Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

New manga site like bato.to

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Silvermoment

Silvermoment

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
I'm also looking for a site like this(though I think everyone is); but if it helps, here are some sites you SHOULDN'T go to. The ones I heard about, I heard about through yahoo answers or reddit threads.

Mangap*nda- has instant redirects and pop-ups. For me it was completely unusable.

Mangare*der- has same problems as aforementioned sites.

Mangah*re- heard it has malware ads and redirects.

Mang*go- has malware ads and redirects.

Kis*manga- has malware ads and horrible navigation that causes you to click them unintentionally. Also redirects.

Mangaf*x- Has malware ads and pop-ups.

Mangap*rk- obtrusive malware ads.

Thespe*trum- has malware ads and redirects.

And here are the best sites I've seen or heard about in this forum :)

M*ngadex- No ads. Fairly new; thanks hologfx!

Mangad*ep- Has malware ads, but they aren't very obtrusive(no pop-ups or redirects). Thanks kingpipot89!

M*ngarock- Has unobtrusive malware ads always at bottom of screen, no pop-ups or redirects. Thanks esquire!

Moonbun*ycafe- Has (possible) malware ads above and below image. No pop-ups or redirects. Has both comics and novels, but has a fairly small library, especially compared with other sites. Surprised I didn't hear about this one before; thanks nekopawtato!

Mang*town- has malware ads above and below image; occasional pop-ups. Thanks dannica2 for posting this!

Mangak*k*lot- has malware ads above and below image, but still no pop-ups or redirects.( originally skeptical of going to this one cause I heard it was a hentai site? Can anyone confirm?)

Webtoons- Legal site with free manhwa. No malware whatsoever. Thanks charivari for posting about these!

Pr*xer.me- German manga/anime site. Didn't really get much info on this one while I was there since most of it's inaccessible in non-german networks, but it didn't look like it had malware ads and at least I didn't get any pop-ups. Thanks garamero for mentioning this one!

I'm updating this as I find or remember more sites. Also, most of these sites are still usable with the proper ad-blocks, I personally would just rather stay away from sites that try to give you viruses( or affiliate with ad companies who do the same). I'm also not going to list any applications or downloads, since I don't use those and anything I put about them would just be hearsay, usually from an unreliable source since there are so many.

Edited by Silvermoment, 23 February 2018 - 08:11 PM.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

malware ads

You mean the ads when you click on them and a window/dialogue pops up, and if you click the stupid option it installs something

I looked Kissmanga seems be the only option ATM. No where near as good as batoto. It looks like they ran a scraper on batoto. Now what are they going to to do :D

Hopefully a simplified version of batoto comes back where scanlators can upload. YES I'M SHOUTING & PRAYING AT THE SAME TIME.

If there is a manga god, he may hear me. If not, truck-kun do your thing.

Until then I've updated all to mangaupdates and will use whatever

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

Shinobu

Shinobu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

My only request is that I can export my follows to the new "batoto".

firathmagi

firathmagi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

please update top post if something useful gets listed

LinkLess

LinkLess

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I would like to find one site that show me the last release of the manga i'm following like batoto even if you can't read them online.
Now time to search internet I guess.

RealHounder2014

RealHounder2014

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

For those who are worried about about their follow list, Grump did say he was going to try and come up with something to help there. One option if for you to take screenshots of your "My Follows" page.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

I would like to find one site that show me the last release of the manga i'm following like batoto even if you can't read them online.
Now time to search internet I guess.

https://www.mangaupdates.com

It's the best option to keep track. It's been around forever so you'll never lose your list. I avoided it for a while but it's worth it.

It shows new chapters in ordered list and more.

You can also install a tampermonkey script to make things even easier

Edited by SushiAddiction, 10 January 2018 - 01:15 AM.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

aibaby

aibaby

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

If you're using Chrome, I used an extension called FireShot. It lets you "capture" a page and save it either as an image or a pdf. I did both. If you saved it as a pdf, it will save the hyperlink it's connected to too (though in this case this will be useless pretty soon).

vhsvcr

vhsvcr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

k*ssm*ng* is feasible with adblockers, it has a similar 'bookmarking' system if you're willing to use and sign up for it. (i only used it for when chapters of manga got taken down- sort of a last resort)

dyn*sty-sc*ns is good site if you're looking for yuri based mangas

kingpipot89

kingpipot89

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
If my Hunch is Correct !, Mangafox will be closing also this 24 of january 2018.. DMCA anti-piracy of manga, same to MangaPark on february 3 2018.. the Only manga Site which is Legal is ReadMangaToday.to and Lezhen of Chinese bullies... while surfing on the net last night, i RED a comment by DMCA japan and China does not like their Works being translated especially Chinese Manhua into English and etc... DMCA said will not tolerate any illegal MangaSites that harbor illegal Translations... please Help me reconfirm this..ask the other Mangasites on their status, because Ive tried contacting them but no Response...if this is Massive clean Up of website then we have the rights to Protest to DMCA that The Internet Is FREE and NO ONE OWNS the NET

I'm also looking for a site like this(though I think everyone is); but if it helps, here are some sites you SHOULDN'T go to. The ones I heard about, I heard about through yahoo answers or reddit threads.
Kis*manga- has alware ads and horrible navigation that causes you to click them unintentionally. Also redirects.
Onem*nga- heard it has malware ads and redirects.

. Please try MangaDeep.. it is the 3rd equal to Batoto

Jpwong

Jpwong

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Hoping for a site that aggregates scanlator release announcements and gives links to their sites

Ezarkal

Ezarkal

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

While I don't know anything about their policies and relations with the various scanlation groups, Mangapanda has served as a functional reader for me in the past.  It's nothing near the awesomeness of batoto, but hopefully it will help people keep track of some of their series.

