Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto sings

Batoto sings music voices dont be shy patoto orchestra fun

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

OK, Batoto! After a rather interesting Skype call, I thought, "Batoto should have karaoke thread!"

That's right! We should totally sing our hearts out and display it for others! We could even sing in a chorus like those guys at Nico Nico Douga.
Here's an example of how amazing this could possibly be.

That's right, those are fans singing that. Not professional artists, but fans.

Even if we don't do as well as the amazing Nico Nico Chorus, we could still do good. Actually, it doesn't even matter how good we are! It's about F-U-N.

Here's an example of an English speaking group singing an anime song, for those who think, "IMPOSSIBRU! They must use Japanese magic to sound that good!"

Spoiler

We can even do remixes such as this next song.

Warning: Contains foul language

EDIT: Also, to clarify (because someone asked), solos ARE accepted. No matter how many people sing a song, it still counts. If you sing a song solo, you will still get support with editing as if you were in a group song.
___________________________________________________________________________________
CURRENT PROJECT / INFO

Currently in discussion. Feel free to discuss the current songs choices in the thread. smile.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Future Projects
Just PM me any song suggestions / projects you want to start up. Remember, this is a community project, so you have the final say! wink.png
___________________________________________________________________________________
FINISHED / ON HOLD

(Almost) Finished Product: LINK
Song: Renai Circulation
Lyrics: LINK (written) and LINK (with video sing along)

Singers:
Horn, UnmeiNoShugosha, Xinhope, Thunder Wolf, theroadstopshere, 「黑風影」 (Not all singers are in the current version)

Mixer: UnmeiNoShugosha (you can send him your samples at [email protected])
Video Editor: Thanks to Xinhope for our first video!
If you feel the need to contact me regarding anything, you can PM me.

Also, to clarity, solos ARE accepted. No matter how many people sing a song, it still counts. If you sing a song solo, you will still get support with editing as if you were in a group song.

I made all this post prettier due to a request. Got ideas for how to make this post even better? Feel free to drop me a pm.

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 28 November 2014 - 07:34 AM.

2z50p6t.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I was actually thinking about the same thing sometime ago, I just didn't think that we could make it a collaborationwork
I think it would pretty awesome if we are able to pull something like nico nico douga or miku mix off =D.
A few problems I can think of would probably be, we need a person that knows how to edit voice clips well,
Maybe even a good recording program or mic to block out static.
Lastly, a few brave souls that willing to give it a try.

Is there any rules as to what language or song that you can sing?

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
Amazing indeed. I knew nico nico chorus since a few months ago.
Maybe even qualify as a circle. ^_^
Have you think about which song?

Can you guess what Grumpy reaction will be?
If you made a chorus video for batoto

Edited by manga2x, 06 February 2012 - 04:25 AM.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Amazing indeed. I knew nico nico chorus since a few months ago.
Maybe even qualify as a circle. ^_^
Have you think about which song?

Wanna do touhou doujin music? XD jking probably butcher their song pretty badly ; _ ;
Depending on the if there are set rules to this, I'm not exactly sure.
I do have some creative suggestion or twist to this.
For example, maybe some people aren't confident with their voice but are good at whistling could whistle parts and beats to a song and combined with other people that would like to whistle.
Maybe not limit it to karaoke but music itself, if anyone knows any musical instruments could record and combine with others for a single song.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
Touhou songs? that is a good idea.
It has to be the one with vocal then

You know...
There is Youtube Chorus, too
I posted this link a few months back.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

Wanna do touhou doujin music? XD jking probably butcher their song pretty badly ; _ ;
Depending on the if there are set rules to this, I'm not exactly sure.
I do have some creative suggestion or twist to this.
For example, maybe some people aren't confident with their voice but are good at whistling could whistle parts and beats to a song and combined with other people that would like to whistle.
Maybe not limit it to karaoke but music itself, if anyone knows any musical instruments could record and combine with others for a single song.

That's what the Nico Nico Medley did. There were songs that some of them didn't know, so they just hummed along.

I'm not really sure I can organize everything. I just wanted to make the topic, as no one else had. As the saying goes, "If you build it, they will come".
I have a pretty good mic. It's not the best, but I don't get static. I'm not the best singer, though. But that won't stop me. ^_^

As for rules, I don't think there should be any limit to what we sing. Essentially, I envisioned this as a fun project for those in the community who want to do it. We could sing songs from our childhood, or from recent anime. The Skies, the limit.

We could totally do something like Touhou. Touhou isn't about singing well, just look at IOSYS. It's about fun.

2z50p6t.png

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard

I'm not really sure I can organize everything. I just wanted to make the topic, as no one else had. As the saying goes, "If you build it, they will come".
I have a pretty good mic. It's not the best, but I don't get static. I'm not the best singer, though. But that won't stop me. ^_^

I like your spirit. I'm not really a singer either, but this sounds like a lot of fun.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please enjoy the show!

