Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

TYPE-MOON Discussions <<WARNING: SPOILERS>>

TYPE-MOON Carnival Phantasm Tsukihime Kara no Kyoukai FATE Melty Blood Mahou Tsukai no Yoru Nasuverse

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

HERE I AM KURO, I'M HERE

Now quick, someone give me a summary of like, the past 1000 years of nasuverse news because apparently I've been in a lifeless vortex for a while, and what's this I hear about an UBW series? A HF movie?? Whaaaaaaat? Just how much have I been missing out on??

MEZZZZOOOOOOO!!!!! *awesome hugs*

Nice to see you back! You can have fun going through the past 10 pages, not much has changed since the Kara no Kyoukai movie and the end of Fate/Zero.

There is the spin off Illya series thats been ongoing and milking more of Fate but not much happened until just now.

Ufotable first announced a remake of the Fate/Stay Night as a follow up to the Fate/Zero production they have done . At first we all thought it will definitely be Heaven's Feel tv series. However,  just this week they've announced that Heaven's Feel will me made into a movie production in parts just like Kara no Kyoukai. While for the tv series coming out in october will be a remake of the UBW route! So scrap what you saw in UBW movie and feast your eyes on this ufotable version! You can see it on the first page of this discussion for pictures. Links and youtube videos was provided a few posts above!

On a side note, I did translate like somewhat of the audio file in fate/zero season II BD batch here. Will translate the rest eventually if you want to check that out.

What else am I missing??

EDIT: I did post a news summary on Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia 2 pages ago

Edited by 「黑風影」, 31 July 2014 - 02:11 AM.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Aahhhhhh, such super exciting news!! And hopefully once they've finished with the Fate stuff they can think about animating Tsukihime...and I wouldn't mind a Mahoyo animation either, since it seems like it'll be a while before the translation is ready :/ Wonder how many movies they'll be splitting HF into though? It's been ages since I read it, but it didn't seem that long...

And wow, F/HA is finally done? Also exciting!! Does this mean a full patch has been released? Or are they waiting until proofreading is done?

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Aahhhhhh, such super exciting news!! And hopefully once they've finished with the Fate stuff they can think about animating Tsukihime...and I wouldn't mind a Mahoyo animation either, since it seems like it'll be a while before the translation is ready :/ Wonder how many movies they'll be splitting HF into though? It's been ages since I read it, but it didn't seem that long...

And wow, F/HA is finally done? Also exciting!! Does this mean a full patch has been released? Or are they waiting until proofreading is done?

That is also what I'm wondering about. Heaven's Feel was distinctly longer the the rest of the arcs ( remember falling asleep trying to click on it all). I would think max 5 maybe would be done in 4 section. The final would definitely contain the unleashed powers of Rider +Shirou vs Saber, Rin vs Sakura and Shirou vs Kirei. The first arc would future pretty much all the deaths happening around fuyuki due to Sakura devouring (hahaah I remember Gil got devoured XD). It would probably end with Saber and Beserker being devoured and Archer losing them.

Another good question is, how would the avoid the excessive ero scenes with Sakura (god i dislike her)? I mean in Kara no Kyoukai they did a pretty bloody rape scene and all so hmmm...

I also hope that they would put in the Epic Kirei Mapo Tofu event and the Kirei vs True Assassin + Zouken.

Hahah XD They are only releasing the full patch after proofreading.... by the time that is done... I think we will have our patch by December of this year or early next year.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

That is also what I'm wondering about. Heaven's Feel was distinctly longer the the rest of the arcs ( remember falling asleep trying to click on it all). I would think max 5 maybe would be done in 4 section. 

The parts that felt the longest to me were when Sakura was devouring people, and it was all atmospheric horror stuff (though maybe it just felt longer because I'm a scaredy cat haha) but I can't help but feel like those scenes will be totally different once they're animated. I mean, it was all directly from Sakura's POV, narrated by her own voice, buuut it was in text so it wasn't immediately obvious that it was her. So I feel like they're going to have to shorten those scenes somehow, or it'll spoil too much...I dunno, it's just going to be sooo different when it's animated! I can't really imagine it!!

Another good question is, how would the avoid the excessive ero scenes with Sakura (god i dislike her)? I mean in Kara no Kyoukai they did a pretty bloody rape scene and all so hmmm...

This has always been my number one concern in regards to a HF adaption. I don't want them to animate all of that!! I hope they find a way to exclude it, like, sure it's connected to the plot but god it doesn't have to be. Sakura already had plenty of reasons to lose her mind, and she was also literally eating people. What does the sex add to the story at all??

Hahah XD They are only releasing the full patch after proofreading.... by the time that is done... I think we will have our patch by December of this year or early next year.

Ahhh well, still sooner than I had expected! Which is to say, I'd sort of given up hope on it ever happening. So I'll be happy whenever it's out!

