Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
660 replies to this topic

Zeta42

Zeta42

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts

"You okay, lady?" MY SIDES! xD

And then that girl mistakes him for a lady, too. Wonder if her accent is kansai-ben (that's the only Japanese accent I know of). Can't remember any of Genji's lovers having a special accent, so I've no idea which woman she represents.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

"You okay, lady?" MY SIDES! xD

And then that girl mistakes him for a lady, too. Wonder if her accent is kansai-ben (that's the only Japanese accent I know of). Can't remember any of Genji's lovers having a special accent, so I've no idea which woman she represents.

Yeah, no kidding. They'd kind of been leading up to this over the last few chapters or so, but with all the smack directed at Minamoto about being "feminine" it was almost painful to read...........wow, gotta feel sorry for the poor guy   >_<

Yeah, I'm curious about the accent now too, I wonder what we'll get. Some popular manga cliche I guess, like you said either the kansai thing, a "country" accent or a "foreigner" (of some flavor) probably.

Tn7HA0h.png

Baltringue29

Baltringue29

Potato

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yeah, no kidding. They'd kind of been leading up to this over the last few chapters or so, but with all the smack directed at Minamoto about being "feminine" it was almost painful to read...........wow, gotta feel sorry for the poor guy   >_<

Yeah, I'm curious about the accent now too, I wonder what we'll get. Some popular manga cliche I guess, like you said either the kansai thing, a "country" accent or a "foreigner" (of some flavor) probably.

What if she's a yankee?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

What if she's a yankee?

hope she's a yankee, I'd like a catfight where his old middle school bully-girl gets the snot beat out of her   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

bronx819

bronx819

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Yay~ now we have an athletic girl, can't wait to see how this turns out. Here's hoping she doesn't have a secret deal breaker

v0ElHZQ.gif

Name7380

Name7380

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts
(edit - confirmed to be incorrect)Theories on story progression

Spoiler

Edited by Max-Power, 02 September 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Happiness is the truth.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Theories on story progression

Spoiler

You mean when she said "It's no use" to him when he was collapsed in the entryway from over-exercising? Could be, though I thought she probably just meant it was "no use" going overboard like he was, trying to change his image overnight.

Tn7HA0h.png

wow40

wow40

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I just checked the raw and the accent is kansai ben^^ 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, we didn't have to wait long at all for that chapter. So, a "sporty" girl next, eh? He's (probably) got his work cut out for him this time   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Name7380

Name7380

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts
Woman aren't as picky as men about appearances, it all comes down to individual taste. It makes sense that sports people will get together with those with the same
hobby.

It would of been better if Terumi was still holding Kaoruko when the sports girl came in.

You mean when she said "It's no use" to him when he was collapsed in the entryway from over-exercising? Could be, though I thought she probably just meant it was "no use" going overboard like he was, trying to change his image overnight.

Both thoughts are right.

I read between the lines and got it wrong. I am looking forward to the twist.

Edited by Max-Power, 02 September 2014 - 02:20 AM.

Happiness is the truth.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I read between the lines and got it wrong. I am looking forward to the twist.

Well, now with ch 137 out we see she was getting pretty dismissive with him, kind of giving him that "I'm just wasting my time on you" sort of attitude........though I'd guess it was as much her way of reproaching him for being all depressed about the whole "he's a girl" thing as actually being mad at him.   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

WindRaijin

WindRaijin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Ahh, Kaoruko's facial expression at the bottom of page 8 was so indignant but cute at the same time haha ^^

Akabane_Kun

Akabane_Kun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationIn the 135th Floor waiting...

The description of this series scares me XD.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

the new chapter's out... 

http://vortex-scans.com/blog/2014/09/minamoto-kun-monogatari-138/

http://reader.vortex-scans.com/read/minamotokun_monogatari__/en/0/138/page/1

It's an interesting dynamic between them, I like it already..........she's dominant but actually nice about it   :D

Edited by svines85, 13 September 2014 - 01:29 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Zeta42

Zeta42

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts

This girl doesn't like losers. Show her your manly side... by seeing her in bra and panties. Flag triggered!

I blew the air out of my nose louder than usual when they both were like "shhhhh."

Name7380

Name7380

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts
What a break! That could of gone a lot worse... Lol.
Happiness is the truth.

Zeta42

Zeta42

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts

What's with these short detours lately? Tsukiko's sister's introduction, Terumi's brother's birth. And the chapter was translated weirdly. "If your mother was Terumi-kun, we'd be in bed now"; "Did you like the trial?" Feels so off.

And apparently, Terumi won't have to seduce his stepmother. Which means, Lady Fujitsubo isn't his stepmother... then could she be...?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

What's with these short detours lately? Tsukiko's sister's introduction, Terumi's brother's birth. And the chapter was translated weirdly. "If your mother was Terumi-kun, we'd be in bed now"; "Did you like the trial?" Feels so off.

And apparently, Terumi won't have to seduce his stepmother. Which means, Lady Fujitsubo isn't his stepmother... then could she be...?

I do agree with you, though I don't know that's it's just been lately......this seems to be the author's intention/style in this story, the interspersed "random" seeming events in between larger segments of story (or even during them). Kind of gives it a "slice of life" type feel to it....I don't personally find it a bad thing, just, well yeah, kind of a style of storytelling I guess.

There were a few odd things and phrasings and such in that chapter, yes. While I'm hugely appreciative of Vortex and all their member's work on this title, I've seen a thing or two here and there that kind of gave me pause since they had to change translators for this a couple/few months ago. 

Tn7HA0h.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
Why are there chapters missing? What infringement is the cause? Did the manga get licensed and if so why haven't I heard about it?
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Why are there chapters missing? What infringement is the cause? Did the manga get licensed and if so why haven't I heard about it?

Oh, are there chapters missing on this one too now? Yeah, there's some weird stuff been going on around here over the last week or so, this isn't the only title that's got chapters missing. No clue and apparently none of the staff are gonna answer.

The first I saw about this was on the twelfth of this month over the same thing on Silver Spoons and one called Seven Deadly Sins.......same thing just a handful of chapters missing. There are a number of other QA/support type threads/inquires about it on other titles too and nobody from Batoto has answered (or put up any kind of notice on the comic page) yet on any of the ones I've looked at.   >_<

Tn7HA0h.png