Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ending Discussion

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Oathkeeper92

Oathkeeper92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hmm, everybody gave interesting insights! I just noticed somethings from the above comments:

1. Konoka married Setsuna or someone else! I do realize that Setsuna and Konoka (Ko-suna or Setsoka) were given a chapter together and well, they did kiss. Hmm....

2. The ending. If there is gonna be like a Negima 2: The Quest for Nagi or they might continue via anime? Hmm....possibile? Seems like Akamatsu either wanted it to end or he was forced to. For now, it seems to be leaning for forced to because this is not his style. There is no ecchi moment at the end with Negi and the girls. Hmm? Would he do like a To-Love Ru style with To-Love Ru: Darkness? More ecchi and more compelling story. I do hope so (for the story part), I want to see who he chooses! I made a bet 4 years AGO!!!!

3. I dont know why buy Fate seems compatible with Class Rep. Just don't know why! Chizuru (the girl who shared the same room as Natsumi and Class Rep), I thought she would be with Kotaru. Oh well, still a cute couple.

4. The Life Maker Arc. I felt that this has to be the most wordiest arc and it kinda lost its Negima moment and gained a deep story that I do admit I have to reread like 50 chapters to actually understand the basis of what it was about. Damn......

5. Where the hell is Negi's mother! I want to see her react when she sees Negi all grown up! IT NEEDS TO BE SHOWN

6. So wait, Nagi was in the code life maker or something like that, and negi defeated him/her/it to free his dad right? But the repurcussion is that he is ill and weakened by the previous state he was in? Confusion. The last chapter was very Deus Ex Machina (placing the reader/viewer in the middle of an event without showing the events that lead to it). This is so not Akamatsu's style

I do wish for number #2 to come true. Negima: Darkness does sound catchy and very interesting. Akamatsu might take a break from Negima and then pick it back up in a couple of years, if that is the case I'm still down. I dont care if another Negima comes out when i have kids or grandkids, NEGI WAS MY HERO and character that I respected not because he is a badass, but he shows that being polite and kind pays off tremendously! Oh schnitzel, I'm ranting!

savarian

savarian

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
It really did need to end but this is just to rushed sad to say they should have spent a few more chapters to do a more proper ending. i wonder when akamatsu will come out with another great work

johnkard

johnkard

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
A single frame of negi and Asuna holding hands and watching the sunset at the very end would have been perfect.

All of the fake climax aside, the primary tilting point of this story has been romantic tension between negi and the girls, that it remains unresolved is highly dissapointing.

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLatvia
I think he left place for 1 last oneshot on this series the epilogue.

renecop545

renecop545

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Disappointing. If the ending was going to be this rushed and filled with so many many plots holes and contrived details, he should have just went on hiatus and finished this series at a later time.

Secundum

Secundum

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEngland
For those wondering about Arika...She's dead.
It's flat out stated in the end of volume extras in a Q&A with Akamatsu.

Edited by Secundum, 12 March 2012 - 12:15 AM.

Klapaucius

Klapaucius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNivlheim
I guess few of the readers are very happy with this rushed ending, but cut down on the rage. The manga was probably cut short because of Akamatsu`s failing health. He has been taking many small breaks over the last couple years, mostly for that reason.
I used to check out his home page now and then, and I remember him joking about dying before he could finish the manga, and also that he expected it to finish around summer 2013, and then go on break for a year. So it was supposed to be longer.
I hope that nobody here would want him to die on his post just for the very selfish reason that they could read his manga for free a little bit longer?
Ego ne baptizo in nomine christi, sed nomine diaboli

Renuel

Renuel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Duh, Arika's dead? Well, that explains why she's not here…

And, is it just me or Chisame and Mana got a bad ending? Well, Chisame never wanted anything to do with the real world, so maybe it's ok for her, but it seems Mana never opened her orphanage and continued fighting forever… that's kind of sad.

Oh, and yay for Konosetsu!

(Maybe the remarks on Nagi's health are a parallel with Akamatsu's ("it's my retirement", "he's still kicking"…) (well, I'm probably reading to much into it)?)

mayid

mayid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
A great great manga has ended. I rooted for asuna ending up with negi. But i dont think that was te case. But Ken Akamtsu i have one question for you THIS IS NOT YOUR STILE MAN, when seeing ai love you and love hina
i didnt expect this from you man. You have always WARM,SATESFIYING ENDINGS. But on the other hand maybe he maes Negima2, because ken akamatsu knowing he does surprising things. Like love hina again.