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere

Not sure if you guys have already heard but there is going to be a new Fate game for iOS and Android called Fate/Grand Order ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUNxqTsdmsE

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

Hopefully, this thread will be active once again once Fate/Stay Night 2014 aired. The first episode just aired on Los Angeles and the reception has been more positive unlike F/Z's first episode. They say that the action scene between Archer and Lancer is leagued beyond any fight in F/Z.

sigpic578_26.gif

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Episode 1:

Archer is so GAR kyaa and Rin's nose looks weird. Lancer's expressions was spot on too.

This is a much more enjoyable first episode than Fate/Zero and the difference between the tone of the two works clearly shows here. The animation, as always ufotable delivers. The talking is much more visually entertaining than F/Z's stiff talking heads though i hope the budget and the animation will be at least consistent till episode 12. The Lancer and Archer fight was visually stunning and got my blood pumping. Too bad that it's pretty short.

This episode adapts the prologue and Rin's PoV. Next epiosde will be an another 47 minutes and this time, Emiya Shirou's PoV. Next saturday can't come sooner!

sigpic578_26.gif

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere

I pretty much agree with everything that was said above, though Archer and Lancer fight was even better than what I expected it to be, hahaha ^^

But I have one question, is this going to be only 12 episodes? Or will there be a next season that continues where the previous one ended? ^^

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

I pretty much agree with everything that was said above, though Archer and Lancer fight was even better than what I expected it to be, hahaha ^^

But I have one question, is this going to be only 12 episodes? Or will there be a next season that continues where the previous one ended? ^^

It's a split cour like Fate/Zero to maintain the budget for the next season.

sigpic578_26.gif

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

just a Question to you Fate watchers here, Will Emiya be more... bearable in this Route/ 2014 Anime?

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

just a Question to you Fate watchers here, Will Emiya be more... bearable in this Route/ 2014 Anime?

When you say bearable are you referring to the level of dunceness? or are you referring to not letting shit saber battle and all that jazz?

Its for this remake, its going down the UBW route + its ufotable  so they are really going to stick close the game. As for this route, expect at least two grand battles with shirou at the end. If you want total badasser shirou then I suggest you wait for the Heaven's Feel route movie.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

When you say bearable are you referring to the level of dunceness? or are you referring to not letting shit saber battle and all that jazz?

Its for this remake, its going down the UBW route + its ufotable  so they are really going to stick close the game. As for this route, expect at least two grand battles with shirou at the end. If you want total badasser shirou then I suggest you wait for the Heaven's Feel route movie.

He doesn't have to be a Badass at all,

Just not an idiot and Pathetic i mean.

both, but mainly the first.

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

He doesn't have to be a Badass at all,

Just not an idiot and Pathetic i mean.

both, but mainly the first.

There is no escaping the dunceness. The first half of the season would be again a slowish start, however, there is probably (if memory serves me well) less of the "point out the obvious" and "patheticness" in UBW route compare to Fate route. So rest assured.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

There is no escaping the dunceness. The first half of the season would be again a slowish start, however, there is probably (if memory serves me well) less of the "point out the obvious" and "patheticness" in UBW route compare to Fate route. So rest assured.

ah, ok.
I hope the anime lives up to it's hype.
Thanks for the Info :)

Lonely-signature.png

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
1: The OP and ED were good. I like action scenes in the OP and dat Kalafina ED!

So we get to see more insight about Shirou's Characterization than the previous one adaptation and i do hope that people will have a different perspective on this Shirou than the previous ones. As always the action between Saber and Lancer was good but i still think the Archer and Lancer was better personally. That Gae bolg scene was made more intense with the slow motion.

sigpic578_26.gif

Ellen Baker

Ellen Baker

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 409 posts

Ufotable quality animation is wasted on Shinji's face. Can't wait to see this guy get murked honestly.

Also seeing the OP I wonder if we'll get bonus scene of Lancer vs Berserker?

tumblr_o5aovyN5Ko1u41kbzo1_540.png

Spoiler

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

48V17IN.jpg

Lonely-signature.png

Ellen Baker

Ellen Baker

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 409 posts

http://i.imgur.com/XSe9P9e.jpg

Command seals. Forever a bane for Saber.

tumblr_o5aovyN5Ko1u41kbzo1_540.png

Spoiler

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10734607/1/Shirou-and-Lancer-Drink-Tea

I. Don't. Even. Lol xD

Lonely-signature.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

I understand that everyone here is amped up by ufotable's UBW anime going on, but I interupt this scene to bring you a very important message....

*ahem*
Jmuqe.jpg

(Gilgamesh at the far back yelling towards the sea): REJOICE YOU MONGRELS! GROVEL AT THE SIGHT OF ITS GLORY!
The years you have been waiting for is finally over, sorta.... Fate/Hollow Ataraixa 100% patch is finally out (12 days late for this news)! However, this is beta patch... they are still working out with QA process. So if people don't exactly care about typos and crashes, you can join in and help out the QA process. Those who still want to wait since you aren't in a rush to play it, well, just for a warning the final QA would probably be a very slow progress.