Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

In Memory of Jabberwocky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

Ran★Moonie

Ran★Moonie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Locationin the realm of unconsciousness
OH MY GOD!!
this is unbelievable...i'm jus plain stunned and speechless right now...
when i saw fozzy's sig about jabber i thought it was some sort of game or joke...but then when i saw this thread...my heart just sank...
i didn't know jabber that well but we exchanged some words (especially bout vampire diaries) before...and jus from that short conversation i saw what an awesome guy he was...

you will be highly missed Jabber and i really hope this is so not true and so not happening...
Batoto won't be the same without Jabber...he made Batoto special by jus being himself...

you were the best...one of a kind...and you will forever be remembered in our hearts...

JABBERWOCKY FOREVER <3...

tumblr_o6ntzceUea1twrse4o1_540.jpg

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else."   

ALL HAIL TREBOR

ALL HAIL TREBOR

Unloved Potato

• Banned
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUSA
I don't want to believe it, how certain are you about this information?

I hope he just logs in back from vacation and gets a good laugh out of this, but if he really has passed away then, damn.
Back when I joined the forums it was pretty dead, he made it so lively posting everywhere, and replying to everyone.
He was a great kid, and I give him my love and respect, I wish his family is coping alright.
I would love to talk to him one last time and tell him how I appreciated his company.

Rest well bud
I decided to impersonate an admin, and all I got was this lousy gimped account. :(

I'm also banned because I'm a sockpuppet of Kurt/POMF :(

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNear to you is where I´m found~ ... In the beauty of your sound~ ...
oh god ... this just too sad ... I know the feeling when u lose loved ones ... oh god ...
I never got to know him, but I read some of his posts and he seemed like an awesome guy - I regret to never getting to know him *sob*

Posted Image

The yellow Zenia bears the meaning of daily remembrance ...
and I lay it on your grave because I´m sure your friends will remember u forever for the many bonds u created in your life ...

Rest in Peace ...

Edited by YouEnjoySilence, 28 March 2012 - 12:13 PM.

8m6xshwg.png

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me~ ... I don´t dare let the darkness have its way with me~ ...
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight~ ... I will not be giving in tonight~ ...

Kii리엔코트

Kii리엔코트

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationA place where I'm surrounded by my own harem of PANDAS :3
I obviously don't know him.
Yet I still feel so sad and depressed.
I wish I could share with everyone's pain.
It seems he's so dear to all, I wish I could know him too.
At least one conversation from him would be enough. T.T

Wherever you are Rafael, I wish you happiness.
Do not forget that every single cell in this place will REMEMBER you always and forever.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
i didn't know him personally, but i'd be lying if i said he didn't make an impression
in lack of better words, i'll use a part of a mourning song that i really like:

meia lua hoje é
lua inteira a clarear
a alma do jabberwocky
que lá no céu vai chegar
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia
I never really knew Jabberwocky very well, but I'm very sorry to see him go. I hope that he finds peace wherever he might be. RIP, my friend.

rockiNangeL

rockiNangeL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationN/A
He died on my birthday... :(

I'm shocked... it's hard to believe... ;A; He was one of my first friends on batoto :(

RIP Jab, we'll miss you

tumblr_nllawmmmfo1qdpo2no1_500.gif

©®åƒ†¥µåGGø†

©®åƒ†¥µåGGø†

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationIn your ear.
I never really knew him unfortunately. What limited interaction we had was perhaps on that thread where you post words beginning with the letter "A", which isn't particularly a social endeavor. So I decided to forum search and get at least some picture of who he was... Do a forum search for Jabberwocky (as topic list), and look at "Last Post Wins" thread.

This really made me laugh. http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/972-would-you-rather/page__hl__jabberwocky__st__604

Edited by 01011001, 28 March 2012 - 03:37 PM.

Looks like a duck? Tastes like a duck? Walks like a duck? It's a panda! :batoto_010:
oh darn.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
You know Rafael

I thought we can be really a good team like

Leonardo, Rafael , Michael Angelo and Donatello
(like in ninja turtles)

so I changed my nick into Leonardo after our last conversation.(on 17 march)

But today is the worst day i have ever had in my whole life time.

If you can please come and laugh whole of this please!

And don't make us that much sad! I can't be the Leonardo without Rafael. Just come okay?

Just come and call me with this "You crazy sonuvabitch!"

*i know i am a bit emo but it can't be helped*

Edited by Leonardo, 28 March 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

perish

perish

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Locationcannot be located
Leonardo, i don't exactly know what to do in this kind of situation

but i would like you to know i am here, and i think you should not be ashamed( i know you aren't) or embarrassed that you feel so emotional

It's better to mourn then to bury it in your heart !

Sratis

Sratis

Potato

• Contributor
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWhen the sun is Down, I'm Up.
Maybe this is too late (Didn't even knew about it).
I'm not sure if this is true or not But anyways whenever you are, Jab, you will always be our friend, the time we spent with you will forever be in our minds.

15dkqpg.png

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky
You said to post whatever in tribute of him, so I'm just going to put this up. I don't think it does Rafael real justice, but its the best I can do. Sorry if it seems too lighthearted.

Ode to Jabberwocky/Jack/Rafael:

Our friend Rafael was a troll of a man
many a troll joke was writ by his troll hand
His jokes, they were funny
always amusing and new
The spirit of a creator
yeah Jabs, that was you
You've up and left Batoto
and all the world behind
But though you're gone from our forums
your forever in our hearts and minds.

