Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shouldn't there be a chapter discussion thingie?

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, there is now.
So, latest chapter, chapter 65--I wonder what Kazehaya's problem is? One standard manga thing springs to my mind because it would fit them really well: Anyone think he's battling his inner lustful demons, afraid he'll give in to his urge to kiss her and stroke her and fondle her and figuring it will freak her out because she's so innocent, and feeling all sinful and bad, and figuring the best bet is to not be alone with her too much so he can't lose control--hence the Christmas party?

Bets? Other ideas?

Meanwhile, how long before Chizuru and Ryu get together? Will Kento finally be someone Ayane can feel serious about? Or is she in the end, bizarrely, destined for Pin? Tune in as soon as possible for the next chapter of Kimi ni Todoke!

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I so wish this manga would have been complete and I could just read all the chapters. this manga is very slow, so it will take us like 3 chapters to know what Kazahay´s problem is.

Edited by hero, 17 February 2012 - 08:59 PM.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
It'd be awesome if Ayane gets with Pin, I can't help but feel they're perfect for each other. Chizuru and Ryu probably will take a bit longer.
I think the same as you, Kazehaya is afraid of taking it too far with Kuronuma. But somehow I'm getting mad with it. The manga took a delightful pace until some time during the trip but it got awfully slow after it, don't you agree?
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Aedra

Aedra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

he'll give in to his urge to kiss her and stroke her and fondle her

..which will result into invoking the yandere part of Sawako's personality. At the Christmas party Sawako's alter-ego Yanwako will proceed to kidnap the unsuspecting Kazehaya and ravage the youth in the nearby woods! All this happening, of course, over the course of many, many chapters filled with the most intense of glares and panels of bishies frozen speechless!

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

he'll give in to his urge to kiss her and stroke her and fondle her

..which will result into invoking the yandere part of Sawako's personality. At the Christmas party Sawako's alter-ego Yanwako will proceed to kidnap the unsuspecting Kazehaya and ravage the youth in the nearby woods! All this happening, of course, over the course of many, many chapters filled with the most intense of glares and panels of bishies frozen speechless!

You rule.
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Aedra

Aedra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

You rule.

B) .

On the more serious note i found the last chapter rather strange. I got used to "Kimi ni Todoke" being my hot cup of tea on the cold wintry morning prepared by loving hands of your lover (ok, that metaphor went too far...) but this last chapter was like finding coffee remains in that cup. Manga was very predictable, not in a bad sense, up to this point. I read it because i wanted to read such a story, sometimes a person just wants to be carefree and enjoy her cliche shojo fantasy (or some well-devised yuri mmmm...). Absolutely nothing wrong with that! Hope the author does not ruin it with adding this blasted coffee to my tea :batoto_012:! Or if he really insists on spicing it he might as well add some yuri action between Chizuru and Ayane, resulting in Ryu's facial expression no.3, the audacious daredevil :batoto_015: !

Edited by Aedra, 21 February 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
A fellow yuri lover, huh? When I want a 'hot cup of tea' (actually I'm a hot cocoa man) and am in a yuri mood I often turn to anything by Morishima Akiko, especially Hanjuku Joshi. Or, Chatting at the Amber Teahouse by Fujieda Miyabi . . . so soothing, and there actually is tea involved.

As to the current chapter, don't get too worried. They're having a misunderstanding. It won't last and they'll make up and get even closer and maybe even kiss. It'll be great. She'll be so embarrassed steam will come off her.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Chapter 66 was a complete let down... I was hoping Kazehaya would finally start thinking.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Chapter 66 was a complete let down... I was hoping Kazehaya would finally start thinking.

before that happenes, we will likely get the story behind what happened to akane.

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Arab Emirates
I would be happy if Pin and Ayane ended up together. I don't know how likely for this to happen especially that now Kento is in the picture but I still have hope that something might happen. However I do think Kento has a bigger chance to have her. :( I have always liked the interactions between Pin and Ayane and I used to believe that something might happen between them but not sure anymore. It was pretty obvious Ayane has a thing for him but maybe it was just me reading too much into things but I hope not.

I kinda want something different for Ayane and I hope Pin will be the first guy she confesses to but I am not sure what is going to happen anymore. Do you guys think Pin x Ayane could still happen or is it most probably Kento?

Edited by HatsumiShinogu, 25 March 2012 - 01:54 AM.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Well... I think Ayane and Kento is more likely to happen but it's not as if we can read the mangaka's mind, right? All those interactions between Pin and Ayane can't mean nothing, unless Pin is only supposed to be the "mentor" like character...

Yes, I guess Akane's story comes first. But a girl can hope, right?

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
I admit that Kento x Ayane is more likely to happen for a number of reasons but I also think maybe the mangaka is somehow taking the long way and that even if Ayane gets together with Kento, it will just be a detour to Pin? Well, it is obvious Ayane is confused right now and may not be aware of her feelings, so there is a big chance she might go out with Kento and realize later on who she really likes.

I also feel that Kurumi might play a role in the Ayane's plot. She might either be a rival or she might help Ayane in a way realize her true feelings. I am not sure about Pin, though. Whether he will reciprocate her feelings or not is something we will have to wait to find out. There is always the possibility that he might reject her or he might like her back.

I hope interesting things will happen in the next chapter. Can't wait!

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts

Well... I think Ayane and Kento is more likely to happen but it's not as if we can read the mangaka's mind, right? All those interactions between Pin and Ayane can't mean nothing, unless Pin is only supposed to be the "mentor" like character...

Yes, I guess Akane's story comes first. But a girl can hope, right?

Well I'm thinking Pin is the mentor character... And yeah, we always have to expect the unexpected... We never know what could happen ^.^ As long as they all finish somewhat happy I'm okay with the decision... (I hate when a character ends up alone and lives their lives crying... a bad reality :()

Well I'm usually always interested in the backstories... but the story moves reeaally slow soooo xD I wanna know what happens neexxtttt :D

IM or it's for naught

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
While I have an odd fondness for that Ayane-Pin pairing, I can't help thinking that I should really take a reality check. It's all very fine to wish that guy on some character in a manga, but honestly--if you had a friend in real life who might possibly end up with Pin, what would you tell them? If you're at all responsible you'd tell them to run the other way fast. Really, friends shouldn't let friends go out with Pin. He's a moron and a buffoon and highly annoying, and having occasional idiot-savant moments of brilliance does not make him boyfriend material.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
I disagree with you Purple Library Guy. I wouldn't advise a friend against dating Pin, I would actually support that friend. Yes, Pin is childish and a moron and annoying...but he's actually quite reliable when he wants to. And he has a knack for saying the right thing, even when he doesn't even notice it himself.
More than a sweet, caring, responsible, reliable, kind and mature boyfriend, who screws up some times and then asks for your forgiveness with a bouquet of roses, takes you out on cute dates and cuddles you every single night, I've always seen a guy who's crazy, stupid, childish, unreliable, rude but truthful as a better candidate. It's not about being boyfriend material or not, it's about who's right for you. Not what you want, but what you need (lol, Princess and the Frog).
I think Pin's the guy for Ayane; from my point of view, she needs someone who'll make her loose her cool, go crazy but actually have a ton of fun at the same time. Kento is a cool guy but he's not right for Ayane.
I'm not sure if I'm saying the correct thing. But when I read Ayane's parts on the manga, this is the feeling I get.

Edited by Attanus, 16 April 2012 - 08:09 PM.

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Liked the new chapter. The conversation between Ayane and Sawako was so nice and touching. It is great seeing their friendship being pushed to an even further level.

I don't really know what is going to happen anymore nor where this is going. Ayane is still confused, though she knows now that Kento is serious about her. It is understandable as she never felt serious about anyone before, so she doesn't know how to act in such situations. Her previous relationships were more convenient; no strings attached but now that she is facing something different, she doesn't know what to do.

It seems that Ayane thinks by agreeing on going out with Kento, she is taking advantage of his kindness to fill that void in her heart. She may very well learn to love him eventually but I don't know.

I am kinda confused myself. What about Pin? Does that mean that Ayane never felt anything for him or is it that she still doesn't realize those feelings? I actually think it would be a waste if Shiina-sensei didn't do a love triangle. A love triangle between Kento, Ayane, and Pin would be awesome.

I am still rooting for Pin x Ayane and I hope this is what will happen at the end. Please, Shiina-sensei! :(

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

I don't really know what is going to happen anymore nor where this is going. Ayane is still confused, though she knows now that Kento is serious about her. It is understandable as she never felt serious about anyone before, so she doesn't know how to act in such situations. Her previous relationships were more convenient; no strings attached but now that she is facing something different, she doesn't know what to do.

how did you get the idee that she knows that kento is serious about her?

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

how did you get the idea that she knows that kento is serious about her?

She may not be 100% sure that he is serious about her but the fact that she doesn't want to go out with him for the fear of taking advantage of his kindness could indicate that she is kinda convinced he was sincere. Did I get this wrong? Or maybe she doesn't want to go out with him and ruin things between them? A lot of possibilities and speculations.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

She may not be 100% sure that he is serious about her but the fact that she doesn't want to go out with him for the fear of taking advantage of his kindness could indicate that she is kinda convinced he was sincere. Did I get this wrong? Or maybe she doesn't want to go out with him and ruin things between them? A lot of possibilities and speculations.

I think there is a thing in her past that we don´t know about yet and that would help us to understand why she doesn´t want to go out with him.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Wow, I will be so glad when this gloomy atmosphere between Sawako and Kazehaya gets resolved one way or the other, the tension is killing me

Tn7HA0h.png