Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ending Discussion

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Oathkeeper92

Oathkeeper92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
SO NEGIMA ENDED!!!! GAHHH!!!

I followed it for around 6 years and this manga made my teenage years a very very enjoyable one. It is sad to see it end. However, I was expecting Negi to get married or something (yes i understand he would be 15-17 ish years old) but still though. Im sure everybody expected like a wedding or something. sigh, nevertheless this is a good ...no, excellent manga. I loved the fact that I used to love Love Hina and now this Negima lives up to its predecessor.

My fav girl would be Ku Fei because she is as bubbly as the girl in love hina (that princess character). She deserved some spotlight! haha, who is yours?

Looking back, i think my favourite arc would be Mahora Festival. Sooo much to read about and sooo much intensity especially in the romance, action and drama department. WHich is yours?

Do comment I love reading about Negima as much as I love reading the comments or thoughts on Negima?

Sincerely,

Magi MInister Oathkeeper

Andrius Dicevičius

Andrius Dicevičius

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hey there.
I too liked this manga very much. It's a bit sad that it ended thought and there's one thing bugging me. Is it just me or the end was forced out. I think so cuz the content Negi told to his father, about being saved and everything else. For sure it would make other 300~ chapters worth of manga or so.

Renuel

Renuel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
The end seemed a bit rushed (Nagi, etc…), and the fact that it was not stated who Negi likes is meh (though I would probably have raged if it wasn't Chisame…). Well, with the number of times "but this is another story" in the ending, there are chances of spin-offs or Negima 2 (or an Ala Rubra story), I think.

Still, where the hell is queen Arika?

Insania.Fox

Insania.Fox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
in the end...I still dont know which girl negi like.........

Andrew McConnell

Andrew McConnell

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yeah, I kinda wanted to know who he liked. Other than that good series

Rave Jai Ho

Rave Jai Ho

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts
Noooooooooo it ended! Who's the girl Negi likes? Where is Negi's mother? and where is the Queen Arika?

Overall, this was a good manga. I hope that there is at least one extra [special] chapter where it will answer some questions. Or at least make it "Wedding special"

cas

cas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEurope
First off, I respect Akamatsu-sensei very much for the beautiful story and all the years of effort he put into it.

That's why I have to be frank on the ending, or it would not do this milestone in manga history justice:
The ending is crap. It sucks completly. It pales in comparison to the scale of the story as a whole. There a hundreds of holes left to be filled. It is incredibly rushed and feels like there were reasons for it to be axed. I rarely ever felt this unsatisfied after finishing a story. This has nothing to do with "open endings", since he even wrote what became of Negi's pupils and friends. There is a difference between an open ending and a rushed ending. This is rushed. This does not fit in at all.

Anyone who is satisfied with this ending, can not possibly have loved (beware of the difference between like and love) this series.

Although I wrote this like everything I think is a fact, remember that this is only my personal point of view. I do not claim to be a literary critic or serious business like that. I am merely sad that it had to end this way. Can't blame Akamatsu-sensei for this though, he claimed that the story ended in a way he intended to, and that it has not been axed. While this may be his true thoughts or not, it is his work and I am reading it for free online. Blaming him would be unfair and presumptious. But to vent my spleen is my freedom.

Edited by cas, 11 March 2012 - 01:43 AM.

King91OM

King91OM

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCity 17
I felt like I have been cheated by this manga for the ending.. it doesn't really end well for me.. No favorite girl ending, no proper story on how Nagi suddenly came around.. it's so sad that it ended like this.. *sigh

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada

Anyone who is satisfied with this ending, can not possibly have loved (beware of the difference between like and love) this series.

I think the ending is awful (more awfully rushed than plain bad) but I'm satisfied--perhaps oddly at peace would be more accurate but satisfied is certainly close enough. I'd much rather have the series continue for another 100+ chapters and perhaps even have multiple spin-offs (one for Setsuna/Konoka and another for Mana) but some things were just not meant to be.

My favourite scene in the series is during the Mahora tournament where Setsuna tells Negi to pay more attention to his surroundings and to her rather than to obsess over his father to the point of ignoring everyone around him*. To me the journey has always been more important than the destination and I'd gladly reread the first 352 chapters again (for the 4th or so time).

*I know. Completely random moment but to be fair Setsuna is my favourite character.

