Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I meant that time traveling is cliche as an idea that people come up with, not exactly that it's actually prevalent in most stories. The fact that we were able to come up with time traveling so easily (in other manga too) proves the limitations of what we can predict what's going to happen next. Twists in the plot while adding new elements in the story is what surprises readers the most rather than something readers can easily make predictions and write spin-off fan fictions. For an example: reading the first 200 chapters of Naruto led fans with millions of ideas of what the manga is going to be like in the future but they were nearly all false, not necessarily because they were bad predictions but simply because the plot became much more complex as the story went on. A time traveling prediction at this point seems kind of weak....

hmm when you say time traveling it's due to the result of 3 things:
supernatural phenomenon or magical world
scientific experimentation
due to a mysterious characteristic of the world (Something similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth or Narnia)

...I don't know, I still find the idea of time traveling simply hastily inserted into the plot

Edited by Saphsin, 26 November 2011 - 12:43 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
True...

But I still think a time traveling plot, if well thought, could amazingly work. Anyways, we gain near nothing by making up these theories. We just gotta wait for the mystery to be solved.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm I'm just glad it's coming out a much faster pace, I was thinking of finding Korean translations or something....

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Yeah, well, like the manga is still some 30 chapters ahead, and the translators seem to have some dedication to their work, so they'll probably catch up in some weeks.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Anyways, we gain near nothing by making up these theories. We just gotta wait for the mystery to be solved.

I don't think it's meaningless to make conjectures about what's going to happen next. I just see nothing fruitful with slipping in ideas that don't exactly fit with the storyline.
And even if 2-3 chapters come out each week, it'll take a while.....

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Just a heads up to the people editing the chapter titles, leave them as they are please.

Yes, "Chapter 104 A Mysterious Lady: A Key" is what is shown, but the chapter title is only "A Mysterious Lady". The "A Key" is a sub-heading for what happens in the chapter. This is evident in both the volume cover where it SHOWS the chapter titles (don't know how people miss this) and the Japanese version where it's usually something like Chap. 21 for example.

Chapter 21. Child of God: Child of God (in Japanese).

The words after the brackets aren't apart of the official title, so it is ONLY "A Soliloquy" as its title, with the Murmer in the Deep part being a sub heading. Same with it only being "Excavation" and "Extermination". It would be appreciated if someone is able to change this, since most other online readers seem to have the lack of ability or "need" to do so.

Edited by WilliamP, 26 November 2011 - 01:20 PM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Chapter 104 &105

1. The island holds at least 4 towers (in case anything is hidden); the two different groups known in the storyline are currently at each one of them. We also have a general idea of the island's finite size
2. The island was occupied by humans 50 years ago, most likely by a research program from some company or government department. It appears that it is American or British or from a country in which English is a primary language. Although it's strange that previously, English inscriptions of a Japanese person was found at one of the towers.
3. A woman was found with her body preserved a key hidden in her mouth (suspicious)

Edited by Saphsin, 27 November 2011 - 03:30 AM.

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea
does the hard drive yarai take can be used in mariya's laptop...?
can't wait to see them find out what's inside that hard drive...

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Oh..... that's true. Looking at the map, they're pretty far away from each other however. =\

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Though they are not THAT far away. Yarai could probably think about Mariya's computer and try to reach the other group. If he comes to the conclussion that they've already gone to at least one of those towers and that they were following almost the same path, he could return to the white tower to check things out.

As Yarai said, things are getting pretty interesting.

Sociopath Espher

Sociopath Espher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAbove the clouds
that paper in the bird nest just spelled out " Mitsurugi Miina (Black hair) WAS HERE"

The power of thy Incesity is beyond my Retribution.

The power of thy Incesity shall be our alternative salvation! XD

Rin "Kratos" Kokonoe

(From Mangafox's Forum)

Me gusta

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Um I looked back at the last 3 chapters and I don't know what paper you're talking about... can you refer us to it.

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
@ Saphsin: I don't think he means it literally spelled that out. They found a sketch that looks like it came out of Miina's sketch book.

