Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
As the Title says a discussion thread in regards to current scanlated chapters of Cage of Eden and other various things.

That and so people don't have to see spoilers in the Comment Section

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
This comic deserves some discussion! There isn't too much to say about this last chapter since it was the end of a mini story arc. As soon as they found that trap I was thinking, "oh, they're going to use that to capture some animals later," so no suprise there. Still, a satisfying conclusion.

I have a mostly unfounded theory that all the living things on the island are clones, including the people, and it's all a big survial experiment that someone is conducting. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by genz, 19 November 2011 - 03:15 PM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
English translations are more than 30 chapters behind! ): I wish they came out faster.

genz: Your conjecture is pretty reliable (it was revealed back then that the mountain was man-made) but what do you mean including the people? Which people and why would you think they're be clones?

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Saphsin: The only reason I include the people is that there is a theory going around that Hades is Sengoku Akira who somehow time travelled. I'm not big on the time travelling theory, but I do like the idea that Hades is Akira, mostly because if you go back and read the beginning of the comic with that thought in mind, you can interpret his actions in a different way.

So I came up with a new idea that in fact everyone had already gone through the whole experience before and died, and the people on the island now are clones and it's just a second test run. And Hades would be an Akira who survived the last time and knows what's going on.

Don't ask me how the clones could be full grown, I'm seriously just making stuff up; but assuming they are given the memories that the originals had, it might explain why Mina doesn't have a memory. If she knew about the island in advance, having her there would screw up the experiment. So just don't give her all of her memories.

There are lots of crazy theories about this comic and I'm not married to mine, so please feel free to pick it apart and come up with a better/crazier one. Guessing the mystery is one of my favourite things about this comic.

Kyujyu

Kyujyu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Southeast Asia
In chapter 100 with Miina Isurugi name on the monument, its almost certain that the island is made by the Isurugi clan for untold reason IMO.
Genz's theory is quite plausible and if we try to read the 2nd row on the monument, It actually look like this using old english text : R+++K+SCAT I+ P+CE
*+* is the damaged letters and the letter I could make out is the most similar when compared to text above. Use windows word if you need prove.
As you see, it didn't make much sense to me and at 1st I thought it says "REST IN PEACE" but the number of letter don't match up.
Guess we need to keep reading god knows how many chapter more until the island mysteries is lifted.

FucSh1a

FucSh1a

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
@ Kyujyu
I have thing feeling that you are not that wrong. It could possibly the Italian version of "Rest In Peace", ie, "Requiescat In Pace" It fits the words engraved on it if you think about it.

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
I thought latin first, which is in pace requiescat. The italian matches even better! Combined with the angel statue, looks like that place is Miina's grave. So there is a dead Miina and a live one... or it's some kind of red herring.

Edited by genz, 20 November 2011 - 05:30 PM.

lostsage

lostsage

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Aww man someone bet me to it, as soon as I saw it I knew it was Requiescat In Pace (Thanks Assassin's Creed). So this obviously makes it a tombstone for Miina or maybe something else if there is more buried. Fitting considering how rich her grandfather is/was. But the Italian could mean a couple things: that they are in what used to be Italy or that it could be anywhere and the grandfather just had a penchant for Italian. So they are either in the future where the grandfather revived all of Miina's favorite animals as tribute or a parallel Jurassic Park world.

That first option seems awfully likely now that I think about it. The grandfather buys a whole bunch of land for her memorial and puts all her favorite animals on it, which would explain why she knows so much about them.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
The only thing that bothers me about genz interpretation though is the force field that appeared in the first chapter, when Akira was trying to grab the girl's hand. It somehow gave me the impression that this was about time traveling. But not actually to the past... It may be to the future. It kind of reminds me of Dino Crisis 2. The story was that humanity managed to develop time traveling in a way that a whole area can be transported to that same place but into the past or future. Some kind of colony is built in the past, and a team of specialized soldiers is sent there. But when they arrive, they see that dinasours have invaded, etc, etc, etc. So, in the end, they discover that they are not actually in the past, but in the future, a future where time traveling was used to transport a large area, maybe the whole country, from the past to the present.

It could be something similar. That island is an island from the future, and Miina (as an adult) managed to develop time traveling with the power of her company. But the technology went out of control and, besides transporting a whole jungle-like area, started to transport things from different times into that world. (Let's take into consideration that the animals shown all lived in different eras). This also caused the plane where all of them were traveling to fall into that place. Miina tried to make things right but it was impossible, and after her death a huge monument was built for her efforts.

I think the chances of being something like that are 30%, but I really like that theory.

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
ndanix: Using my clone theory, I think the thing they saw at that time was a giant creature crashing into the side of the plane and that is when everyone died for the first time. It looks screwed up like that because it's the final living memory of the original group.

Chances of me being right? I have no idea. Maybe 5%, since the thing did look all see-through, not solid.

