Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Finite (Kubera side novel): Old summaries + discussions thread

Kubera raws

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

I think she's saying that the origin for an attribute didn't come from 1 person. The ratio between Nastika and their attribute vary between the races. And yes, the destruction attribute is rare among the dragonkind; there were only 3 destruction dragons in the beginning. Did two of them fall in love with each other?

Edited by 동사서독, 30 June 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

Well, they've at least died by the time the dragon clan loses their emotions. Unless Currygom states how they died somewhere, I think it's just better to label them as "Unknown Cause of Death" for now.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Actually, it goes something along the lines of:

"Some people happened to think that there was only 1 Nastika per Source Attribute!!! If so, the world of Sura is full of incest. That's unacceptable... hahahah. There are many Nastika with the same attribute. Not just one person per attribute.

The ratio of attributes per race varies. For example, within the Dragon Clan, there were very few with the Destruction Attribute, only 3 people, and among them the two others died in the early days of the Universe. So now Taksaka alone is Destruction."

There's a part I can't figure out in the before last sentence, it seems to mean "batting eyes" but I guess it means something else in this context. >_>;;;

And yes, death from falling in love seems to be the penalty for having the Breath skill. Quite unfair, eh?

Edit: I want to know what their carpets and stuff are made of. The fumes in the Sura realm can dissolve flesh and all, right? And since they live so long they probably have something that lasts more than a few millenia on its own. *__*

Erm, that aside.... notice how Vritra didn't mention anything about Dragon Halfs during the meeting. In the old version, we assumed he mentioned it in the meeting after the bit about losing emotions, but the current version shows the full meeting from start to mention. No mention of Dragon Halfs.

Edit: Chapter 25 out by the way, and I'm starting to suspect that Yaksha could have been the one to pioneer the Way of the King. That said, is it me, or does the Yaksha clan seem to have an awful lot of higher-ups who don't like to govern the clan properly? Not that the Vritra clan was better off after the change.

If I didn't misunderstand the chapter, then we also confirmed some of the dynamics between ruler and clan members. In an earlier chapter, it was said that Sura didn't listen to their rulers and attacked humans. In this chapter, Yaksha basically seems to be saying that he couldn't prevent the rest of his clan from attacking the Kinnara clan. Poor Kinnara by the way. Just out of love, and now her clan is in danger.

Edited by Mizura, 02 July 2013 - 03:55 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

The Sura have their own difficulties, after all. I think humans would be a bit more sympathetic towards some Sura if they knew all that was going on with clan dynamics, like with Gandharva, but humans only see what they want to see, which is anti-Sura and pro-God. I wonder... As bad as it sounds, I wonder if some of the atrocities carried out on humans were actually caused by the Gods and then they conveniently blamed some Sura (or clan) for it.

Poor dragons. Poor Kinnara. Poor Yaksha. Hell, I feel for everybody. :(

Edit: I now understand why the Kinnara clan went with absolute neutrality. When faced with its protectors, the Vritra clan, leaving, them now becoming vulnerable to attacks since they can't always fend off enemies easily, neutrality was their best option. I do wonder, though, how Airavata ended up being acting King, though...

Edited by Kaiein, 02 July 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Daydream

Daydream

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

The Sura have their own difficulties, after all. I think humans would be a bit more sympathetic towards some Sura if they knew all that was going on with clan dynamics, like with Gandharva, but humans only see what they want to see, which is anti-Sura and pro-God. I wonder... As bad as it sounds, I wonder if some of the atrocities carried out on humans were actually caused by the Gods and then they conveniently blamed some Sura (or clan) for it.

Poor dragons. Poor Kinnara. Poor Yaksha. Hell, I feel for everybody. :(

Edit: I now understand why the Kinnara clan went with absolute neutrality. When faced with its protectors, the Vritra clan, leaving, them now becoming vulnerable to attacks since they can't always fend off enemies easily, neutrality was their best option. I do wonder, though, how Airavata ended up being acting King, though...

Perhaps the clan changed to absolute neutrality after Kinnara died or disappeared.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Perhaps the clan changed to absolute neutrality after Kinnara died or disappeared.

No, the Kinnara and Vritra clans broke ties probably around the time Kinnara went to talk to Yaksha Ah now I understand your statement. True... but why bother with fighting if you know you'll just lose? Wait, can't ask that question.... The only problem I see with that (and mine, too) is *if* Kinnara is dead, when did she die and under what circumstances?

