experienced both worlds without belonging completely to neither.

My guess is that Nergal really knows well what and who Lark is, probably Karmilla's son! lol

Btw, based on his eyes, id say its possible hes some sort of descendant of a succubus. The eyes that are the closest to lark's are the succubi ones. Who knows maybe lark really is related to Angela by blood.

Source:
Posted Image

Edited by mikeyeli, 11 June 2012 - 10:08 AM.

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
like a succubus but pitch of dark red and black on top

storyeater

storyeater

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Well I was thinking about the same thing, a vampire alone has weaknesses, but what IF there was a vampire breed that had children with humans = Powerful vampire, because they won't have weaknesses, and maybe their power develops later, and they still have the same immortal etc etc

OR

Lark is neither human nor vampire, remember they are more races other then vampire, maybe he is some kind of a demon sealed

This is actually a good point that I am suprized nobody else brought up.We know 1)Vampires and humans cannot interbreed 2)humans cannot have red eyes and 3)Lark is at least part human.We never learned if there is some other sort of supernatural being with no pact about breeding with humans or having red eyes.So he could be half human half ? for all we know.
Ignorance is a bliss...until you actually understand how many people ,including sometimes yourself,this ignorance destroyed.But,I guess that,when you understant that,you wont be ignorant anymore.

He who does not understand his mistakes,does not learn.He who does not learn,does not grow.He who does not grow,is already dead.

Moderation is the key to virtue.

Everyone claims that he learns from his mistakes,and yet,very few people do.Ah,pride,is it that you are so well hidden from a man's eyes?

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....
Well at this point, knowing Karmilla is an Erzebet, if Lark is related to her he's part succubus not vampire. Succubi never needed blood or had really any of the weaknesses of the other races historically speaking so here's my new standing theory.

1) Karmilla is Lark's mother, and was pregnant with him when she created the Haven of Crepescule, sacrificing both her powers and those of her unborn child Lark (leaving him human).

2) Bathory is some kind of vessel of Karmilla's (perhaps her daughter or something created by her) with the power to enter dreams where Karmilla resides and who, upon waking from her long daze to the birth of Setz from the eternal corpse of Lady Navarus, was captured by Nergal. She fled and found Lark in the bridge between dimensions, choosing to take him with her. Shortly she would discover the world to be ruthless towards her and was forced to return to the relative safety of Crepescule, leaving Lark (human to her perceptions) at a human orphanage in the hopes the world might be kinder to him. She retreats to the Navarus estate and remains there until we see her again in the story.

3) Meanwhile Lark is tossed from family to family, none willing to either kill a child they believe a monster, or let go of the notion that he is. The story begins as one such family contemplates returning him to the orphanage.

4) This relation to Karmilla is why Nergal has taken such a liking to Lark. I doubt he's Lark's father though on the basis that in this world hair color denotes familial affiliation. Though I realize this puts some doubt on my theory of him being Karmilla's son I feel he must have a blond father out there somewhere. And if Lark had pink hair his relation to Crepescule, Angela, Bathory, and Karmilla would have been WAY TOO OBVIOUS early on.

5) In about this many chapters I'm likely going to be proved completely wrong on all fronts but w/e I'll just re-speculate then.

Edited by Inumori, 17 June 2012 - 02:54 PM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Sounds like a good theory.

Tn7HA0h.png

Theoricus

Theoricus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts
Honestly, I don't really know what this story is about anymore?

I mean, I can appreciate the setting and the intrigue being built up around the characters, but it seems pretty pointless without an overarching storyline.

Take ToG for instance, I know the plot is more or less Baam's chasing after the steps of Lahel, the goal of that chase has evolved throughout the story due to well designed plot arcs. The chase being originally one of semi-infatuation, and later one of answers. Lahel's reason to reach the top of the tower is more or less the same reason everyone has, namely that the top of the tower has everything you could ever want; Stars in Lahel's case. Everything else in the story, like Baam being an irregular and his interactions with regulars, rankers, guardians, et cetera, enriches that basic underlying plot.

After 50 chapters Crepuscule seems to have lost that necessary requirement for a story though? After the introduction to the series the plot seemed to start with Baam needing to take a message to the Director, which never happened, and now he's just spinning around aimlessly amongst the intrigues of the other characters. Some more fathomless than others, but none that really give rise to a plot.

I'm all for world and story building, but without an underlying premise to the tale it's all kind of pointless. Or is it just me and I've missed the plot of the story? A goal the main character has that isn't just simply reactive like hiding his identity as a human?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I mean, I can appreciate the setting and the intrigue being built up around the characters, but it seems pretty pointless without an overarching storyline.

Take ToG for instance, I know the plot is more or less Baam's chasing after the steps of Lahel, the goal of that chase has evolved throughout the story due to well designed plot arcs. The chase being originally one of semi-infatuation, and later one of answers. Lahel's reason to reach the top of the tower is more or less the same reason everyone has, namely that the top of the tower has everything you could ever want; Stars in Lahel's case. Everything else in the story, like Baam being an irregular and his interactions with regulars, rankers, guardians, et cetera, enriches that basic underlying plot.

After 50 chapters Crepuscule seems to have lost that necessary requirement for a story though? After the introduction to the series the plot seemed to start with Baam needing to take a message to the Director, which never happened, and now he's just spinning around aimlessly amongst the intrigues of the other characters. Some more fathomless than others, but none that really give rise to a plot.

I'm all for world and story building, but without an underlying premise to the tale it's all kind of pointless. Or is it just me and I've missed the plot of the story? A goal the main character has that isn't just simply reactive like hiding his identity as a human?

Well, in all fairness, it is a complex story that has a number of different, seemingly unrelated, smaller stories going on all at once. I suppose the expectation one would have is that all the seperate elements will eventually come together, and even now that is beginning to happen.
No, this isn't a story that has shown us everything yet. Everybody likes different stuff, I've literally quit mangas after reading 250 chapters of them. If you ain't digging it, dump it.

Tn7HA0h.png

mikeyeli

mikeyeli

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHonduras

I think youre right, imo ToG is one of the best stories ive ever read, the ending of the first season was EPIC for me, and tbh its just really really hard for something else to come along and even compare to that.

Having said that, I think Crepuscule is a different story completely, to me(maybe not to everyone else) comparing Crepuscule to ToG is like apples and oranges, theyre completely different flavors of manhwa, and Crepusculse has no intention of competing with ToG in the first place.

Crepuscule has its merits, and the small plots and the subtle long plot related subjects(What is clark, Sekreuz's friendship, Karmilla) are entertaining enough for me, I like the story as it is, and the author should just let the story evolve.

If you dont like Crepuscle, well, no one is really forcing you to read this. There are a ton of stories out there for you to choose.

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
yes tog is the best, i just want lark to do something cool or have a special abilily.

Junim

Junim

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
ooh, in the most recent chapter, Neal said that "first generations aren't born in this world." Maybe that's hinting to Lark being one of the first generations?