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
In favour of the time travelling theory: at the very least, a lot of time must have past at some point for there to be a grave for Miina that's old enough to have been covered over and battered.

Kyujyu

Kyujyu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Southeast Asia

@ Kyujyu
I have thing feeling that you are not that wrong. It could possibly the Italian version of "Rest In Peace", ie, "Requiescat In Pace" It fits the words engraved on it if you think about it.

Thats why Oomori-san can read it, stewardess have to at least know more than 2 language than a smart student. I actually like the time travel theory :lol:
The different era of animal,man-made monument from maybe the past and future, also judging from the pilot reaction, they may got sucked into a time hole and appeared on the island thus reducing the number of people dying from the landing.
It match with what he said that they need to hurry before the time warp hole close up :wacko:

FucSh1a

FucSh1a

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
LOL yea, I thought of the idea thanks to Assassin's Creed as well XD.
I personally am not in favour for time leaps of the sort, but rather the cloning. Possibly, because of Miina's death, her grandfather tried to 'revive' her through cloning technology which thus results to the Miina we see alive on the island. Also, using that technology found, he also cloned extinct animals and placed it on the island (who knows? Maybe the original Miina was interested in those sorts of animals). However, why Miina is on the island even though arduous work was needed to create the clone is unsure (I'm thinking with the fact that the flight was rigged), but maybe who knows? The grandfather believed in the end a clone is a clone, it can never be like the original and tried to dispose of its remains on the island?

7godeohs

7godeohs

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

English translations are more than 30 chapters behind! ): I wish they came out faster.

Red Hawk seemingly dropped it for that reason, but thankfully Death Toll Scans picked it up and they have stated that new releases will be coming out at a much faster pace and they hope to catch up soon. I am just thankful a quality group picked it up - the alternative was Dragon Fly and their quality much sh-.........er, shoddy at best.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Oh thank god then, it came out way too slowly for one thats published in a weekly magazine......

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
Anyone remember how LOST ended? Yeah. . .that's also possible.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

Troy

Troy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Going with the time travel theory. Maybe they went to the future, and were presumed dead in the present. Since Miina's grandfather seemed really concerned about her maybe he built some kind of artificial island or place as a memorial for Miina, evident in the structure that seems to say "Requiescat in Pace." And the place was created around the area their place when missing. The reason for the extinct animals would be since Miina was always with her grandfather, he heard her talking about animals a lot and decided to clone or recreate these animals in Miina's words. This would also explain why the area isn't in Mariya's map since it was created after they disappeared or why she knows things about the animals not described in Mariya's laptop. As for Miina's amnesia, maybe she just got it after the plane crash, like in the mass panic that occured.

Just another theory I guess lol. There's a lot of faults in it though. Like why was the pilot behaving strange? How did they time travel?

Edited by Troy, 22 November 2011 - 05:47 AM.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
It's clear the the pilot knows... or knew... something. And now a lighthouse... Well, it was about time we returned to the delinquent's group (it was so long ago that I forgot the name)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Going with the time travel theory. Maybe they went to the future, and were presumed dead in the present. Since Miina's grandfather seemed really concerned about her maybe he built some kind of artificial island or place as a memorial for Miina, evident in the structure that seems to say "Requiescat in Pace." And the place was created around the area their place when missing. The reason for the extinct animals would be since Miina was always with her grandfather, he heard her talking about animals a lot and decided to clone or recreate these animals in Miina's words. This would also explain why the area isn't in Mariya's map since it was created after they disappeared or why she knows things about the animals not described in Mariya's laptop. As for Miina's amnesia, maybe she just got it after the plane crash, like in the mass panic that occured.

So what do we know now about the island?

1. There are human structures that were most likely created with modern technology: "English inscriptions, modern architecture (light house and the shape of the stairs), much of the material that covers much of the landscape of the island (such as the gravel that made up the mountains) were synthetically made (not natural), traps that were intelligently made, and carvings of human faces were done"
2. The creatures that appeared on the island not only lived in different time periods, but also lived geographically separate from each other in history
3. The pilot saw something alarming about the island before he successfully prevented the airplane from crash landing

I don't see any room for a time-traveling theory if not unlikely..... but not only is it redundant to the plot, I think it's very unappealing approach to revealing the mystery of the island. Not just because it's cliche but it's not something that can really bit by bit catch the reader off guard with the biggest impact. I mean does a time traveling ending really seem much of an epic revelation to you?

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Not that much... But you know... People believe that time traveling is actually cliche, but...

It's pretty damn hard to find a story (book, movie, anime, manga) with time traveling these days. I mean, they are there, but not enough to be considered cliche. And I believe it would be an epic revelation if it is imaginative. Not like "we opened a portal and now you're in the past!" kind of thing, but something bigger, that you wouldn't expect from time traveling.