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
We are pretty much set with people willing to try =D
Just waiting for somebody that is familiar with synthesizer, editing and layering voice samples and is willing to help us out.
Does anyone know any recording software similiar to vocaloids?

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Recording software similar to vocaloids? Vocaloids are artificial. No one is actually singing in a vocaloid song. It's all artificial.
However, if you want to sound like a vocaloid, I suggest Melodyne. Out of all the vocaloid sounding programs, it's the one I've seen the most success with.

Example:
Spoiler

Don't worry, she sounds more and more like a vocaloid as the song goes on.

Also, I hear you can make the effect in Adobe Audition, Audacity and GarageBand. As for recording Audio, any of the software I just listed works. I've also heard some positive reviews of NCH Audio Essentials, but I'm not 100% positive about it as from what I can see, not as many people use it or make tutorials for it.

2z50p6t.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Yeah, sorry about that V_V I sadly have limited knowledge in the sound software are out there.
Thanks for the informing me though =)

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
No problem! Most of those cost money (unless you pirate them). If you want to use a free and legal audio software, I'd say use Audacity. It can do pretty much everything we'd need.

2z50p6t.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I'm familiar with Audacity, ashamed to say I've only been using it to make ringtones or change file extension ^^U
Basically, we are free to submit anything, whether its single or collab, as long as we have fun. Sounds great =)
Do you have any song in mind to start things off first?

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Well, I'd suggest ANY song you find close to your heart or that you enjoy.

If there's an anime you like, go with that.

As for my personal choice....
Warning, extremely lame and geeky song
Spoiler

Here are also a few suggestions by genre.

Old School anime pop: Sakura Saku off the Love Hina Sound Track
New anime pop: StudyxStudy by StylipS (the single with Karaoke comes out on 2/8/2012)
Slow song: Hiru no Tsuki by Akino Arai. It comes in English and Japanese.
Hip Hop remix: No Reply by Yoko Kanno and Steve Conte (Instrumental remix by Wy-i)
Sad Song: You Are My Love by Kajiura Yuki and Eri Itoh. It comes in Japanese and English.
Touhou song: Cirno's Perfect Math Class by IOSYS
Touhou song alt: HELP ME ERINNNNNN!!! by COOL&CREATE
Meme song: Fukkireta (we'd probably want a Japanese speaker to make custom lyrics for us)
Easier Meme song: Renai Circulation by Kana Hanazawa (perhaps Neko96 remix)

I personally looked up each song to make sure they all had karaoke version of them.
For more inspiration, there are tons of good songs on Nico Nico Douga.

2z50p6t.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Nahh not geeky at all =) It would quite interesting what it sounds like in all different language. So far I only heard 3 and they don't sound remotely similar XD

Man Love Hina brings good memories / w \ Now you remind me of old legends.. I feel like listening Slam Dunk theme song XD
There are almost too many good songs in Nico Nico douga.

At the beginning, I was thinking of touhou bad apple since it is one of the most well known piece.
I'll see what I can do =9

Anyone else interesting, please feel free to join =)

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Oh, yeah. If anyone wants to do a collab, just ask. We'll see what we can do. Even though some of us are noobs, that won't stop us from trying. The more songs we pump out, the more people are likely to join.

Oh yeah, I'm willing to talk about and help with anyone regarding this over Skype. So if you have Skype, and want to talk, ask mundane questions or anything else you might not want to talk about in this thread, just hit me up.

If you're too lazy to check my profile for my Skype username, here it is: inuyoukai_assassin

2z50p6t.png

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
i would join if it's Renai Circulation xD
because that's the only song on that list that i am very familiar with.

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

i would join if it's Renai Circulation xD
because that's the only song on that list that i am very familiar with.

Do iiiiiit!
I'll join in with you, if you want. I love Renai Circulation.

2z50p6t.png

xinhope

xinhope

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationA land of dream filled with hopes
this looks really fun. i like to sing even though i suck. count me in if you don't mind. i have magix music maker software but haven't really use it at all. not sure if i can help much on sound editing coz i have 0 experience but i'm willing to try my best.

:batoto_015: brvdflt_zpsoo057cdu.jpg :batoto_029:

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

this looks really fun. i like to sing even though i suck. count me in if you don't mind. i have magix music maker software but haven't really use it at all. not sure if i can help much on sound editing coz i have 0 experience but i'm willing to try my best.

Effort is all we need. Practice makes perfect, so we can improve together and make this work. Perhaps as we experiment, we can give each other tips and make this even better. ^_^

2z50p6t.png

UnmeiNoShugosha

UnmeiNoShugosha

Potato

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNot Gensokyo (TT-TT)
This looks like a lot of fun, but I sing terribly and only have a decent headset meant for speaking. I can help with editing, though . Anything more than audacity, and I'll need a little instruction. My percussion skills might might prove useful in syncing, though.

Edited by UnmeiNoShugosha, 07 February 2012 - 11:40 PM.

"We defied the laws of probability, simply because we couldn't."