Edited by Snowl, 11 March 2012 - 01:57 AM.

Kaosu

Kaosu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
@cas - Agreed. I created an account just because of how strongly I felt about this ending.

Mahou Sensei Negima means a LOT to me. It was the series (along with Love Hina) that moved me from casual Naruto and Bleach reader to a true Japanophile. And I really can't help but be dissapointed in this ending. There are so many things wrong with ending a series like MSN in this way that I don't even know where to begin, and any attempt would only end as an incoherent 100 page rant.

That said, I will always respect Akamatsu-sensei for all that he has done week after week. To this day, I have yet to read another manga that shows as much effort in research, details, and backgrounds as MSN. And I will still love MSN for all of its 355 chapters. And I certainly hope (if by hope I mean I would sell my soul) that one day, Akamatsu-sensei decides to pick up his pen again and fill in all the holes, in manga form, or even a proper anime for this awesome series.

In the mean time though I will be banging my head against the wall in a corner of my room and venting through the doujins and fanfics that will invariable appear any day.

cas

cas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEurope

I think the ending is awful (more awfully rushed than plain bad) but I'm satisfied--perhaps oddly at peace would be more accurate but satisfied is certainly close enough. I'd much rather have the series continue for another 100+ chapters and perhaps even have multiple spin-offs (one for Setsuna/Konoka and another for Mana) but some things were just not meant to be.

Than we just differ in our interpretation of the term "satisfaction", that's all ;) To me, you don't really sound satisfied with it. We might come from different lingual backgrounds, meaning we have different preconceptions on certain words and our own translations (as English is not my native language).

@ Kaosu

I can just totally agree with you!

Edited by cas, 11 March 2012 - 02:41 AM.

Secundum

Secundum

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEngland
Created an account just for this post.
[Or rather tried to, then realised I already had one].

What the f*** Akamatsu?
Why did you do that to us, your loyal fans?
Why did you end the series in the middle?

The manga series that I loved the most...Ruined.
We didn't even get to see who he ended up with, especially as I was sure it was going to be Yue after that chapter about her.
And then it reveals that neither Yue or Nodoka hooked up with Negi.
And what about Gateu, Zect, etc.?
How did they finally beat the Lifemaker...WHAT ABOUT THE PLOT!?

firathmagi

firathmagi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
Feels like one of those cancellation endings too me
For some reason

Tonie Zap

Tonie Zap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Looks like almost all of us was dissatisfied with the ending... The thing about who Negi likes, maybe the author didn't really reveal it to not upset any fans of other pairings. But, but, SETSUNA!!!!! Why you marry!?!? Shit...

tide187

tide187

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Humm just a question why every one wants to know which girl negi like why cant he just have all of them would it not be a better happy ending

XeroFaith

XeroFaith

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I am sure I speak for most people. It doesn't matter who ended up with, WE WANTED CLOSURE. Not this crappy half assed feels like it got cancelled ending.

leokiko

leokiko

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrazil
Who he ends up with is another plot point that needs closure you know.

ZeKeR

ZeKeR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines
So Asuna became the Queen from Old Ostian nobility, eh? So does that make Negi a member of royalty nao? His mother WAS the previous queen after all.

Dhoozy

Dhoozy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
I would say it ok I lost interested when it started to get to complex but picked up against once the plot points started to get revealed more. I would say base on the pairing for Negi it would be either Yue or the Class rep. I can't believe that princess girl and the ninja girls were lesbians...then again I guess I can. Unless of course when they said those two got married in 2017 they meant he got married to Negi. Of course for Yue, why else dedicated an entire single chapter to her towards the end? As for class rep the wording "Always happy to be standing behind Negi." You know what they say behind every great man is a woman. It also look like from the picture Fate is interested in Asuna.

Trips

Trips

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPoland
It seems like author was simply tired of his own characters. I don't want to repeat same things as you guys, but I am really curious why end wasn't as full as one in Love Hina. Its so simple. Readers like to see that kinda moments, they like to share the joy with favourite characters, they want to know those little details that matter.
If we get "But thats another story" its like punch in the face.

Whats more, I find that all Lifemaker was more of a Deus Ex Machina than real deal, lastboss, idea that was in authors mind for a long time etc. And I really didn't like it when I spend so many hours reading such a long story.

To summarize, I demand epilogue.

Edited by Trips, 11 March 2012 - 05:03 AM.