About the 'rest in peace, Miina' thing, I realised it could be the grave of someone she was named after. I can't figure out how all the religious imagery that they are finding will play into the island's mystery. I really wish I knew what the pilot knew. Why did he even think they could do something if they hurried?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Where'd you get Rest in Peace? The inscription below didn't look like that to me.

Black

Black

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOn the thin line between art and design, truth and conviction.
@Vigne

I think the paper not only spells that Miina was there but at the same time it creates another interesting theorie. Well, at least that's wat it does in my mind.
It's certain, or almost certain, that the drawing belongs to her but at the same time it's clear she doesn't remember it or at least she pretends she doesn't remember it.
We can also conclude that her grandfather would be unlikely to send her to that island with al the danger that's there.
All this fits in the clone theory and my own theory is, in a sense, the same on some things.
What if that whole thing in the plane, with the animal crashing into it etc. was a distortion of time because of something happening(elsewhere or there or ...). At that moment a parallel gets created or in other words there are two planes, and two of all the people in it. One of them continues as if nothing happens while the other exits the distortion much further and crashes in that world that was created by the first airplane(well, it's inhabitants). It still doesn't explain the pilot though...
Bartender at 'THE BAR' . Please do visit us.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I think the paper not only spells that Miina was there but at the same time it creates another interesting theorie. Well, at least that's wat it does in my mind.
It's certain, or almost certain, that the drawing belongs to her but at the same time it's clear she doesn't remember it or at least she pretends she doesn't remember it.

Miina could be a first name passed down from her family, although that's only a mild speculation. One thing we do know is that the tower existed at least decades ago (as evidence from the map in the room at the lighthouse), but Miina is still only a child.

We can also conclude that her grandfather would be unlikely to send her to that island with al the danger that's there.

It could be a plan to get rid of her. You can also conjecture that they might have been purposely sent there.

All this fits in the clone theory and my own theory is, in a sense, the same on some things.

Can you explain why that is.

What if that whole thing in the plane, with the animal crashing into it etc. was a distortion of time because of something happening(elsewhere or there or ...). At that moment a parallel gets created or in other words there are two planes, and two of all the people in it. One of them continues as if nothing happens while the other exits the distortion much further and crashes in that world that was created by the first airplane(well, it's inhabitants).

....wait what

lostsage

lostsage

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Where'd you get Rest in Peace? The inscription below didn't look like that to me.

-___- You've been in this thread since the start so I'm not sure how you missed this...

The inscription is almost certainly "Requiescat In Pace" which is Italian for "Rest in Peace."

And blackgod's theory is basically that through some weird time-space rift TWO planes were created, one that went on to Japan normally and one that got stuck on The Island in the future. So the big monument is a tomb to the death of Miina that was on the plane that went to Japan. It's basically the time travel theory with an additional layer of unnecessary complexity. This wouldn't explain why the pilot thought they needed to leave quickly unless he saw the wormhole they came through closing or something (lolno).

But the Spiral employee ID they found and the computers seem to imply they are in some kind of Jurassic Park kinda setting. A facility built to resurrect extinct animals (possibly as a tribute to Miina by her grandfather) where something went horribly wrong and they lose control of the whole thing. How or why they crashed into it remains to be seen though.

brycec

brycec

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

does the hard drive yarai take can be used in mariya's laptop...?
can't wait to see them find out what's inside that hard drive...

Yes, it does, but I don't see how Mariya can have the supplies necessary and if the corpse is supposedly 50 years old, like what Yarai's group thinks, it would be highly doubtful that the hard drive would function, or the connectors necessary would be present in Mariya's inventory.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
They'll probably be able to find a working computer in the future.

And I'm kind of suspicious of Miina... I mean, I don't buy the whole amnesia thing... It's possible that she could be lying about her situation.

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
So new chapter is out. Yarai x Segawa fans must be rolling in awe and happiness, on the other hand I'm sure Segawa's getting a lot of enemies by the way she's acting as well! I personally love her, considering I like those types of characters (Kawana Kotomi being my favourite!!)

Also seems like Kurusu may be in a dire situation...

And lastly a meeting between Yarai and Sengoku's groups will soon happen!

Edited by WilliamP, 02 December 2011 - 12:41 PM.