Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Aquinox

Aquinox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationplanes of confusion
Now, given the new rule is true this manga is headed for some dramatic development, IMO.
Having Mao and Saki confess to him will make the dissolution of the triangle a bit harder.

This is some nice development.
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-- Woody Allen

Synaptic

Synaptic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Honestly though, what the hell. I didn't want this to turn into a harem, f that man. Guess I'm done with it. :/

"I will erase you from my world."

Hideo Kawamura

Posted Image

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
He's not the type of author to make it into a harem, and it's unlikely to turn out to be one anytime soon for several reasons:

1. Harisugawa probably won't relay this new rule revealed in the latest chapter to the other 2 or it'll be another way of confessing, that's why the woman told it to him in secret
2. Mao is clueless about the love triangle and although there are signs of her having feelings for him, it won't turn out to be dating.
3. It is unlikely that there will be more girls who come into the storyline, 2 girls isn't enough to be considered a harem
4. Both girls are supporting Harisugawa's love interest with the other

Other than that, try to appreciate what the manga artist is trying to lay out for the story. What do you mean by suddenly losing interest. -.-

Edited by Saphsin, 20 November 2011 - 09:52 PM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Flupser

Flupser

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
poor guy , that means both of them have to love him and he has to love the two of them too xD polygamy!

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

flupser_zps1d297cfd.png

Spoiler

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Just an annoyance with the themes in this story, I don't think you can just divide 100% of your love to two people, there's no commitment involved in such relationships. -.-

Volte

Volte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
LOL. It's hilarious how it actually got more difficult for him

Sality

Sality

Russet Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 350 posts
Spoiler

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
But still, the plot is speeding up too fast; he should at least add in some interesting arcs here and there.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons

But still, the plot is speeding up too fast; he should at least add in some interesting arcs here and there.

Agreed more arcs that don't speed through the plot would be nice. I'm not to happy about the latest chapter though :/ having both of them love him and him confessing to both of them. At least it's still a Love Triangle instead of a Harem... kinda? But still Its a good manga and I'll still keep reading it.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

Spoiler

They are still one partner short for it to become a harem and not "only" a love triangle ! And since the revelation of the last chapter I seriously doubt they will add someone else to the plot.

But I agree with what seems to be the general tendance here, the story should be developped without furthering the plot too much. The two or three last chapters gave me a sense of urgency while reading it, It feeled liked the author wanted to go somewhere as soon as possible. let's just hope it's worth it

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Normally wouldn't anyone with a conscience have lingering feelings of regret before confessing to the 2nd person.... then it wouldn't fulfill the role of being 100% in love.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
I know it probably won't happen, but what about a mass confession like
Spoiler

Or maybe even a very good end from the
Spoiler

Let the harem plan commence!

Edited by Thunder Wolf, 22 November 2011 - 05:00 AM.

2z50p6t.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I mean don't even compare with To-Love-Ru..... pretty face and mx0, though everyone (including me) were horribly disappointed with the abrupt ending, Kano still wrapped it up cleanly. The ending of To-Love-Ru was rushed because the author had too many personal struggles to continue on with the manga (he found out that his wife was having an affair).

AtrumVentus

AtrumVentus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Normally wouldn't anyone with a conscience have lingering feelings of regret before confessing to the 2nd person.... then it wouldn't fulfill the role of being 100% in love.

or maybe his plan is to confess to Saki and then erase his feeling for Mao as he dates Saki.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
It's not as simple as that because the love relationship between the two has to be 100% pure:

1. Unlike other love triangles in manga: the two best friends are not trying to have a friendly competition with each other for who gets the protagonist first. Matsukawa still feels it's right for Harisugawa to get a chance to confess his feelings to Satomi first. Otherwise she would feel like she interfered with Harisugawa's long-lived commitment to the one he cares most about. That's why she supports their relationship and wouldn't feel comfortable dating him unless he gets rejected by Mao.
2. Do you honestly think he can completely erase feelings for Mao after being obsessed with her for his whole life? Also, since Matsukawa and Satomi are teaming up to help with Harisugawa's problem, the two are bound to have some flags from their interactions at some point. There's also the feeling of guilt that remains if he abandons Satomi (which he is unlikely to do though)
3. We're not completely sure how the love mirror works and what the meaning of it is but it seems to be made so that the one who is in love with a certain girl is forced to commit to that relationship (the girl who is in contact with the mirror). We already know that if he comes in contact with someone from the outside world that Harisugawa doesn't have feelings for, he'll be trapped in there forever. I'm not really sure but it seems to be part of the plot; the woman says that the more people who he becomes in love with, the more helpers he will have. I don't think, for the sake of the plot, that the mirror will just allow him to abandon one person.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Agreed more arcs that don't speed through the plot would be nice. I'm not to happy about the latest chapter though :/ having both of them love him and him confessing to both of them. At least it's still a Love Triangle instead of a Harem... kinda? But still Its a good manga and I'll still keep reading it.

