Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Listen to the Song Above

• Please log in to reply
1596 replies to this topic

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I'd imagine that's because the Irish accent is rather different than that of the English and Welsh, though the accent in the north is similar to some Scottish accents supposedly. A lot of Irish folk songs are upbeat you'll find they are either very upbeat and festive or incredibly sombre - that one in particular was a song celebrating the victory of Fiach Mac Aodha Ó Broin over the English Lord Deputy Arthur Grey in the battle of Glenmalure during the Desmond Rebellions.

Less tangentially and more relevantly, that song sounded incredibly familiar, almost as if it was used as part of a soundtrack, I don't think it would have been out of place in a game such as the Final Fantasy series

Spoiler

not something i'd typically listen to, but it's not bad. 

Spoiler

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I love it. So relaxing to listen to ~.~

A Fable about the Lunar Carriage

Spoiler

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

firstly, that album cover is great. fits in with their band name, and with the kind of music they play.

the song itself is pretty chill (chill enough to be relaxing listening, but not chill enough for elevators or lounges or other quieter places.) it's hard to pinpoint what instruments are being used in the background, with the leading piano, guitars, flute, and drums being the more outstanding sounds. it's also hard to see what genre of music this might be - it sounds like a bit of everything, being a mish-mash of rock, jazz, and orchestral influences.

at some point, even the melody itself is hard to hear. but i guess that's the point. it also rounds off really nicely, with that same solo piano finishing the piece.

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

I haven't listened to Three Days Grace for years, I got flashbacks to being fourteen listening to that

Spoiler

Edited by ThatYellowFever, 13 December 2015 - 04:57 PM.

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

Something new for me. Neither like or dislike it, but it's quite an ear worm. The idea behind the MV is beyond me though.

Thought I might put some of my favourite songs here. I listen to songs in several languages so you might not always understand the lyrics... but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the music and emotions behind ;) So here's one quite popular where I come from:

Salon by Eason Chan (Salon as in a hall for exhibiting paintings/photos). It's about capturing every moment of your life and savouring each memory.

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

Something new for me. Neither like or dislike it, but it's quite an ear worm. The idea behind the MV is beyond me though.

Thought I might put some of my favourite songs here. I listen to songs in several languages so you might not always understand the lyrics... but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the music and emotions behind ;) So here's one quite popular where I come from:

Salon by Eason Chan (Salon as in a hall for exhibiting paintings/photos). It's about capturing every moment of your life and savouring each memory.

Spoiler

I rather like Eason Chan, this song included. Though the Hong Kong music I listen to these days is usually limited to either He, Dear Jane, Mr., LMF or the older cantopop stuff like George Lam, Beyond, Jacky Cheung & Leon Lai etc.

This is one of my all time favourite songs Cantonese or otherwise and it's also from one of my favourite films!

Spoiler

Edited by ThatYellowFever, 13 December 2015 - 07:45 PM.

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

That sounded quite nice and somewhat familiar for some reason. I love topics like this because of music like that. Normally, I would most likely never have heard that song.

Spoiler

Toastur

Toastur

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Really really liked this, very relaxing and very much like music i already listen to.

Spoiler

Edited by Toastur, 13 December 2015 - 10:49 PM.

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

This is kinda hilarious. And yes I agree with Akumetsu. Never would've listened to this kind of song if not for this thread.

Now let's have some Russian pop. 7 Tsifr - Sergey Lazarov.

Spoiler

LeturLefr

LeturLefr

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Town Of Duwang

Welp. A pop is a pop.

After working in a resto, I kinda get it why they use this kind of song,

It fit with the casual feeling when you're in there.

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

That song was pleasant but so very boring, I can't say I liked it much

Spoiler

Toastur

Toastur

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Yo this was super good, looking up more from him for sure.

Spoiler

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

Oh I love this!

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

I have to watch this movie now

Spoiler

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

classic. great sakamoto production.

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

Did that sample other songs or was it an original beat? I swear I heard a few different songs in there but I can't quite put my finger on what they were especially at 3:10. That's going to drive me insane now haha

Spoiler

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

That was fun to watch, it's a very sweet video and I love those accents! It's also rather hard to sit still while listening to this.

Spoiler

Toastur

Toastur

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

One of my favorite songs by Gorillaz, though, I  like the majority of their songs.

Spoiler

Moonlight's_Shadow

Moonlight's_Shadow

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMy room

Wow, that song is deep, specially the last part.

Spoiler

Edited by Moonlight's_Shadow, 02 January 2016 - 02:30 AM.

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

Jeez, almost melted away there. So sweet sounding, and the video is all lovey dovey too. I can't handle listening to this often, haha.

Spoiler