Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shouldn't there be a chapter discussion thingie?

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Arab Emirates
I actually think it would be so interesting if Pin fell for Ayane as he always says that he will never fall for kids. And Ayane argues with him all the time, so things would definitely be interesting if they fell for each other. It seems a lot of people don't see it that way, though.

I don't like to think that Pin is just a comic relief but I want him to have a bigger role in the series.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Hahaha, Pin's a real character, I mean he's totally different than anybody else in this story, he's an in-between, young enough to relate to the high school kids, an adult, but not an adult like the parents. I'd be surprised to see him end up with anyone, I think that's part of the gag.

Gosh, I don't know about Kento having any issues, as I remember he's seemed very likeable, well adjusted and popular.

Actually I do think Kento has issues. When he first showed up, the whole way he was interacting with Sawako was like, she was some kind of project for him--maybe his intentions were good, sort of, but at the same time he was messing with her mainly to gratify himself in some way. In the end her sincerity, and to some extent Kazehaya's, kind of shamed him and he laid off and started acting more like a normal friend, but at the beginning he was something like a performer doing a role combined with a shrink prodding to get a result. Kazehaya's bad reaction to him wasn't just jealousy--seems to me he felt like there was something off and was suspicious of his intentions.

This with Ayane actually seems like it's something different. Sure, he wants to make her feel better, but it seems like his pose has broken down and he's reacting like a real person. It may be he feels they have something in common, like she's posing with men the way he was posing with, well, everyone. Suspicions of similar pains or betrayals or what in their background, perhaps.
Of course both of them have IMO reached the point where their shells are weakened and penetratable and they can be sincere and help each other, thanks to the angelic influence of Sawako who has touched both their lives and weakened their cynicism and armour. Because she's just that sweet and she does that to people. I want to hug Sawako now. When do we get to see her more?

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
hmm, is the author wrapping this up? I mean all the important characters got a gf/bf, now its only between sawako and kazehaya.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
@PLG

Must just be terminology, I pretty much agree with your overall assessment, I guess I just mean "issues" as more being prone to bursting out of a closet one day with a big knife and a vigorous stabbing action.

Yeah, to me Kento's just worn a couple of different masks since we've known him, I never really thought of his intentions being dark or sinister, maybe pushy, nosy and a little conceited at times, but never really malicious (unless you count that he might well have been wiling to take Sawako off Kazehaya's hands early on).

Soooo, Ayane-Kento......check! Chizuru-Ryu.....check!(?)......So, now we just have to figure out what's going on in Kazehaya's head, right? If Kazehay and Sawako could get their stuff in order we'd be set.....

Tn7HA0h.png

Kaybee

Kaybee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

hmm, is the author wrapping this up? I mean all the important characters got a gf/bf, now its only between sawako and kazehaya.

Don't forget Pin! He needs to get a bf/gf too.
Seriously though, I caught the wrapping up loose end vibe in the last couple of chapters, so I won't be surprised if it does finish soon. (Disappointed, but not surprised).

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
So does that mean KentoxAyane is endgame now? I guess we were wrong in thinking that Ayane might have had feelings for Pin? It'd be interesting to see if Ayane falls in love with Kento but it is again the same thing. I wanted to see her fall in love herself and chase after what she wants for a change but oh well. It could be the mangaka doesn't want to go there? Well, I think this relationship will help Ayane in many ways and somehow makes her realize things.

Please don't get me wrong but as much as I liked this episode, Kento and Ayane's scenes didn't move me and Kento's confession didn't make me feel anything. The chemistry is not there and for some reason, I still think there is something lacking there.

Now that Kento and Ayane are going to start dating, I wonder how Kento's fangirls will take this. Will they be happy for him or they will give Ayane a hard time? We just have to wait and see.

Is it too hopeful and optimistic to still think that something might happen between Pin and Ayane in the future? If Shiina-sensei is planning on ending the series soon, then it is definitely Kento but I don't know why I can't seem to give up on PinxAyane. :(

Edited by HatsumiShinogu, 14 July 2012 - 04:52 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
I still enjoy this manga, regardless of the slow pace, but I am beginning to wonder if Kazehaya has anything left in his head, or if someone surgically removed his brain and replaced it with salmon roe. From being a slow moving, but quite interesting character for most of the chapters, he has started acting like one of the more clueless characters from KNIM. Damnit! At least act as though you have some sort of mental process.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I still enjoy this manga, regardless of the slow pace, but I am beginning to wonder if Kazehaya has anything left in his head, or if someone surgically removed his brain and replaced it with salmon roe. From being a slow moving, but quite interesting character for most of the chapters, he has started acting like one of the more clueless characters from KNIM. Damnit! At least act as though you have some sort of mental process.

I've been kinda mystified ever since Kazehaya started acting more and more stand-offish to Sawako. I'm pretty sure at least some of it is that his character is a lot more shy than I though, but I'm not sure that's all of it.

Yeah, this might not be the most original story line or anything, but there are a lot of elements to it that make it very enjoyable, definitely one of my favorites, slow paced or not.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Yes, I actually like the slow pace, and think it suits the story well. What I am complaining about is Kazehaya having come to a complete stop for several chapters, sort of a clothing store mannequin with an angsty face. And even more annoyingly, we readers haven't a clue what is going on in his head. We might guess by his actions, that is, if there were any actions on his part.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yes, I actually like the slow pace, and think it suits the story well. What I am complaining about is Kazehaya having come to a complete stop for several chapters, sort of a clothing store mannequin with an angsty face. And even more annoyingly, we readers haven't a clue what is going on in his head. We might guess by his actions, that is, if there were any actions on his part.