On a totally unrelated note, I've realized that Yaksha is a Hobbit. Carry on.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ x'D

Even if humans were to know of the circumstances of the Sura, I'm not sure it'd change much. Remember, Currygom's characters are sympathetic, but it doesn't mean they can't be monsters either. Taraka has her own circumstances as well, but all the other Sura clans view her and her clan as horrible monsters, and they have every right to. Some Sura are nice to humans, but most seem to view them as inferior species, and some even pick on them. The Sura Kings may tell their subjects to leave the poor things alone, but for the most part they likely don't directly intervene in their favor. Even borrowing the Nastika's powers is a double-edge sword. Gods, on the other hand, even directly answer the calls of humans, and never harmed them directly. Of course, Gods have the advantage of not having descendents who'd treat humans as food, and unlike the Sura, Gods are a unified group. I imagine that when Sura picked on humans, they did so to humans worshipping some Other race.

Yeah, we don't know what happened to Kinnara. But what happened with Taksaka here is interesting. Because the King disappeared, basically the other Dragons tried to have him as a stand-in. So, even though the throne hasn't passed on, they would still have been able to treat Taksaka as the one in charge.

This chapter was grammar hell by the way. It took me a while to figure out Kinnara's conversation with Yaksha, and it took me even longer to figure out that in the beginning, those Dragon Nastika were talking about some Other dragon left with just anger. The whole part confused the hell out of me until I realized that. xP

I am So close to catching up now, though! :D

Edited by Mizura, 03 July 2013 - 01:32 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

How many chapters are there currently? And what day is their release date?

Daydream

Daydream

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Looks like there are 27 currently. Release date seems to be every week or so.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Mizura, you mentioned earlier that there's a scene in one of the upcoming chapters where Kinnara brings cake to Vasuki, Taksaka, and some others (? is that correct, I'll look and see) Ananta. Since that's the past, I just realized where Vasuki had had cake before when he made the comment, "Being King doesn't mean you'll get more cake."

*rubs eyes* I think I'm seeing things. The latest raws seem to be about Taksaka, Vasuki and Ananta eating cake brought by Kinnara. xP Ugh, need to catch up.

Btw, I hope this is the next chapter. :P

Edited by Kaiein, 03 July 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

Yeah, we don't know what happened to Kinnara. But what happened with Taksaka here is interesting. Because the King disappeared, basically the other Dragons tried to have him as a stand-in. So, even though the throne hasn't passed on, they would still have been able to treat Taksaka as the one in charge.

The Garuda Clan is in the same situation with Maruna and Garuda, no ? Vritra must likely have yet the link with his clan, but the others nastikas can choose to listen the orders of Taksaka. The escape of some nastikas of Gandharva clan among the Asuras show that they are not obliged to listen to the orders of their kings.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Huh. It turns out I was actually wrong about that part. Ananta never approached Taksaka, he just watched from a distance. And he stuffed those foul-tasting things down the throats of his hapless subjects. o,o

(did you know? There's a word in Korean that can apparently be translated into sweets, cookies, pastries Or cake. Which is of course the word used here. I went with whatever variant that can be grabbed by a handful and stuffed into a bag...)

So there was a very good reason for the friendship between Taksaka and Vasuki. I wonder how Airavata and Visnu approached Taksaka as well.

As for the release schedule, it's actually irregular. For a while it used to be on Thursdays, and the past two weeks it was on Tuesdays. The one for this week hasn't been released yet. Sometimes she skips a week or two, and sometimes she posts several chapters in one week. I think she's prioritizing the webtoon and only releasing The finite chapters when she has time.

Edited by Mizura, 04 July 2013 - 04:51 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera

^ x'D

Even if humans were to know of the circumstances of the Sura, I'm not sure it'd change much. Remember, Currygom's characters are sympathetic, but it doesn't mean they can't be monsters either. Taraka has her own circumstances as well, but all the other Sura clans view her and her clan as horrible monsters, and they have every right to. Some Sura are nice to humans, but most seem to view them as inferior species, and some even pick on them. The Sura Kings may tell their subjects to leave the poor things alone, but for the most part they likely don't directly intervene in their favor. Even borrowing the Nastika's powers is a double-edge sword. Gods, on the other hand, even directly answer the calls of humans, and never harmed them directly. Of course, Gods have the advantage of not having descendents who'd treat humans as food, and unlike the Sura, Gods are a unified group. I imagine that when Sura picked on humans, they did so to humans worshipping some Other race.

This chapter was grammar hell by the way. It took me a while to figure out Kinnara's conversation with Yaksha, and it took me even longer to figure out that in the beginning, those Dragon Nastika were talking about some Other dragon left with just anger. The whole part confused the hell out of me until I realized that. xP

I am So close to catching up now, though! :D

or worshipped the gods.

What?close? no no no

*prays to Currygom for massrelease of extra finites asap*

EDIT:
Knowledge gained from chapter:

Suras can cook! (From previous chapter we know they have conferance room), now we can assume kitchens too oO.