Edited by theroadstopshere, 28 March 2012 - 11:04 PM.

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
I never knew him but I've seen him in the forums a couple times, he seemed like a great guy. I never even talked to him once but seeing his face and avatar on your guys' sig and reading some of his past posts really hit me, even I'm feeling down.

That was a great poem road, it's definitely not too lighthearted I'm sure he would've liked you posting a lighthearted poem rather than a depressing somber one (though it's not really my place to say anything since I never knew him).

signature.jpg

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I read the news this afternoon at work..... and it still hits me hard now.
After reading about it at work, my heart just grew heavy and swelled up to only taste sour.
Even when I thought about what to write the rest of the day... my mind is just blank right now.
All I could think about was how fragile life can be at times and how young you were.

I don't know much about Jab personally, nor did I have much of an interaction with him compare to the rest of the batoto gang.
I still remember the times we had word duels in the word association sections... no other words were exchanged but I knew he won.
(damnit I'm tearing up now) I also remember, he was the first person I poked in the forum game and he said I was too soft.
I often read what he had posted on the forums and honesty he made me laugh... He was one of the reason why batoto forums was so great.

Jab if you can magically read these messages from the beyond.
I know its long but I hope that you will somehow be able to read through it all.....

I wanted to let you know that I've always love your signatures (you and kurt swing about) and avatar display picture (was unique and had swag) but was too shy to tell you.

I wanted to let you know that I always thought you were a cool, brave and strong person to be able to say whats on your mind. You can also be a softie when you aren't trolling =) Although its may be too late to tell you now.... Thank man, for all the times you made me smile.

Even though, in the end with all your pain of being sick, you still left messages behind for the people you deeply cared about.
I wanted to let you know that you have my respect and we would miss you a lot, some of which is missing you already.

You've touched people in your own way and hopefully lived a life without regrets.
I want to let you know You were a great man and left a legacy, in peoples heart's, mind and the world. Be proud of that.

On a personal note, I wanted to have known you a little better. Maybe if I push the Hornwocky button you would magically appear again to Horns side...still aiming to take the throne from Katsuri to be the king of manga readers.... or that kurt and you would come out and tease girls again on forums. I'm sorry for the things I couldn't do for you... but would you still be a friend of ours in our next lives?

I hope everyone thoughts were able to reach to you.
Wherever you are, If the place is cold and dark. I hope that every one of our thoughts would light the way and guide you to your path.
We will always be thinking of you so you won't be too lonely =)
We are lucky to have met you and be graced by your presences.
If we meet sometimes in the after lives, lets meet up, have a drink and share some laughs with all the batoto gang okay?

May you rest in peace Jab, We love you from the buttom of our hearts.
-Kuro

Edited by 「黑風影」, 29 March 2012 - 03:48 AM.

Autumn

Autumn

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationBelgium
T_T Just saw this now

This is so sad. I heard you were ill, of course, but I would have never imagined it was this serious.

You were pretty much a constant of my time in Batoto, always there. Well not so much lately, which rather saddened me. You were after all a very nice and funny person to interact with, and your antics always made me smile.

The forums just weren't the same without you... and now, they will never be.
We'll miss you lots.
RIP.

... And now I think I'll just spend the rest of my time looking through old posts.

*Ninja'd since... 2011*

Also... can't seem to do calculations properly

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone" (Paul Verlaine)

-> if you're bored and don't know french, you can always try to (google-)TL this^^

Kookie.

Kookie.

Potato

• The Company
  • 195 posts
  • LocationIn your snack pantry.
No no no. This can't be. I never thought you being sick back then was this serious. T__T You're immortal right?! You can't die! Save him Barry. :c

I cannot say that I knew Jab well, even via internet, but we did interact in the forums and some status chats. When I learned of the news, I was at a bit of a loss as to what to say, other than that he will be missed. I regret that I did not have the opportunity (or, rather, take the opportunity) to get to know him more. One thing is for sure, you were able to effortlessly make everyone else smile and laugh.

Jab, you will be in the thoughts and hearts of many of us, throughout the world. You will be greatly missed.
R.I.P Jab / Rafael.

Edited by kookieluvr., 29 March 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
I actually haven't been reading as much manga after I saw this news. I haven't been on IRC for a while, either.

For now, I'll just try my best to try and feel better about this and cope. I know he's want us to be happy and keep the spirit of fun going.

Because of that, I'm planning on making a tribute to him in the Batoto Sings thread in the near future.

It's not a request, it's more of a suggestion, but one day, one day... I would like to see you guys singing the first One Piece opening, if possible.

Anyone who wants to join in or help in any way would be appreciated.

2z50p6t.png

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Kuro, that was beautiful.

And we should honor his wish with the song.

sig-1.png

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud
well i knew jabb a bit i took the time to get to know him! wen i first met jabber i didn't like him cause he was like me. we argued a lot in the game forums and i kicked his butt. but he was mentally more crazy, weirder them me haha... i like talking to the guy cause he was natural, random like me. we also had a couple things in common. both loved soccer, rooted for the same team, both vampire diary hardcore fans, supernatural, we both have super religious Mommy's who do everything for us. he had swag! remember telling him if i went to Brazil this summer we should totally hang out! i'm praying for the guy! def miss ma bro from another mother!

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~

remember telling him if i went to Brazil this summer we should totally hang out!

Bro here is our conversation

i won't cut it i'll show you all of it. Please don't misunderstand anything
Spoiler

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler