Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

DEFAULT CDN ISSUES

Read before posting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

Robot Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 767 posts

I keep trying to change servers, system keeps changing me back. At this point, after 2 days of disappointment, I check this site for updates before reading the newest releases on another site. I hope they fix the problem soon.

it saves your setting as a cookie, so anything that'd interfere with your cookies (like no-cookies settings, some plugins or possibly even using some old browser version) would reset it.

@LostErrtu/warshadow/Sagi/DavisWTG/serdna
https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/26870-default-cdn-issues/

Global-Mod-in-Disguise

怒りの鉄拳!正義の鉄拳! 悪を打ち砕くために ijqDjd4OWWdmm.gif

<Daktyl button>

Habit: moving off-topic talks to this thread

| Batoto FAQ (WIP) |

| KeyNote || TheSage |

Arlogia

Arlogia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

This CDN UK issue is getting out of hand, i can't read a single new chapter right now. All i get is a massive pileup of images that failed to load.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

can't read a single new chapter right now

all the other servers are not working for you?-?

for month or 2 i have been using img eu and didnt have any problems, but today the settings changed by itself to "auto" and i was back on cdn uk (on both mobile and desktop), obviously i switched it back, but any idea why did it happen?

ah, missed this.
the server_selection cookie seems to be set to expire after a month/30 days. use some cookie manager to change it to a distant date.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Default image server has been changed to CDN2. Doubt I can keep that up for long as it's not meant for huge bandwidth.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Default image server has been fixed and set back as the default one.

Diablo667

Diablo667

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

hello all.

Sorry for not replying back sooner than today as I was away for a while.

I have checked and changed the servers but I am still getting the CDN error (CDN UK).  Like others say, I notice that there are more and more CDN errors in last 2 months comparing to previous months (which I may get CDN error once a day if I am (un)lucky enough to get that error). 

I can confirm that both Firefox and Chromium browsers which I used to read manga on this site that I get CDN UK errors on those. I have tried to change to server via gear icon but it still switches me back to CDN UK after I finish reading one page (of different server).  I have whitelisted this site for cookie management and ad-blocker. :(

PS Thank you for keeping on the top of this CDN errors, Admins. Much appreciated. :)  Thanks again.

taiffon_3e

taiffon_3e

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Last time i had the CND UK issue i could change the server and it worked, now it doesn't matter what server i switch now i get the CND UK issue, in fact i had the EU.NL selected today when this started happening

IndI311

IndI311

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Hi, CDN SG is having quite a lot of problems as well.

since 2012

sigpic368_4.gif

Jasana

Jasana

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Hello,

CDN UK appears quite often recently - for example here: http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/prince-don%e2%80%99t-do-this-r21203

It's interesting that CDN UK error remains no matter which server is selected in Settings.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/prince-don’t-do-this-r21203

not related.

zyTapAr.png
this means there are no pages present in this chapter and it just shows you the current server picture instead
can be a connection hiccup during uploading, attempting a remote upload with a not-direct link, bad filenames (containing fancy symbols or some non-english alphabet letters; usually the case with non-english chapters), wrong filetypes (like .psd or .pdf) or no files present in the first place

if you see any chapters like that, report them in the QA subforum and/or message the uploader that they should check if there's anything wrong with the archive they used and reupload.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Lost_Uma

Lost_Uma

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Now CDN LAX is appearing, no matter what server I select.  It's on the latest chapters of Chikyuu no Houkago:

Vol.6 Ch.33: Alone on Earth

Vol.6 Ch.34: The End of Earth's After School Rest

Vol.6 Ch.35: Morning on Earth

It's been like this for the past 2 days, but only for this chapters.  Other chapters from other manga are loading fine for me.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Now CDN LAX is appearing, no matter what server I select.  It's on the latest chapters of Chikyuu no Houkago:

just above your post:

not related.

zyTapAr.png
this means there are no pages present in this chapter and it just shows you the current server picture instead
can be a connection hiccup during uploading, attempting a remote upload with a not-direct link, bad filenames (containing fancy symbols or some non-english alphabet letters; usually the case with non-english chapters), wrong filetypes (like .psd or .pdf) or no files present in the first place

if you see any chapters like that, report them in the QA subforum and/or message the uploader that they should check if there's anything wrong with the archive they used and reupload.

PMed the uploader.

===

Locking to avoid further bumping.

If you need to report cases like in the quote above, go to the QA subforum.

If any image server goes down in the future, please create a new support thread instead.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3