Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

md2501

md2501

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I am just catching up with the latest translated chapters and god what an action between Kate and Mari. I can repeat again and again: Akira Hiramoto is a genius.

Comicryan

Comicryan

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Just read 173 and no spoilers but I love the conversation between the Gorgon and the plastic bottle.  I mean, this manga has some laugh out loud funny moments to it.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Just read 173 and no spoilers but I love the conversation between the Gorgon and the plastic bottle.  I mean, this manga has some laugh out loud funny moments to it.

Oh yeah, that was freaking hilarious, wasn't it?   :D

The author really is a master of this.........parody, absurdity, dry/deadpan humor....... I still find it amazing (and a little sad) when I see people trying to take any of this stuff seriously.

But again, that's part of the author's craft I suppose, really good parody humor works because it is so darned close to the source material it's making fun of.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comicryan

Comicryan

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Oh yeah, that was freaking hilarious, wasn't it?   :D

The author really is a master of this.........parody, absurdity, dry/deadpan humor....... I still find it amazing (and a little sad) when I see people trying to take any of this stuff seriously.

But again, that's part of the author's craft I suppose, really good parody humor works because it is so darned close to the source material it's making fun of.

I remember when I first started following this series, I would just roll my eyes at the stupidity of the characters and the absurdity of the concept.  However, when the gags started, the situations that developed and how one event causes a chain reaction to occur, it became my favorite series.  A good comedian will "call back" to other punchlines in his act and I love some of the call backs and references to some of the previous events.  I love the style of the art, too along with the gratuitous fan service.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

You guys are deranged!  This isn't a comedy series.  It is a perfectly serious series about today's status of education.   It is a complex philosophical discussion of the world socio-economical situation with a deep, empathetic implication on the inequalities of modern gender roles and identities. It seriously examines today's problems of delinquent behavior in a high school setting along with... AAAACCCCKKK!!!

(Pervy's sister strangles him and throws him into oncoming traffic for his ridiculous analysis of this absolutely hilarious series.)

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

lonerurouni187

lonerurouni187

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I've never been in such anticipation for the next chapter like this before. Ugh it's gonna kill me, I eat up any Kiyoshi x Hana moments I can get, haha.

Thauris

Thauris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

What happenned to this week's chapter? I´m dying here...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

What happenned to this week's chapter? I´m dying here...

Well, according to M-Hario at Utopia, they were caught up to the published chapters as of the 16th of this month...........so yeah, there's most likely a new chapter out (considering that there was a new chapter in the new issue of its publication.......that's not always a given)......so, yeah, maybe they'll have a scanlated chapter out soon, well cross our fingers for luck and see  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Thauris

Thauris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Yes I know, but I haven´t seen the raw either, so I thought maybe this week it was on a break or something...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

http://mangatopia.net/main/2015/04/enprison-school-c175/

and the plot thickens....  :D

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Thauris

Thauris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Well, Kiyoshi will be with a boner for the rest of the day or week, or he should be... So I would like to know how is he gonna participate in the games that he is in for without getting caught.

Maybe he will and they gonna send him to prison again, for pervert. Who knows...

I loled at the blushing Medusa. That was hilarious.

I'm gessing he's gonna pop out his head and tell Chiyo that he fell asleep naked or something, and ask her to leave the room so he can get dress... Or maybe not, I can´t predict this manga.

Thauris

Thauris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Mangatopia just relased this week's chapter.

And the plot thickens even more...

Spoiler

Comicryan

Comicryan

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Spoiler

Someway, somehow they have to find a way out otherwise it interrupts that whole Chiyo-accidentally-cock-blocking-Kiyoshi-and-Hana dynamic.  

Edited by Comicryan, 15 May 2015 - 02:33 AM.

Thauris

Thauris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Spoiler

Now´s in english. I really liked the way that they didn't even spoke and thought the same. Those last words from Kiyoshi to Hana, about them being on the same wavelenght, may turn to be something else in the next chapters.

Oh man, next week's on break... So many breaks...

Edited by Thauris, 19 May 2015 - 06:23 AM.

md2501

md2501

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Oh god, the moment I realized

Spoiler

I don't think any other manga ever gave me a moment like this.

Edited by md2501, 20 May 2015 - 07:06 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Oh god, the moment I realized

Spoiler

I don't think any other manga ever gave me a moment like this.

Haha! Well yeah, that's been the running gag/dynamic between them since they met, right? :D

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Stud Joe

Stud Joe

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationyour mom

HanaxKiyo ship still sailing after 178 chapters :^)

Thauris

Thauris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

HanaxKiyo stronger than ever...

Raw looks great.

Damn, I would really like to know japanese and didn't have to wait for translations...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

the new chapter's out......

http://mangatopia.net/main/2015/06/enprison-school-c178/

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

KingKhai

KingKhai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Just finished reading Chapter 178...

Spoiler

I don't quite understand what Kyoshi was trying to say with his deep philosophical gibberish though (any interepretations, anyone?)
and why was he

Spoiler

Edited by KingKhai, 02 June 2015 - 02:49 PM.