Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shouldn't there be a chapter discussion thingie?

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Arab Emirates
Liked the development between Ryu and Chizu. I'm sure fans of the pair would be happy with this development. I wonder how things will be now that Chizu is obviously aware of Ryu as a little more than a friend.

Nothing new between Kazehaya and Sawako. I'm not as pissed as the other fans are but I think Kazehaya is going too far by ignoring Sawako and not even attempting to have a conversation with her, which makes things even more awkward between the two. I don't know how this issue will be resolved.

As for Kento and Ayane, I don't know what is going to happen anymore. Is it really going the Kento x Ayane route? The mangaka has been focusing on the two for the last couple of episodes that I wonder if she already set her mind on them as the third pair. Was Pin never an option? It looks that way to me but when I look through my earlier volumes of the series, I can't help but feel that there is something between Pin and Ayane. The chemistry is there but I still can't say for sure whether feelings of love will develop.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Perhaps she was going for PinxAyane but changed her mind? It's possible, right?
I'm so fed up with Kazehaya! If I was Sawako I'd beat him up until he finally got the message.
And I loved Chizu's smile at the end, I believe we can take it as a hint that something will surely happen on the next chapter or so. And Ryu is so cute!
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I think Pin probably helped Ayane when she came to school and her cheek was swallown.
I mean that would make sense to why she would talk to him and so on.

Aedra

Aedra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
Chapter 68 had the worst cliff-hanger ever... Gah just kiss allready!!! Don't care who kisses whom, SOMEBODY please!!! One more long and silent look and my screen will explode from all the tension that has building up for last 20+ chapters!!!

P.S. OK i could settle for a hug but to quote Chizu "STOP STARING", do something!

Edited by Aedra, 17 May 2012 - 07:33 PM.

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

I think Pin probably helped Ayane when she came to school and her cheek was swallown.
I mean that would make sense to why she would talk to him and so on.

No, Pin didn't help Ayane at that time. In fact, he was being an insensitive jerk, which made her even more angry.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

No, Pin didn't help Ayane at that time. In fact, he was being an insensitive jerk, which made her even more angry.

I always thought "insensitive jerk" was just part of Pin's make-up. He's a good character, lively and out-going, but I always thought of him as more of a comic foil and instigator to the advancement of the plot and relationships, never an actual participant in a student/teacher romance.

Tn7HA0h.png

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

in which chapter did we see that?

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

in which chapter did we see that?

It was in chapter 20.

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Episode 69 is out! Things are developing nicely between Ryu and Chizu but whether they will start to go out is yet to be seen. Chizu is still a little bit dense but it seems she is becoming aware of Ryu more and more. It was nice to see her feminine side for a change.

No interaction between Kazehaya and Sawako this time as well. Pin was about to crash the party when he ran into Sawako in the hallway outside the Karaoke room. He sensed that there is something off about her, so he offered to sit and listen to her. I thought it was so nice of Pin to offer a listening ear and give her advice. Hopefully she will take his advice and do something.

The biggest surprise for me was Mogi. I sure didn't expect him to show up again but who knows what role he will have this time. I wonder if things will get messier now that he is back. Some people think that he might be the one Ayane ends up with but I kind of doubt that. He could play a role in her story, though.

I wonder if Pin and Ayane will meet in the next episode. Is there still a chance for something to happen between them?

Edited by HatsumiShinogu, 18 June 2012 - 06:39 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Episode 69 is out! Things are developing nicely between Ryu and Chizu but whether they will start to go out is yet to be seen. Chizu is still a little bit dense but it seems she is becoming aware of Ryu more and more. It was nice to see her feminine side for a change.

No interaction between Kazehaya and Sawako this time as well. Pin was about to crash the party when he ran into Sawako in the hallway outside the Karoake room. He sensed that there is something off about her, so he offered to sit and listen to her. I thought it was so nice of Pin to offer a listening ear and give her advice. Hopefully she will take his advice and do something.

The biggest surprise for me was Mogi. I sure didn't expect him to show up again but who knows what role he will have this time. I wonder if things will get messier now that he is back. Some people think that he might be the one Ayane ends up with but I kind of doubt that. He could play a role in her story, though.

I wonder if Pin and Ayane will meet in the next episode. Is there still a chance for something to happen between them?

You remember that Mogi character? Shoot, I drew a total blank but was too busy/lazy to go back and look for him. Honestly I drew such a blank I wasn't even sure he was a previous character and not a new one fixing to be introduced.

Yeah, Pin is definately trying to help her, I think he's honestly tried to help them both a number of times but Kazehaya is really dropping the ball here, and really has been for a while.

Chizu may be a little dense but the biggest problem with her and any relationship has to be how focused she was on Ryu's older brother. It's going to take a while for her to give that up. Or maybe I should say recover from it.