Agreed with that for sure. Heck, if anything you might be being too kind to him. With her personality (her first real experience with socializing and having a boyfriend) I think they're actually going backwards because of him, and pretty rapidly at that. She already has enough insecurity, for him to be pulling away and avoiding her? Not good.

Tn7HA0h.png

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
problem solved in chapter 71. now what will the new arc be about? about how all three couples are doing and telling each other what happened and so on?

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Glad to see some nice development between Kazehaya and Sawako. I wonder what will happen from now on, though. Are Ryu and Chizu going to start dating? I still don't like Kento and Ayane together but it'd be interesting to see whether she'll fall for him or not. Pin was awesome, as always.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

problem solved in chapter 71. now what will the new arc be about? about how all three couples are doing and telling each other what happened and so on?

thanks for the heads up, i see S2scans must have just finished it.........must ...read...now

Glad to see some nice development between Kazehaya and Sawako. I wonder what will happen from now on, though. Are Ryu and Chizu going to start dating? I still don't like Kento and Ayane together but it'd be interesting to see whether she'll fall for him or not. Pin was awesome, as always.

Pin just loves being in the middle of things, doesn't he?

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Well, I have to hand it to Pin. He went into "idiot savant" (thanks PLG) mode and came through with blazing colors, but even that wasn't enough to kick start Kazehaya out of his catatonic state. It actually took Sawako pushing herself forward and forcing the confrontation. Geez, if Kazehaya was that damn pure, why didn't he retire to a mountaintop monastery to become a sokushinbutsu. Totally ignoring your beloved girlfriend, who you know is socially inept and very apt to overthink matters and come to wrong conclusions, just because you're afraid of your own horrible lust for wanted to hug and kiss her is so far out in left field that it's unbelievable. This guy is what, 18 years old and has been around male HS students and locker rooms for years, and yet he thinks he is a total satyr for wanting a hug and a kiss from a girl he has been going out with for months? Would he commit seppuku if the dreaded tumescence occurs in his evil member, or would he merely join the flaggelante and stripe his own back with a flail? Maybe morning wood would cause him to emasculate himself for penance. Why not just superglue Sawako to a pedestal and burn incense before her? He's pure to the point of being pure prune juice and bilge water! His mental processes are worthy of Joe, the dateless wonder.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Totally ignoring your beloved girlfriend, who you know is socially inept and very apt to overthink matters and come to wrong conclusions, just because you're afraid of your own horrible lust for wanted to hug and kiss her is so far out in left field that it's unbelievable. This guy is what, 18 years old and has been around male HS students and locker rooms for years, and yet he thinks he is a total satyr for wanting a hug and a kiss from a girl he has been going out with for months?

he didn´t want to hug/kiss her because he was afraid of what she would think. its not about being pure what he did its more about caring for the other person and not wanting to lose her.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

he didn´t want to hug/kiss her because he was afraid of what she would think. its not about being pure what he did its more about caring for the other person and not wanting to lose her.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I think there was more than just him restraining himself going on. Kazehaya had some shyness issues and lack of romantic experience also which made things worse. I think it was Kazehaya's avoiding her (not just restraining himself, outright avoidance) that led a lot of peole (including Sawako) to think they weren't even going out anymore, and to prompt Pin to talk to him about about how he was handling things. Let's hope things go well form here, at least there's been some steps forward made.

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, well, well. So, did my post to start the thread nail it or what?

I have to agree with you Comadrin, Kazehaya was being pretty dim, and anyway the way you put it was pretty hilarious. But I mostly forgive him because it gave Sawako a chance to be sweet & cute and because when he finally kissed her it was good and romantic, so what the heck.
I'll admit that a guy going with Sawako would probably feel like he had to be a bit extra careful of her, as incredibly pure and naive as she is. But there's such a thing as going overboard. She's sheltered and all, yes, but above all she's sincere and kind. Even if she didn't want a kiss or whatever, she wouldn't suddenly hate the boy she loves because of it. Still, like hero says, when you're young and in love I guess the fear of doing something wrong can be a huge and daunting thing.

Edited by Purple Library Guy, 19 August 2012 - 07:38 AM.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Is there anyone out there who wants to join me in shouting hallelujah?
Seriously, things would have been so much easier if they had just done that from the beginning... What's wrong with pampering your girlfriend with hugs and kisses? I don't even know how the hell Kazehaya reached the conclusion it would somehow offend Kuronuma.
They both need to start trusting each other more when it comes to insecurities of that type.
And I'm kind of sad to see Kento win... I guess Pin is just an advisor of some sort after all.
I feel that the end will be coming soon, as Kuronuma finally found a way to beat Kazehaya out of his must-protect-kuronuma's-pureness motto, and things look pretty settled down. Though it would be nice if the manga-ka did come up with another arc of some sort... One without so much angst, if I may ask; and filled with that heart warming feeling this manga had at the beginning. I wonder if we might get a view into Kurumi's love life...
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
@ Attanus

Pin = comedy relief :)

oh yeah, i'm with you.....HALLELUJAH!!!!

Tn7HA0h.png

NamelessMapler

NamelessMapler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
HALLELUJAH!!!
Am I the only one who was near-tears/eyes watering when Sawako confronted Kazehaya about their relationship? (Yes I am a guy and I get teary with beautiful Shoujos)

The manga began to pull at my heartstrings when Sawako questioned their relationship in chapter 71. I guess that just goes to show how much the characters in the manga meant to me. o.O
Oh yeah, FINALLY they kissed!

Edited by NamelessMapler, 20 August 2012 - 07:33 AM.

I am AKA: Spearsmen620
Spoiler

If you play ExtaliaMS, Sub me on YouTube!