Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto will be closing permanently

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2393 replies to this topic

Yahye400

Yahye400

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

thanks for everything!

Aurora

Aurora

Potato

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMusée d'Orsay

I heard the news and it's hard for me to part ways.  

After a year had passed, since it was created, did I officially join as a member. It was the ideal site for hq scans from growing scanlation groups to the logistics and simple format that made it easy for a non-tech wiz like me to understand nearly everything. The people are amazing, really, they'll entertain you. 

I hope this won't be the last that we see any of you who silently lurked in the forums, those semi-active members that only look at postings or someone like me who appeared ever so often to only say one word--you will be missed. 

Thank you for making this a place that I often found myself welcomed. 

Edited by Aurora, 10 January 2018 - 12:12 AM.

tumblr_mn4lhiwDI41soyzg6o2_250.png

There are flowers everywhere, for those who bother to look.

— Henri Matisse

smoke82

smoke82

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

5 years on this site... 5 years of reading hundreds of mangas ...i never really used the forum .....but god 5 years is a long time

thanks for everything

i will never forget your site ,i have more time reading on this site than with my girlfriend xD

best of lucks and go for whatever you want

was a long and nice read BATOTO you will be missed forever....just hoping that someone can  help with a new site ,a SON of batoto at least ,more basic and all but with the soul of batoto

kimagure

kimagure

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Thank you for all of your hard work and everything.  This site really brightened up my life for way longer than I can remember.

remlei

remlei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
I hope someone can takeover the site.

ClothoBuer

ClothoBuer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Man, I still haven't fully recovered from losing OneManga all those years ago, and now Batoto follows suit? Another bitter pill to swallow.

Kata4

Kata4

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

all the best, we will miss you

AbsoluteZero125

AbsoluteZero125

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Why?!? I want to catch up to JoJolion. Why is it shutting down?!?

421cookies

421cookies

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAnime no Sekai
damn, i didn't see this coming at all…
anyway thanks for all your hard works, it's fun to be part of batoto family (;_; )
see you guys at whatever next scanlation base will be

Victorxp12

Victorxp12

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thanks for keeping the site for so long despite all these issues!

Best of luck!

imrannnla

imrannnla

Potato

• Donator
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn a million star motel
Thanks Grumpy and the team for the amazing hard work you guys put in this site. I joined probs about 4 years ago and Batoto has always been my favourite place to read manga. I'll look back very fondly at the time spent here and will miss it a lot.

Have a nice break Grumpy! You deserve it.

Oh, you didn't know before?

Spoiler

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

Oh my God!  Where else am I going to be able to post my idiotic and socially unacceptable comments about the latest chapter releases!? Who else would be willing to put up with this senile old pervert's warped and twisted sense of humor the way that Batoto has for the past seven years!?

Edited by PervySageChuck, 09 January 2018 - 11:44 AM.

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

bobbit

bobbit

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thank you for giving us this wonderful place for all these years. I wish you good fortune in this next chapter of you life.

pallinbn

pallinbn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

so long and thanks for all the fish

DeathCards

DeathCards

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

RIP Self-Publishing series. It's going to be hard to find an as good platform as this. :unsure:

Gweemaren

Gweemaren

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Thank you for all the great years. I started reading here right when you guys opened your doors (though I didn't join until 2012 when I decided I needed an account to comment).

Hopefully there will be a true successor site to fill the void. Will miss this place.

Places like Crunchyroll are becoming a more reliable source for legal online publishing these days, but there's still a long way to go. There's still a role for scanslation,
to bring across relatively unknown and/or self-published series. Batoto has been THE reliable and scanslator-friendly reader site. You'll be dearly missed by the lot of us
who read here.

For many series, Mangaupdates -> Scanslator's website may work. But for many others, it'll take digging through /a/ or reddit or other nebulous places, if there's a traceable
source at all. There will be a large, Batoto-shaped hole in the world of scanslations. Thank you for so many great years, and farewell.

Edited by Gweemaren, 09 January 2018 - 12:32 PM.

Chocolate7

Chocolate7

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Goodbye and thank you for everything!

Hipek

Hipek

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

That was unexpected. Thanks for everything you did! You guys did awesome work that helped a lot of people.

Take care, you'll be missed! And Good luck in real life!

XkaiitoX

XkaiitoX

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I really wish that this is just a prank that he wiil burn the site down, but just pass it on to someone else.....or there would only be major changes etc...

My life without bato.to is just like a juice without a flavor

Edited by XkaiitoX, 09 January 2018 - 12:39 PM.

ferdy

ferdy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Aw it was Realy Sad Info, I hope U Can do What u Want Sensei, Thx For This 4 Year Update Series :batoto_012: