Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Chapters 0-63 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
As Ran Sees' LeeZ

Spoiler

Edited by battradio, 23 April 2012 - 04:08 AM.

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts
Poor Leez, as if Asha's insults weren't enough. :(

On a sidenote, Ran does look nice dressed like that.
Btw, there was a mention of Rana's deal with the dean being permission to date Ran... But does it really feel like she loves him?
I was thinking, maybe the dean made Rana swear that she wouldn't date anyone unless Ran graduates, the reason being Ran got interested into his studies only after meeting Rana. Seeing that the dean might have made some shady deal with her like "i'll let you become a professor if you swear not to date anyone and dedicate yourself to Ran until he graduates". All for the sake of Ran's studies, or something like that.
I'm just speculating here, but I didn't get the feeling that Rana is romantically interested in him, it feels like she sees him more as a little immature brother.
It would be nice if that weren't the case and i was wrong though, since I kinda like the thought of them being a couple. :P

pegaso

pegaso

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
Spoiler

Edited by pegaso, 23 April 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Please put it under spoiler tag, it's still a huge spoiler.

Noctemleya, I've got the same feeling as you, but I don't think the deal with Ran's aunt is so shady - I mean, the part about the professor seat. From what I understood, Rana is already a professor in that University :P
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
We don't know what Rana's deal with Ran's aunt is. The fact that perhaps it's to get permission to date Ran is just speculation on my part. :o It rather makes sense, because the deal occurred a long time ago, when the age differences weren't as pronounced. As the age differences became more and more apparent, it'd explain why Eline Haias would think that Rana's getting nervous. Also, Rana does seem to like Ran, or at least it seems to me that she's hiding the fact that she likes Ran from him (and since he's so dense, he didn't notice either).

But, it's still just speculation on my part. In any case, I doubt Rana would "use" her childhood friend by making some shady deal (whatever the deal may be) that could hurt him.

As for how Ran sees Leez... come to think of it, he seems to see everyone else save Rana as some ugly animal (see the scene where he first met Rana). xD Who knows? Maybe his Sura blood makes him think all humans look alike.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

As for how Ran sees Leez... come to think of it, he seems to see everyone else save Rana as some ugly animal (see the scene where he first met Rana). xD Who knows? Maybe his Sura blood makes him think all humans look alike.

Lol true, everyone around Rana was labeled with insults, while Rana was the only one labeled as a "female person" (meaning that Ran recognized her as a girl, rather than a cute girl - that came afterwards).
Posted Image

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
Rana Posted Image lolicon version

These are the best photos of Leez i have seen in the whole series , but they remind me of Asha for some reason

Spoiler

Anyone want to guess when the release will be tonight , its usally ten minutes after i fall asleep .

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
.... lolicon version. x'D Well put.
No idea when the release happens. Hopefully before my plane lands and I go home. :D Next chapter is Super heavy on text though, I wonder if it'll be delayed... ;_;

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Hooray, new chapter!
We see Hoti Surya in action! And Asha's unbelievable memory skills. And Ran's stupidity pushed forward by himself. X°D He's doing everything by himself, it's a pity there's no more Rana to smack his head and make him realize Asha is actually a girl. Though, I wonder why he didn't comment on Leez' face... Probably because for him, Rana is the only girl in the world, everyone else is ugly by default.
Posted Image

Myki

Myki

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLA and outa my mind
So much awesomeness from all of you guys!

✌۵(☮‿☮)۵       ������    ������ 毎気 ������!  
✌۵(☮‿☮)۵ Every Spirit

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yay! New fellow Kubera fan! Welcome! :D
Bwahahah! Poor Rana! She's so going to have nightmares from now on! x'D

Thanks to the scanlators for the chapter! :D

3492bk6.jpg

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
"He seems the kind of person that would kill heaps of people and then say it was a magical accident homicide" I was translating the chapter where Asha threatens the half hunters some days ago and when I read this (again) I almost choked. That cold glare makes Asha look someone really dangerous xDDDD
For a moment I thought the alarm clock at the beginning of the chapter was a real person (forgot her name, sorry) xD

Now we know two of the hours of the day: the Hour of Fire, at sunset, and the Hour of Creation, before sunrise. If planet Willarv has seasons, then dawn and sunset time will change throughout all year, I wonder if the hours' patrons would change too?

These are the best photos of Leez i have seen in the whole series , but they remind me of Asha for some reason

Spoiler

The look she has on her face is almost... melancholic? Although it's true Asha has been drawn quite a lot like that, too. It's strange Leez didn't seem to have any serious arguments with her mom, unlike most teenagers. :D

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oh? Is that strange?
1. No other girls of her age in her village => No arguing with mother over whether to get the latest shinies to compare with other girls
2. Not many boys of her age in her village => no boyfriend issues. ._.
3. No need to go to school. That avoids... a lot of arguments. xD

Her only discontent seems to be the fact that she can't get out of the village. But her mother told her she could once she's reached her 15th birthday, so...

Asha doesn't Look dangerous, she Is dangerous. B)

3492bk6.jpg