EDIT:  I use adblock, though.  I don't know how it behaves without it.

Edited by Ezarkal, 11 January 2018 - 02:51 AM.

syncswim

syncswim

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

The amount of responses here that are like "no, it was totally unique. No one will do a project this huge ever again" isn't reassuring. My gut tells me it's over and we're going back to the era of tracking a million individual scan groups by hand, or taking your chances with awful adware-infested hosting sites.

dandyi13

dandyi13

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

I've heard there will be new site similar to bato.to named tama.mo but im not sure if it true or not 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I've heard there will be new site similar to bato.to named tama.mo but im not sure if it true or not

Google tells me that's just what 4chan decided the name for any replacement for Batoto should be, in a poll. So, wouldn't count on anything substantial materializing out of that.

The amount of responses here that are like "no, it was totally unique. No one will do a project this huge ever again" isn't reassuring. My gut tells me it's over and we're going back to the era of tracking a million individual scan groups by hand, or taking your chances with awful adware-infested hosting sites.

I mean, the first part ("it's totally unique") is definitely true.

I have some hope that enough of the scanlation community feels that something like Batoto was nice emough to have around, that some of the more technically competent members can band together and make a working replacement. Question is whether the perquisite skill, time, and money can be gathered under one banner (without any interpersonal drama getting in the way, at that).

I'm a programmer, but neither a web developer nor a database manager, so I can't really do anything to help, but I'm curious what sorts of conversations are going on amongst the more tech-savvy scanlation teams right now...

Edited by pokari, 10 January 2018 - 04:23 AM.

Revassin

Revassin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Mangad*ep- Has malware ads, but aren't very obtrusive. Probably best bet so far; thanks kingpipot89!

Mangap*nda- has instant redirects and pop-ups. For me it was completely unusable.

Mangastre*m- heard it has exactly the same problems as Mangap*nda.

Mangare*der- has same problems as aforementioned sites.

Mang*go- has malware ads and redirects.

Kis*manga- has alware ads and horrible navigation that causes you to click them unintentionally. Also redirects.

Onem*nga- heard it has malware ads and redirects.

Thespe*trum- has malware ads and redirects.

I'm updating this as I find or remember more sites. Also, most of these sites are still usable with the proper ad-blocks, I personally would just rather stay away from sites that try to give you viruses( or affiliate with ad companies who do the same).

This list is nice and all but I think these are actually the only alternatives to bato.to at this moment? If you are looking for a site with a collection of manga. So the only other option would be to check the daily releases at mangaupdates and then find the scanlation site itself. Personally I pref they way bato.to did it with the small thumbnails because I could always get an idea of the artwork and whats the story about when looking for new manga to read. Having to go back to scanning all the titles on the mangaupdates release page and checking random titles for new manga is gonna be so tiring everyday :(

EDIT: Does Onem*nga still exist in some way? As far as I know that site doesn't exist anymore???

Edited by Revassin, 10 January 2018 - 08:10 AM.

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Personally I pref they way bato.to did it with the small thumbnails because I could always get an idea of the artwork and whats the story about when looking for new manga to read. Having to go back to scanning all the titles on the mangaupdates release page and checking random titles for new manga is gonna be so tiring everyday :(

Saw a comment on reddit discussing Batoto shutting down which might help you out with getting an idea of how the artwork looks on mangaupdates. There were also some other useful scripts for MU mentioned earlier.

Edited by Chilled SDK, 10 January 2018 - 10:42 AM.

Revassin

Revassin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Saw a comment on reddit discussing Batoto shutting down which might help you out with getting an idea of how the artwork looks on mangaupdates. There were also some other useful scripts for MU mentioned earlier.

Ow wow tnx for that  :D
That looks very useful!
I will definitely look at the links in more detail when I get back home.

LinkLess

LinkLess

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

https://www.mangaupdates.com

It's the best option to keep track. It's been around forever so you'll never lose your list. I avoided it for a while but it's worth it.

It shows new chapters in ordered list and more.

You can also install a tampermonkey script to make things even easier

Thanks for that , I guess I'll use this now.

I'm not really a fan of the way it tell me the release of the manga I'm "following" , it could work If I write everytime which is the last chapter I saw.

EDIT : I found exaclty what I need : http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/66979 for MU

Edited by LinkLess, 10 January 2018 - 12:19 PM.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

https://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/66979

I couldn't get it working no matter what (yes I followed suggestions) >EDIT - working. I don't see it's that much better than mylist.

so I'm using atm

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10937-mangaupdates-custom-releases-page

Links to MF MH from MU. I've added another site, KA. in the comments section there is an attached script. It's partially broken. I can't fix it but I will probably add more sites. Hopefully someone can fix the script.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19820-manga-updates-external-links

or

modified (MF,MH,KA,MP), need to create new script and paste the text from here into it. AniDB link broken too (not my fault)

https://justpaste.it/1fixt

Already had bring back group links installed. Excellent.

https://github.com/loadletter/mangaupdates-urlfix/

Covers should not be turned on unless needed. Extra traffic

Other stuff

This plugs a hole that affects every link. Helps on ad pages

http://www.github.com/jaredsohn/noopener_by_default

along with the usual extensions to stop nasty ads that behave badly.

ALL this is a stopgap. We really need a new batoto. A place where scanlators will upload. Many of these other sites just scraped batoto. These sites will become shit with batoto gone.

Edited by SushiAddiction, 10 January 2018 - 01:11 PM.