I can only further say this manga MARKED my teenage days for sure i followed it from the beginning. I have mixed feelings. because at one point it is good that he finished it but
on the other hand some things didnt get mentioned like what happend with sister of nagi, anya, who loves negi etc.

Though the negative comments I want to thank KEN AKAMATSU for his great work and story i enyod the story very very much. And hoping for a new manga story. I practicaly grow from a teenager in an adult with this
manga. So ending it this way makes me a bit sad.

Edited by mayid, 11 March 2012 - 10:13 PM.

querty11

querty11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
The ending really feels rushed, but I kind of understand that Akamatsu wants this over with just in case... Still hoping for some more detail describing the 9 years in between.

Edit: I'm now annoying myself with the question of what is Zazie and where is she from? Since she's apparently from neither the "Old World" or the magical world...

Edited by querty11, 11 March 2012 - 10:19 PM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

The ending. If there is gonna be like a Negima 2: The Quest for Nagi or they might continue via anime? Hmm....possibile? Seems like Akamatsu either wanted it to end or he was forced to. For now, it seems to be leaning for forced to because this is not his style. There is no ecchi moment at the end with Negi and the girls. Hmm? Would he do like a To-Love Ru style with To-Love Ru: Darkness? More ecchi and more compelling story. I do hope so (for the story part), I want to see who he chooses! I made a bet 4 years AGO!!!!

No he won't be doing a Negima round 2.....the same reason he refused to do a Love Hina round 2 despite the pressure from fans. He's probably going to choose some new genre.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Rupert

Rupert

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock
I felt that the author made the harem too big, and he made it too harem-ish to end up with one girl... If he chose only one, only one group is happy while the people who liked other girls would be pissed... Instead, he chose to disappoint everyone...but damn. Had so much potential to run on and create a beautiful ending instead of this disappointing one, oh well. It happens. aERIBGOPQVOEISTDLUBKVNJOEAFISJLZKND. Sorry, just let out my rage from this ending, everything is chill. Kinda.
Magikarp survives with 1hp due to the Focus Band and uses Flail. That's why.

cougarpeople

cougarpeople

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 30 posts
  • LocationHong Kong - China
I'm hoping this will happen...

Akamatsu sensei moves to his new publisher! His new publisher lets him do anything thus he creates a sequel/spin off of Negima which answers a LOT of questions. THis makes everyone happy because new publisher is so much better. THE END.

because the manga ending was like the anime ending. Did not answer shit, did not do anything.

tirazai

tirazai

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Damn.. i hate this ending, well.. klapacius said that akamatsu-sensei health is failing.. we actually don't mind if he finished it early.. but at least give us a satisfying ending.. this is so like "Eragon" saga in so many ways.. great start, great plot.. but an epic fail ending T.T

Edited by tirazai, 13 March 2012 - 04:26 AM.

Posted Image

Rupert

Rupert

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Damn.. i hate this ending, well.. klapacius said that his akamatsu-sensei health is failing death.. we actually don't mind if he finished it early.. but at least give us a satisfying ending.. this is so like "Eragon" saga in so many ways.. great start, great plot.. but an epic fail ending T.T

Haha, I know right? The last book was still enjoyable though, even though it ended in a sucky way.
Magikarp survives with 1hp due to the Focus Band and uses Flail. That's why.

mayid

mayid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
DAMN MAN I HATED THE FUCKING ENDING. sorry i had to take my rage out, But Thank you ken for your hard work.

PLEASE come with a nice new manga or i will still have the bad aftertaste that this great manga left behind at the end.

cheuk4

cheuk4

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I personally believe that Negima DIDN'T end up with any of the students because he doesn't need to! At the end of the Lifemaker Arc, I believe Negi is still only 11yrs old, so whoever Negi "chooses" in chapter 351(?) is kinda moot.

However, I agree with everything else people are saying in that the ending is pretty disappointing and rushed. It would have been better if they just ended it with the celebration at c335 for a happy ending with the future to come, or maybe even c351 for a bitter ending.

Guest_KarchAmadeo_von_Kartoffel

Guest_KarchAmadeo_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Alright, yes it may have been a rushed ending but nonetheless an epic one. Was really hoping for the Eva ending but meh.. Still, Negi fever will never end (see my sig)

Oathkeeper92

Oathkeeper92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Karch Amadeo -> That is still one of my favourite moves. Freaking obliterated a mountain.

Rai Xion Ching

Rai Xion Ching

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Feels like a rushed ending...
So many blanks left in the story....