Kinnara is famous (somewhat?) for making things not so tasty. (Refering to the mention of Kinnara made sweet -> Nastikas making non-happy faces).

Ananta is somewhat of an evil tyrant (in the friendly way) -> forcing not so good sweets down underlings throats.

Edited by Boredoom, 04 July 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

This chapter... :D :D :D I knew I had a reason for liking Ananta - we both like sweets, whether or not others like them. Now we have a feeler for his personality...hm...

"Are Taksaka and Vasuki gay?" lololololololololol

...Hm? I thought in the original finite version Utpala's hair was black and red in coloration? Could he change his hair color to make it resemble more like Taksaka's or something? I wouldn't mind a color drawing of what Utpala's blue hair looked like...

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera

This chapter... :D :D :D I knew I had a reason for liking Ananta - we both like sweets, whether or not others like them. Now we have a feeler for his personality...hm...

...Hm? I thought in the original finite version Utpala's hair was black and red in coloration? Could he change his hair color to make it resemble more like Taksaka's or something? I wouldn't mind a color drawing of what Utpala's blue hair looked like...

Somewhere it was mentioned that "in the pace your hearts blackens, so will your hair"
I think it was Utpala reminscing what Visnu first told him/her

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

XD I'd love to hear the stories all the other sura will come up about Taksaka and Vasuki. Also I wanna know Utpala's thoughts, she's jealous yeah, but I don't think she'd ever imagine that Taksaka would swing that way

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Damnit, I was So sure that I could catch up by tomorrow, but then my boss informed me that we're leaving on a business trip tomorrow. =,= My weekend!

Well, new chapter up, and I should still catch up before the next chapter is released. :) Taksaka's cold logic is quite cruel, somehow. I actually wonder what made Utpala approach Taksaka in the first place. Since Visnu told Utpala that she's die a horrible death, could it have somehow influenced how she first approached the strong Taksaka?

Vritra apparently went to a "dimension lower than the human realm." So it seems there are still other realms they can access. O,O I wonder what it is? I mean, he couldn't have gone to one of the dimensions of the Gods' realm, could he? It's dangerous there for even Nastika. I can't help but wonder if Vritra's disappearance had some sort of plot significance.

Urvasi shows up! lol, her blog profile had stated that she had a face much more beautiful than Menaka, but Menaka was more popular because of personality. Now I see why. x'D

By the way, I wonder how Taksaka and Airavata became friends. We know that Airavata, Urvasi and Shuri went to find Vritra first, then Taksaka to ask who was most beautiful. Maybe after being called ugly by Taksaka, Airavata bugged him for a while and befriended him? But anyway, it means Vritra does show up again. Apart from the beauty contest, we also know that he fights Taksaka at one point, but the fight was broken up by others. Man, I wonder if Currygom will build upon all these scenes? *__* It's somehow scary how Currygom can drop these random sentences, and they turn out to be entire critical scenes, or a casual promise can turn into such a big deal.

And speaking of Airavata, Shess shows up next chapter! *___* (at the very end though...)

Oh and Boredoom: yes, we know now that Sura can cook from the fact that Kinnara can't. ... wait.... xD

Random note: note that even back then, the Sura referred to the human realm as "human realm." Hmm. But, still no mention of dragon Halfs yet.

Edit: oh yeah, and on her me2day, Currygom noted that updates have been irregular since Chapter 21 and will likely remain so. She isn't paid for the novel, and the amount of readers is quite small for novels in the Challenge section, so it didn't generate extra publicity for the webtoon like she'd hoped for. So, she wants to sleep, and stuff. Understandable. xP

Edit 2: I finally caught up. UGH! I would have caught up on Sunday if my boss didn't drag me on an emergency meeting trip. And the flight back on Sunday evening was cancelled. And the first flight the next day was cancelled. And the flight that did take off was nearly 4 hours late, which wouldn't have been so bad if we weren't forced to sit in the plane the whole time, twiddling our thumbs since we had no idea when it Would take off. Waaah. ;_;

Edited by Mizura, 11 July 2013 - 03:43 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

And Shess calms Taksaka down and tells Ian the truth and kills Vitra and gets Nard and his wife to stay together and prevents the cataclysm and all is happy ever after.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Go Shess! Show them the power of Pink! 

... that didn't sound quite right. D:

3492bk6.jpg

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts

Go Shess! Show them the power of Pink! 

... that didn't sound quite right. D:

Hurray new chapter!

Thank you very much, again, as always and always and always and so on..

I wonder, will Nard & Ha..... go get Vissnu, Vasuki, or did they go to get Shess? (If so it was pretty quick, I suppose, but I believe Nard & Ha.... talked same day as Taksaka caused the ... incident, .. but still we don't know how fast Nastikas travel...).

Anxious for next chapter e.e

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler