Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Just a Thread to talk about the latest chapters of Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa.

Anyways. That fact that Harisugawa could also switch places with Matsukawa caught me off guard. I was pretty sure no one was supposed to know about the mirror or its effects or he'd b e stuck in there for ever. Anyways interesting plot development. Now it gives time for him and Satomi to physically spend time together.

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea
wow, what a development...
what about the rules now...?

satomi-harisugawa and matsukawa-harisugawa, i think both satomi and matsukawa musn't know about them knowing harisugawa trapped inside the mirror.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
Could be. but I'm sure that she'll figure out that they Satomi knows about it. She already knows "they are in on something together, and the fact that she always talks to him all the time" etc. Anyways i"m a HarisugawaxMatsukawa fan. >.> Just throwing that out there.

Karlito504

Karlito504

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
What about the Rules???
Quote from the Mirror Dude in ch1 (because i forgot what happens when another person finds out, lol): "There can only be one other person who knows about the magical power this mirror holds. If someone other than the two of you were to know about this, you wouldn't be able to leave this place anymore."

scenario 1: he'll figure out a way in which Saki won't find out about the mirror's "magical power" (possible??)
scenario 2: he confesses to Saki and breaks the mirror's curse via some kinda mutual love :P (not very likely)
scenario 3: he's stuck in the mirror forever because Saki realizes what's going on =/.....(very possible)

anything else?

Valéria

Valéria

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil

What about the Rules???
Quote from the Mirror Dude in ch1 (because i forgot what happens when another person finds out, lol): "There can only be one other person who knows about the magical power this mirror holds. If someone other than the two of you were to know about this, you wouldn't be able to leave this place anymore."

scenario 1: he'll figure out a way in which Saki won't find out about the mirror's "magical power" (possible??)
scenario 2: he confesses to Saki and breaks the mirror's curse via some kinda mutual love :P (not very likely)
scenario 3: he's stuck in the mirror forever because Saki realizes what's going on =/.....(very possible)

anything else?

The 3rd scenario is really the most likely, but if he's gonna be stuck up forever in the mirror then we can just drop this manga anywhere because there'll be no plot anymore, right? There must be some - impossible - rule that the buddy who lived in the mirror before Harisugawa didn't know.

But it was sure an unexpected development :blink: Can't imagine what could possibly happen next.

Posted Image

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea
new chapter added...
i think only the one who love him (harisugawa) that can change place with him...
though he didn't seem to notice it...

funny seeing matsukawa exploiting the power of the mirror at the end of this chapter...

nevilarus

nevilarus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
New chapter came out.
It's expected, there're some unknown rules, since no way Harisugawa could be imprisoned forever. I guess it must be "person who have love interest in the prisoner or is the target of the prisoner's love interest" . It's the premise for a harem, lol (j/k , I myself don't expect a new girl).

kurara

kurara

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Such unexpected development~! it's gonna be fun to see them experiment more with the mirror. Luckily their first experiment failed.. if that girl got sucked into the mirror.. there'll be one more person who knows of the secret (~_~)
Thanks Red Hawk scans!

Karlito504

Karlito504

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

New chapter came out.
It's expected, there're some unknown rules, since no way Harisugawa could be imprisoned forever. I guess it must be "person who have love interest in the prisoner or is the target of the prisoner's love interest" . It's the premise for a harem, lol (j/k , I myself don't expect a new girl).

True, looks like if he likes them or vice versa it'll work out....Well, harem is listed as one of the genres. And who knows, maybe during his time outside of the mirror he'll attract some more lady friends, lol.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts

True, looks like if he likes them or vice versa it'll work out....Well, harem is listed as one of the genres. And who knows, maybe during his time outside of the mirror he'll attract some more lady friends, lol.

I hope not. :/ I'm ok with this being a Love Triangle but don't go making this a Harem D: Besides.... I'm a fan of matsukawa. Last thing she needs is more competition >.>

Aquinox

Aquinox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationplanes of confusion
Meh. The "curse" seems, with the new chapter, somehow really simple - counter-climatic, so to speak.
I'm guessing that the "curse" is the indecisiveness, that's it. Because of that the shadow-guy warned Harisugawa to keep the secret between two, b/c a triangle (&more) makes the decision harder.

Especially when one gets to know the condition for the xchange. Basically the two parties must have feelings for each other would be a bit of a strong condition.
I think it's more along the lines that the "outside" party has to have an interest/love the imprisoned one.

Let's see who'll cry in the end.

I don't think this will go in the harem-direction b/c Mx0 didn't do either.
@Censored
Dream on. Basic rule of storywriting: introduce the main characters as soon as possible - therefore Matsukawa doesn't stand a chance >-)
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-- Woody Allen

Sergio Hugo Calderon

Sergio Hugo Calderon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
im liking the development, hope theres some unknown rules!

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I feel like the only way Kano can expand the plot is by adding new rules, otherwise it just becomes a typical love comedy. I'm not sure how long he can keep this up.......

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
Well Obviously forever... considering his track recorded... I kid. I kid. :/

I hope he can. I find his Mangas' Interesting and I enjoy them. Plus I really like this one (atm anyways) but Only time will tell.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I think one thing he didn't utilize very well in this manga is the element of misunderstanding between the characters, something very apparent in his other two works (Taiga pretending he can use magic and Rando pretending to be a girl) I think he can think of various hilarious situations that the main character finds himself in but nothing really happened yet. For an example, when Harisugawa caught in the lingerie store after accidentally switching places with Mao, I was really looking forward to how he was going to get out of that situation but nothing really happened the next chapter.....

Edited by Saphsin, 20 November 2011 - 02:00 AM.

Polboron

Polboron

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
what i find interesting in the latest chapter is that mao hasn't switched with saki after switching with the other girl.
Posted Image

"I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started."
- Ernest Hemingway

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts

what i find interesting in the latest chapter is that mao hasn't switched with saki after switching with the other girl.

The most likely reason why Mao and Saki can't switch with each other is because Harisugawa is the one trapped in the Mirror not them. Also that fact that it is a love mirror most likely means only someone with feelings for the "one" trapped in the mirror is able to switch places with them.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

When switching with the other girl?...... Mao has only switched with Harisugawa so far.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts

When switching with the other girl?...... Mao has only switched with Harisugawa so far.

Maybe he made a typo and meant Harisugawa? I had a feeling that could of been the case but still :/ idk if he is confused or if I'm just confused by what he is saying.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well it makes sense for Saki and Mao to not be able to switch..... they're not in love with each other plus Harisugawa is the permanent resident of the mirror in the first place (there's a time limit to how long he can switch with someone)