Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Chapters 0-63 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

Rana in Spanish means frog. I just couldn't accept what I was reading the first time I saw it :S Maybe if Rain kisses her, he'll become a charming prince? :D

In Italian that name bears the same meaning. I can't help but laugh every time I see that poor girl, she got a sooo ugly name XD

I've caught a glimpse of ch. 60 from Naver, I too can't wait for the translation. Gonna be interesting, and I can't have enough Kasak fanservice!
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
... wow, and until now, I thought she had quite a nice name, if you discount the fact that it's basically Ran + an extra "a". D:
Poor Rana.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

pegaso

pegaso

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

Spoiler

Eh, the reason the humans got the best world is probably:
1. That's the only world they've probably ever been able to "go" to (they can't move across dimensions like the Sura and Gods can)
2. They're weak, man, they probably can't even survive in the two other worlds. :S

I can't wait for the next chapter. *___*

from wikipedia as well, kali is suppose to be the consort of shiva if i'm not wrong. and when she's often depicted as trampling/standing over shiva in the paintings or something haha.

although currygom does not strictly follow the hindu religion, but i think there is some truth we might be able to infer.

Spoiler

Edited by pegaso, 14 April 2012 - 07:22 AM.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

So there are magic cars ,and we find out more about Ran an Rana , well frogs and water go together , mabe they will have lots of tadpoles together . It actualy must be a real name in India .
http://www.ranadaggubati.com/
Spoiler

Edited by battradio, 14 April 2012 - 08:12 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
@Pegaso: Nice info! I had already looked up some of that in wikipedia too. The author was right when she said that she only borrowed some elements and not to look too deeply into it.

And speaking of which..... new chaaaaapter! One of the most informative chapters in Part I, actually. So much stuff going on. Did you realize:

1. Ran's grandmother is the Sura who appeared in one of the flashbacks concerning the Gandharva a while back?

Heh, I was wondering why Ran's grandfather didn't outright freak out when she showed up (I sure the hell would O.o;; ), so it's because he was blind! What a strange romance! But anyway, in the flashback, Ran's grandmother told Gandharva that he couldn't rely on her help forever. Now, notice that Ran's mother had a furry tail. This means that she's probably from the Yaksha clan, which also explains Ran's strength. Remember also that Shuri has supposedly died.

Conclusion: Ran's grandmother is likely the current King of the Yaksha clan. The Gandharva, Yaksha and Garuda clans were allied clans. After being sent to the Sura world, the Gandharva clan couldn't rely on the Garuda, who had their own problems because their King was in a coma, so they couldn't replace him with proper leadership. So, the Gandharva clan likely relied on help from the allied Yaksha clan. But with Shuri gone, the next King couldn't help the Gandharva forever.

By the way, one thing I never understood... in the arc where Leez and Asha came across Yuta, the hunters said they had their hands on the bones of the Yaksha King. But I never quite understood which King's bones it was exactly. Were they from Yaksha himself, who died a while back (since Shuri became King somewhere along the way)? Shuri seems to have died during N0, but she was supposed to be on Isholy, taking care of Yuta, so why would her bones be on Willarv? Or did someone drag her corpse there for some purpose afterwards ( <- a la mystery novel, lol)

2. N0 Cataclysm. Whoa! When I was trying to figure out the raws, I couldn't figure out Which planet was blown up. It turned out that several of them were. D: But... what was going on? I had thought that the Sura Nastika were the ones responsible, but thinking more closely... what could have compelled them to do so? Aren't lower-level Sura living on those planets too? What was the reason for the sudden war?

Also, Visnu ended the Cataclysm. But why didn't he end it sooner? Also, this was a case of emotional resonation. But, why were the Sura Kings so angry? I've read someone suggesting that they were angry because the rules suddenly changed and Nastika could no longer take Sura form, but from the image, I suddenly realized that it probably wasn't the case yet: that's clearly a Vritra there, and we know there are only Vritra Nastika and Halfs, so that's likely a Nastika. So, the rule against them taking Sura form in the human realm may be right after the Cataclysm. But there's also the rule change During N0 that prevented humans from summoning Gods freely. What's the chronology? What caused all this?

Spoiler

This chapter I think is quite interesting because it shows that whatever it is that's going on and that Leez is caught up in, it's Definitely much bigger than "Some random Suras blew up her village, Leez is going to get revenge." There's something big going on, something big enough to get the rules changed and force the humans, Suras and Gods into different realms, causing Visnu and Shiva to disappear. But how does Leez, a mere human, fit into all this? All that stands out about her is that she has the name of -one- God. One God couldn't possibly be responsible for all this mess.