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
With Chizu and Ryu that's been the problem, but I think she's getting over it. She's certainly blushing hard enough. I think we may be through that and more into "I'm a clumsy tomboy, not a lover, dammit!"

I notice a while ago hero complained about how slowly this manga develops, figuring it would take 3 chapters for the Kazehaya/Sawako problem to get cleared up. 4 chapters later, no sign of resolution. You didn't know the half of it, ol' boy.

Yeah, that Mogi guy . . . is he the guy who went out with Ayane for a little while, being sincere and trying hard but not really operating at her level, until she decided she had no feelings for him, as usual, and dumped him in Okinawa? I felt kind of sorry for him, but he didn't make a strong impression.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
AHHHH! You're right, you're right! Yeah, didn't he date her because he thought she was easy? I do vaugly remember it now, thanks PLG. ( i don't know about the feeling sorry for him, I really think he had ulterior motives, but I've still been too lazy to try to find him >_<)

Tn7HA0h.png

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
I never disliked Mogi. It is true that he was more interested in sleeping with Ayane and doing stuff with her but he wasn't that bad. It is just that there wasn't enough time for him to develop feelings for her. She wasn't in love with him either.

I'm sure there is a reason why the mangaka brought him back. I thought his part was over when Ayane dumped him but there could more in store for us. Is he and Kento going to fight over Ayane? Will she at the end choose one of them? A lot of questions.

Kaybee

Kaybee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
I do enjoy the chapters that focus on the other characters.
Perhaps Mogi is back to explain that he was just talking sh!t with his friends like teenage boys do and that he really loves her. Or maybe he is going to confess to Kento, and that he only went out with Ayane because he was trying to deny that he liked guys. Or maybe just apologise or maybe he needed the toilet...
I think (hope), that Pin is just a catalyst, and not a love interest.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I never disliked Mogi. It is true that he was more interested in sleeping with Ayane and doing stuff with her but he wasn't that bad. It is just that there wasn't enough time for him to develop feelings for her. She wasn't in love with him either.

I'm sure there is a reason why the mangaka brought him back. I thought his part was over when Ayane dumped him but there could more in store for us. Is he and Kento going to fight over Ayane? Will she at the end choose one of them? A lot of questions.

You're right, it's bound to be related to Kento trying to win over Ayane. However it plays out there's going to be some sort of interaction between the three of them.

Tn7HA0h.png

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I wonder why Mogi appeared now. will he talk smack about Ayane and Kento will defend her or why else does he appear now? I can´t imagine him going out with ayane again.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I wonder why Mogi appeared now. will he talk smack about Ayane and Kento will defend her or why else does he appear now? I can´t imagine him going out with ayane again.

Your take on it is the first one that came to my mind (at least after i figured out who he was..>_< ). Him being a jerk and helping create some bond between Kento and Ayane, Kento maybe getting a chance to be the gentleman or defender in front of her.

Tn7HA0h.png

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
I don't know if anyone else noticed but I sometimes feel that Kento has some issues. Maybe it is something that happened in the past but there must be a reason why he is drawn to troubled girls. This episode kind of confirmed if for me but of course I could be wrong. When he said to Sawako "I understand. I will make Ayane-chan feel better." It sounded like he considers it his job to make her feel better, which I find a bit strange. It is understandable that he wants to be with her but I don't know. There is something off, which I can't put my finger on but I might also be reading too much into it.

I still don't know what Mogi's role will be or if he will be important to the Ayane plot but I think it was just a coincidence that he and Kento met in the bathroom. What will go on between them is yet to be seen but I hope things won't get more complicated than they already are.

Hmm.... Pin could be just a catalyst but I honestly don't want him to remain in this role forever. He gives good advice to people but he needs to find a love of his own as well. Was it just a coincidence that his date stood him up and he showed up at the party? I don't want to be too optimistic but I would like to think that there is still a chance it could be him Ayane ends up with. I admit that it is not very likely to happen but I hope.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

When he said to Sawako "I understand. I will make Ayane-chan feel better." It sounded like he considers it his job to make her feel better, which I find a bit strange. It is understandable that he wants to be with her but I don't know. There is something off, which I can't put my finger on but I might also be reading too much into it.

well he told sawako in an earlier chapter that he likes ayane, so I think he said that to sawako because she already knows that he likes ayana and also doesn´t any boy wants to make the girl he likes feel better (no I didn´t mean it the nasty way...)?

but it also could be like you said...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Hahaha, Pin's a real character, I mean he's totally different than anybody else in this story, he's an in-between, young enough to relate to the high school kids, an adult, but not an adult like the parents. I'd be surprised to see him end up with anyone, I think that's part of the gag.

Gosh, I don't know about Kento having any issues, as I remember he's seemed very likeable, well adjusted and popular.

Tn7HA0h.png