One person's arc that doesn't speed through the plot is another's filler. There's definitely a balancing act there.

As to needing both of them . . . I'd agree that there's no sign anyone else would be likely to be added. So it's not egg-zactly a harem, which usually means a few girls, kind of indefinitely expanding. If it did look like turning into a real harem, I would be so gone. But he has to get both at once, so it's not really a triangle in the usual sense.
My first reaction was definitely "Oh, Give Me A Break!!!" The whole manga is based on a very contrived premise, of course. But I don't mind a well-contrived premise if it's interesting. I do think, though, that to keep it good you have to be all the more disciplined about the plot from there on in. If you keep adding contrivances it turns into a muddle; every plot twist becomes just gratuitous and it loses the thread. What we have here is a totally contrived plot complication. It's starting to stretch my willingness to accept the gimmick; I don't know what the mangaka could pull out of her . . . ear next.
And I guess when it comes to romance I am, basically, a monogamist. This doesn't do it for me. But at this point, gratuitously switching it back so he ends up with just one of them after all would annoy me even more. So not a development I'm happy with. But not enough to make me drop it, unless the mangaka can't resist the temptation to keep monkeywrenching the assumptions.

Edited by Purple Library Guy, 24 November 2011 - 11:37 PM.

Karlito504

Karlito504

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
I wouldn't mind some kind of arc to slow up the flow of things. After the latest chapter, it seems to be moving pretty fast. Can't wait for the next chapter though.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Can't wait either. I know he won't confess to her. It's to soon anyways so I doubt it. But At least it'll be another chapter with Matsukawa and Harisugawa together <3

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

Can't wait either. I know he won't confess to her. It's to soon anyways so I doubt it. But At least it'll be another chapter with Matsukawa and Harisugawa together <3

I don't know, I think him confessing is a decent possibility. He already knows that she likes him and he feels the same way back, so there's very little risk in confessing to her. On top of that, they aren't likely to put aside full color pages in the center of the chapter for a scene of him not confessing. And since he can't be in the room with Matsukawa right now (no Satomi) they wouldn't use those pages for some image of them accidentally falling together into an awkward position or something like that. (The sort of thing they like to do for color pages.)
To move the plot along, he either needs to confess, or another wrenching plot twist has to show up. More likely the former, there've been quite a few twists already. Matsukawa's reaction to the confession will be an important point, but its also what comes afterwards that's really important. If all goes well and she accepts, it'll become obvious to her that Harisugawa isn't being released from the mirror despite having confessed his love and having been accepted. Harisugawa will have to explain to her what the real requirements are, and her reaction to that will determine where everything goes.

One other thing: am I the only one who has no idea why the side-character males have a role right now? It seems to me that each of them started out as a potential love rival for one of the girls, but if both of the girls already like Harisugawa then the guys are serving no purpose other than filling space. They haven't appeared recently, but since they clearly have feelings for Satomi and Matsukawa they can't just sit out the whole rest of the series. Something needs to either bring them into the story and establish them as important characters, or end their romantic dilemmas and remove them from the story. Right now they're just nuisances. Agreed?
"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Partysan

Partysan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Just an annoyance with the themes in this story, I don't think you can just divide 100% of your love to two people, there's no commitment involved in such relationships. -.-

I vehemently disagree. The love a person feels cannot be mathmatically limited in this way. Love is a state of mind a person falls into in relation to another person and the strength of the emotion can indeed vary, but the number of people triggering the response do not neccessarily influence the strength of it. A person doesn't have a number of "units of love" somehow saved in them and distribute it between people.
Now a polyamorous relationship does require you to split your time between your lovers, that's true. But it doesn't require you to split your emotion, rather each person has their own love you feel for them.