Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ending Discussion

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

togenshi

togenshi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Durr Spoilers ahead.

I've made an account just to comment on the ending. I would've been happy (well sad like watching Clannad AS sad) if it ended with Asuna waking 135 years in the future finding out everyone but Eva is dead. Sure it would've sucked from Asuna's standpoint but it would've been a memorable ending for the series. Wrap it up with Eva and Asuna discussing classmate's future after she went to sleep. The whole going back in time thing spoiled the storyline and any substance of the sacrafice Asuna made. In fact, I would recognise that as the true ending. Pretty much stop when time capsule was opened up then abit of closure Eva, Asuna and possibly Negi talk about past and future. /end epic story. Cowboy Bebop kinda way.

If author wanted to, keep Negi alive if he felt that bad for Asuna.

Edited by togenshi, 19 March 2012 - 11:16 AM.

dragon1412

dragon1412

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
well i just checking the author twitter from 13th to 20th, its seem like he avoid talking about negima so the chance its being axed is quite high

Urlaz

Urlaz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Does Akametsu have another series planned or already in the works? The end of this series reaks of cancellation or stagnation I'm not sure which. I wonder if he got board with the material, in my opinion he made a couple of errors setting up the story. I think he had too many female sidekicks to flesh them all out as characters. I think Negi was too young to properly convey some of the more risqué aspects of the plot line. The arc for the magical world dragged on for years. How many other series that yo can think of that move at that pace other than for an overarching aspect of a series? I wonder if we are going to see something else from him in the near future just based on how this was wrapped up.

My two cents on it are, I'm just kind of glad it's over, after how I feel the material was being handled toward the end of its run. I wonder if he just took too big a bite to handle all he wanted to in the form of a manga. I think this would have been better represented as maybe a novel rather than a manga.

ShadowkhanDemonLord

ShadowkhanDemonLord

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
The ending ticked me off. I wanted to see so many things.

*The fight between Negi & 3/A VS Nagi as the lifemaker.
*What happened to Arika.
*Who Negi's love is. [I personally like Kazumi Asakura]

I did like the fact that so many years on they are still the same energetic class they were when Negi first fell for that practical joke & everyone thought the prank went wrong, then they found out he was their teacher. Personally i just loved the Magical World part when they were all seperated all over the world & they used their various talents to survive, unite & save the world. Ever since the first time i watched cartoons & movies i've wanted an adventure just like it, but since that looks next to impossible right now i'll settle for great stuff like this.

Armed_Gunman

Armed_Gunman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreece
Subpar ending to a great manga, last 25 chapters were not that good either.
Oh well, harems rarely have decent endings anyways.(ALL HAIL Ichigo 100%)
*fingers crossed for TWOGK*
"What are you going to do, stab me?" - Stab Victim

Archangel Azraël

Archangel Azraël

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOn a chair, a good one at that.
I hope it gets a sequel or something... I really do...
I just want to know what happend...
Posted Image

Alzeist

Alzeist

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
I just read from a site that there will be a possible sequel of MSN to start on september though i wish it isn't an april fools joke cause it was posted at that time...

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I just read from a site that there will be a possible sequel of MSN to start on september though i wish it isn't an april fools joke cause it was posted at that time...

Probably was, the author simply refuses to do two of the same type of mangas.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
rushed ending.
1. where is his mum
2. who does negi like?
3. negi is of royal blood as well so he should be king
4. he should of done a harem ending or just told us who negi likes

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

Nyarlat

Nyarlat

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The whole time Negi is searching for his father and in the end he is just here?
The end misses the most important thing the reunion of father and son, without it the end is worthless