Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] From Goblins to Gods

Re: Monster Fantasy Survival

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

You get the following:

Waterborne's Knowledge - The user is bestowed a pool of information regarding seas and oceans along with the creatures that dwell in it. The information is gradually gained and expands over time. 

Also, you get the the Job Class - Fisherman. You make pick any 2 talents that are related to this class. Examples would be swimming, fishing, and sailing. Do not be limited to these choices; if you have an idea that you want to go for, just tell me.

Hoho, so there'll be job classes, huh? Nice nice.

Definitely needed for survival, yes yes.

hmm, By picking 'fishing' would that allow jin to do better against sea/ocean dwelling monsters? Or is it just a out of battle/story kind of thing?

They'll definitely be well fed whenever they're near water!

Will work on a post later.

Edited by I-Am-X, 16 June 2016 - 09:34 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

I was gunna swoop in like a mighty vulture and pick at the bones of that knowledge/class combo. Useful for future Patch's inevitable expeditions across the seas. But I have decided that is a problem for future Patch. I'll be taking nothing but the pipe and and awesome new language.

Also, I posted. Not sure about the way I had Patch talk at the end. Sounds a little too intelligent. But I love the idea of the dialect he picked up being 'Posh English Gentleman' for no apparent reason. We'll see. >.<

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Hoho, so there'll be job classes, huh? Nice nice.

Definitely needed for survival, yes yes.

hmm, By picking 'fishing' would that allow jin to do better against sea/ocean dwelling monsters? Or is it just a out of battle/story kind of thing?

They'll definitely be well fed whenever they're near water!

Will work on a post later.

The light novel had job classes too.

Not really, it would only grant him higher roles when it came to fishing and activities related to that, but in combat, it wouldn't help that much. The knowledge ability would indirectly help Jin at times. I might give you certain tidbits when facing water-based creatures.

I was gunna swoop in like a mighty vulture and pick at the bones of that knowledge/class combo. Useful for future Patch's inevitable expeditions across the seas. But I have decided that is a problem for future Patch. I'll be taking nothing but the pipe and and awesome new language.

Also, I posted. Not sure about the way I had Patch talk at the end. Sounds a little too intelligent. But I love the idea of the dialect he picked up being 'Posh English Gentleman' for no apparent reason. We'll see. >.<

You'll definitely get bonus points for that. If you don't mind, I'd prefer you put Posh English Gentleman' along with the Human Language in your character sheet just to confuse those who read the Info Cache. lol

Edited by Callisto, 16 June 2016 - 02:43 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Done. :3

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

@DR and Joker - Just waiting for X and Faye before I update. Also, for DR, will Mu be accompanying Patch on the next hunt?

Edited by Callisto, 16 June 2016 - 03:18 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

@DR and Joker - Just waiting for X and Faye before I update. Also, for DR, will Mu be accompanying Patch on the next hunt?

Yes by all means. Patch is always hungry and Mu is his spirit sister in that regard. xP

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

You guys didn't check the human's boat though.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

That's for Jin to do since he is the smarter one.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I mentioned that Patch was going back for it at some point in an early post. I' gunna grab it on the way back home. STICK BED!

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

That's for Jin to do since he is the smarter one.

Good point. Or maybe Rei could stumble upon it.

I mentioned that Patch was going back for it at some point in an early post. I' gunna grab it on the way back home. STICK BED!

Rechecked it and I definitely missed that Good eye Patch!

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

The light novel had job classes too.

Not really, it would only grant him higher roles when it came to fishing and activities related to that, but in combat, it wouldn't help that much. The knowledge ability would indirectly help Jin at times. I might give you certain tidbits when facing water-based creatures.

Hmm, honestly, I'm not sure what else to pick aside from the ones you mentioned....I guess Swimming and Sailing will do.

All aboard the S.S. Jin

Jin will also go along for the hunt.

Edited by I-Am-X, 16 June 2016 - 04:51 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Hmm, honestly, I'm not sure what else to pick aside from the ones you mentioned....I guess Swimming and Sailing will do.

All aboard the S.S. Jin

Jin will also go along for the hunt.

Fishing? Specialized forms of fishing via use of a tool? Mastery over a Fishing Rod or Harpoon/Spear? 

But Swimming and Sailing are good too.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Fishing? Specialized forms of fishing via use of a tool? Mastery over a Fishing Rod or Harpoon/Spear? 

But Swimming and Sailing are good too.

Oh yeah, well, I'll go more for a Sailor kind of feel. Could be more useful and give him more variety, especially if and when they need to travel over water.

Plus, gives him more escape options! Hah!

He can be a pro Fisher in another life!

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Good point. Or maybe Rei could stumble upon it.

And loot it like a good goblin should \0/

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

And loot it like a good goblin should \0/

and be on the wrong end of patch's fists for taking his stick bed.

Lol

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

We can share :<

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

A little competition is good for the cave.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Patch would be congratulating Rei on her cool new stick bed for a while before the horrific realization settles in. Then Patch would be sad.

Also I just realized Rei doesn't speak human like us. We have a secret language now! Haha! If you steal stick-bed Patch will never speak goblin again!

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Patch never forgets!

Well, until he remembers, then he wont forget, yea.

Yea, we can talk human in front of Rei and she wont know what we're saying. Hahah!

Goblin-sized bullying.

Anywho, took the stabby thing and will also take the mans pants so he can keep the stabby thing in.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Callisto

Callisto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Poor Rei though. Everyone's going to be speaking in human and she won't understand a thing. 

Also, if you guys plan to take anything from the human, indicate it. In your next posts, I'd like you to include your character's name, level, abilities, skills, and inventory in a spoiler.  :)

The knapsack could come in handy if anyone of you would want it. And maybe a piece or two of the meat?