Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is Lark really human?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a city hotter than hell.

Or......he could just have a reeeaaaally bad case of pinkeye....

Pinkeye was so bad it made his irises red and his corneas remained white..... that made me laugh.

Edited by d4rk, 01 February 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Cacuu

Cacuu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Pinkeye was so bad it made his irises red and his corneas remained white..... that made me laugh.

you're underestimating the power the pinkeye, sir.

bluename

bluename

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Image

Or, Karmrilla's Ghost is giving him the choice of staying human or becoming vampire.

So looking back at chapter 92, I decided to take a good look at his eyes, and it seems to me that he is a pureblood vampire according to the chart
Spoiler

But I'm not sure because in some parts the pupil isn't there (or maybe it is too small to see)

Edited by bluename, 04 March 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Posted Image

Because Baam's worth it

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Well, Setz (mom and dad were pureblood) also has pupils that don't seem to be there, as well as Karne (whose family is also pureblood). So yeah, pureblood.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

So looking back at chapter 92, I decided to take a good look at his eyes, and it seems to me that he is a pureblood vampire according to the chart

Spoiler

But I'm not sure because in some parts the pupil isn't there (or maybe it is too small to see)

If you read up untill the most recent chapters, you will know that the red head is actually Chepesh - a first generation pureblood vampire,and not some kind of doppelganger of Lark

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

bluename

bluename

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, I found out after mangapirate released the translations recently, which completely threw off my theory about him being a pure blood! Whatever Lark is, he must be someone of some kind of importance or he has some kind of special ability for he seems to be able to communicate in some degree with both Carmila and Tepes.

Posted Image

Because Baam's worth it

ShinyUmbreon

ShinyUmbreon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Location...... nya :3

If you read up untill the most recent chapters, you will know that the red head is actually Chepesh - a first generation pureblood vampire,and not some kind of doppelganger of Lark

True. The big question is why and how Lark can come into contact with them in his dreams, and how he can use Chepesh's ability.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

True. The big question is why and how Lark can come into contact with them in his dreams, and how he can use Chepesh's ability.

It appears that Chepesh simply granted Lark the ability of "Light" (as we now know of). But how Lark and Chepesh are even truly related to each other beats me.... Some have throw out some theories saying that Chepesh is sealed inside of Lark, but I'm not to sure how much spine that theory has...

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

Edited by Daemon, 04 May 2013 - 11:47 AM.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

ShinyUmbreon

ShinyUmbreon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Location...... nya :3

It could be that Lark is actually a vampire with the ability to become a pureblood human/vampire, minus eye color. That could explain his eye color and his human blood/scent. The only way that CHepesh and/or Karmilla could tie in to this theory is if he is both or one of their sons, or his ability allows communication in his dreams (2 of the three succubi that we know in the story so far have an ability involving dreams). Chepesh  is probably protecting Lark in order to get revenge on the council, but even that reason is up in the air. It could be that he wants revenge on just a select few members of the council for non-Crepuscule reasons. It has been pointed to in previous chapters that Guilles and Chepesh had a rocky past that has made Guilles want revenge against Chepesh.

shoushikochou

shoushikochou

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

what if his a pureblood but magic was used to make his irises look human?

"My soul, corrupted by vengeance, hath endured torment to find the end of the journey, in my own salvation and your eternal slumber."

Genesis Rhapsodos

Comfort Eagle

Comfort Eagle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationByron Bay

what if his a pureblood but magic was used to make him seem human, though it failed to change the eyes?

There, I fixed that for you.

(21.jpg)

---------------------------

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, I strongly believe we're very soon to learn the reason for / mystery of Lark's eyes in the current arc. Tepes being involved with Lark's mother while she's carrying him seems to be a pretty big hint that something is on the way. Granted Lark's mom  is already just about to pop, so I mean, he's human, no real question..........but I'd think we'll see that Tepes had some sort of influence / took some sort of action involving the pregnancy or infant Lark,  and that's the cause of his red eyes, not anything to do with his ancestry.   

Tn7HA0h.png

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Well we know Lark is originally human child... But just how much human is he atm?

pokeroots

pokeroots

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
Well no one's probably around any more but it's been revealed that he is human and some stuff happened in the human world and his mom hung out with the human side monsters and that caused his red eyes and he is tepezes kid due to the fact she is a lady

Popcrazy

Popcrazy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHint: there's lots of people

Well no one's probably around any more but it's been revealed that he is human and some stuff happened in the human world and his mom hung out with the human side monsters and that caused his red eyes and he is tepezes kid due to the fact she is a lady

Tepes said herself that lark being born with red eyes was not her doing, and yes... tepes watched over lark most of his life but shes not his real parent, more like just a guardian. Well, she's gone now,..Carmilla said Tepes was leaving for good this time..so I don't think we'll see her again, unless the author decides to bring her character back with some cheap excuse for her return like  "I decided to watch over lark for a bit longer..." but if that happens, I wont be happy with that kind of whim like attitude.

I think one of larks parents, either his mother or father.. has a grand parent or some other distant relation, that's related to the pact made between humans and vampires that was talked about recently in the new chapters.  ..Lark received those red eyes from one of his earlier predecessors (great grand parents, ect) but that trait skipped some generations (including his parents) and was eventually passed on to him. (basically one of his ancestors was the one who created this pact)

This pact is about the humans/vampires promising the other something. it hasn't been revealed what that is yet..

~Well, I'm sure we'll find out real soon though! :)