Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Listen to the Song Above

• Please log in to reply
1596 replies to this topic

Toastur

Toastur

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Regardless of not knowing what he was saying I still really liked the beat of the song, it reminded me of some old hip-hop I used to listen to.

Spoiler

LeturLefr

LeturLefr

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Town Of Duwang

I definitly not expecting that to be hip hop with that name,

The one thing that made me enjoy hip hop is their instrumentals,

Especially the kind of beat/loop like that,

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

I quite like this, his voice is sounds like Chris Cornell but the song itself is more reminiscent of Bon Iver maybe? It's cool

Spoiler

GeorgeAlex

GeorgeAlex

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 923 posts

I haven't heard this song from him yet until now. I only know Higher Love and Wicked Game and they're good. I will try to listen more to his other songs. 

Spoiler

Song of the day:
Castle On The Hill
- Ed Sheeran

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

I love Ben Howard, that entire album is phenomenal

Spoiler

GeorgeAlex

GeorgeAlex

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 923 posts

Haha, my dad used to listen to that band. I will never forget. Good, good. 

Spoiler

Song of the day:
Castle On The Hill
- Ed Sheeran

Spoiler

Toastur

Toastur

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

omg  I love Caravan Palace! Glad to see another fan!

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

That was cool! I'm rather sad I haven't heard of them before

Spoiler

Endrak

Endrak

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen North

Would you believe me if I told you I've never heard of that artist? It's not what I usually listen to, but I like it.

Spoiler

Edited by Endrak, 07 December 2015 - 10:28 AM.

Kaw-ah-ee. Dess-oo caww. Colon, three. Colon, three. Tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde tilde

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Somehow completely missed them making this cover o: me likey ~.~

song link

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

That was okay, to be honest I didn't find it to be anything special, I wouldn't turn it over if it came on the radio, but I wouldn't put it on either.

Spoiler

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

quite soothing/pleasant, especially the louder emotional part near the end; had some mixed feelings about it initially but after listening to it the second time later they were gone, so probably just me not being in mood for it earlier; that other guy throwing mf comment before 2:00 felt out of place imo

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

This song feels a bit heavy, as if he's singing his heart out or something. Quite good but not something I could listen to a lot.

Spoiler

Toastur

Toastur

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Only song I've heard from them is Seven Nation Army, I did like this song though kinda sad i haven't listened to more.

Spoiler

Rest in Beats Nujabes

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Only song I've heard from them is Seven Nation Army, I did like this song though kinda sad i haven't listened to more.

Spoiler

Rest in Beats Nujabes

not my favorite Nujabes song. it's ok, but it's not his best.

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

not my favorite Nujabes song. it's ok, but it's not his best.

Spoiler

Jesus where do I start with this, It felt like it was the musical embodiment of Oriental stereotypes or the result of a Japanese ghost haunting a radio, I'm not necessarily saying that it's  a bad thing, it was just jarring to listen to.

Spoiler

Edited by ThatYellowFever, 11 December 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Jesus where do I start with this, It felt like it was the musical embodiment of Oriental stereotypes or the result of a Japanese ghost haunting a radio, I'm not necessarily saying that it's  a bad thing, it was just jarring to listen to.

Spoiler

irish, huh? i know a few irish tunes to. top banter before he sings the song. good song!

Spoiler

Ireland's most underrated artist!

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

irish, huh? i know a few irish tunes to. top banter before he sings the song. good song!

Spoiler

Ireland's most underrated artist!

It's really a shame the way in which his career and life ended.

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

despite having lived in the UK for 2 years, the man's accent was beyond what i could understand. probably because i'd never actually been to ireland.

the song is really upbeat, really reminiscent of old folk dance music. the clapping makes it even better. i can make out around 30% of what the guy is singing, but his voice sounds just right for the song.

Spoiler

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

the song is really upbeat, really reminiscent of old folk dance music. the clapping makes it even better. I can make out around 30% of what the guy is singing, but his voice sounds just right for the song.

I'd imagine that's because the Irish accent is rather different than that of the English and Welsh, though the accent in the north is similar to some Scottish accents supposedly. A lot of Irish folk songs are upbeat you'll find they are either very upbeat and festive or incredibly sombre - that one in particular was a song celebrating the victory of Fiach Mac Aodha Ó Broin over the English Lord Deputy Arthur Grey in the battle of Glenmalure during the Desmond Rebellions.

Less tangentially and more relevantly, that song sounded incredibly familiar, almost as if it was used as part of a soundtrack, I don't think it would have been out of place in a game such as the Final Fantasy series

Spoiler