3. The Halfs, ack. And yes, this is why they have lost all their rights. In some ways, I can understand the reasoning of humans. After the incident, humans must have come to see Halfs as ticking time bombs, ready to turn against humans when humans need them the most. But I can't help but wonder who suffered the most from the incident:
- The humans, who saw their friends and loved ones turn on them when they needed them the most? It's hard to begin to understand how much Ran must have been traumatized by the incident.
- Or the Halfs, who one day came to their senses, realizing that They were the ones who killed those they loved the most, and who have been persecuted ever since?

Asha was right when she told off Leez saying that Leez was not the only one who lost everything. Humans and Halfs lost a lot during the N0 Cataclysm. The Sura were sent to a hostile realm, whereas Upani children who couldn't survive in that realm were left behind, at the mercy of likely vengeful human hunters.

And, oh yeah, magic car. HAHAH!!! That part was funny. But battradio, Agwen was talking about Kasak. xD He flies really fast.

Spoiler

Oh by the way, Asha turning down the offer for a fast free ride seems just a tad bit suspicious. -_o

Someone in chat is asking why The Company is releasing so many chapters of Kubera rather than Green Boy. I can't believe someone thinks Kubera is worse than that sissy romance story. D:

Edited by Mizura, 14 April 2012 - 08:23 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Elenluin

Elenluin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUK
Great chapter, I finally understood what N0 is.
Maybe Asha declined Agwen's offer because Leez's bracelet? Of course Asha might be hiding something bigger than that too. I was confused by the fastest car as well, till I got it; Dragon.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Whoaaaa calm down Mizura, too much infos right there!

1. I didn't notice the thing about Ran's grandmother. Interesting theory! But too much thinking about the Yaksha King bone... It's quite large, so I think the King has died in Sura form instead of Human form. So, probably during the N0 Cataclysm, or before, when superior Suras were allowed to take their full surafied form in the human realm.

2. N0 Cataclysm: the rules changed because of the Cataclysm, it wasn't the change to cause the Cataclysm. Or so I believe. I thought that Visnu changed the rules to not allow another Cataclysm to happen; after all, during the Cataclysm entire planets were blown away...
What's currently stopping the culprit to continue blowing up planets one after another?
Was the Cataclysm a sign of an impeding end of the universe?

3. I'm sympathizing with the Halfs, really. Being the discriminated minority isn't all rainbows and flowers, after all.
But I sympathize with Agwen and other humans too, now I understand the reason she treats her father the way she does. In her shoes, I wouldn't have wanted to have something to do with him ever again. It's clear she doesn't forgive him for what he has done. I'm curious about Kasak's point of view on the matter: does he feel guilty? Does he care he hurt his own family? Or does his Vritra Half nature stop him from feeling such emotions?
Everything depends on the earrings, I think o.o He wouldn't act as he does if he wasn't feeling guilty, being bossed around by his own daughter and being treated almost like a stranger, or a thing (the car joke). I'm starting to feel extremely sad for him, as well... There's practically no chance he would gain back Agwen's trust.

4. Asha turning down the offer seems perfectly clear to me. She has to accompany Ran during his quest, so he can graduate, but her real goal is to have him pay for calling her a pervert and mistaking her for a man... other than have another pair of hands to help with the travelling towards Kalibloom. And anyway, since they're in month of Yama, I don't see any reason to travel in a day to Kalibloom, it would be a month of nothing to do and the risk of Kalibloom being attacked by Suras.
Remember that Asha practically forces Leez not to stay in the same place for too long? (Atera's been an exception; after all, Asha needed to regain strenght after being the "replacement priestess" for Atera's barrier, after Brilith fainted and Agni lost control of his powers)
And anyway, if she wanted to travel fast, she would have made Leez faint or sleep and ask Yuta to transport them to Kalibloom in a matter of hours XD
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Haha, sorry, since I had already tried to figure out what the chapters say before, I've wanted to discuss much of this already a long time ago. xD

1. Superior Sura were no longer allowed into the human realm after N0 anyway, so yeah, it's unlikely that the bones were from after N0. Also, since Nastika are immortal, yes, said King most likely died fighting, and since they're stronger in Sura form, it's normal for them to die in Sura form.

That said, Ran's grandparents must have had a weird relationship. "My father told me that my mother is a Nastika." Shouldn't it be obvious to a kid what her mother is? Did her mother dump her with her father as soon as she was born or something? O.o;; Still, another comment I found interesting is "Those who live long love long." It reminds me of what Sagara said to Manasvin about them "only having been together for 100 years."

