Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

DEFAULT CDN ISSUES

Read before posting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Diablo667

Diablo667

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Mod edit:
There is an issue with some nodes of the default CDN (so far NYC, LAX and UK have been reported).

Person responsible for CDN servers has been notified about the problem.

Feel free to leave a post here if you have something to add (like a different node not working for you or whatever behaviour you're observing that's not been mentioned yet), or like one of posts describing the same issue as yours as a +1.

Remember that in the meantime you can switch the image server to a different one using the gear icon (cog.png) in the reader.

Original post:

Hello,

I am a long time user of Batoto, and I am noticing that the quality of batoto has gone down and I am fed up with that especially when I couldn't change my default (CDN) to different image servers at all.  It is because CDN server is screwed up and unable to load some images correctly or not loading the images at all.  It is on same par as potato image!

I have determined that the source of those problems are CDN server  so please could anyone within Batoto team to remove it for good so we can stick to new server or different server since they have proved to more reliable than rubbish CDN.

Thanks

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 09 March 2017 - 06:01 AM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
cdn = many servers. it'd appear the one nearest your location is having a problem (or you're having a problem with connecting to it for some reason)

what does it say next to the cdn part for you (i.e. which one exactly are you connecting to)?

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Never had problems with it and I haven't really noticed people complaining about it before you.

You're on an anger trip, chill.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

urudurin

urudurin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

CDN NYC is having issues for me, multiple manga that I'm unable to access

Madcat6204

Madcat6204

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

CDN NYC is having issues for me, multiple manga that I'm unable to access

Likewise.

Edited by Madcat6204, 07 March 2017 - 05:37 PM.

bigstew00

bigstew00

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Likewise.

yeah cant read any of them with that cdn nyc crap only showing up, seeing how that cloudflare bug is or was around, alot of sites havent bothered removing or cleaning up the after math, a couple of the sites i go to are still hit with cloudflare malware and the admins using infected pc's can't tell or are just leaving the malware/virus's ad's up and running

Carnic

Carnic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Yeah, it seems i am incapable to reading any manga above the recent Hayate no Gotoku chapter because it just gives me the CDN NYC image error.

Kugapi

Kugapi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGreenwood, Maine USA

Any of the manga I follow that was uploaded from about 6:30 AM EST on 07MAR2017 when viewed returns page 1 with "CDN NYC"  after page 1 I get a broken link.

DrFunk98

DrFunk98

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

i was getting some issues with certain pages of jojolion and hokuto no ken, i hope this is fixed soon

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

Yeah, I keep getting CDN NYC on every manga chapter that's updated from about 05:00 EST from what I can tell. It's terribly inconvenient and I hope something is being done to resolve this presumably server-related issue. 

forecast

forecast

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

same as what the others said above.

RyudoDragon

RyudoDragon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

CDN NYC on manga's that have been uploaded today. So same has everyone here.

DisgruntledNon

DisgruntledNon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Came here to post the same! CDN NYC on a lot of new updates.

grizzlycyborg

grizzlycyborg

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yeah my brother and I'm having the same problem CDN YNC. We live in different states (MI. and WI.) get the same message and no images load. We never had this problem before.

Edited by grizzlycyborg, 08 March 2017 - 12:37 AM.

arbiter

arbiter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Only way atm around it til it things get sorted out is find a proxy server some where else and run through that for time being. I used my server in france to bypass it. Its not a permanent solution but its one least lets you read for now til its fixed.

Xzaral

Xzaral

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Just chiming in same issue here.

L0RD_decided

L0RD_decided

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

same issue here, CDN NYC

Weoooo

Weoooo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Yeah CDN NYC seems busted. It's on everything.

DrFunk98

DrFunk98

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I discovered a sort of fix, it doesn't really fix the server itself but itll let you continue reading. If you go to the gear icon next to where you select pages, you can select a different sever to read from,just select one and press submit, it should work.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I have confirmed & reported the issue of CDN(default) NYC to the person who's maintaining the CDN. I'm gonna assume he'll fix within 24hrs and gonna leave as is. If it turns out to take longer, I'll temporarily remove it as default.

In the meanwhile, as DrFunk98 said, click the gear icon cog.png  in the reader and you can switch to other image servers manually. This option exists precisely for reason such as this. I've just double checked that this option is working.

If it's not working for you, please make sure to turn off any browser addons that many conflict with the operation of this website.

The CDN2 in the option is also completely distinct from CDN (default).

-----------------------

Edit: Temporary fix should be in and people should not be reaching CDN NYC until issue is rectified.

Edited by Grumpy, 08 March 2017 - 06:11 AM.