2. Basically, the chronology of the N0 Cataclysm is very unclear. Remember that during N0, the Priest of Rindhallow summoned Chandra, but Chandra didn't realize then "that the rules changed", thus using up the priest's life. This means the rules of summoning at least were changed During the N0 Cataclysm, not after, and nobody got an update notice. So, which rules were changed before, which were changed during, and which were changed after? And, what was the cause of the Cataclysm?

3. Actually, about Agwen...
Spoiler

4. ... well, that's one explanation, the trip being more about revenge. Asha seems able to prioritize though. D: Given the events that happened later, I wonder if she knew that she had to go through that passage. You know, those passages Are dangerous.

Spoiler

3492bk6.jpg

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

That said, Ran's grandparents must have had a weird relationship. "My father told me that my mother is a Nastika." Shouldn't it be obvious to a kid what her mother is? Did her mother dump her with her father as soon as she was born or something? O.o;; Still, another comment I found interesting is "Those who live long love long." It reminds me of what Sagara said to Manasvin about them "only having been together for 100 years."

Either she and her father were abandoned (after all, I don't think that even Nastika take the death of their loved ones very well), or she did ignore how a Nastika looked like or was supposed to look like. But since it happened waaaay before N0, this theory shakes a lot... So I stick with the "abandon" one.

2. Basically, the chronology of the N0 Cataclysm is very unclear. Remember that during N0, the Priest of Rindhallow summoned Chandra, but Chandra didn't realize then "that the rules changed", thus using up the priest's life. This means the rules of summoning at least were changed During the N0 Cataclysm, not after, and nobody got an update notice. So, which rules were changed before, which were changed during, and which were changed after? And, what was the cause of the Cataclysm?

Was it Chandra? O.o I thought it was Kali, seemed more fitting since she's the Goddess of Chaos and basically... chaos=ignore rules. XD
But oh, it does make sense. Unlike online games, Gods don't receive the patch notes when something changes X°D

3. Actually, about Agwen...

Spoiler

Fuuuuuu- so it's really what I thought. Mr. Kasak, you still have a fangirl, but it's a sad fangirl. >(

4. ... well, that's one explanation, the trip being more about revenge. Asha seems able to prioritize though. D: Given the events that happened later, I wonder if she knew that she had to go through that passage. You know, those passages Are dangerous.

In reality, I thought of the trip as a way to avoid unnecessary attention, avoid main traveling routes and towns, and take revenge on Ran's stupidity. xD
After all, she got as companions a good-for-nothing gluttonous girl with impossible strength and impossible naivety, which said strength is currently conveniently sealed by a bracelet; a Sura with a double nature and some dangerous eating habits; a Quarter with zero calculating talent who's more likely to cause disasters if given the opportunity to cast a Bhavati Varuna.

OMG I just discovered I always misspelled "strength" as "strenght" o,o Like I always have to watch out when I'm writing Brilith's name, since I have the habit to misspell it as "Brilight" for some reason...
Posted Image

pegaso

pegaso

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

Was it Chandra? O.o I thought it was Kali, seemed more fitting since she's the Goddess of Chaos and basically... chaos=ignore rules. XD
But oh, it does make sense. Unlike online games, Gods don't receive the patch notes when something changes X°D

yeah it was chandra http://vatoto.com/read/_/67055/kubera_ch37_by_the-company

btw i don't think you can use Kali's power anyway...

Spoiler

Edited by pegaso, 14 April 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Hmm... about taking the long way: actually, that's a pretty logical way to look at it. I guess I just thought otherwise because of future events. After all, well...

Spoiler

lol at the patch comparison. xD But anyway, about Kasak... I don't care, I'm still his fangirl. *__* Kasaaaaak!

Ah, by the way, the relation between humans and Suras were cut off well before N0. There are no given dates, but some believe that it may have occurred in D0 (no real clues, just the fact that it seemed like a good reason to start a new calendar system).

Spoiler

By the way... Nastika are supposed to be much stronger than the Gods (notice how Gandharva said that some, including Agni, were just fun to "play with", and the others weren't worth bothering about). Now Suras die for good if killed, which means that prior to that, the Gods failed to kill Gandharva and most other Sura kings. But, in N0, Shuri died and Garuda was put into a coma. Somehow it obviously wasn't a "normal" war between Gods and Sura.

(mega super spoilers below)

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 14 April 2012 - 12:42 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Many, many things to reply to.

lol at the patch comparison. xD But anyway, about Kasak... I don't care, I'm still his fangirl. *__* Kasaaaaak!

Oh yes <3

By the way... Nastika are supposed to be much stronger than the Gods (notice how Gandharva said that some, including Agni, were just fun to "play with", and the others weren't worth bothering about). Now Suras die for good if killed, which means that prior to that, the Gods failed to kill Gandharva and most other Sura kings. But, in N0, Shuri died and Garuda was put into a coma. Somehow it obviously wasn't a "normal" war between Gods and Sura.

(mega super spoilers below)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts
About N0...

I don't think it really had much to do with the Power of the Name, since the Garuda siblings were divided long before it, if I'm correct. Of course, something about the Power might have had a major role in it, but it's really hard to tell, since it looks like the problem was known years back.
Another thing, it was mentioned that planets were destroyed, but I don't really see anything strange there. I mean, the author lets us know quite clearly that the power the gods and suras have is quite overwhelming, so much that after the cataclysm it became very hard for them to reach the human world (nastika are even banned from transforming there to their full-power form). This might mean that it was their own power that, while battling, destroyed all those planets. If they were all so enraged they reached a whole new level of resonation they probably didn't give a damn to what was happening around them, thus bringing destruction everywhere. Again, the main question remains what exactly triggered this war of epic proportions.
Spoiler

Can't wait for the next chapter about lore.

Edited by noctemleya, 15 April 2012 - 01:11 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ You might want to put that last part under spoiler tags. Though... I'm one to talk. >.>;; Anyway, you're right, if the Nastika were angry enough they could have destroyed all those planets with their own might, regardless of whether there were inferior Sura also living on them.

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 15 April 2012 - 12:15 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts
Yeah, after i've seen it in a clear timeline like this, planet Carte's destruction might really have something to do with "the plan".
Spoiler

Thanks for letting me know about the spoilers tag, i am never sure where to exactly use it or not. So feel free to remind me. :)

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

Yeah, after i've seen it in a clear timeline like this, planet Carte's destruction might really have something to do with "the plan".

Spoiler

Thanks for letting me know about the spoilers tag, i am never sure where to exactly use it or not. So feel free to remind me. :)

It isn't directly stated (unless you take the "God is unfair" comment as a direct statement), but Asha does hate the Gods. It's crystal clear by some of her comments and expressions when words like "fate" or "gods" are introduced during a talk. See when she's negotiating with Yuta, when he tries to join their little group to get to Kalibloom.

Spoiler

Oh, and I cut some nice pic of Kasak in his Half form for fangirlism. Thanks, Currygom, for creating a dragon half so awesome! (and his daughter ofc)
Not really spoilerish, but for the sake of not deforming this forum I'll put them under spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Edited by Macha, 15 April 2012 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
I had wonderd why ? Kasak was so hungry , his daughter has been using him as her own privite lear jet

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by battradio, 15 April 2012 - 02:37 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Spoiler

Asha did say that she dislikes the Gods, when she was talking with Brilith. Brilith asked her why she didn't visit the Temple of Agni, and Asha answered that she dislikes the gods so she won't visit their temples. Brilith then replied "But they're the source of your powers."

Spoiler

Battradio, what a terrible thing to happen to your co-worker. :(

But yeah, poor Kasak needs to refuel. xD It's a good thing food doesn't seem to expensive in this world...

Edited by Mizura, 15 April 2012 - 03:26 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

Spoiler

Asha did say that she dislikes the Gods, when she was talking with Brilith. Brilith asked her why she didn't visit the Temple of Agni, and Asha answered that she dislikes the gods so she won't visit their temples. Brilith then replied "But they're the source of your powers."

Right... I tend to forget little things like this >.>

Spoiler

Battradio, what a terrible thing to happen to your co-worker. :(

But yeah, poor Kasak needs to refuel. xD It's a good thing food doesn't seem to expensive in this world...

What I meant, is that Asha is doing what she's doing under the pretense of protecting Leez. Probably at the beginning it was just a pretense, but the more time they spend together, the more difficult is to lie and continue to manipulate Leez while keeping her in the dark.

Lol @ meat as fuel for "the fastest car on this star"...

Edited by Macha, 15 April 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ah, that's true. She's "protecting" Leez for now, but it's to keep her alive for her own purposes. Poor Leez, she's like a lost puppy, following anyone who feeds her. :'(
... well, at least she's making sure that Asha's is feeding her lots. :S

You know, given the current status in the novel, I kind of suspect the break will last at least 2 months longer, just saying... it's a good thing we're getting these fast updates instead. xP The novel is getting quite interesting though, at first it was slow and a bit bland.

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 15 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

3492bk6.jpg